Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Soule's Chapel, Somerset, KY

veledran

I was curious as to if anyone has ever done a investigation to this site. I'be been multiple times ver the years and have found the site to be very active.

We've had a ton of orbs, fog coming from graves, voices of women, children, men, sometimes louder than us.

My first EVP at the site was with Bill Scott, we got a male voice saying "There's the book". Course we never found out what it meant. We used a voice analyzing program and it should that it was too high of a sound for humans to make.

We've had names called out that ended up being names on tombstones, a feeling inside (the now burned down chapel) like the gravity was increased and we were being pushed down.

I have a picture that I took after my camera starting zooming in and out repeatedly without me touching it. Sorry about the size, I've been trying to get a copy of the original, but it is currently with the Southern Ghost Research group.

post-31038-1177884216_thumb.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cphtchic

• Ignus Fatuus

• veledran

• JustNormal

looks like a little smiley face

I was curious as to if anyone has ever done a investigation to this site. I'be been multiple times ver the years and have found the site to be very active.

We've had a ton of orbs, fog coming from graves, voices of women, children, men, sometimes louder than us.

My first EVP at the site was with Bill Scott, we got a male voice saying "There's the book". Course we never found out what it meant. We used a voice analyzing program and it should that it was too high of a sound for humans to make.

We've had names called out that ended up being names on tombstones, a feeling inside (the now burned down chapel) like the gravity was increased and we were being pushed down.

I have a picture that I took after my camera starting zooming in and out repeatedly without me touching it. Sorry about the size, I've been trying to get a copy of the original, but it is currently with the Southern Ghost Research group.

hey vele

some more info on the site itself may get us rolling :geek: ......B

halfhandshuffle::ramones-PT

looks like a little smiley face

Looks more like a scary face to me..::rubbing eyes:: Should check again.. :unsure2:

Soule's Chapel is the Oldest Methodist Cemetery and Second Oldest Cemetery in Pulaski County, Kentucky. It is off of Hwy. 80 and dates back to 1857 replacing an older log chapel, called Gragg's Chapel, that was on site. The oldest marker I could find was 1844 although many sunken, unmarked graves are there.

It was named after Bishop Soule, head of the local Methodist Church.

I've heard that it was used as a Civil War hospital (the city of Somerset was taken over several times) and that the floor was soaked in blood. I've also heard about a suicide involving a preacher and several members within the chapel. (can't find any historic accounts of these events)

There was a seperation in the church over the war, and those who favored the Union left to form their own church.

It had caught fire once in 1973, but was saved. Later (2005 or 2006) two teens burned it down.

It stopped being used for services in the early 1900's and since then have been the site of KKK meetings, parties, and rituals for wannabe Satanists.

A dirt road leads up to it and it is surrounded on one side by woods, one side by the road, and two sides by pastures.

I see a huge smiley face!

• 2 weeks later...
It had caught fire once in 1973, but was saved. Later (2005 or 2006) two teens burned it down.

Sorry, meant 1873.

Yo Veledran, would there be any chance of uploading any of the EVP? :tu:

• 7 months later...

Hey! We did four separate investigations and they can be found at www.kentuckyspirithunters.com. I am the founder and lead investigator and this was the site for our first official investigation for our group. We caught some great photos, Great Soule's Photo and Scary Soule's Photo are the best ones. You have to have the contrast set on your monitor to as light as possible to be able to actually see the red mist of the demonic face we captured, otherwise it was so incredibly dark that night that is all you will get. We got 2 great EVPs that are also on the website. Many rumors have surrounded the location. We had been told by several different sources that the preacher was actually murdered instead of a suicide. There is definitely some strange and not so pleasant entities at Soule's. You can read the entire write up of the four investigations we did plus all the photos and EVPs and the one video clip worth posting that we got on the website. The first night investigation, in particular was very unsettling and scary. We got ran out of there by something that was in no way human or kind. It was quite an experience. Wanted to be sure to post this for everyone to see for themselves since this is such a wild place!

Hey! We did four separate investigations and they can be found at www.kentuckyspirithunters.com. I am the founder and lead investigator and this was the site for our first official investigation for our group. We caught some great photos, Great Soule's Photo and Scary Soule's Photo are the best ones. You have to have the contrast set on your monitor to as light as possible to be able to actually see the red mist of the demonic face we captured, otherwise it was so incredibly dark that night that is all you will get. We got 2 great EVPs that are also on the website. Many rumors have surrounded the location. We had been told by several different sources that the preacher was actually murdered instead of a suicide. There is definitely some strange and not so pleasant entities at Soule's. You can read the entire write up of the four investigations we did plus all the photos and EVPs and the one video clip worth posting that we got on the website. The first night investigation, in particular was very unsettling and scary. We got ran out of there by something that was in no way human or kind. It was quite an experience. Wanted to be sure to post this for everyone to see for themselves since this is such a wild place!

WOW You have some pretty impressive photos there. The one with the red glow gave me the chills..JN :tu:

WOW You have some pretty impressive photos there. The one with the red glow gave me the chills..JN :tu:

Yeah, it did us too once we got home and saw what we had captured. We didn't see anything while we were actually down there that night but kept hearing footsteps from light 10-15 feet behind us. Then, after we got home, we saw all the orbs we had captured along with the red mist manifestation and the glowing eyes in the tree. Then, listening to the audio, we realized we had those 2 distinct EVPs. We actually captured some more voices but did not post them because we could not make anything out, it came out as just random voices and weird noise.

Yeah, it did us too once we got home and saw what we had captured. We didn't see anything while we were actually down there that night but kept hearing footsteps from light 10-15 feet behind us. Then, after we got home, we saw all the orbs we had captured along with the red mist manifestation and the glowing eyes in the tree. Then, listening to the audio, we realized we had those 2 distinct EVPs. We actually captured some more voices but did not post them because we could not make anything out, it came out as just random voices and weird noise.

WOW I am skeeered of EVP's anyway, but you sure got some great shots. Good job..JN

• 2 weeks later...
Cool site cphtchic. I bookmarked it. :)

Thanks clover! We are taking a small break over the holidays but plan on doing a lot more investigations of tons of places in 2008!

WOW I am skeeered of EVP's anyway, but you sure got some great shots. Good job..JN

Thanks JN! I can honestly say we never expected to get all of the evidence that we did at Soule's Chapel. I have a good team working with me and it seemed like the spirits responded well to our energy.

• 2 months later...

We have investigates Soule's Chapel numourous times. It is kind of like home for my investigation team. Anytime we are not doing something else or when we just feel the need to return to a familiar place we go to soules chapel. Now I know your thinking why would you continuouly go back to the same place. Everytime we return to the chapel we pick up just a little more. We are hoping that one day we will pick up some valuable evidence that is undeniable. We have caught all kinds of evp's and some awesome pics that are on our website. www.freewebs.com/somparanormal

I was looking at the Great Soule's Photo from the Kentucky Spirit Hunters' website in Photoshop, and boosted brightness & contrast and holy crap, that is one terrifying photo.

linked-image

I clearly see the upper half of an almost demonic face. I can clearly see the small pinpoint pupil like in the Scary Soule's photo. In fact, there's a dot similar to it up and right of the freaky face.

Great shots, man. Scary as hell! How did you feel about the atmosphere there?

Edited by Sucker

• 1 year later...

If you are going all the way to Somerset .. why not come up here to Booger Hollow and play around.

With Soule's Chapel link onto ky shadow chasers I believe that they are set up in Somerset and may be able to give you some info on this place ... yet I say Booger Hollow all the way!!!!

We have investigates Soule's Chapel numourous times. It is kind of like home for my investigation team. Anytime we are not doing something else or when we just feel the need to return to a familiar place we go to soules chapel. Now I know your thinking why would you continuouly go back to the same place. Everytime we return to the chapel we pick up just a little more. We are hoping that one day we will pick up some valuable evidence that is undeniable. We have caught all kinds of evp's and some awesome pics that are on our website. www.freewebs.com/somparanormal

Somerset paranormal ... nice.

If you want a "sacred" place to visit ... respond and I will spill the beans on Booger Hollow up here near the Red River Gorge.

If you are serious about the paranormal and live this close ... you would be crazy not to visit ... :tu:

Somerset paranormal ... nice.

If you want a "sacred" place to visit ... respond and I will spill the beans on Booger Hollow up here near the Red River Gorge.

If you are serious about the paranormal and live this close ... you would be crazy not to visit ... :tu:

I was at Red River Gorge this past fall. I'll have to head back in the spring. Care to share?

I was at Red River Gorge this past fall. I'll have to head back in the spring. Care to share?

Not at all and I will give you some details also on how sacred that the RR Gorge was regarded to the Native Americans ... many, many tribes through many, many centuries buried many, many Natives here. It is also known for the amount of Native American Chiefs who were taken here from many hunderds of miles away to be buried.

I will gather my information etc. together and send it to you. I will also post it here for anyone else close enough to give it a try.

The Red River Gorge and its near surrounding area is the reason why I can seriously state this ... I have never chased after the paranormal, the paranormal is all around me. Never hunted the paranormal ... the not normal found me.

And the best thing about it is the fact that it is relatively unknown in regards to being haunted. Only the locals know .. well do not know, but know about the things which go bump in the night around here. Is it hauted??? I do not know. The orbs, Shadow People and accoustic bangs around here could be due to the Native American gravesites, or it could be that these orbs, SP's, bangs were here before the Natives and this is why they held it so sacred and buried many dead here.

Ever sit by yourself in the middle of an indian burial ground, three miles from the nearest house??? This is not macho for me as the house I grew up in is in the middle of these woods yet, when you go to the right places here ... screwy things just happen. Have a dentist appointment in the morning ... <_< , I'll get back as soon as I can.

Thanks. :) It's not very far at all from where I live, I think I'll consider it again for a spring break vacation. We were there last year, but didn't do much except hiking, I think this will give us a good excuse to do a bit more. I'm interested in hearing whatever else you might know about the history of the land.

Thanks. :) It's not very far at all from where I live, I think I'll consider it again for a spring break vacation. We were there last year, but didn't do much except hiking, I think this will give us a good excuse to do a bit more. I'm interested in hearing whatever else you might know about the history of the land.

You bet and I would love sharing it. Most of this is just theories which I have discovered, yet the striking correlations between these theories and this place are remarkable. The history is kind of shaded since Native Americans did not have written records, yet much has been discovered that points out the vast history of this area such as Natural Bridge State Park also here. The Cherokees held the area underneath the Natural Bridge Arch as sacred. This bridge is actually just south of the Red River Gorge and about two linear miles north of many of these gravesites.

I will send you what I know in a message. As I have told others through messages, this would not be like your normal excursions but would be very benificial to come and enjoy. I'll send it soon ... as for now breaks over and here comes my homeroom. Time to go home .... :D