Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tyrannosaurus Rex Cloned

Rare and Unusual Human Creature

Attention! I got this through a friend of a friend who works at a newspaper. Apparently they were all set to run this story when the building was shut down by the government and they were warned that it was all a hoax and they should forget it. But this person smuggled out a copy of the story and through my resources I got a hold of it. This is truly incredible.

_________

The scientific community is in a flurry today as Russian Scientist Prachek Vosmak announced he had secretly cloned the prehistoric dinosaur Tyrannosaurus Rex through cutting edge technology and samplings of soft tissue.

"This project has been a dream of mine which I have put into all of my scientific skill, using techniques known and unknown and money which has come from a great many sources", Prachek told the US press through a translator.

linked-image

Last March the discovery of unfossilized Tyrannosaurus tissue was announced in the press.

The news has shocked experts around the world who believed the feat was impossible. US Paleontologist John Horner flew to Russia himself to see the beast.

"Astounding, utterly astounding", was Horner's only comment.

linked-image

The cloned Tyrannosaur is shown with paloentologist John Horner.

Prachek has not yet disclosed all details of his sucess or his hopes for the giant Cretaceaous-era animal, a female he has named Anastasia, but undoubtably the living speciman of a time 65 million years gone by will answer

Cont. page 14.

That's all the story I got my hands and apparently that's all we'll know, as it is being thoroughly buried from what I hear (my sources are impeccable). Another example of government fascism covering up something fantastic!!

Edited by Rare and Unusual Human Creature

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rare and Unusual Human Creature

• robbieb

• Legatus Legionis

• cyrus11

your kidding me right? That's a photo shopped picture, and a horrible one at that.

hoax? the government is right! that is a hoax! darn look at the picture. the pixels didn't match up with the background.

first off look at this pic its obviously a hoax and secod of all people we CAN NOT CLONE A DINOSAUR they cant live in our enviorment we have today gasses are at very diffrent levels then they were at the time of the dinos in fact if we went bakc in time and tried to breath we would DIE there was so much more oxygen in the air it would be toxic to us literaly killing us in under a minute not to mention any new diseases that have come around that it could not deal with its insane to think that we are gonna clone a dino

April Fools Day guys ;)

so that's what it is.. ahahahah. ok i got it.

April Fool's? What is this? I don't know what type of thing you're speaking of.

April Fool's? What is this? I don't know what type of thing you're speaking of.

linked-image sounds like you're trying to play a belated April Fool's Day joke... if you 'REALLY' don't know... :D

April Fools' Day or All Fools' Day, though not a holiday in its own right, is a notable day celebrated in many countries on April 1. The day is marked by the commission of hoaxes and other practical jokes of varying sophistication on friends and neighbors, or sending them on fools' errands, the aim of which is to embarrass the gullible.

LINK-> April Fools' Day

Edited by Pax Unum

first off look at this pic its obviously a hoax and secod of all people we CAN NOT CLONE A DINOSAUR they cant live in our enviorment we have today gasses are at very diffrent levels then they were at the time of the dinos in fact if we went bakc in time and tried to breath we would DIE there was so much more oxygen in the air it would be toxic to us literaly killing us in under a minute not to mention any new diseases that have come around that it could not deal with its insane to think that we are gonna clone a dino

Calm down there, it is obviously an April Fool's day joke.

But...it was...posted on the second?

OR is that just different clocks for different time zones.

And if thats so, how do you cope with the "If its past noon then the joke is on you?" conundrum if everyone is on a different time zone?

Now I am all confused.

Queen.. the servers are set to the time in Scotland. So when it's the 1st here in the states, which is where the origonal poster is from, it's the 2nd in Scotland...

It was posted on April 1st for the users time, but too late regardless. (9:51pm) You're supposed to do APril Fools jokes before 12pm otherwise it's a year of back luck directed back at you.

It was posted on April 1st for the users time, but too late regardless. (9:51pm) You're supposed to do APril Fools jokes before 12pm otherwise it's a year of back luck directed back at you.

What?!? I... I've never heard that before.

Well, it's a damn good thing this WASN'T a joke then!

By the way, has anyone heard anything about John Horner lately? I have heard murmerings that he seems to have mysteriously vanished from the face of the earth.

Edited by Rare and Unusual Human Creature

Even though that pic is obviously a fake, searching for more info on the story turned up some interesting stuff. Tyrannosaurus Rex Flesh Pictures

Cloning has come a long way in a very short time, and is only going to get more advanced. The only reason they haven't tried to clone a dinosaur was because all they ever find of them is fossilized cause its so old. Having this living tissue may make it possible for them to actually clone a T-Rex. As fantastic as that sounds, I really would not like to be anywhere near this when it happens. I can just imagine an army of T-Rex's breaking out of their cages somewhere. My trusty shotgun would be like a pea shooter against them. Makes me wonder if they could bite through a tank. It would be damn cool to watch from a distance though.

what so, does that mean they've actually found some T-rex flesh then?

I remember reading a few articles about ten years ago that they were planning on fertilizing some elephant eggs with some frozen wooley mamouth sperm and then keep doing that from generation to generation or something like that?

Does anyone know whats become of this?

once again they can not clone a dino because earth is to diffrent then it was back then not enough oxygen in the air as there was back thewn it would sufficate it not to mention to clone it we need a close relative of a t-rex to be a host for the egg and we dont have one of those either u people need to do your homework cause u are all very far off and the reason they want tissue is not to close but to get dna so they can map it out and learn more about them

• 2 weeks later...

linked-image

TERRIBLE PS JOB next time do BLACK and WHITE if u are doing it as a "PAPER" story would make much more sense and would require MINIMAL PS skills

once again they can not clone a dino because earth is to diffrent then it was back then not enough oxygen in the air as there was back thewn it would sufficate it not to mention to clone it we need a close relative of a t-rex to be a host for the egg and we dont have one of those either u people need to do your homework cause u are all very far off and the reason they want tissue is not to close but to get dna so they can map it out and learn more about them

in the days of the dinosaurs, its true that the earth had a high co2 content, thats one of the main reasons that dinosaur came to rule the earth instead of mammals because dinosaurs/birds have a superior respiration system..with the networks of airsacks inside their bodies.... birds today still have this genetic heritage, although the oxygen level have risen...to say that t-rex cannot be cloned because of different oxygen level just has no logic.. that would mean that birds cannot survive today because the oxygen level is too high.. yet they still lived...obviously if one needs to clone a dinosaur you don't clone them using animals like amphibians like it is said in jurassic park, you use their direct descendents.. the birds... you splice some genes here and there...have the T-rex dna match up with parts of an ostrich DNA ...and work your way back... even better, use a hoatzen bird, their chicks already have the 2 hand claws they use to climn among branches, thats like a reverse evolution cheat sheet to engineer back an archaeopteryx or a gliding therapod.

and ladies and gentelmen a person who is proof a little knowledge is a dangerous thing first off it was higer oxygen levels not co2 which is why dinos got so big not co2 we dont use co2 to breath we use oxygen second animals evolved and adapted with the changing oxygen thats why there still alive second u cant just go of well lets add some frog dna to the dinos to get this thing to work u need a very close relative alive today to be able to clone with dna we discovered that a chicken is the closest living relative to dinos and even still it wouldnt work since the only dna of a ino we have is a trex and its egg is rather large in comparasion to a chicken so the chicken couldnt even lay the egg good job though do a little more research on a topic next time

Oh dear lord, where did you get your education?