Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
ShaunZero

Seeing "Smoke" in front of eyes.

7 posts in this topic

I didn't know where to post this, so I'll post it here. I wish there was a section for Medical discussions, lol. Anyway, I'm curious if anyone else experiences this, and I'm hoping someone might be able to diagnose what it is. When I'm outside in the sun, and I move my eyes to look in a different direction, I can see "energy" flow in the same direction I moved my eyes for a few seconds. The best I can describe it is like "black smoke". I already know that some people can see "stringy" things floating around sometimes. Something to do with the blood vessels in the eye, but it's not that because I've experienced that before as well.

1 person likes this

Well i have had that a few times. But it was when I was suffering from diabetic retinopathy that had to be cured by laser therapy :(

Is this every where or just in one specific location?

I didn't know where to post this, so I'll post it here. I wish there was a section for Medical discussions, lol. Anyway, I'm curious if anyone else experiences this, and I'm hoping someone might be able to diagnose what it is. When I'm outside in the sun, and I move my eyes to look in a different direction, I can see "energy" flow in the same direction I moved my eyes for a few seconds. The best I can describe it is like "black smoke". I already know that some people can see "stringy" things floating around sometimes. Something to do with the blood vessels in the eye, but it's not that because I've experienced that before as well.

These are known as floaters, usually caused by debris within the eye. Its very common for 20 year olds. Ill give you a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

http://www.nei.nih.gov/health/floaters/index.asp

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/spotsfloats.htm

Often nothing more than an annoyance, you should still keep an eye on them as sometimes its a sign of a detached retina or other eye conditions.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

I always see smoke at night when I'm sitting around watching TV, or on the computer. It looks like whiffs of cigarette smoke and will pass in front of me or around me. I have no idea what causes this and would be interested in any ideas as well. Thanks :)

Edited by Thozzman

Whenever I look at a clear blue sky, I see somewhat transparent circles flying around in weird patterns. Damn floaters.

Unfortunately UM and the internet in general are not the ideal places to find a diagnosis or seek medical advice. The best advice for you would be to see an Optician or a Doctor and discuss this with them.

With this in mind I am closing the thread.