Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plagues of Exodus

airika

Your opinion  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Plagues of Exodus natural, or miraculous?

• Natural Occurences
    • Wrath of God
    • A little of both

Human nature doesn't choose right over wrong if there are no differences between what kind of consequences either will bring about.

:clap: :clap: Great post heather! :tsu:

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thaphantum

• airika

• Beckys_Mom

• IamsSon

Harte's post really got me to thinking, and he's right. There is absolutely no written evidence by the Egyptians that this ever happened. The Egyptians recorded everything down to being massacred, and even conquered by the Ottoman Turks. They wrote of plagues, diseases, and many other horrible things. The fact that this occurrence was never written down, lends even more credence to it never happening at all. What are your thoughts?

I think that's a very valid observation, that makes the 10 plagues suspect, as to being strictly myth. I.E. fable, never happened. It's the same with the Roman record. They would have accounted of a jewish messiah being executed. But they didn't .

:clap: :clap: Great post heather! :tsu:

I would LOVE to see you, take part in our role playing thread IAMS...Where you play the part of a skeptic...that would really get us all going lol

I am a born again chrsitian in that thread..and its great...we are all learning, what its like to see things from another persons view and its fun to join in lol

its helping me understand the bible more and now I am in there defending my bible lol...if you get a chance take a look..

but watch our Texas...she throws toilet paper :rofl:

lol, Geri, if anywhere in our thread you can convince me of my need to become born-again like you, I promise to repent of my TP ways. :innocent:

:w00t:

But until then, DUN DUN DUN...

:devil: !

Edited by texasgirlheather

I would LOVE to see you, take part in our role playing thread IAMS...Where you play the part of a skeptic...that would really get us all going lol

I am a born again chrsitian in that thread..and its great...we are all learning, what its like to see things from another persons view and its fun to join in lol

its helping me understand the bible more and now I am in there defending my bible lol...if you get a chance take a look..

but watch our Texas...she throws toilet paper :rofl:

I've actually been following that thread, but I just haven't jumped in yet... I'm afraid that with all the arguments the skeptics here have thrown at me in the time I've been here I would totally devastate the "Christians" on the thread :P

I've actually been following that thread, but I just haven't jumped in yet... I'm afraid that with all the arguments the skeptics here have thrown at me in the time I've been here I would totally devastate the "Christians" on the thread :P

I actually posted once to that thread very early on... I found that I couldn't post again, I feel like I very much understand Atheists (after all I was one) and for some reason, I just couldn't play the game--which totally shocked me! It's not fear or anything like that, it actually made me really uncomfortable. :unsure2:

I've been an atheist on that thread, and now I'm a Christian. It's fun... but much more difficult than I expected it to be... quite a challenge. And it has demonstrated how small my brain is... a fact I'd rather have remained ignorant of. :lol:

Shadow, I've got to correct you, I think it's shown how broad you are willing to take your thinking, and how much you're willing to consider stuff thrown your way. But, I'm off-topic here.......

Edited by texasgirlheather

lol, Geri, if anywhere in our thread you can convince me of my need to become born-again like you, I promise to repent of my TP ways. :innocent:

:w00t:

But until then, DUN DUN DUN...

:devil: !

We aint trying to convert you over to chrsitian LOL....just giving you a look at what its like...sharing our knowledge as chrsitians...its all about learning...NOT trying to convert

After all isnt that what you real chrsitian do...share knowledge??? go on tell me I am RIGHT LOL....

But hey if you want to see if I can CONVERT you to a chrsitian.........just say the word baby LOL and ill go get my converting kit ready :innocent:

AND..to add you wont be able to conver BM over to a non beliver like you ner ner ner :devil:

NOT one of us on that thread have made eachother feel weird or unconfortable...we have enjoyed it and became a lot closer..made friends from it...

I now love talking with the real chrsitian like ..the toilet paper throwing...dressing room hogger Miss Texas herself LMAO...she is funny :rofl:

However it has made me be a lot more understanding...I find myself googling bible sites and readging some to throw in my responces...and when i re-read my posts as a chrsitian ..I feel PROUD LOL a proud chrsitian... :innocent: <--my proud chrsitian face

But with hairston as the skeptic..and his magic mushrooms LOL he is in a world of his own LOL :rofl:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I find myself googling bible sites and readging some to throw in my responces...

:tu:

Okay I'll play son are you are arent' you christian?????

You really have to ask if I'm a Christian? :huh:

Yeah, well, Iams, I often have to wonder about that, too. You know, you don't really make it clear in your posts. You should stop being so ambiguous, and say what you really think. :P

Yeah, well, Iams, I often have to wonder about that, too. You know, you don't really make it clear in your posts. You should stop being so ambiguous, and say what you really think. :P

OK, I'm sorry, :mellow: I'll try harder to let people know who I am.

why should anyone have to make it clear? some aspects of christanity I like , but I'm not a christian. some think I'm an athiest . I may fall under agnostic in the true sence , but most think of it as akin to athiesim when it isn't.. there hasn't been a belief that I've come across that hasn't had something positive to it. and in that same breath something negative in it as well.

why do we feel the need to limit ourselves by labels? why do we have to choose one over another ? that limitating.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

It was just a joke. No one has to make anything obvious if they don't want to. It was just a joke.

OK, I'm sorry, :mellow: I'll try harder to let people know who I am.

Maybe she just means it as a nice compliment..like you are too ambiguous at times..when it comes to the bible and how you defend it...its ok to defend, its what you believe in

But see IAMS...I have a strong feeling you are more than that...I belive you have more to show...let your natural sense of humour flow along with your posts LOL...relax more...and be how you are in real life...ya know - a lil laid back...down to earth...cuz IAMS I have SEEN you like this in a chat room...you are SO relaxed in there...you dont strike me as too ambiguous...you even show your humour sides also...thats why you have so many friends here on line...because of who you really are

but on a religious thread..its as if you try too hard...and I mean that in a gentle way ...your heart is in the right place at ALL times..we can see this...but those of us that know you..see a lot more to you...we can see your humour side and see your more laid back side..down to earth...thats WHY you are liked by many...you might not even know it yet...but gee man...look around you

IE - in thaphantums thread you made me laugh LOL and I complimented you for it....and I recall thinking...gee I hope IAMS keeps this up..cuz he is so likeable..and more so when he lets himself be like this :D

we lovies you...well I lovies you more than Texas..cuz she lovies her dressing room MORE!!... :lol:

Maybe she just means it as a nice compliment..like you are too ambiguous at times..when it comes to the bible and how you defend it...its ok to defend, its what you believe in

But see IAMS...I have a strong feeling you are more than that...I belive you have more to show...let your natural sense of humour flow along with your posts LOL...relax more...and be how you are in real life...ya know - a lil laid back...down to earth...cuz IAMS I have SEEN you like this in a chat room...you are SO relaxed in there...you dont strike me as too ambiguous...you even show your humour sides also...thats why you have so many friends here on line...because of who you really are

but on a religious thread..its as if you try too hard...and I mean that in a gentle way ...your heart is in the right place at ALL times..we can see this...but those of us that know you..see a lot more to you...we can see your humour side and see your more laid back side..down to earth...thats WHY you are liked by many...you might not even know it yet...but gee man...look around you

IE - in thaphantums thread you made me laugh LOL and I complimented you for it....and I recall thinking...gee I hope IAMS keeps this up..cuz he is so likeable..and more so when he lets himself be like this :D

we lovies you...well I lovies you more than Texas..cuz she lovies her dressing room MORE!!... :lol:

Thanks, BM, :blush: I like you a lot too :wub:

I think you're right, I do sometimes come across too hard on the threads, I'm trying hard not to, but I've always liked a good argument and that's how I see the threads... a place for a good argument... and I love winning arguments :innocent:

Thanks, BM, :blush: I like you a lot too :wub:

I think you're right, I do sometimes come across too hard on the threads, I'm trying hard not to, but I've always liked a good argument and that's how I see the threads... a place for a good argument... and I love winning arguments :innocent:

lol...I am not here to win arguements LOL I am here to give my opinions :rofl:

Hey thanks for the chocolate egg you dropped into my profile lol..i'll help Becky eat it too...well I try to teach her..share and share a like :w00t:

Have a good easter...*passes IAMS a couple of chocie eggs for his kids*...enjoy

We? :huh:

No, you make allegations. There's a difference. In talking and knowing what you're talking about. :) And if you take issue with this Atheist on the forums, I imagine you take issue with the many other Atheists your in discussion with, unawares. Discounting people because they don't believe in your god, so they can't enter into a discussion about such things? Is that it? ^_^

yeah... multiple have told you what they believe... and you stopped asking questions and started making statements... then you assume you know anything about a religion that you don't believe in... lol

phantum i said fear based, it is you and son who are deciding this is what i mean LOL , I can make no claims of whether one is afraid of something or not...Fear as in other than what is natural to you.. most .relgions are fear based dogmas they have convinced you you are other than what you are therefore in need therefore dependent on them for your salvation....if it works for you kool I'm just sharing what i understnad of relgion you are defending yourself for no reason ........It is you who doesn't undertand the nature of the relgion you are in LOL....

lol... the thing about Christians who ACTUALLY read their Bible is that no man can convince them that they are anything other than what we are... people seperated from God by our own actions... and that's the only thing it says we ARE...

some churches may preach that you need to belong to a certain church to be saved... but it doesn't say that in the Bible i read... i don't even go to church... so it is you who does not understand the nature of the religion that i am in... :tu:

You would rather worship a God who kills... that's your prerogative I guess. :blink:

What makes you think that it was a bad thing for the Egyptian gods not to intervene? Perhaps they gave their people free will and allowed them to get on with things without showing up when things didn't go their way to smite people left right and centre.

i'm not talking about free will... i'm talking about gods defending their territory... that's the same as if someone comes into your house and starts beating down your kids... are you just going to stand their?

my point is... the Hebrew God came and destroyed the rivers, sent lice, boils... etc... all were supposedly what these gods controlled... and not only that... He sent them against their worshipers... so why did they stand by and watch... why not even the playing field by trying to defend their people?

You won't hear that argument from me. The God I believe exists does not involve himself with his creation.

just out of pure curiosity... why don't you think the God you believe in doesn't get involved?

lol...I am not here to win arguements LOL I am here to give my opinions :rofl:

Hey thanks for the chocolate egg you dropped into my profile lol..i'll help Becky eat it too...well I try to teach her..share and share a like :w00t:

Have a good easter...*passes IAMS a couple of chocie eggs for his kids*...enjoy

Do I actually have to give them to the kids?

i'm not talking about free will... i'm talking about gods defending their territory...

There have been countless wars, countless dictators... has God involved himself in every last conflict? Every last act of violence? Every wrong deed? Why would any god have to get involved. It's not a turf war we're talking about.

that's the same as if someone comes into your house and starts beating down your kids... are you just going to stand their?

Am I God? No. Then why the comparison?

my point is... the Hebrew God came and destroyed the rivers, sent lice, boils... etc... all were supposedly what these gods controlled... and not only that... He sent them against their worshipers... so why did they stand by and watch... why not even the playing field by trying to defend their people?

Show me the rule book that states that gods must get involved? If there is one then where was the Biblical God when Jews were being gassed to death in Germany in WWII?

just out of pure curiosity... why don't you think the God you believe in doesn't get involved?

My belief that God exists is based in reason, experience and nature. I see no proof around me to suggest that God actively participates in our existence, and none has been provided throughout history, and therefore I do not believe it occurs.

Do I actually have to give them to the kids?

Welll hmmmmmmmm ohh ok then share them out LOL help them eat the eggs lol... :w00t:

There have been countless wars, countless dictators... has God involved himself in every last conflict? Every last act of violence? Every wrong deed? Why would any god have to get involved. It's not a turf war we're talking about.

actually... as PA pointed out... we are indeed talking about a turf war...

Am I God? No. Then why the comparison?

the comparison is asking what you would do if your people were being beaten by a being equal to you in power...

Show me the rule book that states that gods must get involved? If there is one then where was the Biblical God when Jews were being gassed to death in Germany in WWII?

i'm talking about God vs. the gods of Egypt... not man vs. man... why didn't the gods of Egypt try to even the odds? there were either

1) scared

2) non existant

My belief that God exists is based in reason, experience and nature. I see no proof around me to suggest that God actively participates in our existence, and none has been provided throughout history, and therefore I do not believe it occurs.

fair enough... i can accept that...