Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird phone number...not really a number?

dog soldier

QUOTE(MoonPrincess @ Mar 6 2007, 06:40 PM) 1570396[/snapback]Who knows. The person who is calling. Is probably saying he or she is fine.

Probably is a number like the others.

I just don't understand why a ghost would go out of it's way to find the specific technical resources it would need to dial from such a number...

Didn't you go to your own website? They're dead realatives calling from Blockbuster wanting you rent "Ghostbusters!" Ha ha ha!!! Actually, I had a friend that worked at a Block Buster's and evertime he called from there, the number came up as all zeros...

lol okay. my aunt past a away a couple of years ago. a few days after her funeral, my cousin (her son) and my mother got phone calls from her number. When my cousin checked her phone, it was off.

A few years ago a family friend passed away. He was quite a character and was always on his cell phone making dodgy deals. At his wake, after a few drinks it was decided that someone should call him. My Dad almost had a heart attack when Ronnie answered after a couple of rings....it was of course his voice mail. Very funny tho!

Wow, lots of dead threads coming back to life lately, Aka Zombie threads. :unsure:

Ya , and I have fallen for two of them in a row.......Rookie move....:blush:

Something similar had happened to my mother. She got a missed call call from me. So she called back and asked me why I called. I didn't call. There was no record of me making that call on my phone. But my mother phone has a record of receiving my number. Weird glitches I suppose, since I'm obviously not dead.

Hi guys. I was just wondering if anyone has ever recieved a weird telephone number? I got a call about 1 week ago that came from the number "000 000 0000". I answered and I didn't hear anything on the other end. Anyone?

MY WIFE GOT A CALL ON HER CELL PHONE,AND IT WAS "HER" PHONE NUMBER CALLING? IT WAS LIKE SHE WAS CALLING HERSELF! NEVER FOUND OUT HOW THIS HAPPENED.

Edited by greywolf

When my son's father used to call from Iraq, that's the number that showed up on my caller ID so I knew it was him. So, I'm not sure where yours came from....

Hi guys. I was just wondering if anyone has ever recieved a weird telephone number? I got a call about 1 week ago that came from the number "000 000 0000". I answered and I didn't hear anything on the other end. Anyone?

That number used to call me all the time. And like you said I never heard anything if I remember it right. One time it made this loud high pitched tone though. I def. remember that tone because for some reason sometimes that same tone happens when I call my mother.

Edited by Disembodied Voice

As long as they didn't whisper "Seven Days"... I think you'll be ok. :tu:

As long as they didn't whisper "Seven Days"... I think you'll be ok. :tu:

HAH! :w00t: Nice

That is a telemarketing spam number coming from Blockbusters. All mechanical. Frankly any business that operates like that probably ticks off more potential customers. Who would deal with a business that basically harasses people, leaves no name or number and do not respond to you. Bad tactics and I have stopped using Blockbusters altogether.

I received a call from the 000 000 0000 number yesterday morning at 11:23 am and its on my call display still.

Edited by minera

I gotta agree with a lot of other responses. Sometimes the funky phone numbers like 000-000-0000 show up due to telemarketers, or skype users. Sometimes it happens when people use their computer to make calls, and occasionally from phone card users too.

My hubby explained it to me as sort of your phone does not recognize the code (as in data) that the sending device is using, so the funky number shows up as the default.

I've got calls from "000 000 0000" before. I've also had text messages containing nothing and sent by no one.

Edited by Ozner

When my brother died we got a phone call from his hospital room. When my mom called that same number back, she was told that no one was in the room, nor would any doctor make a call from that room. It was strange.

you can push *69 before entering the phone number and it shows 000-000-0000 or something to that effect on the caller id of the person you are calling

I've got calls from "000 000 0000" before. I've also had text messages containing nothing and sent by no one.

Maybe Jesse Ventura is right. The government is stalking and watching and controlling us. Maybe that high pitch has to do with digital phones. I get that now but never had it when I had my old normal carrier who was wired. Since I switched to a digital carrier now its all this weird stuff.

• 1 year later...

ITS WHEN SOMEONE *67 THE NUMBER

you can push *69 before entering the phone number and it shows 000-000-0000 or something to that effect on the caller id of the person you are calling

I never really gave this a second thought, but every so often, maybe once or twice a month, my home phone will ring, the caller I.D won't register that it's ringing, and nobody is on the line. I always just figured it was some sort of a glitch.

One time, I went out for a walk and left my cellphone sitting on the kitchen table. When I got back, my mother was freaking out saying that it called her cell phone 5 times before she turned it off. That was fairly odd.

And what about that 0888 888 888 number? Every person, which had that phone number, died. I mean, that's pretty scary. Some said that 8 is number of death. I wouldn't be that radical, but it's strange anyway.

• 6 months later...

Its a common Tactic of bill collectors even the billing section of my cable company uses that number 000000000 but I have a phone number thta just called that is the stangest phone number ever seen and searches for it have returned 0 returns I have never run across a 0 return on a number search until now heres the Number V02281158300027 no message was left I am unable to dial it back this is truly a mystery.Thinking I should maybe take a picture of this number that's on my phone because believeing that this came up as a call could be hard to belive but it just happened any one ever seen a number such as that?

i got a call from this phone number a couple weeks ago. When i answered there was no one there. i said hello a second time and it started clicking so i hung up. There's nothing paranormal about it, it's a scam.

• Like 1