Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Here's the final list of band names

thefirstman

Whats the best band name?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the best band name?

• Going Postal
    • Escape From Noise
    • Groping For Grace
    • Zygote
    • Special Ed

This is the bands final list of names,one of these will become our name.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thefirstman

• seeking

• gollum

• moe eubleck

all i have to say is that if you chose a name that you and your band did not come up with then how can you consider your self an artist, no disrespect, but bands need to come up with lyrics and beats, if you cant even come up with your own name, a name that should represent the band, then thats bad, only the band could possibly know what represents them, not faceless people on an internet forum, just my .02

These are our own band names doofus tongue.gif We just wanted a public insight to see what was popular.thanx for voting folks thumbsup.gif

all i have to say is that if you chose a name that you and your band did not come up with then how can you consider your self an artist, no disrespect, but bands need to come up with lyrics and beats, if you cant even come up with your own name, a name that should represent the band, then thats bad, only the band could possibly know what represents them, not faceless people on an internet forum, just my .02

well now, thats not very nice. especially coming from one who only uses commas for punctuation. Here are some tips for that. You wouldnt want to be a run-on sentence criminal now would you?

1. We can replace the comma with a semi-colon.

2. We can replace the comma with a co-ordinating conjunction (and, but, or, for, yet, nor, or so).

3. We can replace the comma with a subordinating conjunction (e.g., after, although, before, unless, as, because, even though, if, since, until, when, while).

Hope that helps. And Keep up the flattering comments as they are quite amusing. thumbsup.gif

Moe,

your not my old english teacher are you?

(Mrs Venus, commonly known by students as 'The V.E.T.' Venus English Teacher)

I note your <- says 'male' but as no-one has actually admitted physical confirmation that Mrs Venus was a 'Mrs' (if you get my meaning) and it could go either way on the looks department, so I was just wondering.

No way do I mean you are effeminate or remotely woman like, but The V.E.T. was very manly. wacko.gif

K? sad.gif

Escape from noise thumbsup.gif

These are our own band names doofus tongue.gif We just wanted a public insight to see what was popular.thanx for voting folks thumbsup.gif

ok, but still to the fact, you should decide on your own name if you can come up with it on your own, why do you need people to choose one for you, even if you did come up with it on your own? are you going to ask people what verse you should use as well because it may be more popular?

----

and i fail to see the connection between me expressing my opinion on something and punctuation

Listen Seeking carefully....we wanted a public insight to what the public thought of all the name's,we were still going to choose our own,we weren't doing this so you guy's could choose for us,that would just be plain dumb.

and i fail to see the connection between me expressing my opinion on something and punctuation

Well you being of a lower intellectual capacity than the rest of us,i shall explain.Your lack of punctuation make's it harder for others to read,therefore making it more difficult for others to get your point.Simple as that.

not faceless people on an internet forum

I consider these "faceless"people as you call them,to be very nice,sophisticated fellow's worthy of everybody's trust,i ask you not to insult them,and/or me.

Moe,

your not my old english teacher are you?

Mystic Mog,

My majors are in Early childhood education and child psychology. None of them are completed majors so I dont see how I could have been your teacher. Maybe if I move to England someday I will be your children's teacher. In the unlikey event that that does happen, I will be sure to teach them about run-on sentences. And just for you, I will attempt to keep my gender a mystery to them as well.

Not only did you fail to see the connection, but you also failed to make the correction. You are still using run on sentances.

Ernest Hemingway used the run on sentance rather sucessfully to express his opinions. But comparing you to Hemingway, seeking, would be like comparing Tupac Shakur to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

here, here. (sorry for the comma, moe!)

Golam, no need to apologize, your use, of the, comma, is appropriate, I just have, an errk , for overly judgemental people, like , seeking, who make insensitive remarks about others, with no basis , other than assumption.

Cheers Golam! thumbsup.gif

Ernest Hemingway used the run on sentance rather sucessfully to express his opinions. But comparing you to Hemingway, seeking, would be like comparing Tupac Shakur to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifthumbsup.gif

For thefirstman:

I like the name special ed sounds like a punk rock band name.

alien.gifalien.gifalien.gif

hahaha, too funny, everyone including your self was able to understand what i was saying, allthough you dont quite understand the concept of being an artist quite yet, im sure with time you will, hahahaha, take it from a fellow artist, success comes within the form of originality, oh and wether you like it or not everyone here is faceless to you, you will never meet them, and the chances of them even hearing your music is slim, thats just the truth, that doesnt mean i dont respect them and thier opinions thumbsup.gif

good luck with your future in music

I don't see the harm in asking others for band name suggestions. I had a hard enough time thinking of an original name for my old band. You always want the right one, so asking the public isn't such a bad idea. Success comes in all forms no matter what the smaller details are. Hopefully they write their own songs. tongue.gif

Everyone has to start somewhere!

And getting the general publics views on a name is a great idea. We will be the ones buying the records, and if the majority pick the name, is most likely to be one most would warm too!

And how can anyone say that thefirstmans band will not be hugely successful? I bet people use to say that about the Beatles and Elvis.

I wish them all the luck in the world… follow your dreams - live your dreams, then no one can say you didn’t give it 100%… You make you future, nobody else! Believe in yourself, and everything else will fall into place.

I always wanted to be a writer, I never gave up, and now I’m about to become published and have my book in thousands of stores across America, Canada, and Europe!

Once again, good luck thefirstman, I hope we will be hearing a lot more about you in the future. And who knows, we might be able to brag that we help choice your bands name! thumbsup.gif

hahaha, too funny, everyone including your self was able to understand what i was saying, allthough you dont quite understand the concept of being an artist quite yet, im sure with time you will, hahahaha, take it from a fellow artist, success comes within the form of originality, oh and wether you like it or not everyone here is faceless to you, you will never meet them, and the chances of them even hearing your music is slim, thats just the truth, that doesnt mean i dont respect them and thier opinions 

Eat some fiber, Seeking. You're too damn cranky. tongue.gif

Ha!!! Special Ed. I love it!!!

Went for Special Ed,since the others are not too fitting,I'd still prefer The Barking Cats though grin2.gif .Either way goes,best of luck thefirstman!!! thumbsup.gifgrin2.gif

To seeking,

blink.gif Are you......alright??You sound like you just failed to make a name for yourself in the muziq scene or something.Beam me up. wacko.gif