Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nephilim1

Sydneys Luna Park

3 posts in this topic

-If I've learnt anything from staying up late, back in the late '60s by watching: "The Twilight Zone" & "The Outer Limits", it's that SideShows, Carnivals, Circuses...are always Bad news, Karmicaly! I visited Sydneys Luna Park, back when I was a boy & had a strange experience, similiar to Tom Hanks character, in "Big". In Coney Island, there was a Gypsy Fortune Teller Booth, one: "Madame Zolar". I put My 10c in, & She turned Her head away, pulled out a card & dropped it into the tray. I always remember, what My "Fortune" said: "Shortly, You will meet someone who will change the course of Your life" & indeed I did, in High school, I met up with a "Kiwi"(White New Zealander) fellow who was into Spiritualism & later became a "Guru" to many Teenagers in Sydney in the 1970s. And much like Tom Hanks character, I too, "grew up", almost overnight(Psychologically speaking) I went back into Coney Island, later that same day, looking for a lost cousin & noticed that the Gypsy's head was spinning around(like Regan!)& that Fortune cards were scattered, everywhere inside & outside the Booth! I only just returned to Luna Park, a year ago after several decades, absence. Hoping to find "Madame Zolar" there & get another Fortune from Her. Alas, She'd long since disappeared, although there was a more modern Fortune Telling "Wizard" Booth. I took several Digital Camera photos, of inside Coney Island, that day, a year ago & noticed, several "Orbs" floating around in the photographs. Of course, I'm not surprised, with the History of Luna Park & all! On April 16th 1979, 13 people were hurt when the "Big Dipper" RollerCoaster malfunctioned. But, on June 09th in that same year, the famous "Ghost Train" Fire, occured, killing one Adult Male & 6 boys. In March of 1988, Sydneys "The Sun' Newspaper printed it's last ever Edition & the Front page featured an article: "Occult Link to Luna Park/Ghost Train fire". A Mother of one of the boys, killed in the fire, had submitted a photograph, taken at Circular Quay, where the Ferries take Passengers to Luna Park, on Lavender Bay. Her Son was standing next to a bizarre character, dressed in weird get up, with a Mask over his face & a Horned Headdress, his arm around the boy. This was just before they boarded the Ferry to journey over to Luna Park, on that fateful night. Mention was made of There having been a Full Moon, on the night of the fire & of "Bikies", for some obscure reason? But, the Mother firmly believed that a Sinister aspect had contributed to the cause of the fire. Spiritualists believe, that the deaths of children, creates a strong regenerative Energy

where the deaths, took place. I did have, once, a copy of the last Edition of "The Sun" featuring that eerie Horned character on the front page. Far as I know, there is still no proper Memorial to the victims of the Ghost Train fire, a small plaque, I believe, in a nearby office, but not on the site. Obviously, the M/ment don't want anything detracting from the famous Catch-cry: "Luna Park-just for Fun!" There had been 7 Luna Parks, in Australia, but only 2 exist now. Ironically, Melbourne's Lunar Park "Moon face" is the more "Evil" looking!

Nephilim1

Interesting. Now I want to go. Thanks for sharing the story, Nephilim. :D

Interesting. Now I want to go. Thanks for sharing the story, Nephilim. :D

-just after I finished typing the story,on this Site, I watched an Episode of "Family Guy" where "Stewie" approaches the "Zoltan Speaks" FT Booth out of "Big" & asks it to become Big, himself. The FT Card comes out & says: "I want to be able to weigh people"!!!

But, then, I'm used to "Syncronicity" happening to Me, several times, on a daily basis!

Nephilim1