Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Skeleton Found In Chile Analyzed

pappagooch

I just found this link... Pretty weird stuff. Is this a fake as well?

SANTIAGO -- Alberto Urquiza, a renowned researcher and member of the GEO Group, a Chilean agency devoded to the study of various anomalous phenomena, presented three exclusive images to Terra.cl regarding the strange skeleton found in the city of Concepción in Chile's 8th Region.

According to Urquiza, the group shall receive the specimen on Friday to submit it to a variety of analytical procedures at the hands of experts in order to ascertain its nature. The resarcher believes for the moment that they could be the remains of a "strange animal" although he refuses to put forth any hypotheses until the tests have been fully performed.

The persons who found the odd skeleton are determined to find an explanation for it -- the contrary of what has happened in other similar cases in the country. This, says Urquiza, will allow "the tests and the diffusion of the find to be nearly simultaneous, thus favoring transparency and accountability in the reporting process."

The skeleton presents no upper extremities and as can be seen in the images, shows taloned legs.

These remains can be added to the ones already found in Iquique, presented less than a month ago, and also in Concepción (the so-called TOY case) approximately a year ago.

Link

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pappagooch

• dust19

• tendo

• crosswarrior

Definately looks like a feline of some kind, though the jaw looks to be a bit extended. Did they show any pics of the "taloned legs?"

The two skelatons look almost exactly the same . Its probobly just an extinct speices of cat . Those two skeltons pretty much say it all . Unless of course someone has the entire photo of the "unknown" skelaton . dontgetit.gif

What about the teeth in between the fangs? It definitly looks like a feline of sorts, but those front teeth! Maybe thats natural for a cat species...

It sure does dust19.... Then I wonder what the heck is so unique about the skeleton that makes it a "strange animal"? I'm no Veterinarian so I dont know about animal skeletons... It's quite possibly, as Xenojjin indicated, just an extinct species of some type of feline...

if thats the entire length of the tail it could be a lynx or bobcat. they both have short stubby tales

Yup, it just looks like a big poody cat to me. And as for talons........ there are no feet on the darned skeleton ( are there ? ) so how in tarnation can they tell what was on the end of them?

Well, I would say its defiantly a feline of some description. And possible adapt at night stalking, because of the size of the eye orbits. Though it has a very elongated lower mandible, which is quite unique but not overtly so. The strange thing is the rib cage is quite small, you got to remember all the organs have to be encased in this. But this could simply be damaged, because of the brittle nature of the ribs, which normal snap on the curve section. The foot is hard to see properly, but it would have had a large pad area, similar to a lynx, which has the largest foot of any feline. But all-in-all, nothing overly unique about this skeleton! No taloned feet though?

that skeleton could have just been pieced together wrong...it might have been tuff, but if u have the knowledge, very possible...thats how they "discovered" the brontosaurus...they put a, i believe, diplodocus skull on an unfinished brachiosaur body...sorry land b4 time fans...little foot is fake. it was hard for me to accept myself.

that skeleton could have just been pieced together wrong...it might have been tuff, but if u have the knowledge, very possible...thats how they "discovered" the brontosaurus...they put a, i believe, diplodocus skull on an unfinished brachiosaur body...sorry land b4 time fans...little foot is fake. it was hard for me to accept myself.

A post so great it was posted twice. thumbsup.gifrolleyes.gif

But I agree. yes it could be a patchwork skele. Funny you mention the brontosaur. That broke my heart too. I used have a collection of stuffed brontos. Its sad when science inspires a childs dreams then is taken away in one fell swoop. tongue.gif

• 4 weeks later...

They're with the UFO that the government is hiding at Area 51. Along with Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa.

But enough with the sarcasem. Seriously the bones could have been washed away; or perhaps eaten by another animal. It would be interesting to check whither there was any sign of trauma around the shoulder blade area, as seeing that could dig up some clues.