Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Your Life Already Written?

FOAM

This is how I see it. It may be kind of confusing to some and hard to follow. Others may feel a light bulb kind of go on.

We have the freedom to choose in the moment so to speak, but our life can only follow one path. Therefore both sides are half-right.

Every choice you make in life is based on the consequences of that choice, your current thinking in life, your upbringing, etc.

You could not control the life you were put into i.e. your skill sets, your family, how your parents raised you.

The very first conscious choice you made in life is based off of the life you were born into (which you can't control)

The next choice you make is based off the conditions that arise as a result of that first choice.

And so on, and so on.

Each choice that you make, while you have an infinite amount of directions you can take, you will always only take the one direction

Because that is who you are.

So in the moment you have the ability to consciously choose

But in the grand scheme of things, you must choose to act a certain way, always, because you were born in such a way.

If you truly understand this concept, you will know because this notion will seem freeing as opposed to making you think life is pointless

It will make you understand that the point of life is just that, to live, and to soak up every instant of life that you are blessed with

This is pretty much hit the nail on the head for this one.

I don't believe it is.. Looking back at the hell I've suffered, always fighting to survive, and dying once I can't believe that my life is already written. If it is, I must've been hated by the author.

Yes, I think the universe and the cosmos have already predetermined your fate, when you die, and what choices you will take. Perhaps that means there is no real free will if everything has already been chosen for you then.

Do you believe that life is already written? I ran into a friend today who's religion is Hindu. He was telling me that he knows a Chief Priest (Astrologer) like a psychic. He told me something interesting. That he believed that there is a book about life in general. Life is already written and its in this book. So your life, my life is written in this book. What are your thoughts and views. Do you believe that your life is already written?

There are many futures with binary choices. It is written yet you choose which one should come to pass. Still there are those whose (WILL) can even change the writings but i personally don't recommend that.

Edited by C235

Do you believe that life is already written? I ran into a friend today who's religion is Hindu. He was telling me that he knows a Chief Priest (Astrologer) like a psychic. He told me something interesting. That he believed that there is a book about life in general. Life is already written and its in this book. So your life, my life is written in this book. What are your thoughts and views. Do you believe that your life is already written?

yes

in pencil.

At one point tomatoes were considered death apples because it's related to the nightshade family. One guy even made a living eating tomatoes in front of live audiences.

Well here is some part of the story anyway. The point being that if we just listen to status quo we would not be eating tomatoes. No pizza sauce, no spagettie sauce, no ketchup. OMG could you imagine a world without ketchup. What a travesty!!!

http://robie2.hubpag...to-Recipes-Tips

i always wondered who figured out tomatoes weren't poison. i thought maybe they fed them to prisoners or something and realized hey they aren't dying! heck they look healthy!

"I ask people to prove scientifically that we do not have free will. If they can't we have our answer." - Atheistgod

Here's your links to articles in journals about the future being predestined or preordained.

Could It Be? Spooky Experiments That 'See' The Future

by ROBERT KRULWICH

January 04, 201111:10 AM

Later today you are going to do something, something you don't know about yet. Yet somehow, it's already happened. Somehow, it's already affected you.

-----------------------------

Have Scientists Finally Discovered Evidence for Psychic Phenomena?

New studies show people can anticipate future events.

Published on October 11, 2010 by Melissa Burkley, Ph.D. in The Social Thinker

http://www.psycholog...ychic-phenomena

--------------------------------------------------

Is this evidence that we can see the future?

Extraordinary claims don't come much more extraordinary than this: events that haven't yet happened can influence our behaviour.

Parapsychologists have made outlandish claims about precognition – knowledge of unpredictable future events – for years. But the fringe phenomenon is about to get a mainstream airing: a paper providing evidence for its existence has been accepted for publication by the leading social psychology journal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Precognition Real? Cornell University Lab Releases Powerful New Evidence that the Human Mind can Perceive the Future

By: Ben Goertzel

Published: November 4, 2010

According to today’s conventional scientific wisdom, time flows strictly forward — from the past to the future through the present. We can remember the past, and we can predict the future based on the past (albeit imperfectly) — but we can’t perceive the future.

But if the recent data from the lab of Prof. Daryl Bem at Cornell University is correct, conventional scientific wisdom may need some corrections on this particular point.

http://hplusmagazine...uman-mind-can-/

-----------------------------------------

Can This Black Box See Into the Future?

February 11, 2005

DEEP in the basement of a dusty university library in Edinburgh lies a small black box, roughly the size of two cigarette packets side by side, that churns out random numbers in an endless stream.

At first glance it is an unremarkable piece of equipment. Encased in metal, it contains at its heart a microchip no more complex than the ones found in modern pocket calculators.

But, according to a growing band of top scientists, this box has quite extraordinary powers. It is, they claim, the ‘eye’ of a machine that appears capable of peering into the future and predicting major world events.via.pngredOrbit (http://s.tt/14xgD)

http://www.redorbit....nto_the_future/

In control? Think again. Our ideas of brain and human nature are myths

The notion of individual autonomy underpins our society, yet new research suggests this guiding principle is an illusion

It was browsing in a bookshop that got me started. I was confronted by a bank of bestsellers on the brain: how it works and how we think. There were the books which have attracted huge attention, such as Nudge andBlink, but there were others popularising the new insights of a range of academic disciplines – social sciences such as evolutionary psychology as well as neuroscience – which are radically challenging the most fundamental assumptions on which human beings operate.

http://www.guardian....ociety-politics

Edited by Artaxerxes

I do not believe that my life is already pre-dtermined. I always believe that we make our own destiny and if in case there is such a book and that someone already wrote my life story, I still believe that everything can be changed.

If we are to look at this question with Russell's Teapot analogy then we cannot be 100% confident that this isn't true, that our lives may be written already...but honestly? does any sane person believe that? I don't and if it were true, then everything done, both good and bad, right and wrong would be permitted because if our lives were written, then we'd follow a set path and any idea of free will would be gone and most importantly, peoples idea's of good and bad would be gone and subsequently, all 'justice' system too because we would not be accountable for our actions.

But who am I kidding, that would be hilarious craic. Could do anything I wanted knowing that it was not my fault...awesome. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I tend to view life as a "choose your own adventure" book. It's all written, aside from what path we can choose. All outcomes can exist, until we pick a page.

But hey, that's just me.

Kind of like "You are welcomed to adlib, but for the most part, stick to the script".

Here's a link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadi_astrology

Nadi Leaf readers operate at the level of astrologers as we know them. They provide a service, and get paid for this. They are not at the level of say Priests. In this location the leader. referred to as Guruji, is a Brahman Priest also, and that will provide some benefits later on. He is not present today. I am treated with special attention, I think because I am a tall Yankee, and as such a rather odd presence here. We are ushered into Guruji's clean, air conditioned, and very comfortable, small office. A man, probably a bit less than 40, who has trained for at least 10 years in providing this service begins my reading. Stacks of palm leaves are wrapped with string, book ended with strips of wood. These stacks are filed somewhere based on variations of thumb print designs. It can take up to 4 weeks to locate someone's Nadi Leaf. They find the stack pertaining to my thumb print within 45 minutes. Another roughly hour later we have paged thru 2 and a half bundles of leaves. There are identifiers on each leaf. "Your mother's name is Joyce." No. That leaf if put aside. "You have 2 children." No. That leaf is put aside. In that way we proceed until we arrive at my leaf.

http://www.centralma...Nadi_Leaves.htm

Edited by your_dark_passenger

I believe my life is already written, certain parts of it anyway. I dont know about yours though.

I shared something the other day here that was like a stain on my life. What I didnt share(although I have here before)is that I was warned about it beforehand. I had an visitor style experience when I was younger(I was around 18)and I met a being that I think of as God The Father(or as some call him Lam). People who are into Lam will not say that is The Father and people who are into God will call me blasphemer. He is like The Father of science/religion/silence. Anyway it's a long story and I've posted it before(its one of the only threads here I've ever made), so I'm not really going to write it in detail here.

Anyway I was told and shown many things that night and I was asked if I would like to be a father. I was happy and said yes and I was told I would have a son when I was older. I was also told my siblings(I have 3 of them) would have girls and I would have the only son. The main reason we spoke though was I was given a choice and a warning of something bad coming up in my life. He asked me to help Him and I could not really refuse, it would be like saying no to God in person(who would do that?). So I was told something very bad was coming up and that everyone would hate me. He didnt go into detail over what it was though but He said everyone would hate me and that I would have a hard life if I chose to help Him. So I couldve chosen not to and had a 'normal' life.

I chose to help Him and I was very happy knowing I would be a father when I was older.

Anyway years later my siblings started having children. My brother has four girls(lol poor bugger), my twin sister has two girls and my older sister has two girls but also a boy. And I had my son many years after this experience(when I was bout 25). So there was a boy born from my sister but he doesnt have my families last name. So to carry on the family name mine is the only son. Also when I was warned I was told to "remember it all works out in the end". It was like I was told to remember that to get through the hard time coming up where people will hate me and to really remember that saying to help me.

Annnnyway .. After that experience I was waiting for something bad to happen. I couldnt think what it would be that would make everyone hate me. I had lots of friends and I couldnt understand what would change that. Months later I had placed it in the back of my mind more and I wasnt waiting so much for the bad thing. But within the year(I forget exact dates) I was wrongfully charged with murder, I straight away remembered and knew this was the bad thing I was warned about. Everyone hated me and I used His saying to help get me through it. I knew I would be ok in the end but it was a very hard time in my life. I was into karma back then and found it very hard to live with. I felt I had to give my life for taking one but didnt suicide because I had made a promise to Him. I promised to look after my son(who was years away from being born yet). Anyway I drew His symbol, a blue downwards pointing triangle(like a water symbol)on the cell wall and I waited for freedom.

So I know this is not proof to anyone but it was/is proof to me. The timing and the experiences were so intense that I cant look at it as chance. So I've always felt my life has been planned to a certain degree. When I knew I was actually going to be a father, I had named my son before even the first ultrasound and finally quit using heroin because I had made a promise to Him. It's why I totally devote my life to my kid(I stayed home to always look after him) and imo my life is only for bringing him up(I'm a stay at home single dad with custody during the week days). So my main purpose is to teach/raise him. And I think I'm doing a good job at it. So I was told if I help Him I would recieve a gift(something else) but imo the gift is the son which I will always be thankful for.

Edited by Kazahel

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, definitely. I am deeply suspicious of free will and lean heavily towards fate and predestination.

The Education of the soul is too important to leave up to chance. I've got more links if this isn't enough to convince you. These journals aren't exactly the National Enquirer either. Reputable experiments done in major Universities. - Art

Could It Be? Spooky Experiments That 'See' The Future by ROBERT KRULWICH

January 04, 201111:10 AM

http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2011/01/04/132622672/could-it-be-spooky-experiments-that-see-the-future

Have Scientists Finally Discovered Evidence for Psychic Phenomena?

New studies show people can anticipate future events.

Published on October 11, 2010 by Melissa Burkley, Ph.D. in The Social Thinker

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-social-thinker/201010/have-scientists-finally-discovered-evidence-psychic-phenomena

Is Precognition Real? Cornell University Lab Releases Powerful New Evidence that the Human Mind can Perceive the Future

By: Ben Goertzel

Published: November 4, 2010

http://hplusmagazine.com/2010/11/04/precognition-real-cornell-university-lab-releases-powerful-new-evidence-human-mind-can-/

Can This Black Box See the Future?

http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/126649/can_this_black_box_see_into_the_future/

• 1 year later...

Bumping up a wonderful thread..

Not going to quote the rules at you, but as this is only your second post you should have a read.

This thread was started almost eight years ago, and the last post was almost two years ago!

Not going to quote the rules at you, but as this is only your second post you should have a read.

This thread was started almost eight years ago, and the last post was almost two years ago!

Went through the rules..

DId not notice anything about bumping a thread more than 8 years old whose last post was 2 years back..

I am aware of the fact about the date the thread was started.

I have something to add to this thread but not sure what to at the moment.

I also think this is a wonderful topic and a thread...

Is a pity to just let it die away..

Hi,

It is a nice topic. My perspective is that we have a Life Plan and free choice to find it, change/evolve it, or ignore it.

In my view, there is always a divine or energetic aspect of us working the plan by integrating our free choice actions with our long term potentials. You need to be awake and aware of those things to notice them.

John

• Like 1

I don't believe in anything like a book of life, although I have heard of a book or some fragments of an ancient script to be more precise, through which the people are able to draw an accurate horoscope of the life which also includes the date of death. This book is known as Bhrigu Shastra in northern India and only a handful of people are left wth this knowledge. But still I do not believe in this much as I have not witnessed anything like that.

Edited by Captain Sparrow

Is Your Life Already Written?

In a sense , but it is We who have wrote it - by our previous thoughts, & actions ( in past lives ). IMO

its the Holy Trinity of man , heaven and earth.

man who can control 30% which is his free will

heaven another 30% which gives him the date he's born and thus by observing the stars or zodiacs one can predict with 30% accuracy his future.

and lastly, earth which contributes 30% and is his family, friends and surroundings. And which some refer as karma.

• Like 1

If you sit and analyze it. The answer is actually No.

There's simply to many equations to take into consideration. As said at the start. Every simple little moment, every action in your life shapes what can, may, would or will happen in the immediate future. Thus the ripple effect with it added by your constant actions involvement is in a state of ever continuous change.

So if that was the case.. Every thought, every word every breath is already written.... Why? Whats the point? No. Its all to simplified. Yet the subject is anything but and never could be.

• 1 month later...

its the Holy Trinity of man , heaven and earth.

man who can control 30% which is his free will

heaven another 30% which gives him the date he's born and thus by observing the stars or zodiacs one can predict with 30% accuracy his future.

and lastly, earth which contributes 30% and is his family, friends and surroundings. And which some refer as karma.

Sort of.

free will is impossible as we are not in control of most of things.