Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Crop Circle Predict Solar Storms?

Nxt2Hvn

user posted image

The NASA website says: "Imagine you're in California. It's July, the middle of summer. The sun rises early; bright rays warm the ground. It's a great day to be outside. Then, suddenly, it begins to snow--not just a little flurry, but a swirling blizzard that doesn't stop for two weeks." According to solar physicist David Hathaway, "Something like that just happened on the sun." Was this predicted by a mysterious crop circle?

A crop circle laid down in 1995 displayed the positions of the planets as they would be on September 6, 2003. As a result, crop circle watchers waited eagerly for that date, which apparently came and went without incident.

But now we've learned that a blast of active particles from an explosion on a distant star moved through our solar system at about that time. Subsequently, the sun has entered the most unusual period of activity ever recorded, with by far the largest solar flare ever seen, and almost continuous bombardment of earth with various types of solar radiation. Could this be a contributing factor?

"Mild is just what we expect at this point in the 11-year solar cycle," says Hathaway. "The most recent maximum was in 2001, and solar activity has been declining ever since." But in October, strange things began happening. Three giant sunspots appeared, each larger than the planet Jupiter. One of them, sunspot 486, was the largest in 13 years. Astronauts and some people in airplanes received radiation doses equal to a chest x-ray.

The European Union's Beagle spacecraft, which is scheduled to land on Mars on Christmas day, had its navigational equipment temporarily knocked out. Fortunately, the Beagle 2 lander was unaffected. Mark Sims, at ESA's mission control, says, "The Beagle 2 is designed to be radiation hard." Two years after a solar maximum, why is the sun going haywire? Hathway says that, despite appearances, we're still headed for a solar minimum, as part of the normal sun cycle. "There's a curious tendency for the biggest flares to occur after solar maximum—on the downslope toward solar minimum. This has happened during two of the last three solar cycles," he says.

But he admits that, "It's hard to be sure what's normal and what's not. Astronomers have been observing x-rays from the sun for only 35 years—or three solar cycles. We can't draw good statistical conclusions from so few data."

The most recent sunspots, including 486, are now on the far side of the sun, facing away from us, so they're no longer affecting us, but Hathaway says, "We suspect they're still active." Subscribers got to hear Dr. Paul LaViolette explain what’s going on with the Sun—now everyone can read about it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Xenojjin

• pappagooch

• Kryso

• Nxt2Hvn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm... this could either be a prank with a luck coincidence or an actual real crop circle . I personnaly have had mixed fealings about crop circles since it is possible to make one by some simple planning and just a board tied together with ropes . I have always thought that it doesn't make sense that aliens from outer space would attempt to communicate to us by means of drawing random geometric shapes in our crop feilds , it really doesn't seem like the most logical course of communication . But this made me thing otherwise ... perhaps we are being warned of a catastrophic event by a superior intellegence and we are just to skeptical to see it .

Crop circles have always intrigued me. But it seems like a lot of trouble to go through by the aliens, just to get our attention! Why not just land in Time Square, and be done with it?

Hasnt anybody ever entertained the thought, crop circles are made with some sort of light beams, etc, from sattelite technology, certainly not from the ground, buzzing lights have been seen and heard in the vacinity of crop circles, if intelligent alien life wanted our attention, Im sure crop circles wouldnt be their first interaction with us. alien.gif and I apologize if this subject has been covered, lol, Im a newbie. thumbsup.gif

Ahhh yes kerry. An admirable thought entertainment.

I wonder if anyone ever indugled in the idea that crop circles were placed by crazed giants armed only with plungers of various sizes.

I have seen the video files that show lights and they are quite interesting . Look closer and you will notice they are birds out of focus since the video tape is so crappy . I'm not saying they are all birds , but i have seen some crop circle tapes that were so obviously birds it was sad .

Despite it I believe in alien.gif 's strongly

I think it is the Celtic Green Man who is creating all these crop circles, he is the culpret lets get him!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

post-52-1069320107.jpg