Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Living in between dimensions or realities

PNewman

thats nothing to joke about. I know a couple of people who've been killed in car accedents, so I don't find it funny

btw great timing on the edit

I always edit. I actually think after I speak. But since I can edit, it is fine.

I am very sure that few would find it funny. But I think that joking may be the intention of the poster.

Well, you are looking at it from the view of a scientist.

Pretty rational way to look at it imo.

Pretty rational way to look at it imo.

It is a rational way indeed, however, it is not a way I would choose to look at it in this situation.

But I am only speaking for myself.

Edited by LaptopLover

I always edit. I actually think after I speak. But since I can edit, it is fine.

I am very sure that few would find it funny. But I think that joking may be the intention of the poster.

Im sure it was the intent of the poster, but it was almost offending.

any connections to biological quantum nonlocality...........

Duane-Behrendt Identical Twins Experiment

Analysis of a paper written over 3 decades ago has led me to a rather interesting conclusion, namely that biological nonlocality may have already been accidentally and unknowingly discovered, albeit in a very rudimentary manner and, in contradiction of both quantum mechanics and special relativity [3]. This paper was written around the same time as Bell’s landmark paper which addressed the problem of nonlocality [4]. This question of nonlocality had first been raised by Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen (EPR), who claimed that if quantum mechanics were a complete model of reality, then nonlocal interactions between particles had to exist [5]. Since they felt that nonlocality was impossible, quantum mechanics either had to be wrong or at least incomplete. An experiment was later performed which showed that nonlocal influences do exist once these particles interact and, that one can test the explicit quantum nature of systems via the use of EPR nonlocality, since this nonlocality cannot be duplicated by a classical system [6,7].

The researchers had noted that the nonscientific literature was replete with instances in which illness or trauma in one of a pair of identical twins affects the other, even when they are far apart. They decided to alter the brain wave pattern of one twin, and see if this would produce a similar response in the brain waves of the other twin. In this instance, the alpha rhythm was utilized, which are brain waves of from 8-13 Hz and approximately 50 microvolts. The alpha rhythm can be elicited when a subject closes his eyes, stares at a uniform unpatterned background or sits in the dark with her eyes open. Since eye closure in a lighted room elicits immediate and reproducible results, it was chosen as the method for investigation.

Identical twins were seated in separate rooms hooked up to EEG machines to measure their brain waves. They were asked to leave their eyes open, until one was instructed to do otherwise. It was noted that in 2 out of 15 pairs of twins tested in this instance, eye closure in one twin not only produced an immediate alpha rhythm in his brain but, also in the brain of the other twin, even though he had kept his eyes open throughout this procedure. Under these conditions it is highly unusual to see an alpha rhythm in the 2nd twin.

Even though these experiments were not carried out in a Faraday chamber, one could interpret the results as favoring biological nonlocality, since they were achieved without conventional classical elicitation of an alpha rhythm in one twin, while it was being evoked under standard conditions in the other twin who had closed his eyes. I have since been informed by one of the researchers that they conducted additional experiments with 50 pairs of twins in which they got not only correlated but, anti-correlated effects where the alpha rhythm could be enhanced, blocked out or overridden by the recipient [8]. And, in which they were able to correlate the alpha rhythm of unrelated subjects!

Grinberg-Zylberbaum EPR Experiment

Experiments were undertaken 30 years later by Grinberg-Zylberbaum, under much more stringent conditions, to determine if nonlocal correlations might occur at complex levels such as the human brain [9]. These experiments tested the possibility of the existence of a transference of specific signals between two brains, in a nonclassical fashion.

Unrelated pairs of subjects were allowed to meditate together until their brains’ EEGs displayed phase coherence. Approximately 25% of the subjects attained what they called quantum correlation or direct communication. The subjects were put into Faraday chambers attached to EEGs. One of the subjects was stimulated by a series of unpatterned flashes of light from a photostimulator, which resulted in an evoked potential being elicited. An evoked potential is a normal electrophysiological brain response produced by a sensory stimulus [10].

When the stimulated subjects showed a distinct evoked potential, similar potentials were found in 25% of the nonstimulated subjects, which they called transferred potentials.

With the use of photostimulation they were able to achieve a much more distinct and replicable evoked potential than that obtained by merely closing one’s eyes. While both techniques revealed the same striking similarity regarding the brain waves being in phase coherence, in neither case was there any transference of conscious subjective experience between the subjects.

I have proposed that in addition to using subjects who have meditated together, that we can also rely upon identical twins and other familial combinations whose brain waves already appear to be in phase coherence due to genetic factors [11]. There is a large body of literature dealing with not only the EEGs of identical twins but, fraternal twins, and mother/son, father/daughter, etc. combinations [12-16]. In addition, it appears that unrelated subjects may possess varying degrees of phase coherence as a result of certain universal genetic factors and empathy. Analysis of both the Duane-Behrendt and Grinberg-Zylberbaum research, appears to reveal that controllable biological quantum nonlocality may have been achieved at that time [17].

main article...... http://redshift.vif.com/JournalFiles/V08NO4PDF/V08N4THA.PDF

:rolleyes::ph34r::rolleyes:

When I was a child I remember talking to my mum about events that had never happened, or visiting cousins I'd never met, tell her about events that "happened me" but apparently I wasn't present or even alive for. Things she's never told me about and I still have a clear picture in my head of. One example being I remember my grandma and grandpa visiting with my uncle and aunt and all her children, playing with them all day and trying to fall asleep with 4 girls in a queen bed and the next day they weren't even there...so yea- I believe you

Nothing like you've experienced; but I've had odd feelings that I've done whatever I'm doing before. I could be in a place I've never been to, doing something I've never done before; and all of a sudden I get this odd feeling that I /have/ done it before. It's almost as if I'm reliving a memory or dream. Quite strange.

And before someone says Deja Vu; that's happened too, but this is... different. Hard to explain.

Nothing to be afraid of, it is 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% certainty that they are mistaken and simply don't acknowledge it. Memory is not reliable and because less and less reliable over time and can easily be influenced by others.

Memory is a funny thing. Often times it's far less accurate than we'd like to believe. I've talked to my mom about memories from my childhood which I could've sworn happened a particular way, while she swears something else happened or that it didn't happen at all.

Wow... amazing stories! The only thing that comes close for me was 9/11/2001, when I felt I was switching back and forth between parallel realities. I had taken a road trip with my (newly wed) husband, who at that time hauled cars cross country in an 18-wheeler. We were in a town near Boston and had to deliver a car in Boston that day. The night before we had parked the truck and gone to sleep, and when we woke up, we switched on the Howard Stern radio show and heard him talk about the planes flying into the WTC. We went to a diner and had breakfast, and all the people in there were gathered around the television, talking about what had happened. Afterwards, we went back to the truck. I felt very drowsy, so I told my hubbie I'd take a nap.

While sleeping, I had the weirdest dream: I dreamed that I woke up in the truck after my nap, saying to my husband, "I just had the weirdest dream: I dreamed the WTC was under attack from terrorists." I told him the whole story, and then we just moved on, driving to Boston to deliver the car.

All of a sudden I woke up and realized that the "normal" scenario, where nothing out of the ordinary had happened, was the DREAM, and the completely SURREAL scenario (the WTC attacks) was "real life." (I'm putting this into quotation marks, because after that morning, I'm not so sure anymore what "real life" is.) After waking up, I felt totally disoriented for at least half an hour and couldn't wrap my mind around what was the dream and what was reality. Sometimes I think I might have briefly slipped into an alternate reality that morning, but then switched back to this one where 9/11 did happen.

Edited by sylvie

I'm on the flip side of not remembering someone. Last time my sister and old friends got together, we started reminiscing about high school and someone mentioned this one girl, Michelle something-or-other. Apparently, we spent a lot of time hanging out with this girl in high school, but try as I might, I just couldn't remember her. They even showed me pictures of us with her. I guess that's what 10 years of drinking and an already kind of bad memory will do to ya. :blush::lol:

• 3 years later...

hi:

Since I remember I always have this crazy sensation that I live in more than one dimension or reality. When I was little I use to see and live one day ahead for weeks and then the things I knew I did I never did them, it happend all over again. I move from the future to the past.

Other times I relive places, things, flavors, smells, meet people from more than 2 t0 3 hundred years ago and looking one day on a history channel I saw the same streets I remember to walk and told my grandmother back then " hey we went there last year" for my surprise was really far away on a other continent, but I was a kid and I remember to live on the place as a grown woman.

to make it crazier before I meet someone on this earth, I meet them years ago on another plane or earth because everything is totally different. and when I switch from one place to another I just hear a bell on my ear ringing from slow to loud until Im back on my room, back on my self.

Sometimes I go to sleep and suddenly Im on a car, or fighting someone and its feels, smell and look real, when I wake up I have bruises or cuts on the places on the other earth I got hurt.

Its kind of crazy because one day I meet someone that tells me I will train you and I don't have the same experience until couple of years later that the same person comes back to see how I am doing with what I learn.

I know is crazy but It could be possible that we transport our selves or spirits from one dimension to another without noticing... For example what I am now is totally different from the me I am in other 8 to 10 different realities. I just wish to switch at my will more often to learn more about it and how to control the crazy thing...

yea! is like taken from a movie but for me is real. I meet my husband on another earth, saw my kids, saw my divorce and all year before I even though I will get married or meet the guy. dint remembered until the same person who teach me things when I was little came back and show me the other reality and the future one on other different worlds.

I even remember to travel on space, see planets and things that the science is just discovering....

does any one have a clue if this is possible or is just bunch of crazy people who have the same weird things going on on their lives.

Can anyone know if theres other dimensions or earth and some of us can just switch from place to place or someone or some thing switch us to show us different things that they want us to know????

Im just clueless...

This is a very interesting thread ...

I was just wandering, could all of these weird experiences have anything to do maybe with multiple personalities?? I've read that people can hold up to 16 different personalities and go so far as to have cancer while in one personality and being totally healthy in the other .. There are numerous weird examples like that in Talbot's "Holographic Universe" ..

I am aware that this is a mental disorder, and I'm not trying to imply any one of you who had these experiences is mentally ill, please don't get me wrong .. I was just wondering could it be somehow connected, because each and every personality for the person is just as real as any other ..

Some experiences described here are absolutely amazing .. Makes you wonder what the concept of space/time actually is .. Where are the boundaries (if there are any at all) and if everything is much more fluctuating than we may be able to percieve ..

not sure why everyone is giving you what most people would consider insane nnonsensical theories. the most likely and logical explanation is a medical problem. you probably have sometging wrong with your brain (sorry).

i would see a doctor and let him know about what is going on. if he has any sense he ill schedule you for an mri.

i also find it funny how the first responder also, coincidently, has the same experiences.. :innocent: keep it real guys

keep it

3 child hood friends I can't remember.. So when I was a kid I had a friend that was a girl my parents said we played together and all and they have a few pictures. And they said we moved.. But I do don't remember her at all? There are 2 more girls that my parents said I was friends with and we moved again.. Can't remember them also... And when I was in 7th grade I got a girl friend, I think it was the last 2 weeks before school ended and they said we will be moving?! I was like really?! The good thing is I remember her but the sad thing is I never got her contact info... What's up with that?! I can remember almost everything else though.

Since most of the time, there's always the word "childhood" or so involved, I assume it's a mental illness that falsify your memory :|

• 2 months later...

I have a story that's interesting for this topic i guess. I'm 16 as of right now and you know how your mind wonders sometimes and you day dream about what would you do with 1 million dollars and stuff like that well when that stuff happens to me its like im there living it and i think i might be seeing whats happening to me in another dimension because i cant control when it happens or what its about. Once i say myself with a girl and i was a little older, about a year later i got a girlfriend and it was then same girl and i said the same thing as my day dream and she said the same thing as in the day dream. So i looked in to stuff like this and found the multiverse theory and it says that there's an unlimited amount of parallel universes all connected but separated so i think im might be connected to the other mes. Crazy right? I thought so too until about a week ago i was walking day dreaming about some random guy I had never seen trying to mug me and me taking him down. I thought that was cool but about 10 mins later a guy i didn't know pulled me into an ally and tried to mug me i mimicked what i say im my day dream and won. So now i write down what i see in my day dreams it usually happens.

Edited by ShawnoBrowning

Check out this thread I started about when people saw my doppleganger. http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=232445&hl= The weirdest thing to me was how people saw the clothes I was wearing too. This gets really weirdly deep into physicality being a mental projection. The one incident where I "split apart" on my front porch and half of me went to feed horses while the other half went in to shower I recall cleraly just before it happened. I was so exhausted that I was literally asleep on my feet . I stood on the porch REALLY wanting a shower and also REALLY not wanting to have to go feed once I was clean and my muscles relaxed from a nice hot shower. So looking back, perhaps in my dazed state, near death and exhausted, my "ghost' popped out. This is not a fabricated story. These events really and truly happened just exactly as the thread describes.

People say that ghosts sometimes feel or act 'residual'...of old habits in life. I know I go into "autopilot" when I do some tasks even today. There is a school of thought that says the soul is separate from the personality/flesh host/mind/body/physical. If you think of it like how energy flows through a computer that then does things and runs certain programs, it makes sense. The energy isn't the computer, nor is the computer the energy. But the energy is as real as the computer and the two working together give us our real day to day working programs. Like the one I'm using to type this here right now. The energy can manifest in different areas in different ways without the computer, but no computer will run without energy.

Back to the doppleganger. What I experienced and have memory of of that incident from the porch was going in and gathering my clothes. The spiritual "me" had decided on that. Meanwhile the physical me went into autopilot to go feed at the same time. How do I know this? From the perspective of the onlookers. The two girls saw me in my complete physicality, dressed in my work clothes covered in drywall mud, walking out to the stalls to feed. Yet when one came into my room to get the phone, she did not see me at all. This is why she screamed loudest when seconds later I walked out of that room through the only door she had just come in, with an armload of clean clothes. The part I'm stumped on is the "physical me" was a mere projection, as it did no work at all. There was, later, no hay in the mangers or pellets, no evidence of the "physical solid me" having done anything. Meanwhile the invisible thinking me, the one that has memory of the events, actually produced an armload of clothes! How about that to twist your mind around?

It might explain why some hauntings are things moving around and others are mere "going through the motions" visible projections?

I have wondered if the other diminsion idea could possibly explain Maladaptive daydreaming disorder. Where people have like an alternate life running paralell to their reality. They see it in their minds, like a daydream. Many feel trapped in their real body, like maybe their soul is in the other realm. Now there are many who claim to have MDD but really just enjoy laying around famtasizing about being rich and famous. I am not talking about them, but those who have little to no control over the visions or events that go on in these "waking dreams" Are we watching our other lives? Is the split leaving our current real selves empty shells? There is a large online group of MDD people who share these experiences, many have other mental dianoses as well.

It's one thing to "maladaptively daydream". It's quite another to produce an image that multiple witnesses can see while other witnesses see you in another place at exactly the same time. That happened to me several times actually...with the witnesses and all. Do they talk about the doppleganger at the mdd site? A link?

It's one thing to "maladaptively daydream". It's quite another to produce an image that multiple witnesses can see while other witnesses see you in another place at exactly the same time. That happened to me several times actually...with the witnesses and all. Do they talk about the doppleganger at the mdd site? A link?

nope, not about dopplegangers, though I would like to know more.

http://wildminds.ning.com/

Well dopplegangers are actual visible projections of people that can be seen by others. In history there are accounts of people interacting with them too, having conversations etc while that person was lying in a bed or some such, sometimes hundreds or even thousands of miles away under the watch of other people who swear to it at the same time and day.

Since most of the time, there's always the word "childhood" or so involved, I assume it's a mental illness that falsify your memory :|

I think you're on the right track here, although I wouldn't go so far as to term it 'mental illness' as some of the stories here seem consistent with the fact that memory is not a perfect recording of a previous time in your life. Some quick quotes from the always excellent skepdic.com concerning memory:

"How accurate and reliable is memory? Studies on memory have shown that we often construct our memories after the fact, that we are susceptible to suggestions from others that help us fill in the gaps in our memories. That is why, for example, a police officer investigating a crime should not show a picture of a single individual to a victim and ask if the victim recognizes the assailant. If the victim is then presented with a line-up and picks out the individual whose picture the victim had been shown, there is no way of knowing whether the victim is remembering the assailant or the picture. "

"Another interesting fact about memory is that studies have shown that there is no significant correlation between the subjective feeling of certainty a person has about a memory and the memory being accurate. "

"Memory is so malleable that we should be very cautious in claiming certainty about any given memory without corroborative evidence. Researchers have found that false memories can be created by manipulating photos of historical events. The doctored images can be used inadvertently or intentionally to alter the memory of the event and affect beliefs and future behaviors."

Just food for thought. One thing that always comes to my mind concerning claims like this is that there are two options:

1) The person is simply mistaken about what they have experienced or, in this case, the memory is not as accurate as believed. Both of these are extremely commonplace and supported by numerous scientific studies.

2) You are actually experiencing something, in this case moving between alternate realities, that if actually true would profoundly and fundamentally change our understanding of just about everything, and would be the greatest discovery in history if it could be demonstrated to be true.

Which is more likely?

you are experience some of the secret about your mind. i been those time before. sometimes it tell a bit about the future activity of mine, its like a deja vu. it made you feel like you been there before and next thing you know its different result.

usually if i remember i will just say "oh..." and just act normal.

This happened to me about two times definitively. It was rather small, for me, compared to OP. My first experience was about a necklace, actually. My mom got a necklace, and she and my step-dad were about to go out on a date. Her, my step-dad, my brother and I were all chatting in the kitchen. I remember telling her how much I liked it, how pretty I thought it was. Then she never wears it again.

About a year later, she had thrown a jewelry party and got to pick some free jewelry out of a book because of how much money she had made. We were sitting on the couch together, looking through it, when I see her necklace on the pages of the magazine. I said, "Oh, there's your necklace!" I might have asked her why she didn't wear it anymore, but I don't remember for sure.

She immediately told me, "No, I've never seen that necklace before," very confused as to why I thought she had it. I was convinced that she already owned it. She was convinced she hadn't. That was my first experience. It was about two years ago.

My second was with a therapist. I would go to the appointments, and when they would drag on and on and on, I would check the clock to see how close the appointment was to being over. I remember doing this several times. But one day, the clock wasn't there anymore. I asked my counselor where it was, and she assured me that she never even had a clock, even though she had thought about getting one. This was about a year ago.

I think more things might have happened like this other than those two because sometimes I'll get something out and then suddenly it'll be back where it was before. I just sort of blew it off as me being forgetful, but to the degree that it happened was way to extreme to be simple forgetfulness. For example, one time before school, I got a cup down to take my antidepressants, and after I was opening the bottle and grabbing the pills, the glass was up in the cupboard in a different place. I just thought I was imagining stuff. But now, after reading this, I'm thinking differently.

My theory involves String Theory, actually. :)Here's a link explaining all the dimensions, up to 10, and

. It was easier for me to understand the article, because I could go back and reread it until it made sense.

With the knowledge from the article, I came up with this idea: There are multiple realities, some very similar to others, but eventually the entire set of realities gets too big, so it merges some to save what I think of as "file space" and there are glitches in the merging. Because of those glitches, or maybe because they're simply more aware, some people notice the discrepancies. I think the entirety of reality (in the sense of String Theory) as a folder on your computer with many files in it. The files will spawn other files until the folder gets so big and takes up so much memory that it starts to slow your entire computer down. Many of the files are nearly identical, so you create a computer program that merges highly similar programs together to save space.

The more I think of it, the more nuances I see to the theory, and there could be many, many flaws to it that I don't see. But as far a completely hypothetical theory, I don't think it's too shabby. :3

(Oh, and by the way, this is my first post on this site! ^w^ Kinda crazy long for a first post, haha.)