Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yonaguni Island's Ancient Monument...?

Pendekar Timur

Yonaguni Island's Ancient Monument...??

user posted image

Yonaguni is a small island at the western most tip of Japan, a 1.5 hour flight southwest of Okinawa mainland. Rarely visited by western divers, you can be one of the first to explore the awe-inspiring Yonaguni Stone Monuments that some believe to be a 'lost city'. Aratake san, a local diver, discovered the monuments in 1985 and since then geologists, archaeologists and documentary producers have all been trying to solve the mystery that shrouds this site. The hotly debated question is whether the monuments are man-made or naturally made. The perfect, rectangular, seemingly carved corners make it difficult to believe that they’re a natural phenomenon. However, if they are proven to be man-made then this would change history as we know it and the idea of a lost civilization will be ushered in. Recently tools aged at 10,000 years old were found close by to the monuments boosting the idea that this lost city may be the smoking gun that supporters of ancient civilizations have been searching for.

Dated at 10-12,000 years old it has been suggested that Iseki Point, home to The Stage and The Stadium was used as a docking bay and also a sacred place of worship. As the debate rages on, mystery, history and culture combined make this the most unique dive site in the world, so why not come along with us so you can draw your own conclusion.

user posted image

disgust.gif well..what do you think palls..??

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wunarmdscissor

• r.griffin

• crystal sage

• Pendekar Timur

clap.gifclap.gif Hey I love it clap.gifclap.gif Over the last decade or so, many sunken cities are coming to life. Our ancestors are resurfacing.

This site at Yonaguni seems to be man made. Is there anything in Ancient Japanese texts that may suggest if a city around this area actually existed? This could be a starting point. cool.gif

here some more....

user posted image

see...

user posted image

and..

user posted image

by the way,i'm sorry cause i cant find any Ancient japanese text.......

all i know is They called - GODDESS, IZANAMI: "SHE WHO INVITES"

original.giforiginal.gif enjoy...

Absolutly facinating.

Do you know if the area has been mapped yet. It would be interesting to see if the lay out was simular to the surrounding cities of its time.

thumbsup.gif

The land of Mu refers to Lemuria if I am not mistaken. There was a documentary on the Discovery channel few months ago about these structures below the island. They pretty much concluded that it is impossible to be a natural formation.

Here is the Link

www.burlingtonnews.net/leumurian1.html

I don’t like to refer to it as “Lumaria” because two different writers with great imaginations made the term “Lumaria” in to a joke (my personal belief ), the first H.P. Blavatsky claimed that Lumarians were “huge and hermaphroditic” creatures with “eyes in the back of their head”. The second author was Scott Elliot, and he claimed that Lumarians “lead tamed plesiosaurs and led them around on leashes.” There also cult camp near Mt. Shasta, CA that call themselves “Lumarians”.

I totally believe “Mu” was a real place; the claims above do nothing but under mind the claim that our society and culture are much older then we preserve! (My personal believes)

If you wanna know more about Yonguni i advise you to read "Underworld" by Graham Hancock or look at his website here

There are many underwater, seemingly man made objects in that area, and current thinking is that the Jomon people of ancient japan made it over 10,000 yrs ago, when this land was last above water. Remains of the Jomon have been found dating back to 16,000BC and they are know to be megolithic builders, creating holy 'mountains' by building ziggurat like structures and then covering them with earth so they appeared to be natural.

Edited by PurpleStuart

azazel : yes there are references in ancient Japanese texts to that group of islands (the Ryukyu islands) these are ment to be the Sea Kings sanctuary or more specfically in the Nihongi "the palace of the God of the Sea" or in the Kojiki "the Palace of the Kami Great-Ocean-Possessor" and are sometimes refered to as being on land and sometimes underwater. The Chinese also refer to them as magical islands populated by immortals who own 'the drug which will prevent death'

There is another structure nearby at Kerama whch is worth checking out - concentric stanting stones underwater, made from extremely hard coralline limestone which makes it hard to imagine that these weren't fashioned by hand.

Here is a link that relates the structures found in south-western point of Japan's Ryukyu Islands with the ancient civilization of Mu.

Link

Shirini, I also believe that Mu was a real place but I am willing to trust Blavatsky and Scott-Elliot on the way they describe lemurians. They also say that the Lemurian race developed gradually and experienced profound physical changes, but at the end lemurians looked just as we do.

That is a profound transformation! ohmy.gif

Anything is possible! cool.gif

Nevertheless, both authors make such fantastic remarks that you help not taking them very seriously (I couldn’t).

I would also like to add, even thought I believe in UFO’s and Aliens, I don’t think everything about ours past should be linked or credited to them! I believe that we humans become advanced, destroy everything (our nature) and have to rebuild from the ground up, and forget while doing so!

I totally agree with you on your point about crediting everything on aliens, shirini

I have heard many theories about lost continents like mu and atlantis, the one the interests me the most is the one that suggest that these lost lands were infact inhabitied by a bypedial race higher than humans on the evolutionary scale, and that we are result of these people when there lands were destroyed and the survivors came to the other continents. acording to this theory Atlanteans went to North and South America, Atlandians went to european countries, Lemurians went to africa, the mediteranean, India , and australia and newzealand, and Mu's people went into asia and the Pacific islands.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe there are many marvolious things in the sea that we have not yet discovered. Hince the lost city listed above. There are possibly many written documents that we havn't discovered or desphiered yet that explain all or most of the ancient cities out there in the oceans of the world. THe world is very old and we don't know or understand what has happened in the past. I feel that one day, we will find a lot of ancient cities and no one will believe in them.

The world of today is not believing in what used to be. Or anything paranormal or abnormal to those of today. Very few people believe in things like this.

Beth Ro

In addition, there were recent discoveries off the western tip of Cuba under about 2,000 feet of ocean (dating pending but estimates range 10,000 B.C.). The Bimini Road -- Cay Sal bank pyramid -- Bermuda Triangle (structures radiating some sort of light) -- and even off the Azores. US Navy and Russian Banner Fleet nuclear submarines have plotted (highly classified) sonar scans of ruins even in the abyssal areas of BOTH oceans. There is even word of ruins (detected by sophisticated satellite imagery) under the mass of ice in Antarctica.

The Great Pyramid and Sphynx are being argued as to actual dating -- conventional (dynastic) reasoning is 3-4,000 B.C. (circa) -- but evidence of rain erosion, alignment of certain stars -- and other "impossible" discoveries may date both from 11,000 to 16,000 B.C.

It appears some cataclysm wiped out much of what may have been a world wide civilization around 11,600 years ago -- and conclusions from Academia may resolve that a Polar Reversal may have been the culprit. If so -- it would explain a gap in history and the obvious fact that the FURTHER one goes into history -- the more "impossible" the archeological wonders appear to be .. or in plain terms -- MORE ADVANCED. Call it Atlantis -- call it what you will -- the evidence is all around. It is up to Science to drop its "Steady State" theory of evolution and admit that entire civilizations could be wiped out within a day - as Plato mentioned for Atlantis ...

The UNIVERSAL structure of the ruins whether on land or deep in the abyss -- is a PYRAMID. Temples and other structure may bear symbols, though untranslatable -- never-the-less indicate a uniform or common origin -- again WORLD WIDE.

Current readings (www.spacedaily.com - et al) indicate that our Planet's magnetic field is now changing and may reverse within 100 years -- or even ten years. The point is -- it may happen again!! 20,000 years from now -- when archeologists dig up what is left of New York City -- after rust dissolves -- they may only find the remains of the Gargoyle statues of the Museum. A few coins may survive -- but on the head of each coin are the words: "In God we trust". So this civilization worshipped many Gods -- but had to be primative because of lack of metal work. Only stone images of some fertility cult! Think about it !!! How easily Orthodox Science will throw a wet willie upon objectivity to hide the real facts.

The museum shelves are loaded with OOParts (Out of Place Artifacts) -- and because of Scientific Correctness -- will remain on those shelves!!

For the time being - these same Scientists will conclude (as they have with other sites) -- they are NOT man made!! But natural erosion!! RIGHT!!!! rolleyes.gif

R.griffin

That was a great thread thumbsup.gif . I didn't know about the cuba and azores discoveries.

I believe what your saying especially the pyramid theme i.e. why were people in cambodia, egypt and south america all building very similar structures all at the same time?. I also believe the magnetic reversal theory (and by the way we are a thousand years overdue) most scientists have agreed that it was in the solar system's timeline a pretty regular occurance.

The antartica point is a really good one and it is the place i believe we should hunt most of all for atlantis. It is a vast mountanous continent like plato described that was at one point (and this has been proven) a very fertile region which sustained lot's of life. Its starting to melt so we'll find out 1 way or another lol.

The guy called graham hancock who is constantly trying to prove the existence of a civilisation that was worldwide around 11,000 years ago and was very astrologically orientated is a good source for information and although he has been ridiculed by most scientists he does come up with some really great theories. the problem with Hancock is that when a scientist comes up with a counter theory he just ignores it if he can't find an explanation.

There will always be a "tug of war" between the "Steady State" Theorists (and it remains just THEORY) - vs. - the Catastrophists (many civilizations came and went taking all traces save for myth and OOPArts). Likewise with Creationists - vs. - Evolutionists. The debate never abates!!!

Perhaps this can be settled by a THIRD THEORY which may indicate BOTH ARE WRONG!

Perhaps Alien Technology did egg on civilizations past, and may even be responsible for the genetic "leaps" that human kind seems to go through (would explain the Abduction situation).

The NASA Web Pages of recent have public releases of the fact that the Magnetic Field IS reversing and has already diversified. Perhaps the scenario of 11,600 years ago is about to be repeated (like I theorized before).

But what of this: Let's say that ALL the genetic (DNA) material of every plant, insect, human and animal is gathered by: ET? These samples are stored in deep space until the cataclysm passes and turns the planet barren again. After a while -- when conditions are precise - the samples are then brought back and the building blocks of Earth are once again perpetuated. The ancient civilizations - in their 'mythic' glyphs gave indication to this, especially Sumerian. If this be the case -- then civilizations have come and gone for many millions of years. This would cause the museums to release all the out of place artifacts (OOPArts) that disrupt their neat theories! No need to hide embarrassing contradictions to what is fed us in the classrooms of the Academia

I am an avid reader (but an objective one at that) of Graham Hancock -- his courage "under fire" for his theories (and they are theories) makes one think twice about what we learned in schools and colleges. But that is the point -- to be able to LOGICALLY assess theory and be flexible enough to know that myths like TROY - may become a reality -- and no museum in the world could hide the eventual truth.

Maybe even more "surprises" will be found -- and as always the Orthodox Scientists and Archeologists will race to the site, close it down to the public - and measured doses of what they "believe" it is will flood our textbooks once again.

One simple question: Could we duplicate the Great Pyramid today? Perhaps so -- but the technology needed for this far surpasses a few thousand grunting workers straining to pull huge blocks of stone without chipping any one of them.

For a good Search Engine try: http://www.searchalot.com -- I have not seen a better one for finding very obscure web pages!!

Happy Morning After guys!!

R.griffin

I couldn't ma puter to open up the search alot engine do you have ne links to sumerian info?

Id appreciate if you could post a couple.

cheers

thumbsup.gif