Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

101 Last Days Prophecies

Phantom

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nxt2Hvn

• Xenojjin

• PsychicPenguin

• Nethius

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing Phantom! Very Interesting! thumbsup.gif

I am always interested in prophecies... Not necessarilly predictions... but actual prophecies from biblical text.

I'm saving this site into my favorites! wink2.gif

Hmmm...

If you click and read the actual bible text, these prophecies are extremely drawn out of context. Also some of them simply says things like "There will be War" or "There will be deadly diseases", which is the kind of prophecy that I can make quite easily.

Also, these bible verses explain them all.

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.(Matthew 24:34)

And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

(Mark 9:1)

Matthew 24 address the issue of the end of the world. Verse 34 says that the end is supposed to be within Jesus' generation. The same goes for Mark 9:1. I suggest that people stop using the bible for predicting doomsday.

Hey .. you believe your way .. and I will believe mine! thumbsup.gif

If you click and read the actual bible text, these prophecies are extremely drawn out of context. Also some of them simply says things like "There will be War" or "There will be deadly diseases", which is the kind of prophecy that I can make quite easily.

yep, i noticed that too, isn't that the same for all prophecies anyways?

Despite my christianity , I don't always see bible prophecies as valid prophecies all the time either . They were written in a way that they could be understood for generations to come .

A small problem with the way the bible is written is going off topic and returning to it . that verse in matthew refers to the generation that will see all of the sighns discussed in matthew 24:13-31 , not the generation at his time . read it over more carefully and you will see what I mean .

As for mark 9:1 , read beforehand for once ... geez . That one is obvious . Jesus is talking about his OWN death and how some of them will witness it ( read the verses before it if you dont believe me ) , in which case what he says is appropriate . ( when jesus died the earth shook and the curtain of the tabernackle was torn for semingly no reason . Also , when he resurected for the firs time many people witnessed the power of heaven pulling him up . Hence , see the kingdom of god come with power . )

But then again , these prophecies are written in a way that makes them open to interpratation . So I get what you mean .

thumbsup.gif

I agree with most of your post Xenojjin. Glad that you're not the Christian that curse everything as the antichrist, and you consider alternative interpretation of the bible.

Regarding the scriptures, I can see that your interpretation of Mark makes more sense, but not for Matthew, unless you put "the bible must be true" as the main assumption. I would rather adhere to Jesus' teaching that nobody knows the hour, in other words, all prophecies using the bible are pointless.

Its pretty much like that . When I read the bible I always take into account what many other christians should take into account as well . And that is the fact that the bible has been in esscence , translated from the dead sea scrolls , to hebrew , to king James version , and then to plain NIV english version .

Needless to say , you cant tell if the bible is wrong or right if you pick it apart word for word . You must find the overall concept of the text when reading it . The only things I gather on the antichrist scriptures that is pretty set in stone is their is no exact known date he will come , he will fool many into thinking he is god / wants to give world peace , he will make people take some kind of mark on them ( like a tatoo ) , And finally in the end he screws over all the poor fools he tricked . Everything else you just cant be too sure of due to translation issues.