Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Half-Animal' Woman Is Discovered

Iilaa'mpuul'xem

A woman who disappeared in the jungles of northeastern Cambodia as a child has apparently been found after living in the wild for 19 years, police said Thursday.

The woman — believed to be Rochom P'ngieng, now 27 years old — cannot speak any intelligible language, so details of her saga have been difficult to confirm.

"She is like half-human and half-animal," said Mao San, police chief of Oyadao district in Rattanakiri province. "She's weird. She sleeps during the day and stays up at night."

The father of Rochom P'ngieng, a member of the Pnong ethnic minority, said he recognized his daughter by a scar on her back and her facial features, according to Mao San. The father is a village policeman named Sal Lou.

Rochom P'ngieng, then 8 years old, disappeared one day in 1988 when she was herding buffalo in a remote northeastern jungle area, said Chea Bunthoeun, a deputy provincial police chief.

She was discovered this month after a villager noticed that food disappeared from a lunch box he left at a site near his farm.

"He decided to stake out the area and then spotted a naked human being, who looked like a jungle person, sneaking in to steal his rice," said Chea Bunthoeun.

The villager gathered some friends and the group managed to catch the woman on Jan. 13.

"Her parents had already lost hope of finding her since she went missing for so many years. The father cried and hugged her when he met his daughter," Chea Bunthoeun said.

Since being found, the woman has had difficulty adjusting to normal life, apparently because of her long stay in the wild, said Mao San.

Authorities want medical experts to take DNA samples from the parents and the woman to see if they match. The woman's parents have given verbal consent for such a test, he said.

Source

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• receivingendofsirens

• Michelle

• Iilaa'mpuul'xem

• _Nyx_

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"She's weird. She sleeps during the day and stays up at night."

People say this about me all the time :ph34r:

That's amazing she'd been found after so long...

visual :blink: guiness world record for amount of body hair on a woman

eww.....gives me chills

Edited by receivingendofsirens

Me too, _Nyx_... :P

It's amazing children that young can survive in the wild when most adults can't.

visual :blink: guiness world record for amount of body hair on a woman

eww.....gives me chills

In some countries including the "deep jungles of northeastern Cambodia" this is considered sexy... *cringes as I write this*

In some countries including the "deep jungles of northeastern Cambodia" this is considered sexy... *cringes as I write this*

wait was it paris hilton in the simple life: cambodia?

:lol: Men with hair on their backs isn't exactly my cup of tea either.

This has happened various times before, from around the world. In fact a children's book was based after on acount in India, and it was the Jungle Book.

and they made a movie with jodie foster called nell too...

man she was hot back in the day. furry legs and all rawr :rolleyes:

Thats weird, since she was eight when she went missing seems she still would know how to talk, I have read about farel children its sad because it seems there is a certin window of time in which you learn language and other things. these poeple never really are able to become a functional members of society.