Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Megladons

MegFreak

Do Megs still exist?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do Megs still exist?

• Yes, of course they do!
    • I'm not sure, it's possible I guess...
    • somewhat skeptical
    • hellz no (i'm just a wuss cuz I don't want such big creatures to live)
    • it's scientifically impossible

Dude, I think megladons are still around...anyone agree with me? If you're skeptical, read the book Meg by Steve Alten, it is an amazing book because it is so scientifically correct that it makes it so possible for these amazing creatures to exist...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MegFreak

• Engulf

• Lionel

• Xenojjin

Went for the yes option.I believe they're (still) out there.

yeah u rock...they really are probably still in the trench...they can't get past the vents of heat that are in the center of the depths...if they found a way to do so, I think we'd all get eaten, like in Meg! thumbsup.gif

Yup,MegFreak.I just don't think that those whales are the only big-gies out there in the ocean,well at least. original.gif Megalodons could well be the ancestors of those sharks that dwell in oceans one time ago.If the coelacanths could make it til this day,why not the Megs?? thumbsup.gif

Edited by Engulf

I'm sure its possible they are still around . But I dont think so . If they were , wouldn't we have found a corpse by now somewhere ? ( like with the giant squid ) .

We know more about the surface of the moon than we do the oceans of our own planet. In all that open water, miles deep, unobserved, there could be anything, of any size. There could be whole groups of aquatic creatures we have yet discovered? dontgetit.gif

I agree with Kryso.

The sea is way too huge for us to rule this sort of thing out. 'Tis entirely possible for something like that to have survived, plus countless other species (what the plural of species...? huh.gif ) that we have no idea about.

but look at all the new evidence they are finding, you know the teeth that are 5 inches long and the huge 10 ft bite marks in whale carcases....it's all there....and it's hard to find a carcas of a shark because it's made of cartlige and it sinks, unlinke the giant squid who floats....

MegFreak, have you read Sea Monsters by Richard Ellis? It's very good and he has lots of info on sharks. He's also written some other books on squids, sharks, and sea-serpents. Also not to be nosey, but where do you live in the states?

My signature explaines what I believe in. WE as humans know more about what is in space than we do about our own oceans. Anything could be possible.

Megfreak, if you like books on Megolodon sharks, I recomend Meg and The Trench by Steve Alten. They are fictional, but good reads in my opinion.

Heres his site, Steve Alten

I really beleive that they still exist. Like everyone else said, we know more about other planets than we do the ocean. We can't even go to the bottom of it in some places, so what if the Megladon lurkes around down there. ph34r.gif

Cya!

I dont see why they can't exisit! just because we cant see them doesnt mean that they arent there!

i'm on the fence about this one. a side of me says yeah its out there and the other side says its extinct. i just havent heard all the facts yet. so i say maybe.

Well i think anything is possible. I am not sure that Megladons are still around. I was doing research on them and that is how i found this site. From what i have read from the skeptics. It doenst sound possible that they are around,but then again anything is possible. I do believe that there are sea monsters , and giant aquatic animals down in the trenches that scientists havent discovered yet. There is alot of stories I think in the Maui area of a giant shark. The natives call the shark The Lord of The Deep.

I was on the fence too...

It's not impossible...we do know that, though they were thought to have been extinct for several million years, a recently discovered tooth suggests they were still around as recently as 10'000 years ago...in evolutionary terms, that's the blink of an eye.

I think that the fact that we've explored so little of the ocean leaves much to be desired about what we can say is or isn't down there...the oceans have supported gigantic animals for millions of years, and even to the present day (the blue whale for example)...I don't doubt for a moment that there are many thousands upon thousands of species that live near the bottom of the ocean, out of sight, that have yet to be discovered.

Is the Megeladon one of them? Possibly...though I find myself wondering what it feeds on...I think one theory was they eat giant squid. Of course, if they've survived, it's not impossible that whatever prehistoric creatures they used as food managed to do the same.