Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Galster Park

TRUSTbobmarley

okay so there is this wilderness park in West Covina called Galster Park whitch is supposedly haunted some guy lives at the top in a shack and hangs kids from the trees and supposedly the KKK kicks it up there and whatnot. Well the point is has anyone gone up there and if so is it really haunted?

I found this info from Shadowlands.net:

"West Covina - Galster park - This park is located on a hill with 3 entrances. It has been closed off because children have been raped and murdered there. People have seen a pathway leading to the house of the murderer. The man would take the children and rape and beat them. If you go there late at night you are able to hear the screams and the pleas of the children. A boy wearing a sweater with a massive scar on his face has been seen standing at the entrance of the first or second gate. He has been seen inviting people into the park. Telling them to come in and see what is inside. The boy has been seen at different ages, one as a child and the other as an adolescent. This place is VERY real.- Extreme precautions should be taken if you dare to enter. This is no joke. a group of investigators where chased out by men carrying knives, this is not a safe place to visit."

However, after reading a few other entries, I've found their entries of other "haunted" places are not very accurate. So take the above info with a grain of salt.

Cheers

The park is open in present but i'm having a hard time finding any photos of it.

Ok, here is one from google earth.

Is that the house ? lower, a little to the right :huh:

post-9107-1182511281_thumb.jpg

Edited by grc

well i went there last night with two of my friends and we went through the front entrance (we hopped over the fence) and it was late at night we started going up the hill and we saw a flash of light up the trail and we were all a little scared at the time so we ran back down and we found the second entrance a little more up the hill but the fence was to high to jump so sat in front of the entrance and the street light we were sitting under started flickering and then soon just shut of completely so we were sitting next to the entrance in the complete dark. we were talking and we all swore we heard little footstep in the galster forrest behind us so we sat a little longer and the little footsteps were getting louder and closer to us so we started going down the hill and i swear every street light we would pass under would flicker and go out so we stopped half way down the hill because my friend got a phone call and her reception started cutting in and out and all of a sudden she heard a girl scream on the phone but the weird thing was she was talking to a guy and when she asked him if he had heard it he said no, so she was standing there half way down the hill and me and my friend gabe were a little bit more downt the hill talking and we heard a little boy singing and then scream and me and gabe looked at each other and he was like did you hear that? and i said yes and we both verified with each other what we had heard and then we both started running down the and all the street lights were flickering and shuting off and when we got back to the main entrance my friend gabe tryed to make a phone call but his phone was going crazy like all the windows were poping up and closing and he couldnt control his phone but the weird thing was when we were at the 2nd entrance we could feel cold spots everywhere it was really freaky

if you want to go to galster i suggest you go with a group of people instead of just 3 like we did ahaha.

in a little while i will reply to this with the story I heard about galster park.

I found this info from Shadowlands.net:

"West Covina - Galster park - This park is located on a hill with 3 entrances. It has been closed off because children have been raped and murdered there. People have seen a pathway leading to the house of the murderer. The man would take the children and rape and beat them. If you go there late at night you are able to hear the screams and the pleas of the children. A boy wearing a sweater with a massive scar on his face has been seen standing at the entrance of the first or second gate. He has been seen inviting people into the park. Telling them to come in and see what is inside. The boy has been seen at different ages, one as a child and the other as an adolescent. This place is VERY real.- Extreme precautions should be taken if you dare to enter. This is no joke. a group of investigators where chased out by men carrying knives, this is not a safe place to visit."

However, after reading a few other entries, I've found their entries of other "haunted" places are not very accurate. So take the above info with a grain of salt.

Cheers

That is so sad. were there really children that died there? or is it hear say?

well the story goes the man that lived in that shack would rape and kill the little kids and hang them from the trees. also lots of people have commited suicide at that park so its supposed to be like super haunted

I hope that's just rumors and no real children were raped and found there hanging from trees! :angry:

That's one sick place... creepy story don't go back there! :no:

I had the chance to visit when I traveled to the Rose Bowl with the Purdue University football team in 2000. It was open at the time and many folks were on hand to devel out fliers and whatnot literature to anyone who would take it focusing on the so-called history of the area and what might have happened there. It was a nice visit but I'm a little skeptic about the actual events that transpired. Any more info would be great.

That is so sad. were there really children that died there? or is it hear say?

I think it's hearsay. I believe if there's a big enough patch of woods/land/marsh, stories are sure to abound...

well acually the stories are real this was back in the day though. he really did rape and kill children that went up there. if you have a chance to visit you can still see the shack and it still has some blood and stuff there. there are a couple nooses hanging in the trees a girl hung herself from a tree and a guy jumped off the look-out tower there also.

well acually the stories are real this was back in the day though. he really did rape and kill children that went up there. if you have a chance to visit you can still see the shack and it still has some blood and stuff there. there are a couple nooses hanging in the trees a girl hung herself from a tree and a guy jumped off the look-out tower there also.

So there are still nooses hanging from the trees? :lol: ......sounds like you trusted Bob Marley a bit too much ;) ......B

halfhandshuffle:devo uncontrollable urge - live

Edited by Barek Halfhand
  • Like 2

I lived in La Puente, which is a suburb just outside of West Covina...I lived there for 30 years and I this is the first time I heard of Galster Park being haunted...I knew that a few people died there, suicides, lovers pacts..things like that..but the Child killer thing..never head of it...

I'd heard of Turnbull Canyon and it's link to Gravity hill..There's also supposed to be a haunted house complete w/family plot there. Before I moved to Arizona, I had yet to find it..

The freaky thing for me is, my family had a nephews birthday party in Galster Park...and I've seen that shack...but never any nooses. Did see the remnants of a Boyscout campfire...and I know that there were gangs that went up there from time to time, but never after dark...Guess there was a reason.. ;)

Hi there i saw your post on your experience At Galster park...I have been dieng to go but i cannot find pictures ov the damn place or info on how to get there...so im wondering if you have the direction on how getting there wuld be possible and wuld it be possible for you to pass them upon to me?

well i went there last night with two of my friends and we went through the front entrance (we hopped over the fence) and it was late at night we started going up the hill and we saw a flash of light up the trail and we were all a little scared at the time so we ran back down and we found the second entrance a little more up the hill but the fence was to high to jump so sat in front of the entrance and the street light we were sitting under started flickering and then soon just shut of completely so we were sitting next to the entrance in the complete dark. we were talking and we all swore we heard little footstep in the galster forrest behind us so we sat a little longer and the little footsteps were getting louder and closer to us so we started going down the hill and i swear every street light we would pass under would flicker and go out so we stopped half way down the hill because my friend got a phone call and her reception started cutting in and out and all of a sudden she heard a girl scream on the phone but the weird thing was she was talking to a guy and when she asked him if he had heard it he said no, so she was standing there half way down the hill and me and my friend gabe were a little bit more downt the hill talking and we heard a little boy singing and then scream and me and gabe looked at each other and he was like did you hear that? and i said yes and we both verified with each other what we had heard and then we both started running down the and all the street lights were flickering and shuting off and when we got back to the main entrance my friend gabe tryed to make a phone call but his phone was going crazy like all the windows were poping up and closing and he couldnt control his phone but the weird thing was when we were at the 2nd entrance we could feel cold spots everywhere it was really freaky

if you want to go to galster i suggest you go with a group of people instead of just 3 like we did ahaha.

• 2 weeks later...
I lived in La Puente, which is a suburb just outside of West Covina...I lived there for 30 years and I this is the first time I heard of Galster Park being haunted...I knew that a few people died there, suicides, lovers pacts..things like that..but the Child killer thing..never head of it...

I'd heard of Turnbull Canyon and it's link to Gravity hill..There's also supposed to be a haunted house complete w/family plot there. Before I moved to Arizona, I had yet to find it..

The freaky thing for me is, my family had a nephews birthday party in Galster Park...and I've seen that shack...but never any nooses. Did see the remnants of a Boyscout campfire...and I know that there were gangs that went up there from time to time, but never after dark...Guess there was a reason.. ;)

hi! so u said u have seen the shack right? well where is it located at the park? and what does it look like??

• 2 months later...
hi! so u said u have seen the shack right? well where is it located at the park? and what does it look like??

it is located at beginning of the trail there is a shack

it had a under room/cave that was cement off too

• 3 weeks later...
okay so there is this wilderness park in West Covina called Galster Park whitch is supposedly haunted some guy lives at the top in a shack and hangs kids from the trees and supposedly the KKK kicks it up there and whatnot. Well the point is has anyone gone up there and if so is it really haunted?

4ster Park tower end 6:56

• 2 months later...

Okay. I am fourteen years old, and i have had about three birthday parties there.

My dad also lives in that area. The reason i stoped having birthday parties there was because on the third year my mom was filming when out of nowhere a little girl no one claimed to know was sitting in the slide as she goes to slide down, she screams and theres blood all over the slide, when you go to look the little girl disapears. We also stopped going there because it started being invaded by gangs. I haven't recently gone up there, but last time i went which was around June/July, when we drove by the main gate we saw a little boy, he threw a rock at our car, we went back and he was saying how he really wanted us to go in, and enjoy the fun he was having. He has a big scar of which looked like was given by a knife. This was around sunset, when leavinf aroma drive it was already dark, and when we drove by the park again we could hear a little girl scream for help. We hopped the fence and went in looking for the little girl. We were on this trail which leaded us this house/shack thing. There were no noose on the trees, but there were ropes on the ground next to the trees. There was a little girl's body naked with blood gushing from the head next to the door of the shack and another little girls voice pleading us to go in and save her. We then recieved a phone call, causing the girl to start crying and telling us to turn it off, becuase the man would hear it, come back and kill us all. We then left. As we were walking down the trail the lights kept flickering on and off. Then we heard the little girl scream. Our phone then began to ring again and you can hear an echo of the girl screaming, there was heaving breathing and a guy mumbling. We imideatly left, and changed our phone number. I am no longer ever going to go to that park ever again. :wacko:

• 1 month later...

I've heard about the park for a couple of years. I've always been skeptical. Even after yesterday, I'm still skeptical.

I was up by the bathrooms on the hill [the one with a lot of graffiti.] and i snapped a picture of the hole in the wall.

I don't recall there being any light when I took the picture, and I did not use the flash. This is what I got: linked-image

I don't know what it is, but I'd like see what everyone else thinks.

Edited by heyjosh22

There was a long thread on this place a while back. Someone who had visited it at night and had a lot of experiences. I am too lazy to look for it though..hehe

• 2 weeks later...
I call bull.
Sorry,Janelle,but that's just too much to be believed. Did you or your friend call the cops after any of this?Wouldn't anyone?

Seriously Janelle.