Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Loch Ness Monster

thefirstman

I come from Scotland and personally do believe in the Loch Ness Monster.It cant be only a myth,even if it does not survive today,it has lived before.But there were theories that there was more than one and they were breeding.There are point's to both arguments,but tell me wot u think,about Nessie,real or not?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bright Eyes

• thefirstman

• Monster-Finder

• Xenojjin

I believe in Nessie, even though there has been evidence proved to be people having a joke, the legend has been around for so long that surely not all of them could be hoaxes. And the people that are out to prove that Nessie doesn't exist I feel so sorry for and really pity that they feel the need to destroy people's hopes and dreams.

I think there has to be more than one, it only seems logical as a single creature couldn't survive forever. Who knows what lies in that loch?

I strongly believe in not just the existence of Nessie,but other several plesiosaurs that are still out there (Ogopogo,Champ etc....).One way or another,there is a connection between them. thumbsup.gif

There's probably no monster. After all the investigations, continuous observations and everyinth, if there was something (and of course that holds even more if they were a complete finally). Anyway pretending there's are real monster helps the surrounding villages' economy. And in the end, nowadays, it seems that often economy is more important than truth.

There's a big possibility there a few caverns deep inside the lake so maybe Nessie's lair could well be beyond those caverns.I dunno about the sonar stuff,but I don't really think we could send some machinery or gadget like thingies really deep down there as the water pressure's sure to turn it into titbits.Moreover it,I bet Nessie's not that free to do its rounds at the lake everyday for those researchers to catch any prove of its existence.Or maybe.....cover-up?(Not again rolleyes.gif )Because it has a connection to some other 'unwanted attention' stuff according to sources.

Edited by Engulf

There's probably no monster. After all the investigations, continuous observations and everyinth, if there was something (and of course that holds even more if they were a complete finally). Anyway pretending there's are real monster helps the surrounding villages' economy. And in the end, nowadays, it seems that often economy is more important than truth.

original.gif Nessie is paranormal, and if you drained the entire Loch, they would

find no body.

But it does appear, and I have filmed it in 16mm, in 1983, and had my expedition

assistant take 8 35mm stills in 1987.

It is there, just not as full-time f&b...

see http://www.beckjord.com/nessie thumbsup.gif

Wow, MF, do you do this as a job or hobby? Have you seen anything since 1983? I always look when I visit Loch Ness but have never been lucky enough as yet. It's never made me think that there is nothing there though. I always get this really strong feeling inside, in my gut, when I'm there because I believe that so passionately.

There are so many caves around the loch, so I agree that they probably wouldn't find anything if they drained the loch, as I doubt the monster would stick around to be found but hide out. How many deep dark caverns do you think there must be in all? And would anyone really want to go through to the very depths in search? I know I'd rather leave him in peace!

i would suggest everyone leave him alone,because let's face it,who want's to p***off a huge,prehistoric dinosaur???there has been proof that Plesiosaur's did live there at one time,so why not now.I am also a very passionate believer in The Loch Ness monster,mainly the reason why i started this topic.but if we ever find out it exist's for real,or capture it.it will remove all the magic from the lake,they should leave it in peace,and let believing minds do the work,not scientists trtying to capture it.

I personnaly believe the loch ness monster is all just a big hoax to attract tourism . Their is absolutely no real proof the creature exists when it comes down to it . On top of that , they did a scanner sweep with boats a long time ago and what did they find ? Nothing .

On top of that they did an experiment to explain how sightings occur with normal adult people as the subject . The scientist organized a hike of some sort . The subjects did not know they were part of an experiment , just a nature walk through the loch ness and nothing more . On the way they had the people stop for a rest , here is where the experiment comes in : The scientists brought them to a spot where they had a pole tied to a rope in the water . The rope was a wire so they couldn't see it , and their was nothing special about the pole . they pulled the pole up in front of everyone and pulled it down too quickly for them to catch a quick photo ( except for the leader of the hike , who was of course in on it and knew the excact time the pole would be pulled up ) . Once the hike was over everyone was asked to make a drawing of what they saw , and everyone subconsiously added a head to the drawing of the pole , even though it was just a pole . Everyone honestly believed they saw the lochness monster untill they were explained to on how they where just part of an experiment .

This just goes to show how often people see what they want to see other then what is actually there .

It may be the main attraction now, but the story of Nessie originated long before it grew on such an enormous scale so it can't be just to attract the tourists.

You may be partially right about that , it was probobly kept alive as a reality to attract tourists . All the evidence points to the lochness monster not existing .

Don't destroy my dreams! grin2.gif I still believe, even with all the supposed evidence that says otherwise. There is also a lot of evidence that does the opposite.

original.gif

Could you suggest some of the evidence that suggest's it does not live today Xeno,i find this interestuing to hear the main point's of a Believer and Non-Believer.

thefirstman

Could you suggest some of the evidence that suggest's it does not live today Xeno,i find this interestuing to hear the main point's of a Believer and Non-Believer.

I quote myself

, they did a scanner sweep with boats a long time ago and what did they find ? Nothing .

On top of that they did an experiment to explain how sightings occur with normal adult people as the subject . The scientist organized a hike of some sort . The subjects did not know they were part of an experiment , just a nature walk through the loch ness and nothing more . On the way they had the people stop for a rest , here is where the experiment comes in : The scientists brought them to a spot where they had a pole tied to a rope in the water . The rope was a wire so they couldn't see it , and their was nothing special about the pole . they pulled the pole up in front of everyone and pulled it down too quickly for them to catch a quick photo ( except for the leader of the hike , who was of course in on it and knew the excact time the pole would be pulled up ) . Once the hike was over everyone was asked to make a drawing of what they saw , and everyone subconsiously added a head to the drawing of the pole , even though it was just a pole . Everyone honestly believed they saw the lochness monster untill they were explained to on how they where just part of an experiment .

a scanner sweep finding absolutely nothing that covered all parts of the lake and a pssychological experiment showing people see what they want too . What more do you need ? huh.gif

It is impossible to scan all parrts of the Lake i quote Engulf

There's a big possibility there a few caverns deep inside the lake so maybe Nessie's lair could well be beyond those caverns.I dunno about the sonar stuff,but I don't really think we could send some machinery or gadget like thingies really deep down there as the water pressure's sure to turn it into titbits.Moreover it,I bet Nessie's not that free to do its rounds at the lake everyday for those researchers to catch any prove of its existence.

see there is no way you could scan the cavern's and the pressure down there is unbearable.

You beat me to it FM, I'd written in an earlier post also that if you drained the loch you wouldn't find anything as Nessie wouldn't wait around but hide in one of the deep caves.

So that really isn't reliable evidence of the non-existence of Nessie.

YAY! grin2.gif

their have been multiple scannings , and although their are caverns it is unlikely that each scan would come up as nothing . Some activity should have been recorded . What really needs to be done is a night time scan , that would definitly make the scans more accurate since some sea creatures come out at night . But beyond that the only evidence is just sightings , and as the experiment I listed above shows the siightings just cant be trusted . It really is just a myth that has been kept alive and only supported by ideas that it can be a dinosaur along with eyewitness .

Im not doubting that it could exist , I just dont think the chances are that high at all to warrent belief .

I think that the common view of the Loch Ness 'Monster', as a Plesiosaur or other survivor of the age of the Dinosaurs is next to impossible. I'm open to the idea that there is something in the Loch that shouldn't be there, but I personally don't think we're going to find a live Plesiosaur in Loch Ness.

To begin with, Loch Ness itself only formed during the last ice age, a few thousand years ago, which puts to rest any theories of a dinosaur being frozen/trapped there etc.

Secondly, a Plesiosaur is an air breathing animal, meaning it would need to come to the surface for air every few minutes. A single member of a species cannot live for millions of years, so a viable population of them would be necessary. Since no forest of necks can be seen protruding from the Loch at all times, I find it doubtful that any such animals are living there. Finally the idea of the creature(s) living in underwater caves is probably also false. A recent study of the Loch indicated that the type of rock from which the sides of the Loch are composed, is too hard for caves to have formed.

There could well be something unusual in the Loch, but I do not believe that there are any Dinosaur survivers in there.

I can see where you're coming from SaRuMaN, because of the descriptions of sightings made by people, they related it to the Plesiosaur, but it could be something else.

I just love the whole story surrounding Nessie and the mystery, it makes Loch Ness seem full of magic.

Way to ruin my hope's and drems.I believe that there is something there,and i will let no one else inject information which suggests otherewise tongue.gif lol.ok my bad.you do have a good point Saruman,but i like to believe that there is something there,and the magick of it all.it's fun to say the least to go there,iv been lots of times,been a while since the last but i love it and could think of nowherwe else i would want to be

Don't get me wrong, I live a couple of miles from Loch Ness and I love the idea that there is something mysterious lurking in the depths - I'm just not convinced that we're going to find a live Plesiosaur in there.

thumbsup.gif

Fair enough,maybe not a Plesiosaur,but maybe something.i love the idea.Wot about the flipper photo that was taken yearrs ago,i dont know the story behind it or if the photo is genuine but apparantley it was taken before a man died,or was that just in the film?

Wot about the flipper photo that was taken yearrs ago,i dont know the story behind it or if the photo is genuine but apparantley it was taken before a man died,or was that just in the film?

Here's the photograph :

post-9-1069016010.jpg

w00t.gif

OK, let me make it clear. I am a major field worker at the Loch, and have had 6 expeditons.

1) there are no "caves" for Nessie hide in.

2) the Loch is not connectred to the sea by "underground caves" (or it woul;d drain)

3) Nessie lives, but not in the form of an F&B prehistoric, or modern reptile or

slug or fish,etc,etc,etc,etc!

4) It manifests as a temporary being, is seen, makes waves, then disappears.

5) It is paranormal, which many Loch residents cannot grasp, since they think that means it is a ghost with a sheet that says "Boo!". It is not that, it is a shapeshifter

and well could become a black panther on shorre, or the Grey Man of Ben McDui,

or Bigfoot as has been seen in teh forests nearby.

6) So -- Nessie is alive and well, and could very well be YOU! (As you sleep)

http://www.beckjord.com/nessie

whistling2.gifdevil.gifthumbsup.gif