Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Triangle ufo

Ryo Ohki

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• magnetar

• Alienated Being

• Ryo Ohki

• Jeremy Vaeni

I suspect the source of this video is a pc graphics workstation. Do you know how many similar videos he has made? Lots. And, they are never reported by independent sources, in his hometown- no news, no alternative sources, either. He is associated with another, highly untrustworthy source, as well. They just churn 'em out, like fake designer handbags.

This is perhaps a little more interesting-

I know what you mean.

I read somewhere that some video analysts were very interested about a diamond shaped ufo filmed in Japan or Hong Kong. This may or may not be that object, as I have never seen any pictures of the object.

I suspect the source of this video is a pc graphics workstation. Do you know how many similar videos he has made? Lots. And, they are never reported by independent sources, in his hometown- no news, no alternative sources, either. He is associated with another, highly untrustworthy source, as well. They just churn 'em out, like fake designer handbags.

While I can't rule out the possibility of a hoax, whatever was filmed was infact not added afterwards to the video. The tell tale sign of this is the shake you see when whoever filmed it zoomed up on it. This shake is attributable to natural human movement and very hard to reproduce successfully w/o custom software which is very costly. Whatever was on the video was shot during filming and the quality of the object also matches the rest of the video. This guy only has 3 videos on youtube one of which is a poker video and another is a 30 second clip which also shares many of the same qualities as the video posted.

Whoever filmed these videos really filmed something the only question is for me was what he filmed a UFO or simply a model suspended high up somewhere? This applies to both videos he has on youtube.

Look at this.

At 00:39 theres a flahing object that goes from right to left just below the object. What is that? Could it be a plane? It seems to be going fast though.

The hong Kong one is weird. Dunno if its a fake though. Its very orange. :blink:

Sonora Sightings website marketed their ufo videos, and the "Unplugged UFOs" by Dan Aykroyd, and probably the David Serada video.

Sonora Sightings website was also connected to Casebook UFO. Casebook advertised they had a marketing alliance with a few other websites. Although they did not state it was for the purpose of sales, the stuff I read was obvious. I forget the special name they had for the group. They advertised if someone had a similar venture, to contact BJ Booth.

Sonora Sightings had copius video clips on their website for about three years. Probably about twenty-odd examples.

Some were so creative as to show sparkling ionization effects, objects going behind trees (typical fx), etc. They also featured videos from a character called "Johnny Anonymous". He admitted to being a professional videographer, on the Casebook website.

If you do some simple extrapolations based on the traffic counter for the Casebook website (I think it used to be about 5000 new source hits per day), they receive beaucoup eyeballs, and a percentage may be to place orders for the things they sell. Between the various outfits that co-operated on this venture, they surely cleared some amount of profit.

Sonora Sightings website was run by Mark Olson. If memory serves, he billed himself as "Dr. Mark Olson". Sounds impressive. Except he was a doctor of divinity who performed civil wedding ceremonies, if that tells you anything. He recently sold his website, due to what he said were complicating health problems from diabetes.

http://www.hostcompanies.com/forums/websit...le.htm#post5394

Ii just found this tidbit-

The Sonora Sightings website was established by Dr. Mark A. Olson, who is also one of the founding members of UFORA along with Brian Vike, Kim Shaffer, and B J Booth.

This website was established to document the aerial phenomena currently manifesting over the skies of California.

Anomalous objects have been captured on video in various California cities during 2004. We are making an effort to present you with clips of the amazing footage recorded so far. The emphasis of our website is toestablis (sic- to establish) independent analyses and provide documentaries of these phenomenal events, "Visitors:California UFO Wave," "Dan Aykroyd Unplugged on UFOs" and the Sonora Sightings."

source-

http://ufocasebook.com/020905.html

Edited by magnetar

• 4 weeks later...

I just want to add my two cents here that whatever else you think of Mark Olson or his footage, he's not faking the footage. He really does (or did) go out there nightly videotaping these things. He invited me out there in 2005 because he'd gone to the police and the media and no one took him seriously (except for Whiltey Strieber. I first heard him on Dreamland.) If I remember correctly, one of the big UFO organizations did check it out but they only spent a day, which isn't long enough, obviously. So I happened to be in his neck of the woods and he said to come over and bring a video camera, because "These things aren't going away."

We really did sit on a mountaintop staring at the sky--which is a long way to go for a hoax. All of it. And yes I did see a light appear out of nowhere, grow brighter and brighter as if it was coming toward us and then, just as I thought I should videotape it, it winked out. (Whether that's a coincidence I'll leave to you, I'm just giving the sequence of events.)

So that's inconclusive on the "is it aliens" front, but having met him and his brother I'd say they aren't computer savvy enough to fake the footage and don't have it in their hearts to do so. That they are hooked up with a dude named Johnny Anonymous is because he lives in a neighboring town, is interested, and they can "triangulate" on the objects when they're in the right part of the sky. David Sereda worked on (or probably made I should say) one of the UFO footage flicks using Olson's tapes. So if he's selling Sereda's stuff on his website, that's why. I've had a few internet emailings with Johnny Anonymous and he's the real deal. He just wants to remain anonymous is all.

I know it all sounds shady, plus the fact of who am I? Some newbie on the board. Aaaaand it might not help that I used my little road trip to Olson's as the ending to my film, which I'm now promoting just by mentioning. But in the flick I pull no punches where Mark's concerned. One of the punches is NOT that he's faking the footage.

Now, knowing that, it's enlightening to read posts that say it was probably made on a PC. It's funny that you think the footage is good enough to warrant fakery because my roommates (who have zero interest in UFOs) think it's just nondescript lights in the sky that some doofus is misinterpreting. I guess it IS all in the interpretation.

I want to take issue with one more thing: I don't think it's fair to say that because someone is trying to make money off of their footage that makes them a fake. I'm accused of being a fraud for writing about my experiences in books or magazines--in formats that cost money, as if I'm making a fortune off of this stuff. The reality is, I have only lost money on all things UFO-related. This is because I self-publish and self-produce and so the expense of "needing to share with the world" outweighs the demand for a no-name talent to do just that. Thus it goes for Mark. He's not filthy rich, he's dirt poor.

Hope this helps!

--jeremy

That video of the UFO was just absolutely amazing. I have never seen anything quite like it before.

I give this video two thumbs up! :tu:

Valiens aka Jeremy

First, WELCOME to the forum!

Secondly, I thank you for taking the time and clearing that up in your previous post. :tu:

I've visited SonoraSightings.com a few times and was wowed by a few of the videos there.

Some might be "possibly" explained -- but others are very hard to explain or understand.

I live in Oregon... and we see a few UFO's around here. A few really shook me up.

At times-- because of what we've seen here, I was sort of angry with the government wondering if it is their's and flying over like that in a heavy populated area such as Portland.

Or I was angry that if it is NOT their's, then when are they going to get on the ball and "prepare" us? This "secrecy" BS they keep for whatever reason (which I have a good idea why) is for the Birds! And for the rest of us "civilians" who see these are left confused or frustrated with what they saw and many of us KNOW there's no way in h3ll you are going to admit seeing it to others.. it's rare for people to just come out and say so-- no one wants to be made fun of or called a liar, or hallucinating etc. I heard that ON AVERAGE, that there are 400 REPORTED UFO cases A DAY! And that is not even counting the ones that do not or will not report what they saw.

Then on the other hand, I get frustrated with what I saw.. thinking, dang --If this is a true UFO NOT of this world with an Alien driving that thing, and you are so-called intelligent, and far more advanced than us, and fly many eons to reach us, why in the h3ll do you SHOW yourself to us like that and gone in a blink of an eye?

Or maybe his ship was on the blink temporarily and accidently un-cloaked and is why we saw something. LOL

Anyway... thank you for joining the forum, and providing your helpful information.

Edited by Cinders

First of all, I do not know where people come off, or expect to come off when they open a UFO video website. There are some real operators out there- like Jeff somebody...

Olsen's videos are too numerous, too explicit, and to under-corraborated to suit my bunko-meter. Even if he is for real, he operates in an age when every visual medium- except scientificly refereed material- is suspect.

Friends, associates, etc, can be part of a scam. I will stop short of making unfounded accusations. But, having someone once assure me a video they produced was real, and now suspecting they were yanking my chain, and lots of other people, leaves me debunking first, and asking questions later.

I feel I have never likely been wrong using this tact- simply because it is the most logical course of action. UFO pictures are the seedy world of idiocy- most all of the time.

Like many people, I am not clear on my own experiences or sightings. But, I also know enough to suspect "repeat, repeat, repeat" sightings. He could have done more to add impartial data to his stories.

He could have done more to add impartial data to his stories.

Such as what? The only thing I can think of (If no big ufo organization is going to stay longer than a day) is to have some neighbor, who will not go anonymous, film these things from a different part of the sky. On the other hand, the longer raw footage of the stuff on the website does go on for quite some time. I believe that one thing that looks like a canister hanging in the air, for example, is actually 7 minutes long or so. It looks exactly like something filmed during the Belgium wave.

By the way is sonorasightings.com still in existence? I haven't been able to pull it up. I know Mark was letting it go but I thought someone was taking it over.

(Thanks for the welcome!)

Edited by valiens

It reminds me of a B22 stealth bomber, but the shape of it and the way the lights are positioned on the aircraft make me think differently.

Videos of lights in the night sky don't impress me... There's no frame of reference. Try pointing a camcorder at a any bright light (streetlamp, stadium lights, etc) with the zoom on. You're likely to get a dancing light surrounded by blackness that is indistinguishable from most nighttime UFO videos.

First, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mark Olson. I am the one who has been videotaping the strange objects in the skies of Sonora, CA since May of 2004. I find the criticism that has been posted here to be very troubling, in the fact that not one of the critics who have posted here had the grace or the inclination to ask me for copies of the footage to analyze. That was the whole purpose of the Sonora Sightings website. It was established to provide the footage for analysis to anyone who asked. That was specifically stated on the website. The footage is still available for analysis. After two and a half years, I was forced to take the Sonora Sightings website offline for personal health reasons. My health deteriorated to the point where I could no longer run the website and I have still not recovered sufficiently.

One person spoke of having someone else videotape the objects from another location. That was done several times. The footage was posted to the website along with descriptions as detailed as I could provide of location, altitude, environmental conditions, witnesses and equipment used. Details for each sighting recorded were provided and video from separate cameras of the same sightings were posted.

For example, on August 8, 2004, as I was listening to Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell, I sighted and videotaped a HUGE triangular object flying over my home. This object was also separately witnessed and SEPARATELY VIDEOTAPED. I have attached a video clip of the object to this posting (as this is my first posting, I hope I did it right) and it can be viewed at Triangular Object as well. The object was recorded on a Sony High-8 camcorder and a Sony Digital camcorder.

Also, someone mentioned BJ Booth at ufocasebook.com. Yes, I am a friend and colleague of BJ and of Brian Vike. And no, I have no affiliation with ufocasebook.com except that BJ has been good enough to post some of the footage that I have videotaped. Whatever "marketing" BJ does or doesn't do is not my concern, nor am I involved.

As to David Sereda and the Dan Aykroyd DVD, yes, my footage was used in the documentary. And no, I have not been paid for the use of my footage. It was my hope that utilization of my footage in the documentary would engender interest in the Sonora Sightings and provide some avenue to have the footage analyzed by independent and professional analysts. I am still hopeful that the footage WILL someday be analyzed.

I am not a hoaxer, nor would I lower myself to such pranks, misinformation or jokes. I am a state commissioned Notary Public, and a certified Interpreter for the Deaf, I hold two doctorates in Religion and Metaphysics, and my reputation is impeccable. I simply wish to know what these strange objects are. You wish to be a critic, that's fine. But, don't make assumptions based on one video clip. And certainly don't make assumptions without facts.

Anyone who wishes to analyze any of the footage I have videotaped is welcome to email me.