Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tyrannotitan

Cryptoman

I heard of a species of dinosaur known as Tyrannotitan. Is their anyone that's familiar with this species? here's some info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrannotitan

Tyrannotitan was a huge (up to 13.7 metres or 45.6 feet long) bipedal carnivorous dinosaur of the Carcharodontosauridae family from the Cretaceous period, recently discovered in Argentina. It is closely related to other newly discovered giant predators Giganotosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus. Its fearsome appearance is reflected in the meaning of its name, "Tyrant titan".

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptoman

• Legatus Legionis

• draconic chronicler

• Hooligan

since when? i never heard of that dinosaur. pretty cool name tho. any pictures? any artist illustration?

here's a website that has a size comparison to humans and other carnivorous dinosaurs, it's amazing how big most of these guys got!

http://www.gavinrymill.com/dinosaurs/bigge...-dinosaurs.html

here's a website that has a size comparison to humans and other carnivorous dinosaurs, it's amazing how big most of these guys got!

http://www.gavinrymill.com/dinosaurs/bigge...-dinosaurs.html

ah. thanks. so T-Rex. can still claim it's title as the biggest carnivore of all time. it's because skeletons found are incomplete and the estimates of the size might still fluctuate.

thanks for that Cryptoman

ah. thanks. so T-Rex. can still claim it's title as the biggest carnivore of all time. it's because skeletons found are incomplete and the estimates of the size might still fluctuate.

no problem

Actually, no.

The size graph is way out of date, though the site owner does mention the new spinosaurus skull though at the time he says it was unconfirmed. Now it is confirmed, and the new spino way outclasses all of the others, a full third bigger than the others, probably around 60 feet long.

So are there have only been two Spinos, the first was a juvenile, and still as long, or longer than any known theropod. And the second one, a third bigger than any other theropod probably is not "the largest", due to the unliklihood that the first discovered adult would be the biggest.

T Rex on the other, is common enough of a fossil (over 20 now I believe) that we have a good estimate of its maximum size.

Edited by draconic chronicler

Actually, no.

The size graph is way out of date, though the site owner does mention the new spinosaurus skull though at the time he says it was unconfirmed. Now it is confirmed, and the new spino way outclasses all of the others, a full third bigger than the others, probably around 60 feet long.

So are there have only been two Spinos, the first was a juvenile, and still as long, or longer than any known theropod. And the second one, a third bigger than any other theropod probably is not "the largest", due to the unliklihood that the first discovered adult would be the biggest.

T Rex on the other, is common enough of a fossil (over 20 now I believe) that we have a good estimate of its maximum size.

ah now i c. thanks for the latest info.

ah now i c. thanks for the latest info.

I should add though, that there is a partial maxilla in the Los Angles Museum of Natural History that suggest a Mega T-Rex of nearly 50 feet. But with only the single small part, maybe it is just a "big headed mutant". But this suggests T Rex may actuall be the second biggest, instead of the various Allosaurid contenders.

all dinosaurs never fail to amaze me. its incredible how bigger dinos are being unearthed, like this Tyrannotitan

• 2 weeks later...

man,iam very interested and i want to know more about this creature.

usually iam very interested to know about any huge carnivore been unearthed...