Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant skeletons in North America/Grand Canyon

Wickian

4 meters tall? thats a 50cms dicky!!! oh, no more jokes. Interesting subject by the way, didnt know about this.

in peninsula iberica we dont need to be 4mts tall to have it....

• Like 1

in peninsula iberica we dont need to be 4mts tall to have it....

No, there they have grown arms and legs, lol.

Just kidding.

I'm very open minded to the possibility of an unknown human ancestor(there was more than just us and the Neanderthals after all) having existed. There was the pigmy breed called Homo floresiensis after all. It isn't too far fetched for there to be a giant breed as well.

It does seem unlikely, but not entirely inconceivable that the religious folk in control at the time didn't want inconvenient discoveries that contradicted their teachings becoming public, so they got rid of the evidence.

Highly unlikely since giants would help support the belief of some that the bible is historically accurate ( reference to goliath)

Considering that Jaylemurph hasn't posted in a very, VERY long time you do realize you're wasting your breath, right?

cormac

I don't care how long it's been really.... I come and go from this site and I hate how he attempts to bully people. And over the years he throws his own opinion or beliefs as all mighty facts.

Allot of new people over time have attempted to post or ask questions that interest them. And instead of either informing or teaching he bully's and belittles. It get's old trying to hear people ideals on subjects and hearing people like him and a few other trolls high jack the thread before it really gets going. Plus it chases other like minded people away. People come here and to other similar sites so that they won't be attack or scoffed at..

• 2 years later...

I am up here on the Navajo reservation in New Mexico/Arizona. In speaking with Navajo elders, their traditions speak of giants that used to walk these lands that were cannibals, and that would hunt and eat their people. There is one story of how they managed to trap 7 of these giants in a cave, and then light it on fire and kill them. I would imagine there are giant skeletons here somewhere.

Which have turned up in Utah and Mormon folk law- they apparently had red hair and their discovery was covered up by (IIRC) the Smithsonian.

Or not, as the reality may be (Snopes debunked it a while ago).

I dont really see the problem ... even for a Christian re David and Goliath .... if they went so God damned literal about everything !

andre-the-giant3.jpg

But some Christians have to twist things so stupidly that it makes them and their religion less believable ... I mean, what;s the point of that ?

874442478.gif

I come from a race of giants - once, we sent our giant leader over to meet the Chinese.

archive_scmp_a19517_11928815.jpg?itok=9rGOLfVu

• Like 2

Hey Andre was just 7'4" and 500 pounds (224 cm and 225 kg) a tiny giant

He had some serious health issues as time went on.

Many big people do usually with the back and joints which have problems with the weight.

Yeah, people tend to forget about scaling.

Human shaped is not the best for height.

Heck, our backs arent great for our average height.

Yeah, people tend to forget about scaling.

Human shaped is not the best for height.

Heck, our backs arent great for our average height.

It’s called the Principle of Similitude.

It says doubling the size of an animal while keeping its proportions the same increases the cross-sectional area of its muscles and bones by a factor of four while increasing its weight by a factor of eight. Simply put, strength increases with the square of height while bulk increases with the cube. This principle explains (among many other things) why people can’t fly like birds — our weight is too great in relation to our strength.

I am up here on the Navajo reservation in New Mexico/Arizona. In speaking with Navajo elders, their traditions speak of giants that used to walk these lands that were cannibals, and that would hunt and eat their people. There is one story of how they managed to trap 7 of these giants in a cave, and then light it on fire and kill them. I would imagine there are giant skeletons here somewhere.

Maybe you mean the Lovelock Cave? Try typing it into the Unexplained Mysteries search engine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovelock_Cave

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si-Te-Cah

The ole Smithsonian is just an extension of the government. Someone finds something, they step in to condemn it and it's taken, hidden and wala...is never to be seen again. Ask if it's been archived over the years and their answer will be "never heard of it and don't know what you're talking about!" Can't believe a word anyone says anymore...especially when it comes to those who sit on high.

The ole Smithsonian is just an extension of the government. Someone finds something, they step in to condemn it and it's taken, hidden and wala...is never to be seen again. Ask if it's been archived over the years and their answer will be "never heard of it and don't know what you're talking about!" Can't believe a word anyone says anymore...especially when it comes to those who sit on high.

Don't be too harsh on them. They secretly sell the artifacts on the black market. If they didn't the U.S. national debt would be about 6 trillion higher than it is.

• Like 4

You just may be right about that Jarocal...going to the highest bidding corporation around or at least the one's who hold all cards within their hands.

The ole Smithsonian is just an extension of the government.

One would hope so as it IS administered by the government and until 1960 it was considered the national museum

Someone finds something, they step in to condemn it and it's taken, hidden and wala..

That's the story yet no one has ever sued (legitimately) over this and one has to ask why would the government care about some of the thing said to be have been taken?

s never to be seen again.

If it ever existed in the first place, blaming the museum for stuff that doesn't exist seems to be a common fringe meme.

Ask if it's been archived over the years and their answer will be "never heard of it and don't know what you're talking about!" Can't believe a word anyone says anymore...especially when it comes to those who sit on high.

What if that is the correct answer? Lets say you are a nutter and find what you think is a giant human's skull and you send it off to the Smithsonian - they take a look find its a giant sloth and classify it as that....would that mean they stole the human giants head? Another good trick done by one guy whose name escapes me (probably anecdotal; he sent by registered mail a box to the Smithsonian that was found to full of common dirt, he then claimed - and had the registered receipt - for his fossilize human remains

If you are still in college may I suggest you volunteer for the Smithy intern program then you can find all the stuff they are hiding,

http://www.smithsonianofi.com/internship-opportunities/

One oddity I have always found amusing about giants, why are they only found in the US? I mean are all the world governments all hiding giants even the ones that aren't evil or Christian or whatever? Why are giants not found all over the world? Why did none of these skeletons found in the 18th and 19th century survive given the great belief at that time in the Bible and Biblical giants? lol

• Like 1

I read an old newspaper article about that place in the grand canyon. It said there were alot more than skeletons but vast underground caverns with an odd room of thrones and old chalices of various ages with odd art that contained lotus and looked like a mixture between Egyptian and asian. Has anybody else heard of that expedition?

I read an old newspaper article about that place in the grand canyon. It said there were alot more than skeletons but vast underground caverns with an odd room of thrones and old chalices of various ages with odd art that contained lotus and looked like a mixture between Egyptian and asian. Has anybody else heard of that expedition?

Yeah its was from a newspaper article: THE ARIZONA GAZETTE of April 5th, 1909

http://www.spiritofm...ov2/gazette.htm

It has no basis in fact

Edited by Hanslune

I recall David Hatcher Childress doing a piece on it in his "Lost Cultures of the Americas" book. It did smack a little of "coverup" but more of Clancy's Gold, you know "found this, there was a flood and the landscape changed and I lost the way", that sort of thing.

I find it odd that anyone would use the Grand Canyon as a repository of goods, it flood terribly and access is awful.

It's 100% Indiana Jones stuff if you ask me, I'd love for it to be real.

You gots to hide your **** somewhere or the Giants will get it.

Harte

• Like 1

Not being well informed on ancient literature, I also wonder if there isn't a similar saying like we have today of "standing on the shoulders of giants" or "giants of industry," where the reference isn't the statute of the person, but their character.

The Smithsonian doesn't get all (or even a fraction) of the finds, and honestly would refuse to accept some things. That's the role of regional and local museums. When there's a find in my area, it's the staff of local university museums and the large regional museums that authenticate it and curate it. (I know this because I've been volunteering with museums for about 11 years. Kmt_Sesh, who also does museum volunteer work, can confirm that the Smithsonian only has a tiny fraction of things found...and not always the most important finds. Kmt_Sesh's museum, in fact, has better dinosaur material than the Smithsonian does.)

Here's a list of museums (including museums with a local focus that were in operation at the time of the supposed find) that would have ended up with the material -- if it was real:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_museums_in_Arizona

The Deer Valley Petroglyph site has a lot of ancient artifacts (no giants, but a wonderful cultural center) and the Museum of Natural History and Museum of Science both have huge collections that were started over a century ago.

• Like 1