Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What 'does' the Chupacabra look like?

HAJiME

Forgetting the fact that it probably does not exist, what are you expectations of it's appearance?

I first found out about the beast through the book "The Natural History of the Unatural World" which despite seeming to have much fact to it, is a beautifully exciting book to look at. In the book, El Chupacabra is illustrated to be very Kangaroo-like.

Later when i read the description in the "A-Z of Cryptozoology" the desctiption says

"combine the features of a kangaroo, a gargoyle and a gray alien of abduction lore. It was said to be hairy, about four feet tall, with a large, rounded head, a lipless mouth, sharp fangs, and huge, lidless red eyes. The body was small, with thin, clawed, seemingly webbed arms with muscular hind legs. The creature also had a series of pointy spines running from it's head down to it's backbone."

I do not like the idea of it looking gray alien like. The creatures habbits and otherwise desctiption seems valid as just an unknown animal, which is far more believable than any 'gray alien.'

I sort of imagine a medium sized walibi, with no tail or notable ears and with an extended and upturned upper jaw with canines and a tongue designed for drinking the blood of other animals. I imagine it's nose being quite squashed out of the way and it's head to overall be very cat like with a arced nose and the head carries on to form a large brain cavity. I imagine most of it's body to have no hair and wrinkly skin like a hairless dog, but it has hair down it's back and the signature spine frill.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bigdog112

• frogfish

• The Carnivore

• NightWyvern

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks like a figment of you imagination...whatever that looks like :P

If you actually took time to read the Original post you would see that it started with "Forgetting the fact that it probably does not exist, what are you expectations of it's appearance?" therefore the original poster was asking members opinions what they feel it should or would look like from reports?

Everyone also knows your opinions on everthing that can't be found in a science book so why do you feel you need to post the same old thing over and over again, no one rams their opinion down your throat so why do you insist on ramming yours down theirs... no one also posts their opinions over and over again... pass on your opinion and move on.

If you actually took time to read the Original post you would see that it started with "Forgetting the fact that it probably does not exist, what are you expectations of it's appearance?" therefore the original poster was asking members opinions what they feel it should or would look like from reports?
How do you know that's not what I think it really looks like?

Everyone also knows your opinions on everthing that can't be found in a science book so why do you feel you need to post the same old thing over and over again, no one rams their opinion down your throat so why do you insist on ramming yours down theirs... no one also posts their opinions over and over again... pass on your opinion and move on.

Well, it's clearly evident here. How many chupacabra topics are there? How many Alien topics? How man "I saw Mermaids!" topics? How many "I have da Telekinesis abilitiz" topics?

I think I just proved my point.

I would imagine it as looking like a gorgonopsid, with big sharp fangs and incredible speed and power. There's just the incy-wincy problem that gorgonopsids died out in the Permo-Triassic extinction c.251 Ma ago. So I'm going to have to say a giant vampire bat with very big teeth.

Though, like frogfish said, it probably looks a figment of a person's overactive imagination.

no one also posts their opinions over and over again

Now, I disagree with you there. Now, I disagree with you there. Now, I disagree with you there. Now, I disagree with you there.

I see a flame war about to break out. Settle down, children.

Edited by Mister E.

And also to think of just saying something once is enough is preposterous! Teachers don't mention an important concept once, and move on!

You need to explain and repeat on this site for people to learn and understand.

EDIT: For my horrible grammar

Edited by frogfish

Teacher don't mention and important concept once, and move on!

Some of mine do, but they're crap, so what are you gonna do?

The opinions..as do the descriptions...vary, if you Google El Chupacabra you'll find NUMEROUS drawings and sketches of the ever elusive "goat-sucker" :rolleyes: .

I personally think it is an undiscovered species,most likely a type of bat.

Hmmmm, could be..could be....considering the original El Chupacabra "legend" was propagated by farmers and people in rural areas of a 3rd world country, ANYTHING could have been mis-identified and left to rumor and speculation....and would have grown from there.

But this isn't really what this thread is about, is it.

I think it probably looks alot like my ex mother inlaw. Its certanly as vicious sounding as her. :yes:

Hmmm... if I had to say...I picture chupie as hmm kinda having a raptor's stance. Ya know, bent lil arms with long claws, legs shaped like a dino's, and slightly scaley too. Not plated but smooth. Spikes down the back. The face is questionable to me though. Don't really know. All I can say is it wouldn't be like the "mangy" mutts they keep showing on google

Ok, let's just say the little bugger does exist.

With all the variations the most popular has been a small, skinny, primate...so, if it did exist, it'd be an aggresive yet small (and endangered) undiscovered primate that lives deep, deep within the jungles.

I dunno. Probobly some kind of lizard. Like an iguanna, maybe with the ability to run on the hind legs like a basilisk lizard.

Edited by sadistic jellyfish of doom

Here's a supposed picture:

linked-image

I can't find the un-outlined version, so don't ask.

I believe I had a sighting of it and I think it looks kinda like a alien/raptor combination with spikes coming out of it's back and short flaps of skin under it's arms that it uses to glide.

linked-image

*Stifles laughter*

That is an extraordinarily odd looking creature. Also, why have we never seen this piccie before?

Edited by sadistic jellyfish of doom

Forgetting the fact that it probably does not exist, what are you expectations of it's appearance?

I first found out about the beast through the book "The Natural History of the Unatural World" which despite seeming to have much fact to it, is a beautifully exciting book to look at. In the book, El Chupacabra is illustrated to be very Kangaroo-like.

Later when i read the description in the "A-Z of Cryptozoology" the desctiption says

I do not like the idea of it looking gray alien like. The creatures habbits and otherwise desctiption seems valid as just an unknown animal, which is far more believable than any 'gray alien.'

I sort of imagine a medium sized walibi, with no tail or notable ears and with an extended and upturned upper jaw with canines and a tongue designed for drinking the blood of other animals. I imagine it's nose being quite squashed out of the way and it's head to overall be very cat like with a arced nose and the head carries on to form a large brain cavity. I imagine most of it's body to have no hair and wrinkly skin like a hairless dog, but it has hair down it's back and the signature spine frill.

One thing he drinks blood.

This is El Cupacabra! I call him Chupy. And he likes soccer. Futbol! GGGOOOAAALLL!!!!!!!

linked-image

well,if your acting for our opinion,then,I think it looks like a bat,a very LARGE bat.I dont buy the reports that it has a head like a grey.I dont think it has spines either.

Here's a link to a Chupacabra video page. The video itself is an obvious fake -a vid-animation hybrid. However, if you scroll down, there's a drawing depicting the classic physical features of el chupacabra based on over 50 years of alleged sightings.

http://www.alienvideo.net/video-chupacabra.php

I've never heard of the Chupacubra but by coincidence I saw an episode of the program, 'Is It Real?' on NatGeo last night.

They featured the 'Chupacubra' and eventually, they came to the conclusion that there just wasn't any evidence to prove it existed......A self-described expert presented plaster casts of alleged pawprints but an expert on animal pawprints declared them as fake.

Also the only physical evidence was a carcass which was taken to a university for examination. Apparently, a farmer had shot and killed an alleged chupacubra attacking his sheep at night. He found the carcass days later on his property and took it in. The scientists there performing the tests concluded that it was just a wild dog !! Interestingly enough, when they held a media conference, the media and public refused to believe that there wasn't a chupacubra after all !!!

There has never been any photographic/video nor physical evidence to support it's existence......Just eyewitness accounts, as always.......

So in answering your question of what it may look like, I'd say a wild dog....... :)

Edited by MUM24/7

linked-image

*Stifles laughter*

That is an extraordinarily odd looking creature. Also, why have we never seen this piccie before?

Probably because I made it on Photoshop. :P The only one who believed me (that I know of) was fantasycat89. Sorry about that. But that should prove something to all UM members who even gave the image a second thought. As a consolation prize, fantasycat89 gets ten internet bucks. Not that they're real... but, you could buy something with that.

When I imagine one, I see it as a monkey/lizard cross.

Icky.