Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

oujia board help

brittanyj107

hi im new here, and i joined mostly cause i needed help with my oujia board. Well the other day i was playing it, and it went up in flames. haha just kidding. no but seroiusly i got my oujia board a few years ago, i got the parker brothers glow in the dark one. First question. Is that one any good. I played mostly with friends over the summer, and we got interesting results. one result of ares was for the sprit to show us a sighn its here. the lights flickered. weird conisdent? or true. we dont know. anyways. The havent played the board for about 5 months. I dug it out from my closet today. I sat down, asked it a question, and no answer, no movment. I did theis by myself. So my question is, is there any ways i can get better results? like should i chant something tat the begging or something lol? move the plachuete around the board a couple times? what? thank you!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sheleven

• brittanyj107

• CaitSith

• airika

Top Posters In This Topic

hi im new here, and i joined mostly cause i needed help with my oujia board. Well the other day i was playing it, and it went up in flames. haha just kidding. no but seroiusly i got my oujia board a few years ago, i got the parker brothers glow in the dark one. First question. Is that one any good. I played mostly with friends over the summer, and we got interesting results. one result of ares was for the sprit to show us a sighn its here. the lights flickered. weird conisdent? or true. we dont know. anyways. The havent played the board for about 5 months. I dug it out from my closet today. I sat down, asked it a question, and no answer, no movment. I did theis by myself. So my question is, is there any ways i can get better results? like should i chant something tat the begging or something lol? move the plachuete around the board a couple times? what? thank you!

Try making the board yourself, maybe concencrating it and charging it with your own energy, also I wouldn't do it by yourself, just to be on the safe side.

You can make one out of cardboard,they work just as well.Are you using it alone or with a group.I wouldnt use it alone.Have you learnt how to close up at the end?

Out of wood? Easy enough right? you can burn the letters and numbers and anything else into the wood and slap on a good thick clear coat to smooth it all over and behold you have your very own ouija board

Actually, they don't work, there aren't spirits just waiting around for a board to open up. Sorry, just my opinion.

my suggestion to you is that if you do not know much about oujia boards then pleaaase do some research first before just"playing" with one. From what i've learned and heard from many others, oijia boards are really no game. If you dont know what your doing you are pretty much enviting any spirits into your home.... good, bad and the ugly..lol. but seroiusly...im sure there is a protective thing your sopost to say before you start the oujia board, but i dont remember its been years since ive messed with that thing and i wont do it ever again.....again i would suggest you read a lil bit more on the board(if you havnt already) =) oh i have that board too. never worked for me...its at my paretns house..hehe..i wont bring it to mine.....i m bad..lol

im using it alone today. cuase no one wants to play it with me :cry:

lol. but yea i did alot of research on them before i started playing. then i played with it with friends, and im like "these arnt scary" cause to me there not lol. i dont know why. but ill make one out of cardboard, and can i use the plachete from my parker brothers game? or do i have to make that too? Also, so do you think i should buy one of those 1700's woden boards off ebay? will it give me better results?

Mimilovergyrl is right^^^.Contacting spirits isnt a game.If you are going to use the board it is in your best interest to learn as much as you can on the subject,like how to protect yourself with blessings,how to tell if a spirit is malevalent and how to close the channel at the end.Its best not to use the board alone.Read as much as you can before deciding whether to go ahead and make/use a board.

do you know a good site where to read up about it? cause i cant find any? and also, when you want to close the session, all you do is scroll over goodbye right? and what if you dont?

One thing to think about is if a board is that old it must have a history.It might have a spirit already attached to it.

Scrolling over goodbye usually ends a session but some spirits wont be too eager to say goodbye.Ive heard so many stories about spirits refusing to leave and people burning the board used hoping that will get rid of the spirit but instead it just means there is no channel to send the spirit back through :cry: I dont know how true these stories are but i wouldnt take any risks.

hi im new here, and i joined mostly cause i needed help with my oujia board. Well the other day i was playing it, and it went up in flames. haha just kidding.

You totally got me with this one. :lol:

They never worked for me alone, but I think I kind of didn't want it to and only tried a couple times. Too many reasons not to do it.

You totally got me with this one. :lol:

They never worked for me alone, but I think I kind of didn't want it to and only tried a couple times. Too many reasons not to do it.

I have to agree. I have played a ouija board a few times with people that I was aquainted with, and it seemed to work, yet I honestly believe that someone was moving it. (not a spirit) I have tried many times to use one on my own, because I would know then that it actually worked, to no avail. I'm just not convinced that the ouija board really works at all.

Like others have said here...............It's not a game. I used to dbout the board . I got a "William Fuld" board at a garage sale when i was a teen. It was bigger than the generic store bought ones. It made a believer out of lots of dbouters i know till i finally put it away and used it for a TV tray . Some quick examples.

1. Found out that a man had died in my friends grandmothers house. Also got his name. Confirmed the next day by his grandmother. Heart attack in the hallway before she bought the house.

2. Ink dragged all over the board while using it and no leaking pens or ink anywhere else.

3. The piece flew off the board and smashed into the wall. There were many other incidents at different times at different places we used it.

I finally had enough and stopped using it. I did learn to keep an open mind and draw MY OWN conclusions on spiritual things.

Edited by berndoggie

THOUGHT!

Is it possible that use of a board by some may in fact be "overkill?".......B

find the fish

Hi brittanyj107, The board you have bought sounds fine, I was thinking of getting one of those glow in the dark boards myself, they should be easier to read without having to manouvre candles or torches around with one hand in order to see the letters being spelt, while trying to rest your finger on the planchette with the other.

In terms of chanting etc, this is not necessary, what IS necessary, is that you start by protecting yourself (using the brilliant cathartic light method) & ask that only good spirits come through. At the end of the session, ALWAYS close the board down by taking the planchette to Goodbye & bidding any spirits you've been in contact with, to leave & be at peace.

It is often a good idea to move the planchette around the board a few times before you start asking any questions, this helps the spirits to build up energy & familiarise themselves with the board.

The Ouija board is essentally a portal between our physical world & the spirit world, once activated, it is like opening a door which you need to close behind you, or you never know who you might be allowing in..........just like your own front door at home! Failure to observe these simple rules can have very negative consequences & is how many people have got themselves in an awful mess.

Good luck, hope this helps. :tu:

Edited by Arcana

Hi brittany, I'm not one to encourage others to use the ouija board but if you are set on going to, then you may want to read this brief guideline that I wrote for previous ouija board threads :tu: Oh and it shouldn't matter what kind of board you use...

1. Your expectations can infulence your experience. As can your mood and the people you chose to do the ouija board with. Don't take part if you can't trust the group, don't take part if you really don't want to. There's still roles people can have if they don't want to take part directly such as scribber ( keeping a written record of the letters and words) this is an important role because it can be easy to lose track of what was said. Sometimes you need to see the written word to make sense of it, not all spirits spell english well...it also allows you to google words you don't know the meaning of.

The bottom line is if it's going to keep you awake all night scared out of your wit then just don't have anything to do with it. Fearful emotions and ghosties are not a good mix....

2. Never assume that a spirit is someone you know or who they say they are. Treat it like you do the internet when chatting to strangers, be aware that it could be anyone sitting behind the name and what they tell you may not be the truth. If you saw someone called 'George Bush' or 'The Devil' in a chat room or site such as this one you wouldn't believe it really was, would you? if your answer to this is yes then please don't go near a ouija board, it's NOT a game for the guilable or naive.... It has it's entertainment value and that is all, keep things light and casual and don't rely on the ouija board for making important life desicions.

3. Be careful of what you ask, questions such as does ***X really love me or is ***X cheating on me or 'will I pass my exam' is not a great idea. Firstly no spirit has the ability to know such things other than those who may guide you or know you. They can't predict things and they don't automatically have access to every knowledge of your lives. Remember treat them as you would strangers on the net, but always with respect. I've seen good friends lose friendships because of questions like these. Think before you put foward a question, is it worth an upset or friendship? (will explain more on this later)

4. Be aware of the expectations of the spirit. They are not there to perform circus acts for you, so don't request silly things of them. Most spirits will want to talk about themselves and as far as they're concerned it's their oportunity to be heard, you must respect that. If the thought of this doesn't appeal to you then don't bother taking part. Some spirits may be troubled/distressed and looking for help, what they say may not be very nice, be prepared for that. If at anytime it gets uncomfortable tell them you sympathise with them but aren't the right people to help them. Gently ask them to return to where they came from and say goodbye.

5. Never ask if there is 'anyone' out there. You may not realise the power of such an open invite. If you ask in that manner then the chances of getting a low level or negitive spirit is greatly increased. These type of spirits will mess around and tell you porkies. They are begging for the attention and energy and usally achieve this via fear. These are the ones that will spell 'die' out or tell you they are satan etc or that something bad will happen. If you end up with one of those, don't play into their hands, don't believe them, just tell them firmly to go back to where they came from and end the board session.

6. Before you start the oujia board, as a group take a couple of mins holding hands and Imagine a bright white circle of light come round the group. Ask that this light protects you and blocks any negitive entity, thought or energy from entering the group. Request that only spirits from the highest and positive realms come forward. Only those of good energy and light are allowed to come in.

7. When you are finnished speaking to a spirit, Thank them and tell them to return to where they came from. Make them take you over the goodbye.

To end the session, join hands again and visualise the circle of bright white light, say that you are now finnished and wish to close the circle down taking with it any entity or energy that shouldn't still be here.

Edited by Anvil

If you don't know what you're dealing with, then it's best to just leave it alone. Do some research before using it.