Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajfly

UFO's

5 posts in this topic

Like many I am intrigued by the idea of UFO's however all the physical evidence appears to be extremely weak. The best photo evidence presented by the proponents is in my opinion very weak. Take the famouse Trent photographs which are hailed as a "smoking gun". Well all evidence points to a mirror from an old 1940's truck as the best contender for the UFO. When you realize this it's remarkable how some of the best minds have been taken in by this obvious hoax. Then there's the Trinidade Island photo - another "smoking gun". Until we realize that the photographer was a well know UFO hoaxer and on closer examination it appears to be a twin engined aircraft which has been smudged. So much for the best photo evidence.

Then we have Roswell and Kecksburg. It's pretty evident to me that some kind of balloon did land there whatever the subsequent cover up. All the witnesses talk about some kind of metallic sheeting and wooden struts which all point to a balloon. I don't know what the big fuss is about. All physical evidence points to that. Kecksburg is even more obviously an object which originated from earth probably a spy sattelite russion or american. How else would the authorities get there so quickly if they didn't know where it was coming down beforehand?

You cannot ignore the lack of physical evidence - it's like the elephant in the room. I believe in ET - I just don't believe we have any physical evidence that he is or has visited.

If you think that a "mirror" explains the Trent photos, then you are seriously kidding yourself. Perhaps you could provide us with convincing evidence that this is indeed the solution to two of the most puzzling UFO photographs ever taken ?

The evidence for both Trent & Trinidade as hoaxes is presented in detail below. I think any objective person would admit that the research and analysis which has gone in to both cases is impressive and I for one am convinced by both arguments:

Trent photo is a truck mirror:

http://www.ufx.org/mcminn/object.htm

Trinidade photo is an aircraft:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mjpowell/Trin...de/Trindade.htm

Comments?

Firstly, I would like to point out that I have never been entirely convinced about the authenticity of the Trindade Island photos. The case for them being nothing more than a twin engined plane is a good one, and I am quite prepared to accept this.

The McMinnville photographs are less clear cut. Whilst I am impressed by the "truck mirror" theory, I am not convinced that this explanation is good enough to state that these photos are hoaxes. The "asymmetrical" geometry of the mirror seems to be stretching credulity somewhat (in my opinion). I do not see anywhere near the level of asymmetry in the mirror that I see in the UFO (with respect to the offset position of the tower). It can also be argued that the overall shapes are not identical.

These photographs have been analysed almost to the point of exhaustion over the years, and no sign of any supporting wires has been found. If the mirror had been suspended in the way suggested, then I personally believe that these wires would have quickly been found. The fact that they haven't speaks volumes......in my opinion.

Still, I thank you for providing information regarding these theories. It is amazing how many people claim things without any supporting (no pun intended) evidence whatsoever, but you have clearly done your homework. We certainly need this type of objective criticism on this forum.

Best Wishes,

Chris Low.

Chris - while i agree that the on the surface the lack of evidence for supporting wires in the Trent photographs is puzzling, once you look at the history of the photos it becomes pretty obvious. The photos which exist are not negatives. The negatives as far as I'm aware are lost. Analysis is being done on photos which are not the originals and no one knows where the originals are - they're copies. Remember that they were taken with a camera which produces very little definition or clarity compared to todays photos. The truck mirror is very light and would only require the thinnest cotton to suspend it which would be pretty much impossible to identify without the negs. I'm not surprised that no suspension method is evident - the objects are pretty indistinct as it is let alone some miniscule thread. The fact that the image does not exactly fit the mirror shown is irrelevant - it's a "type of mirror" and you've got to admit that even with the one shown it's darn close!!

Interested to know if you have links to any evidence you consider genuine. I think that today a video, let alone a photo is insufficient evidence given photoshop and FX available etc. "Proof" is going to require something more - alien material or an alien body for instance.

Thoughts? What would you consider "smoking gun" evidence?

Have a good one...

Kevin