Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

planet x

Ghostboo

i recently read about a new planet in our solar system:planet x.people say that it will be the end of us.it will stop earth's rotation for exactly 3 days and cause immense heat on one side and freezing cold on the other.it is also believed that there are people living on it.the ones responsible for our evolution:the Sumarions.it is very interesting indeed that we will probably soon meet them.planet x revolves around the sun the opposite way of us,and goes inside of the orbits of earth and mars every 3,600 years.

Ghostboo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Kismit

• cerberus

• Magikman

:s2 Good one Ghostboo :s2

Now I have a joke for you: What do you get when you cross a Ghostboo with Zecharia Sitchin?

??? ??? ok Homer I'll ask  :P

CW,

I don't know if Zecharia Sitchin first brought up the ridiculous notion of Planet X, also known as Nibiru, but he is probably the biggest backer of that theory. He even wrote a book called The Earth Chronicles backing this theory. To be honest, by definition it's not even a theory. It's just somebody's idea.

There are many articles that talk about him and his silly ideas. HERE IS ONE ARTICLE

An excerpt from that article: "Mr. Sitchen believes that we are not alone in the universe. Going back over half a million a years the planet has been visited by UFO's and aliens who come here every 3,600 hundred years, from a place called Nibiru. These entities were not reptilian in nature, but were humanoid, genetically altering the hominid race that existed on the planet at that time, to look like them, think like them, and to learn from them. ."

ahhhh SO what ur saying is that they could be the same person :s2

No kidding honestly, they believe the same thing, both got a screw loose?

No Boo, there isn't any truth to what you've read. Here's a link to a thread I started about a year ago, it takes Sitchin to task for building a premise on half-truths, misinterpretated data and outright lies. Click on the link if you would like to learn more;

CLICK HERE

There are several other links included in my original post that you can follow that will give you more information.

Magikman  :)

i did hear on TV once that there was a 10 planet in our solar system. They said it was a 'black planet' and it was bigger then Jupiter! :s01

i wasn't really paying any attention to the show - i was half asleep so that's all i heard.

There are many astronomers who believe in the possibility of a tenth planet past Pluto. The evidence is the odd orbit Pluto has around the Sun. Some astronomers believe that this could be caused by a very large planet a considerable distance past Pluto. This large planet would exert enough gravitational pull on Pluto to cause the odd orbit, as well as being so far out in space that it would be hard to detect it without knowing roughly where it's at.

you people have the best ways to insult me.if i were any more annoyed,i'd think you all hated me.but i couldn't think that.no,i couldn't think that on a bunch of insult machines.

the one that you all hate,Ghostboo

Ghostboo,

I didn't insult you. You posted a joke, which to me was very funny. Then I told you a joke, which you still haven't answered yet....unless, of course, you were serious...

Re-read the post you wrote. For one thing, the idea of Planet X is just pseudo-science. There is no evidence to support this, which is why I said that by definition it's not even a theory. One can't have a theory without at least some evidence to support the theory. You posted someone elses ludicrious idea, Ghostboo. If you believe it, then explain why. What evidence do you have to support this belief?

Even the article Althalus posted to the forum HERE isn't true. There was never a tenth planet(that we know of)in our solar system. The only exception is the possibility I mentioned previously. But since Althalus had his source directly from an article on a website, we could chose to either believe it or not believe it. You provided no source, so we went after you, so to speak.

Mr-X,

The website was well written, but gave us nothing new. It's still filled with the same pseudo-scientific psycho-babble that all the other Zecharia Sitchin based sites are filled with. This one even credits Zecharia Sitchin.

Anyone can think what they want, but to form a more educated opinion about something, you need to be informed of the facts. Magik posted a link to a discussion we had last year that discredited Zecharia Sitchin's alleged theory. In that discussion Magik linked other websites(they are still current) that discredit Zecharia Sitchin and his Nibiru theory.

That theory has far too many holes scientifically as well. The originator of that theory has no understanding of gravity and the gravitational affects of orbiting planets around suns.

My two cents

One can't have a theory without at least some evidence to support the theory.

that's a load of bull****. (sorry to sound so mean, but i'm not being mean - just being lazy and can't be bothered thinking of another word)

examples:

the guy who made "chariots of the gods" had no evidence to support his theory

heven and hell are based on theory and beliefs - no one can prove they exist or not.

einstein

when he made e=mc^2 theory he didn't have any proof to support until a few years later when the japanese experienced first hand

if i am wrong then please correct me.....

Dowdy,

Since you are wrong, I will correct you.

When someone thinks of an idea out of their head without anything else to go on, it's not a theory. A theory is based on limited knowledge. Even a conjecture or a guess, which can be considered a theory, is still based limited knowledge, even if it is nothing more than observation.

To your examples:

1) Chariots of the Gods was written by Erich Von Daniken. Really Dowdy, what's the difference between Zecharia Sitchin and Erich Von Daniken? Enough said on that.

2) Heaven and Hell. Neither have anything to do with theories. They're both based on belief, and belief alone. Whether it's religious in nature or not, theories aren't applicable on this.

3) Einsteins' E=MC^2. Of course he had no proof. Some would say there is no proof to this day, but that is irrelevant to the subject of theories. If what you wrote is a typo, and you meant he had no evidence to support his theory of E=MC^2, you are wrong there too. Einstein came up with the immortal E=MC^2 in 1907, which is his formula for his Special Theory of Relativity, but he published three papers in 1905 that was the foundation for his theories.

You have been corrected on all points, Dowdy.

I knew I had read something recently about the possibility of a 10th planet, here are two articles that mention a study of 'long-period' comets and their highly eliptical orbits, possibly affected by the gravitational wake of a planet with a mass of up to 10 Jupiters. Click on the links below for more information:

ARTICLE WITH REAL TIME VIDEO

ARTICLE

Magikman  :sg

Yup, that's what I was refering to previously. Although the article didn't mention it, the tenth planet(if it exists at all), could have a direct influence on Pluto's orbit, causing it to be so unusual. If the tenth planet doesn't exist, the Oort cloud is almost half the distance between our sun and other stars that "pass" by, which could/would cause disturbances in the Oort Cloud's highly eliptical orbit, as well as be the cause of the orbit itself

Uhm...

Hey guys, I think that I am misinterpeting something here... Look at this picture fro the site previous mentioned:

So, HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THEY COME UP TO 12 PLANETS, if Nbiru is really a planet? Since when are the Sun and our moon a planet ???

Odin S. :s9

Good point Odin. They clearly missed out the Asteroid Belt by accident, so I count 13 planets.  :s6  ;D

Right Tommy, I mean if they are going to count the Sun, which is a giant ball of flaming gas, as a planet, why not include the asteroid belt as well ;D

I notice that one of those articles is dated Oct '99 - it's a shame that no further news has come forth since then.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I found this thread interesting to say the least.

With reference to the sun and moon being counted as planets, well......this is what the ancient Babylonians thought and subsequently the Greeks adopted this as well. The word planet comes from the ancient Greek "Planeiti" which means wanderer. Since the sun and moon traversed the sky they were counted as planets.

I always find the number twelve fascinating eg :

Jesus & the 12 apostles

King Arthur and twelve knights of the round table (at one stage)

12 astrological signs

12 Gods of several pantheons included Roman Greek, Viking.

Does anyone know the signifigance of this number in mythological stories and folklore?

(Please note that I am counting the Jesus & apostles as folklore) :sg

..the signifigance of this number in mythological stories and folklore, no, but  I found this.

LINK

"...From where did the extra-terrestrials come? According to the Zecharia Sitchin, they came from a twelfth planet within our solar system.  :sf  He points to the importance put on the number twelve through out history. There were twelve high Sumer gods, and twelve gods of Mount Olympus. In the Bible, Joseph compares himself and his brothers to twelve celestial bodies. We have twelve months of the year, and some of our math systems continue to follow the Sumerian use of the numbers 60 and 12. (Doesn't it seem strange that we have 60 minutes in an hour, and not a hundred? Or that our day is 24 hours, not 20?)"

Only more Sitchin babble I'm afraid; however it appears to be vaguely relevant, which is unusual.  :P

• 3 weeks later...

i read something on here today that i thought was funny.its the existance of the planet Ummo.apparently, they came here in 1950.and they left 6 alien 'humanoids' in france.they contacted this certain person who was spanish.Still with me?? :sn they are called Ummites.That Ummites, everyone.Personally, i am an Ummite.I like marmite and did you know we invented Um-bongo??? Mars is crap at Ummite soccer.Ummites Utd 2001 league champs.Meet my Ummite friends...... Atsis Bareilus,  Gawaliom Pateb, Plopsieik Kolisiw and Umgungamang Bariarialikiop.Many of your famous heroes are Ummite... like Davidiwerdsy Hasselhoffrendersd.Contact my planet on www.icantbelievehumansaresodumb!.com.um                 nanu- nanu! and no i dont look like this.... :sc or this.. :sa i'm more... :so

It is a cult, actually, and is still in existance today. There was an article in a recent issue of the FORTEAN TIMES magazine. Here is a link to another article from the STRANGE Magazine web site that tells the UMMO story;

CLICK HERE

Magikman  :sg