Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boundaries of the mind..............

charleroi66

:sj  I have recently thought of a phrase which demeans us all; the unxplained is just outside the limit of our minds. Such as maths, kids who haven't the fogiest would soon extend those boundaries.

Technically, ghosts and aliens are outside those boundaries.

The boundaries of science too, need to be extended perhaps including this area as it is there, just not thought whilst outside our brains boundaries.

It's like going into a black room. Don't know whats there or not there. It could be anything from normal to undreamt of.

Perhaps we should enter that black room, and switch the light on.............. :s01

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cerberus

• Althalus

• Saru

• Loonboy

Charleroi,

Hmm, deep.. very deep..

Well, I can only appreciat when someone says such things! I needed that, finally some stuff to think about! :sk

Odin S. :s9

The first thing I thought about when I read this post was 'Phase Space'.

the existence of everything and all possibilities of everything, that either could or will exist.

Although entering an alien would probably be painful.  

• 1 month later...

the brain needs stimulation.....without it we become bored.any telekinesis,telepathy,psychic, healing/miracles or other skills we have, have been forgotten.only a handful of people seem to possess any kind of the skills mentioned.of course, you will name famous names like...Jesus, Nostradamus and Edgar Cayce, maybe even Albert Einstein.But it seems as everything is done for us these days.....i mean food is available, etc. Of course, technology has come on, but who knows that the inca's and other evolved peoples didn't use telekinesis to move large objects and so forth? the truth as Einstein quoted 'we are like a child walking into a large library...we know the information is there, but first you have got to know how to use it' this meaning....that we know we have unused parts of our brain.So what are they for? similar story to the appendix..it's a useless organ now.but why is it there if its has no use? does that have a spiritual connection with the brain? does it link the body to the mind?? :sr :sk :s6

Hmm, so abilities such as telepathy or healing, now considered phenomenal, are just normal human aptitudes, slowly shrinking with time because of our own boredom? If that's the case, then I wonder what else we have to loose, if we do have anything else to loose... :s6

You've made some fascinating points about ancient  construction "technology"--telekinesis to move large objects and so forth-now that's something to think about! :D ... Also to consider if the appendix has any unknown function...  :sj

:sf[blue]

I believe that our minds are like vast seas and we're standing at the shoreline. We can see only so much of it and don't know how far it's reach extends.

When we speak about telekenisis or telepathy or precognition etc, these are very human abilities which are outside of our understanding of how the mind works and how it affects its environment.

From personal experience I have had moments of telepathy and moments of precognition. I don't need any proof that they exist.

I believe that it is our modern (ie. in the last 1000 years) lifestyles which are focused and intent upon logic and science which have shifted us away from instinct and towards reason. We are intent upon the 'here and now' and what we can prove by our own limited sciences. No wonder our latent psychic abilities have atrophied.

[/blue] :sg

this is just my opinion, as with all my postings... but are we on the verge of re-discovering a hidden function of our brains or did we just forget it over time? do we have it at all? i'm just banding around crazy ideas here.if you all disagree then fair enouf, but what is our brain body fully capable of ??

i personally believe every human today has unused skills.here, is one more point i would like to bring up..    it seems strange to me, that every 'alien' i see, 'true sighting' or 'hoaxed' has no ears.why? have they evolved into telepaths? if they can't hear, then in my theory.. speech would be distorted too.my evidence is that deaf humans from birth, cannot pronounce words because they cannot hear themselves to correct themselves.we learn best from our mistakes, right? i mean no offence to deaf people.if we don't have telepathy, how would aliens communicate with us? i know most of the alien speech stories i have heard, say that the language is garbled.is this because they are deaf to sounds? in that sense do they leave pictures or symbols for us to read,(crop circles and other strange pictures) because they know that they can't communicate with us with speech? 1/2

I hadn't really noticed until now that most sketches and descriptions of alleged aliens that people have encountered, seem to lack ears.

It's reasonable to think that a more advanced civilization of beings would have developed a more advanced means with which to communicate with one another, and telepathy could easily be one such way.

Is that why SETI has failed to pick up any alien signals ?

Perhaps radio communications are somewhat obselete to a species with telepathic abilities.

Whether or not there are aliens visiting our planet in the present or any time in the past, the idea that an advanced alien race could use telepathy to communicate is certainly an interesting one, and we may see ourselves doing something similar in millennia to come.

:sr  :su  :sr

i'm only opinionizing from how we see evolution on earth.i think it could well be possible, that these 'aliens' have gone thru the same troubles as us in civilisation on a different planet or solar system.are aliens what we will evolve to be in hundreds of years? the lack of hair or a fur coat says to me that they may have their own self warming and cooling system.i.e cold blooded, and warm blooded.some sharks have a system that enables them to swim in cold and warm water.also, what environment would aliens live in? water, or atmosphere? the suggestion that aliens have a nose, although smaller than a humans, still may say that they have the function to breathe air.the eyes are big and black, is this because they live in dimmed or low light and need to see more light to see? obviously until we find a real alien type we will not know.thank u for ur time folks.. :sj

• 1 month later...

Another question, if the aliens communicate through telepathy, then they would not need any other type of communication device, as the telepathy would work no matter how far the person you were trying to contact was away from the sender, because if there was a limit to how far you could be from the receiving person, what would be the point in it?

• 3 months later...

i cannot dissagree with any of the previous points.

personally, i think that we have lost abilities we used to have, and maybe our ancestors were technologically advances, but we hae lost it...........or were the technology and the mental powers were taken and made recessed....by other worldly beings, i mean alot of people have heard of the "ancient Astronaughts" (from a long time ago).