Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I'm a skeptic now!

Vera Ikon

Okay, photos to come next week, but I'm at my parent's home right now and the Internet connection's waaaayyy too slow...

Last Saturday night, my family and I were preparing to go to a party. We were all dressed up, and my brother (little fashion plate that he is) asked me to take a picture of him with my nice new digital camera. A couple photos of myself, my dad and a few more of my bro got taken too. Now, half the lights in our downstairs were off, so I turned the camera's auto-flash on and snapped the photos. Next day, when I uploaded the pics to my computer, there were ORBS ALL OVER THE PICTURES!!!

I'm assuming that everyone knows what orbs are-- those weird balls of light that sometimes show up in photos or videos that are supposed to be the most common form of visible ghosts. The orbs in these photos look just like orbs I've seen in pictures taken at allegedly haunted sites. My mom was upset because she thought the camera was broken. No such luck...

But here's the part where I get skeptical. We're lived in this house for 15 years. Now, I'm a pretty skittish individual, and I've never "felt" anything here. We've done big renovations on the house, too, and nothing's ever happened to make me or anyone else in my family suspect a haunting. EVER, in the whole 15 years.

The house was built in the early 1930's. Only one family owned the house before us. A total of 5 people lived here before we bought the house. As far as I know, no one died here, nothing tragic happened here, and the property was not the sight of any strange goings-on before the house was built. So what's the deal with the orbs? I promise I'll post pics ASAP, but I'd like to get people's opinions before they see the photos.

My theory is, the orbs are little more than dust illuminated by the camera's powerful flash. Which means...the other orb photos out there could just be dust, too. Wow, I feel so torn! wacko.gif

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• klamath

• Naveed

• Vera Ikon

• algernon the 3rd

Aye...dust be ye problem ya scally-wag. I took some fancy photographs with my woman's digi-camera at here barn with flash on. Got orbs all over the place from the dust in the air. You savy?

Welcome to the Algie 99.9% of Orb photos aren't real but are actually dust (particularly if the were taken on a digital or very compact camera) club grin2.gif

Bet it was dust that was sent into the air whilst you were dressing or whatever.

Sorry, but I have to agree with Algenon on that one..

But I'm gonna check out picture taken in my parents house, maybe I can spot something interesting in them! OoOOOooo!

Hugs from Ruthie, who didn't sleep very well..

It depends whether you associate orbs with ghosts very strongly or not. I personally think that they are mostly dust particals but on occasion many light anomalies that look similar to orbs are actually paranormal.

Thats my view, I mean I've picked up orbs at Stansted Airport for crying out loud rolleyes.gif

Apologies in advance for rubbish spelling wacko.gif

Hey Guys,

Have you ever wondered that maybe its a ghost that was passing bye,or maybe a spiritguide.My spiritguide always shows up in my pics.Everytime we take pics of my little brother he always has a green orb near is left shoulder,and we take with different cameras just to make sure!Sure enough their it is,next to his left shoulder.Take those pics to a psychic and shell prob say the same thing.Hope i helped you out!

• 2 weeks later...

disgust.gif I'm a believer of the paranormal and the supernatural, but I'm a skeptic once it comes to so called ghost and orb pictures even if you use a digi-camera. Just because it's new doesn't mean your not going to get those nice little orb pictures. If I took a pic of my whole family I might get some orbs.

One thing: Just because your house isn't haunted today- doesn't mean it's not going to be tomorow. whistling2.gif

Also technology has let it be shown that orbs sometimes have faces in it. Faces of the one that passed away. Maybe blow it up and do a negative of it. Then you can tell the difference. Good luck.

Who Me? Almost there ohmy.gif) I bought this really expensive video package and then found out that I had to upgrade my OS. So it's been a really expensive month and half. I'm in the process of moving so that's my #1 priority right now. But in the first of the year I promise I will have it for you. . . I can't wait either grin2.gif

I have never had much interest in orbs. To be honest I don't honestly see why people believe they are supernatural. It could be anything, but dust, or some other small object or earthly origin, has always been my favoured belief.