Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead Man Walking

peacelover

I have to go quickly, I'll read the rest of your posts. I'll do all that is within my power to help you, I promise. This is a true conspiracy. Do not trust that sargent, if Pete is working for a secret agency of the government than someone working for the government would also mislead you.

You said all records of Pete's were "missing" or non-existant, well if this is the case. Someone or some people must have the power to do so, such as the military. My intuitions and knowledge of this case leads me pointing fingers at the military, they are my prime suspects on the list, if not other organisations with such power.

You should have your story told to a media newstation. The world must know of this, since you do want us to tell others. Telling a news reporter is a good place to start this investigation, it'll offer many chances of for millions of people to help, if not thousands.

Right now i'll leave you with this "Trust your instincts, it'll guide you through"

I'm sure, there are many bright people in this forum. I for one am not confused about your situation.

You said that there is another man with the same name as "Pete" and that this other Pete served in the military. This other man that your Pete met conversed to him about Vietnam, even though your Pete has never served for the military. Is this right?

It is possible that the Pete that died in the car was actually the Pete that served in the military. If this is true, then government would have 2 sets of records for 2 people with the same name, both first and last. Right? It's possible that they are trying to erase his records to stop the confusion.

Is there any records of the other Pete serving in the military? How about you search for the family members of the other Pete. This should give you valuable information, on both cases these two Petes.

Your son said that he had spoken to Pete, and said that he was not yet going home. Why do you think he was not yet ready?

I think that it is a possibility that he is under a witness protection or something to that degree, due to the fact that he served for law-enforcement's to stop the car theft ring, which may have been under mafia surveillance. He could have gone to the police in fear of a mafia retaliation and which caused them to put him under this witness protection. He might be undercover until "the coast is clear", which may be why he was not ready to return home.

Does this sound logical to you?

====

Right now, I'm thinking if this witness protection thing is true, telling the whole world about may be a bad idea, if someone is after Pete. It's the only explanation that seems to fit well. But what makes this even more complicated is the second Pete unless this is part of the process under which this protection was established and directed. If this is true, it's a truly an intricate plan to protect Pete.

When was the last time "he" has called you? Next time have the phone be answered directly on the computer, while having it recorded. If you have made any home made videos of him, you can compare the voice of your mystery caller and that of Pete's.

Edited by Blue-Scorpion

Does this sound logical to you?

Better than what I came up with, which I will leave out becuase It will make very little sense to anyway. thumbsup.gif

This is seriously some odd stuff. My father works with the goverment, not in any special areas or anything but he has some rank, I'll ask him and see if hes ever heard of it, It is unlikely, but possible.

Dear Blue Scorpion and Vicxr:

Thank you for writing.

Please allow me to answer your quesitons as best I can. After reading your posts I decided to try and contact someone from the past.

I called "Tammy M." She was once the babysitter to Sammy when Pete would be out on the road in his semi. I contacted Tammy because she and her husband had known Pete since he had arrived in Junction.

The following is what she shared with me:

Pete had never served in the military. The story that Pete told me about the man recognizing him on the street is true. The man had simply been wrong and Pete had never corrected the story for anyone.

There was a man (the second Pete) that had Pete's same fist and last name who had served in the military as a Green Beret in Viet Nam.

Pete was born in Michigan on December 11, 1950. Pete had told me 1953. Pete graduated from high school in one of the years of 1968 or 1969. Pete had told me 1970/1972.

Pete had told me that his Father was a Vice President at the Ford Motor Company. Tammy tells me that actually his Father was a prominant Judge in Detroit, Michigan. His mother was a homemaker.

Pete had one sister - Susan. She now lives in Arkansas.

Pete had told me that his parents had been divorced. Tammy shared with me that in reality there had been no divorce.

Pete had been involved in a car theft ring as a youth at fifteen and with other teenagers his own age. They all served time in jail and gained records. Pete came un-scathed from the ordeal. It was his Father who had committed this action.

Because Pete had not been punished as the other youths, it was those same teenagers who then made life difficult for Pete. His Father's reaction was to send Pete away to a private high school. Pete did not graduate from high school in Detroit. There was not a mafia man and Pete did not help the FBI to un-ravel the car theft ring. He did cooperate with Law Enforcement and basically told on the other youths.

Pete did arrived in Junction in 1974 not 1975. Pete met Vicki in Conesville, IA. and not somewhere along the way as he traveled as he had told me.

Pete's mother did die of an alcohol related death. Both his parents struggled with the disease of alcoholism. I believe in the end that Pete suffered and struggled with the same.

Pete did have custody of Sammy as he had told me.

Tammy and her husband (as she shared with me)have often wondered if the man in the car is Pete. They also wondered how the accident occurred.

Tammy shared with me that she felt Pete to be a mystery. She said that she knew that it was difficult for Pete to tell the truth. We both agreed that we believed that although he had lied on occassion that neither of us believed it was done to be malicious.

Still the questions remain. If that wasn't Pete in the car then who? Why was Pete afraid that Monday night? Why was he collecting money?

I do not believe that Pete is in the Witness Protection Program. I have have a hard time believeing this because his actions as a youth were so long ago. What could suddenly have happened in 1990 to place him in such a program.

Someone asked why not tell Pete's story to a reporter and perhaps gain some insight through the media.

Although this would seem to be the next best thing to do, I do not feel that I can. I am not the only person that has been involved in Pete's life. Pete's daughter is an adult now. I do not know what she knows or understands about her Father. I believe that she has the right to live her life with her memories.

I miss Pete. I wish he were here to explain what happened.

Peacelover

Peacelover, thanks for the info, it'll help.

You said your son had spoken to "Pete" at a park, right? Has this been the only encounter with Pete between him and your son or your other child. There maybe more interaction between your children and Pete. Ask your children about it, it'll help.

I haven't had time to do some investigations of my own due to school, but once spring break arrives, I'll have all day to work on this mystery of yours. grin2.gif

If it'll help make a list of people that once knew Pete, and cross the people out that you have already spoken too, and/or make a question mark on those that might have more than what they're not telling you.

----

What confuses me the most is this second Pete, it makes this a tougher case to solve.

Is there anymore information that you can add about this second Pete that you haven't done already? It'll help as well.

-----

Have you had any obscene phone calls from this caller of yours whether it be Pete or someone else? Any information that he has given during a call...

You said he had told your family not to go this Hill that you spoke about. Is there any reason that you shouldn't go or should go?

He might have been hypocritical when he had told you or your family not to visit that Hill, when he might have actually been trying to get you to go there...just a thought.

You said you see his car in front of the house. Try slipping a note or message you want to send to him within the car, this is one way to speak to him.

Well this is all the help I have for you...however you might have more help from a closer source such as a nearby police investigator, newsreporter, or friends and family. Good luck for now.

Peacelover, try looking for Sammy in North Pole, Alaska. That is probably the town you want.

Hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Blue Scorpion:

Thanks for writing.

Is there a reason why I should look at the North Pole, Alaska? Is this a joke? Or are you being sarcastic?

Since my last post, I have spoken with some people whom have helped me to find Sammy. I now know where she lives. I have not spoken to her yet. I have purposefully chosen not to speak with her because as I have said before I do not know what she thinks or believes about her father's death. It is my understanding that Sammy is married now. She lives in Illinois with her husband and her three children. I do not wish to interrupt her life at this point with questions about her Father.

At some point in the near future, I will speak with her. If only to say hello and see how she is doing. If she brings up her Father, I will listen and try to determine what she understands about her Father.

I am told that Sammy believes that her Father died that same Monday night in June of 1990 and he simply was not found for two months.

Hope this helps Blue Scorpion.

Thanks

Peacelover

Dear Blue Scorpion:

I don't know if I answered all of your quesitons.

List of people that knew Pete(my Pete):

1. Tammy M.: Former babysitter to Sammy.

2. Tammy's husband: He worked with Pete at Bell Ready Mix in Junction.

3. Regina M.: Knew Pete from when he arrived in Junction. She was a friend to Pete and believed that he had been in Viet Nam. She still believes this to be true today. Regina and her partner Neil were among our many friends in Junction, when Pete and I were a couple.

4. Neil: Regina's partner. A bit of a crazy character himself. He was the jokester of our group.

5. Dave W.: Another member of our group. Dave was a hard worker. He worked hard and like to play equally.

6. Tammy and Todd Piper: Now divorced. Both were part of our group. They also believed that Pete had been in Viet Nam.

7. Keith M.: Also knew Pete from when he arrived. Also believed that Pete had been to Viet Nam. Keith went back to school and is now a computer programmer working for a large company in Kansas. I do not see him much anymore. He spends a lot of time traveling all over the world.

Junction is a small town. A place where everyone know everyone. Everyone in town believed that Pete was from Michigan and had served in Viet Nam.

Myself, Tammy M. and her husband and Pete's former partner Vicki are the only people that know the real history of Pete. Everyone else believes that after Viet Nam and after Pete's stint there that he went to Canada and lived for a while before hitchhiking and eventually ending up in Junction. (The latter of course is the story that Pete told everyone, including myself before I found out the truth.)

My son, myself and my daughter saw Pete last the last weekend in August of 1990. We had gone to "Sand Run" a favorite swimming hole. It was there that we saw Pete and there that my son spoke briefly to Pete. My son asked Pete if he wanted to come home, Pete had simply nodded no and said "not yet". This was the last time that my son spoke to Pete. It was not the last time that any of us have seen Pete.

The second Pete is the Pete ..........., that was in the Army. The second Pete had served in Viet Nam. The second Pete was in the Green Beret and worked in intelligence while in Viet Nam. There is/was a second Pete ........... . It was this man that was in the military. My Pete had been mistakenly recognized by another Viet Nam vet living in Junction. Pete had never corrected the story. This is how everyone in Junction came to know my Pete. They all believed that he had been in Viet Nam.

I have no other information on the 'second Pete' than what I have shared with you. I am sure that this information could be looked up with the military. I have never tried to look up this information. I wouldn't know where to begin to do this.

I still receive the phone calls. Sometimes the voice tells me not to go up the hill, sometimes the voice tells me where I have been that day and sometimes the voice on the phone tells me what I am wearing. So, I know that at different times I have been watched. I don't know by who. I am not the only one receiving the calls. My parents have received the same calls. Since my Father died, my Mother tells me that she has not received the calls. However, when my Mother travels and I stay at her home to care for her animals and her home, I receive the calls at her home.

Over the years of searching for answers about Pete and what happened to him, I have had many theories. The one that I have now, I believe the most plausible.

Theory: Pete came from a comfortable background. His parents had money and Pete enjoyed the comforts his parents could provide.

For some reason Pete was insecure and felt that he needed to embellish the truth with his friends. I think that Pete's inability to be wholly truthfull began when he was young. As the years passed and Pete's insecurities grew, I think he told one too many lies. I think that his family and friends became weary of his lies. I understand that about this time he became estranged from his sister. I think he then became estranged from his family as a whole. I now believe that although he may have had the love of his family and their support financially, that no one knew how to help Pete.

I think somewhere around Pete's third year at the University of Michigan, that he had an epiphany.

Pete traveled to Junction, Iowa with a college friend. (The friend had family that lived in the area and Pete went along for the ride.) I now believe that while in Junction, Pete found that people were willing to accept him. They accepted Pete for who he was and what he told them.

After returning to Michigan, I think Pete packed his bags and returned to Junction because he was looking to be accepted.

Once in Junction he paired up with Vicki whom he had met on his previous trip to Junction.

From there the story was told of Pete being in Viet Nam. Pete had found his home.

Twelve years later, I believe that the story began to un-ravel. I believe that Pete was discovering that people in Junction were beginning to ask questions of Pete that he could not answer. People were beginning to find out the truth. I think Pete became afraid that people would find out that he had never been in Viet Nam. From there, nothing he ever said would be believed again.

So, Pete came up with one more story. He developed a story that people were looking for him, that he needed money and that he was supposed to give this money to the people that were looking for him.

I think that Pete disappeared that Monday night in June of 1990 to save himself from being found out.

My only problems with my theory are that this theory does not answer the questions as to who was the body in the car.

I believe that Pete had arranged to disappear by concotting his story of people looking for him and needing money. I think Pete took the money to disappear. Maybe Pete loaned the car he had borrowed to another person and it was that person in the car not Pete. As luck would have it Pete could not have come up with a better way to disappear than to have people think he was dead.

Now he is free. He could be living anywhere under any name. There is no one to dispute any stories he might create. His parents are dead. His daughter thinks he is dead and he knows that even if his sister thought he were alive that she probably would not look for him.

Because Pete has been determined as dead, his daughter received social security benefits. Her mother saved the benefits for her. I am told this is how Sammy paid for her college education.

For whatever his reasons Pete chose to disappear. I believe that it is he who is calling from time to time. He would know my number and that of my parents. I think from time to time that Pete has been around to see me, but not let himself be known.

Blue Scorpion, I hope this helps you.

Good luck with your mid term exams. I remember how exhausting all the studying can be.

Thanks again

Peacelover

Peacelover,

Thankyou for the details.

Another possible explanation is that he is working for a secret government agency. (I think I said this before) If he is still able to speak to you and see you than it obviously shows that he is in no immediate threat of "assisination".

Have you asked your telephone company to find out if they are aware of any anonymous phone tapping within your phone lines?

Pete told your son that he is not ready to go home yet, right? Which must means you will most likely see him sooner or later. However, once you do see him, I'm sure there will be some secrets still hidden, if this secret government agency did select Pete as one of their agents.

===

I'll be reply later on with a more formal answer or possible explanation, until I have organized all known information that you've given. Until then, stay optimistic, I'm sure you'll be seeing him soon. original.gif

Good luck and remember, he may be sending you some "signs". thumbsup.gif

quote peacelover -

"I have been told that Sammy joined the

military and lives in Alaska. I have also been told that Sammy lives in

Antartic, Arkansas. When I tried to check into the latter, I found that there

is not an"Antartic, Arkansas".

I wasn't trying to be funny. I just thought whoever told you that might have gotten their locations crossed (Antarctic/North Pole). There is such a place called North Pole, Alaska.

North Pole link

There is also an Army base and a Airforce base near there.

Edited by gonzowalker

• 1 month later...

Dear Gonzowalker:

In answer to your posting. I now where Sammy lives. It is not at the North Pole. In fact Sammy is located nearby. I will not be giving her address, so as to protect her name and self provacy.

Knowing where Sammy lives, still does not answer the questions of Where is Pete?, and who was in the car? I suppose some mysteries are meant ot remain mysteries.

On another matter. Does anyone know how I might make it possible for my computer to display what I am typing? I am typing away here and can not read what it is that I am typing. If this message is jarbled, it is due to my lack of vision. Help, help, help.

Thanks everyone

Peacelover

Peacelover,

I don't know why you're experiencing the problem you are trying to post, but an alternate solution for you would be to open up your notebook on your computer, type your message in that and then copy and paste the entire text into the message box when you want to reply.

Magikman

Hi Peacelover,

You can visit Sammy with just cause you're a good friend, askign how she is doing and so, not to tell her what's you have been experiencing and what's you're suspecting, since you wish to let her be with her memories. But for what you say about her reactions to her father's death, I think she knows something people don't know. By the way you're telling it, she is close with her father, so can't be dancing at her father's memorial service, if she knows it's not him or so.

As for Pete, I think, he is some sort of secret agent and he is working on some top secret stuff for the government. He couldn't be in a witness protection since for all I know this includes his whole immediate family as well. He won't be leaving his daughter alone, since she would be an easy target to get him out of hiding. But why so much trouble into erasing his past and connections.

But then again, phone tapping and you being under serveillence. That doesn't make sense and that doesn't fit. If anybody is to be under that much scrutiny to anybody, shouldn't it be his daughter, not you? I mean doing it for 13 years, that must be really tough on the income for who is putting you under serveillence. Unless it's Pete trying to keep you safe by putting on some guard for your whole family. But, then again, how come his daughter isn't under this much protection, if it's him. Don't you think so? But then again, you're searching for the truth and somebody is trying to not get you know it.

I think you should bring someone with you to the hill. I think he was telling you to meet him there wink2.gif

This reminds me of that MIB Movie where they erase the agents existance.

That's my two cents.

Edited by bluefenix211

Peacelover, Sorry of course for your loss and lack of info thus far. You have obviously been to the verge and back, I commend you on your strength!

I was curious if you have investigated any possible links Pete may have had to other countries? Any out of country vacation or any seemingly remote physical link to any other country?

You mentioned the mafia connection, could the people that you are recieving Pete's death info from and other specific data, be under the influence of said mafia figures? Whether it be implied physical harm or monetary rewards for compliance to secrecy?

How trust worthy are Pete's parents?

The money he was collecting isn't odd until you say he left it. Collecting money would be indicative of someone afraid to use the bank because of the paper trail.

If the money was indeed intended to fund a plane ticket then the fact it was left is indicative of a third person arriving on the scene to help him out. Or the money was intended for you.

What about medical history, any frequent trips to the doctor, or medication?

Scars, tattoos?

Also the phone calls......the recordings seem indicative of someone obviously worried about being located. If he was out of the country he may record the words and send them to someone else to call you and play the recording, you must find that third person. Or 'Pete' is utilizing a timing system of some kind and is in fact in the area.

You can get a list of all phone activity from your line from the phone company.

The fact that you can't seem to hide from it or put it behind you is because of these constant reminders phone calls, appearances, vehicle. this would,then seem like 'Pete' doesn't want you to forget but show resolve.

The lack of info or elaboration could be for your safety as well...."Don't go up the hill" would mean don't search the scene or accident area......why?....because you want it to look like you are no threat to those behind it(if there is a 'they') where as you stop investigating, you will be safer. The fact that there is constant abstract contact with him may imply that he intends to return.

The daughter definetly may have information, in fact the key to the mystery may be of her knowledge.

The three men that were standing over 'Pete" , was 'Pete" beat up at that point?

Is there any chance 'Pete" may be stealing cars as to pay off some debt, or a mafia guy forces him to steal cars or the mafia guy will hurt you or your family?

Could Pete have just really enjoyed the life style of a car thief? Could he have returned to the lifestyle by choice and didn't want you to be exposed to that life? The fact that he leaves reminders for you seems that maybe he wants his cake and eat it too.

Ever thought of a private investigator? Some investigators do it because they love the riddle and the mystery , considering the obvious emotional factors an investigator may work pro-bono for you.

Edited by Chauncy

I just want you to clear up some things that sound like holes in your story. I;m not saying your story isn't true, but it may just be the way you are describing it.

First, didn't you say that Pete never used a bank or didn't have a bank account, yet you say he was collecting money "even though he had money in the bank". Is "money in the bank" just being used as an expression?

You say you find it odd he was collecting money and then left his own wallet behind. How do you know the money in his wallet is the same as the money he was collecting?

Also, how did the man who mistook him for the Green Beret mistake nhis identity if the two Petes look so different? Was it that Pete introduced himself and the guy remembered the name? Even so, wouldn't Pete telling him he was mistaken clear it up considering they didn't look at all alike?

These are just some things that didn't sound right or logical to me. Again, I'm not saying you aren't telling the truth, maybe you just aren't explaining it clearly.

Maybe Pete was in the military and he joined a secret orgainization afterwards and they altered his military records. Obviously he wouldn't be able to tell you this as it would blow his cover. Also, such a secret organization, if in actual existence and being able to alter military records, would be able to scrounge up a body that matched their altered military records.

It seemed he told two different versions of his past to you and Tammy, which is not something i would expect of an undercover agent. I would expect a real cover to have been worked out to the last detail and be consistent to everyone around him.

I don't know, a lot of this doesn't make sense to me. Somehow it doesn't mesh together. However, if it truly is happening, that may be the point. To make it so incongruous that it would be impossible to solve the mystery and you would sound crazy/disturbed if you told it to anyone.

I'm keeping an open mind on this one even though it doesn't make much sense to me. I'm sorry for your looss and i;m sorry i can't be of any help. It does seem to be one heck of a conundrum and i hope you are able to find resolution one day.

Well Seen this post and figured it was worthy of my first reply =)...

Now from what I have put together in all of your posts leads me to this conclusion..

Pete was in Vietnam/Pete was recognized by someone in your town as being this man named pete in vietnam. (this leads me to believe that Pete had to be in Vietnam).. My Dad Was in the Special Forces in Vietnam for 14 years. Highly Decorated Silver star, Bronze Star, Korea's Version of the Medal of Honor, etc.. Why i have this conclusion is that our Highly Trained soldiers Green Berets/Special Forces/Navy Seals/ Go into the Combat Field in groups of 8-12.. This is 8-12 Men that you are intrusting your life to day in and day out for years at a time..

Personally I dont see A man that was in an elitest group of our armed forces, mistaking someone Whom is 6 ft 7 inches tall by the same name as someone who served in his unit..

Now my Father was In charge of his special forces unit for 7 of his years in Vietnam. Now these people are VERY secretive. Ive asked my father about alot of his experiences in vietnam from being in an elitest unit. Even to this day, he will not talk about most things he had done.. He has informed me of places that We went in Vietnam that the US Government wouldnt admit to..

Sorry Dont really know where Im going with this post except for the fact that, A man from an elitest group of the army is not going to confuse someone whom is 6 ft 7 inches tall, with another elitest apparently from the same group as him, whom was in the same unit.. Not possible.. Another thing Ill go ahead and do, is Call my father and ask him if he knew a Pete in the Army whom was 6 ft 7 inches tall... Having Trained Special Forces Units for years, I would think him to remember a certain person almost 7ft tall, on the side of the world where most people are 5 ft tall....

Now there are certain things that you can do to find out what is going on as far as whom is stalking you... First thing I would do, Is buy Some sort of Compact Electrical Unit With Global Positioning Satalites on it... IE: Cellphone, Mapquest program etc... Wait until the vehicle in which you think is stalking you is infront of your location, and drop the GPS On it.. Now if this is a cellphone What you will wanna do is call your local police department and report that you had a break in, your cell phone was stolen, you have GPS On the phone.. They Will be able to trace/File Charges/ Federal Building its parking at?

Also From my personal experience of being on the street for a while, And doing things i shouldnt have been doing, I learned how to spot certain things with government vehicles... First thing is, FBI/ Government Actions Remind me Exactly of what they are like on TV.. Look for Chevy Corsicas, Luminas, Ford Econoline Vans, Ford Contours, Grand Marquis, and Chevy Suburbans. These are the majority of the vehicles I ever seen Undercover Agents using.. Now The easiest to spot are the Vans.. What you Will usually Look for is A Van With some Kind of Company Logo on the Side of it that you havent heard of before.. What you wanna do is simply go up to the vehicle license plate and see if it says "Exempt".. If so, that is a Government vehicle.. Lots of times These Vans they use are purchased at City Auctions, so the Registration and all that good stuff is Expired on vehicles etc.. And usually new companies dont let their guys drive around with expired tags on vehicles. Also Watch for a Vehicle in your area that does not move.. Usually these are vehicles that just showed up one day, and are left in the same spot for months at a time.. Inspect these vehicles for any thing that could be a camera.. Ive seen them in Headlights, Licenseplates, Grills, and Near the Tires of vehicles.

Also If an Agents Cover is blown, They are removed from the case. IE: Your a drug dealer and spot an agent watching your house, That agent Will get pulled from case and replaced with a new one. So I dont believe Pete has anything to do with the government because these guys really dont make too many mistakes.

Hell I dunno if any of this info will help you out.. But hopefully so.. Just use your judgement to decide what is going on..

Have you considered talking to or even hiring a private investigator? The only problem I see, is since he has gone to such great lengths to to hide his identity, looking for him may actually put his life in danger. I realy do hope you find, or get to talk to him. No matter what happened in the past, he owes you an explination.

Hmm.. interesting case, here's something similiar that just showed up in a local paper: http://198.107.45.79/story.php?story=5144

So far people aren't getting strange phone calls, but it appears as if they've just picked up and left to start a new life. Despite having seeminly prefect lives already.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Site Members:

Thank you for your thoughts and your interest.

I have been gone for a short period. This is the first chance I have had to read some of your posts regarding Pete. I will try and answer what I can.

Someone asked the question as to the monies that Pete had collected and his bank account after I had apparently stated that Pete did not have an account. I have looked back in my story of Pete and I do not find where it is that I have stated that Pete did not have a bank account. In any case, this was once a truth. During the time that Pete and I were together, I had encouraged him to open a bank account rather than to carry his money with him. Pete himself had told me that he had done this. This is where my knowledge of him having an account and wondering why he had collected monies when I knew he had money in the bank came from.

Please understand that in addition to Pete's strange disappearance, I am also dealing with finding out over the years that Pete had not been wholly truthful with me on many occasions. One example is his Father. Pete had told me that his Father had worked for the Ford Motor Company for some 30 years before retiring and opening his own company which also worked with the Ford Motor Company in Detroit, Michigan. Later after Pete's disappearance I discovered that Pete's Father had actually been a rather prominent judge in Michigan. It was Pete's Father whom had come to Pete's rescue when he had gotten in trouble with authorities due to belonging to a car theft ring. The other youth members of this group had faced punishment while Pete was free from any punishment, save that of his family. It was after this incident that Pete went to live with his Father and his Father sent Pete to a private school, so as not to meet with the other youths at his former school.

What I can tell you I know to be the truth is that Pete went missing the first week of June in 1990. A body found in a car in a deep revine off Isley Hill was identified as Pete in August of that same summer. Pete had no dental records. Pete never served in any branch of service in the military and the friend that claimed to have identified Pete admitted to me that he had never seen the body and had never seen photographs that were said to have been taken at the scene. I myself, have asked to view the photographs and have been denied by authorities. When I pressed for factual information I was told that authorities had believed the body to be Pete based on the fact that the car was the car that Pete had borrowed from a friend after having crashed his own, three weeks prior.

What I can also tell you that I know to be the truth is that one week after Pete's memorial my children and I saw Pete. We were standing directly in front of him when we all realized what we were looking at. Pete ran. We saw Pete again at Sand Run a local watering hole in Wapello. Pete was sitting in a boat. I saw Pete again ten years later in my hometown in a local grocery store. This time Pete did not see me, but I was too late to catch up to him.

If you asked me today some 14 years later, do I know Pete? I don't know anymore. What I know is that I met a man that I grew to love and appreciate. I do believe that he loved me as well. I was prepared to make a life with this man because I felt he was a good man, a decent man and someone I could grow to feel stronger about through the years. Although I knew of the lie that people believed in Junction. (that of Pete having been in Viet Nam.) And I knew it at the time that I had come to love Pete, somehow in my mind I almost agreed with Pete. It was clearly a mistake that this man had made originally and by the time Pete tried to correct it, everyone in Junction believed him to be a vet. Pete felt trapped and grew to believe that correcting a mistake that had been the truth for twelve years (by the time, I met Pete) did not seem to help anyone.

Now, I look at Pete's life and I wonder what the truths are. Who was he really?

Is it possible that he really was in the military? I don't think so, but I still have to wonder. I also wonder to this day, that if the body in that car was not Pete, then who was it?

If Pete were to knock on my door today, I think I would probably be very angry. I would immediately ask, "what happened?" I know I would feel a sense of relief. Relief that he is alive and relief that the mystery is finally over. Then I would call Sammy. But what would I tell her? How could I tell her?

What to do from here? I suppose wait and see. I don't guess that I will ever find the answers. I hope that I do, if for nothing else but some type of closure. Closure would be nice.

Thanks for your help.

End

Peacelover

To Knightone:

I doubt that Pete was in the military because he told me he was not. Good question though. If almost nothing he told me was true then maybe it is possible he was in the military.

When I have checked however, I have found that the picture of Pete S. does not fit the man I knew as Pete S. Also the military records of the real Pete S. have Pete as a much shorter man and one with brown hair not blonde. I can not find any other records for a Pete S. . I also have never found any birth records or a death record.

During my time with Pete I did grow to wonder if he was adopted along with his sister Susan. Reason being that Pete and his Father did not look alike, nor did he look like his Mother. Pete's Father was a short man of only 5'9". His Mother was a woman of 5'8" tall. Could these two have produced someone so tall as Pete?

End

Peacelover

Hi peacelover, I was wondering if you coulds answer these questions about Pete.

Medical history, any frequent trips to the doctor, or medication?

Scars, tattoos?

How trust worthy are Pete's parents?

I was curious if you have investigated any possible links Pete may have had to other countries? Any out of country vacation or any seemingly remote physical link to any other country?

Could Pete have just really enjoyed the life style of a car thief? Could he have returned to the lifestyle by choice and didn't want you to be exposed to that life?

When was the last time you recieved a phone call?

I have just recently read your post, and I am very sorry for your loss in this matter.

I have a very good feeling, Pete was in the military at one point. I, myself, served for a couple of years, and I learned a little something when I was in.

I dated a man from the base at which I worked, in fact we were engaged for some time. Anyway, I asked him one day, how long he planned to stay in the military, and if he was going to try and cross train (try and get trained in another job. I cannot tell you what his job was, but I can tell you it was secret.) He laughed a little and told me, he wasn't even in the military. I questioned this immediately. He said, well he was in the military, but for his job, he had been erased from all computers and files. There would never be any record that he had joined the service. I never questioned this again, and in fact that kind of secrecy was what led to our break-up.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

That's a statement that has been ringing around in my brain since I read your post. And, unfortunately, it is the only help I can offer at this time. I myself, love a mystery, and you sure have one hum-dinger. I hope for the best for you, and I will keep glued to the posts for any additional info.

Goddess Bless and May Truth Find You

Being from Michigan and reading the first post you posted Peacelover, I have become fascinated with your story... My thoughts are is, who were the 3 black men that were around him the night he dissappeared? And you say you've seen his car, why would he stay in Iowa he had faked his death? I think he is dead and these signs are coming to you from him. Wondering who his judge father is, maybe I've been in front of him before- lol. Anyway, best wishes in uncovering your own unexplained mystery!