Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New England Poltergeist

Loonboy

[blue]Just found this little story about a poltergeist case in New England in the late 1970s and early 1980s. I had not heard of it.

:sd  <-- Click Me

[/blue]

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• The_Devils_Advocat

• HD

• azazel

I had not heard of this before either,  

you found a good one,  LB!   I noticed they had a poll to vote when you would have left,  and I figured after the trouble with the hunchback (p.c. version -bellringer)  ;D

[blue]Bellringer. Lol.

If someone saw a figure of a hunchback in a cape strutting around my hallways, I'd be straight to the estate agent to get moving.

[/blue] :s1

Those People must have nerves of steel to put up with all that paranormal activity. I'd be calling the estate agent after the voices let alone the hunchback. :s4

Yes LB I am a whoose.

Good find though :D

[blue]What's a whoose?  :s1

Mind you it kinda stretches the credibility of the story when a family endures so much. Most people would have fled much sooner or at least moved out. When they persist in living there during horrible events it kinda reminds you of a baaad B movie.

[/blue] :s07

• 3 weeks later...

yes I must agree with you Loonboy. I would certainly move my family out quick smart if I was in that situation.

Maybe these people are attention seekers.

:sd         :sd

Frightening story if it is true  :s9  :s01.......and I believe elements of it may be true.

However, I have trouble with the part where "Joe later took up the carpet and the floorboards at that spot and found a religious medal with a broken chain." Would someone really go to the trouble of doing this? Why did he suspect there was something hidden beneath the floor boards? The apparition of Giorgo was merely kneeling on the carpet. Somehow this part does not corealate  ???  

Loonboy, I agree with your comment about it sounding like a movie.   :sd  :sd  :sd  :sd

Interesting find All seems a bit made up to me, the fact that Rose had been choked at the dinner table then on another occasion being dragged back to her room. They only thought their lives were in danger after they saw a knife in the table; I think you would have got the hint long before this. Also to quote: ?Ironically, it was only after the haunting activity stopped that Joe Berini invited an investigation by the Psychical Research Foundation? this is typical all those times over the years all this activity was going on and nothing was investigated and now there is no evidence to support it. :st

I and my family have experienced poltergeist activity. But nothing like that. It was bad and the table was seen to jump around. Most of it was over a prolonged period. I blame myself for letting the entity into our lives and it took a long time to get rid of it. It followed us from house to house over a period of 20 years.

It was at its height when my daughters were in the stages of pubity. Obviously it was drawing on the energy.

But I will stress other than the first few months we encountered it, we never left a house or moved because of it.

[blue]I agree with you Happydude. When someone waits for the activity to stop before calling in the experts, then it smacks of hoax. Or at least, they're scared of finding out that the things they thought were hauntings were actually explainable events.

[/blue]

:-/