Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Microsoft VS Sony VS Nintendo VS Sega

BobaFett

Nintendo all the way! (ZELDA)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjo Koolzooie

• Byuu94

• Seraphina

• Loque

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm inclined to agree with you. I think Microsoft is the worst out of the three, yet I am using windows. tongue.gif

Sega is good with games, but not consoles.

Nintendo is the best, and Zelda is the greatest game of all time!

*Sony!Sony!Sony!!* tongue.gifgrin2.gif

Personally I think all three of them are great in thier own perspectives.But since I own a PS2....Sony!Sony!Sony!! laugh.gif

I ignore the platforms and move on to the companies , as they are the ones that truly make the platforms great .

So far I would say

ID software ( Doom , wolfenstein )

BUNGIE ( Halo )

BLIZZARD ( starcraft , Diablo , Warcraft )

VALVE ( Halflife )

SQUARENIX ( mostly All Final fantasies , Xenogears , kingdom hearts , and other various masterpeices )

are the 5 companies that have shown great , immensily deep , and imaginitive games in the market . They are the ones who truly deserve the credit , not the platforms !

But in relation to the god games that come out ... tie between Sony and Microsoft .

lets not leave out EA games. Challenge everything! tongue.gif

Ultima Online is one of my favs. It is virtual crack as far as I am concerned.

are the 5 companies that have shown great , immensily deep , and imaginitive games in the market . They are the ones who truly deserve the credit , not the platforms !

what about Nintendo, Rare, Black Isle, Ion Storm, sierra, blah lbah

Microsoft = if you don't have a decent pc and want to play pc games

Sony = If you are into Japanese RPGs

Nintendo = If you prefer Nintendo styled exclusives such as Mario, metroid, Zelda etc

Nintendo all the way! (ZELDA)

Yeah same here. Majora's mask and Ocarina of time on the special collectors edition disc. thumbsup.gif

I brought a new gamecube for the sake of getting the disc, and I am selling the other gamecube.

It's a shame Rare no longer work for Ninteondo. AH well.

Xbox baby!

Xbox has the most power out of them all, Xbox Live play and an extensive list of great games that cannot be found on any other platform... Second I'd say Gamecube, simply because it has one of my favourites, Zelda and a few others... but now Rare is working for Xbox, Gamecube has taken kind of a downfall.

I hate how everyone bags the Xbox because its made by Microsoft... I mean lets face it... it looks cooler, is more powerful, has better games, better controlers, better online play than Sony, some of the best production teams working for them (including Bioware and Bungie)... its just a great system grin2.gif

Of course... thats just my opinion tongue.gif

Well I do love my single player, but I believe multiplayer is a large component of a lot of different games and being able to play online just enhances the experience.

hmm...best online fantasy game, in my own opinion, vs Neverwinter Nights...*sighs*...aah...full customisation of your character's equipment, right down to what it does, with thousands of different properties...customisation of your armour with an infinite number of possibile appearance so you never have to meet your online twin and kill him for it...and some twenty character classes....and the ability to create your very own world, with fully customised creatures, locations, and npcs...aaah original.gif

...but since it's not made by any of the above...*ponders*...

Zelda I hate...it's just the same thing over and over: "Quick Link! Save princess Zelda!"...yeah...compairing it to Final Fantasy, which brings in a fresh new angle and plot with every single game, and actually has charismatic, three dimensional characters, is a joke.

I think you've got to go with Sony...they've got the biggest variety of games, and are dominating the market for a reason.

Sega has already been bought out by Nintendo hasn't it?

Nintendo are evil...they don't care much for consumer rights at all, and a fine example of capitalism at its most base.

Zelda I hate...it's just the same thing over and over: "Quick Link! Save princess Zelda!"...yeah...compairing it to Final Fantasy, which brings in a fresh new angle and plot with every single game, and actually has charismatic, three dimensional characters, is a joke.

Not exactly true. Have you ever played Majora's mask, Links Awakening, Oracle of ages and oracle of time. Zelda isn't even in those games, and doesn't need to be saved.

In Majora's mask you have to stop the moon crashing in to the earth, and have to keep traveling back in time, as you only have 3 days, which go fast, and in order to do everything, you are forced to go back over and over, however, each time doing different things.

Links Awakeing you have to wake the WindFish. And the aim of Zelda the Wind Waker is to stop Ganon raising the now sunken Hyrule and taking over it.

So it isn't all about saving the princess Zelda. Plus Majora's mask and Ocarina of Time are 3D, not flat. I like the 3D ones more than the flat 2D ones I must admit though.

In my opinion thou, Final Fantasy is just dragging on. I have played a few, and even thou it is intresting and fun, kinda getting old in my opinion.

And about Sega being brought out, I think it has been? When F-Zero starts up it mentions Sega, I think its on F-Zero anyway.

Plus Majora's mask and Ocarina of Time are 3D, not flat. I like the 3D ones more than the flat 2D ones I must admit though.

I meant three dimensional as in the characters actually HAVE character, and change and develope over the course of the story as opposed to the game simply being a hack n' slash, kill the bady, save the world affair tongue.gif

Not as in how pretty the graphics engine is wink2.gif I still think FF7 was the best, so graphics obvsiously aren't too important to me...now hang on a sec...hmm...*ponders, and turns towards her tv*...is that Cloud, or just a random heap of triangles...

*the distant call of MF declairs it's bigfoot*

...anyway...yeah.

Not as in how pretty the graphics engine is wink2.gif I still think FF7 was the best, so graphics obvsiously aren't too important to me...now hang on a sec...hmm...*ponders, and turns towards her tv*...is that Cloud, or just a random heap of triangles...

*the distant call of MF declairs it's bigfoot*

laugh.gif

Graphics aren't too imporant to me either.

Zelda is probably older.

The reason however that alot of Zelda characters dont have a "character" as in, Link not actually speaking is to try and make you create your own character from the characters. Well so the creater says.

Roughly translated: "We were too lazy to add in dialogue" tongue.gif

Actually I prefer the fact there is no speech in the Zelda games. It allows you (in my opinion) to feel as if you are them as you play it. If you had like a persons voice speaking for your character you would think "Thats not me talking, it's them."

Although there is text to read so thats good enough for me. I like reading.

Ultima Online is one of my favs. It is virtual crack as far as I am concerned.

Yeah, UO rocks!! ....(no OSI,thats sucks.....long live to pirate shards) whistling2.gifthumbsup.gif

Actually I prefer the fact there is no speech in the Zelda games. It allows you (in my opinion) to feel as if you are them as you play it. If you had like a persons voice speaking for your character you would think "Thats not me talking, it's them."

Benjo Koolzooie, ur 100% right. Zelda has evolved over the years and is still the best game series out there!

PS (if the quote bar is wrong, sorry)

Edit ~ Fixed Quote

post-62-1071095494.jpg

Edited by Tommy

better controlers

What are you talking about? Xbox's first controler was huge (and in a bad way)! About 20 % was the green icon of Xbox, you know, just in case you forgot what game console you were playing.

Sega wasn't bought by nintendo. They just worked with them to make F-Zero GX. That's like saying nintendo owns square because they made Super Mario RPG together.

About Zelda being the same, its not. And even if the story is bad everything else makes up for it.