Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

google earth- canada

sourpatchkid

this is the closest forum I could think of....

does anyone know what this is? mountain face

It is in canada on a marked road, the closest town I noticed was irvine. I assume it is supposed to be that way because there is a road leading right up to it. Who is it supposed to be and why did they bother doing that?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sourpatchkid

• SilverCougar

• EmpressStarXVII

• Belial

wind/rain, elemental forces thrown at the rock over the last couple of million years maybe? good find though.

Someone posted a video once of google earth and weird findings on mountain terrains. I dont think that the picture above is anything man made. I agree with belial.

:lol: the road makes the native-american look like it has an Ipod.

Someone posted a video once of google earth and weird findings on mountain terrains. I dont think that the picture above is anything man made. I agree with belial.

I saw this in a video on google earth, probably the one you are talking about. I swear it has to be man-made though, I mean the road goes right to it.

I saw this in a video on google earth, probably the one you are talking about. I swear it has to be man-made though, I mean the road goes right to it.

Maybe the road was built after they discovered what it looked like????

It looks to me like the road leads to a highpoint in the landscape. It's natural that people should be interested in the top of a mountain-- it gives you the best view.

I agree with others that this geological conformation is not man-made. Landscapes are like clouds-- from time to time their shapes remind us of something else.

It does look amazingly like a face, though.

Maybe the road was built after they discovered what it looked like????

A really good thought.

before this thread inevitably becomes diluted thank you all for your intelligent responses.

Maybe it does just look like a face.

A really good thought.

before this thread inevitably becomes diluted thank you all for your intelligent responses.

Maybe it does just look like a face.

Yeah, it's a tourist location due to the odd shape, hence the road. Part of a national park I believe.

teehee XD

Really, I look at it, and I thought "Gaia! ... with an Ipod!" And I couldn't resist.. X)

I'm pretty sure that's just a natural formation.

It's not part of a mountain, there are no mountains in that part of Alberta. It looks like it's part of a dried up lake bed, that is an extremely dry part of the province and is prone to wind erosion. There are also some major dunes not too far from that area so I'd say that the hillsides are probably fairly sandy once you get below the surface, definitely not rock.

this is the closest forum I could think of....

does anyone know what this is? mountain face

It is in canada on a marked road, the closest town I noticed was irvine. I assume it is supposed to be that way because there is a road leading right up to it. Who is it supposed to be and why did they bother doing that?

I saw a video just the other day with this image on it also,. Natural errosion can cause some interesting things in nature, If you go to that link again, scrolll down and zoom in you can find what appears to be a "Dog head" shape also,

"Errosion" is natures art.

But I have to say... while this whole "FACE OF... Mary/Jesus/God/Scoobydoo IN THE.. tree/pizza pan/grilled cheese sammich" thing that seems to be happening, this one is by far the clearest looking face ever.

And I claim her to be Gaia. *nods* X)

But I have to say... while this whole "FACE OF... Mary/Jesus/God/Scoobydoo IN THE.. tree/pizza pan/grilled cheese sammich" thing that seems to be happening, this one is by far the clearest looking face ever.

And I claim her to be Gaia. *nods* X)

Thats what I thought. It really looks like a face! and I accept and promote your use of the name Gaia and/or the use of iGaia. :lol:

MR.D:

Where is the dogs head? can you link it? I didn't see it.