Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Cooper House

TRUSTbobmarley

In Chino Hills there is a house where escaped convict Kevin Cooper murdered that family and only the son survived the cops never cleaned the house up because of the evidence so if you go there is still blood smeared on the walls and floor. Has anyone ever gone? you can read the story online about it this place is no-joke.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nile_Shaman

• TRUSTbobmarley

• Radian

• atthethroneofjudgement

Maybe you could tell everyone where we could read more about this place; or where you read about it?

The cops not cleaning it up because of evidence doesn't make any sense. They file reports and take photographs that way it doesn't matter what happens to the crime scene.

The cops not cleaning it up because of evidence doesn't make any sense. They file reports and take photographs that way it doesn't matter what happens to the crime scene.

True, Throne. The cops aren't janitors and don't clean up *any* crime scenes beyond collecting the evidence.

Heck, watch an EMS crew work a wreck and leave, and you'll see wrappers and stuff left everywhere if they used it.

NS

New and upcoming tourist attraction, I can smell all the money that will be squeezed out of there, why clean up the place? Blood is an attraction, people will want to come and see the blood so just leave the blood there, better effects.

New and upcoming tourist attraction, I can smell all the money that will be squeezed out of there, why clean up the place? Blood is an attraction, people will want to come and see the blood so just leave the blood there, better effects.

:w00t:

Yep, rent it out to ghost hunters. What with the real estate market dropping like it is in most places, this would work.

People want to see blood, we're sick, and if you don't believe it, watch folks driving by a bad wreck, rubbernecking so much they cause more problems for people trying to get ambulances and help to the living. Look at their expressions if they do see any.

Carnivale......

NS

I sincerly doubt it will become a tourist attraction. It's just another murder scene. Here is the wikipedia article on Cooper. It doesn't mention anything about "a house covered in blood" or whatever. If I remember correctly, there are crews that come by after the evidence has been collected and clean up the mess at crime scenes.

But who knows, in twenty years or so, we will hear about ghost stories eminating from this place like those that come from Amityville.

here ya go....B

linked-image

linked-image

The Chino Hills family home where Doug, Peggy and Jessica Ryen were attacked and murdered in 1983. Eight-year-old Joshua Ryen survived the attack, but a neighbor sleeping over at the Ryen house, Christopher Hughes, was also killed. Kevin Cooper, an escapee from California Institute for Men at Chino, was convicted and received the death penalty for the murders. He is scheduled for execution Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2004. (File Photo)

linked-image

Investigators stand outside the master bedroom of the Ryen's Chino Hills home June 6, 2003 as they gather evidence at the scene of the murders. (Walter Richard Weis /Staff Photographer

linked-image

San Bernardino County Sheriff Floyd Tidwell examines blood stains found on the doorway leading into the master bedroom in the Ryen family house, 1983. (File Photo)

http://lang.dailybulletin.com/projects/cooperwatch/

Edited by Barek Halfhand

The Chino Hills family home where Doug, Peggy and Jessica Ryen were attacked and murdered in 1983.

Well, there ya go. A bit over 20 years, Rosenrot, so maybe it's due, if it's still standing.

Maybe bigger cities are kinder and more janitorial in their police forces. We never did it beyond evidence and body removal. Never heard of any departments doing it.

There are companies who specialize in it, though.

NS

Not really an attraction, but gawkers will come just the same, that house will never be sold or rented, even if they do clean the blood, houses with that kind of history don't sell well, and currently the market is sh**.

..and why call it the Cooper House? He's just the vermin who murdered them and doesn't deserve it.

This is the Ryen House.

NS

Edited by Nile_Shaman

Murder occurs every day, life is a paradox. Good and bad, you need the good to know the bad, Superman was made by the "villains" for without them he would have no one to save. In life sometimes you just have to roll with the flow, on the news they market death and blood or pointless celebrity nonsense, rarely anything good without bad attached to it. Life is both and you can't have life without both. So in a sense does it really matter Cooper killed them? People kill people and I'm sure he was punished for what he did, but with all the bad there comes good as well, there is balance.

That picture definately doesn't look like it was taken four years ago.

I think the sportcoat this guy is wearing is from 1973 ^_^ ....B

If it is any consolation to the younger crowd here, it was ugly when it was "groovy" too :geek:

flower power, etc....

Throne, a few years ago is when Coop was supposed to die for it, not when it happened.... such is justice?

NS

Maybe bigger cities are kinder and more janitorial in their police forces. We never did it beyond evidence and body removal. Never heard of any departments doing it.

There are companies who specialize in it, though.

NS

You got it NS, anything beyond gathering evidence, and body removal is left up to someone else. We have a small company that specializes in that sort of clean up..

But that doesn't mean the crime scene would be left unnatended completely.

I have a doubt that the scene is still left intact. Unusual practice.

the house is still standing you can get the direction off of google.

they are letting kevin cooper out too. they didnt have enough evidence to convict him you can look up everything on google

the blood in fact is still there, they needed it for DNA samples they were trying to look for any DNA that might be Cooper's. The house was never re-sold and you can go and check it out if you want.

Who in hell would want to live a house after an entire family had been cut up like that in it? I wouldn't, even if it were free.

Who in hell would want to live a house after an entire family had been cut up like that in it? I wouldn't, even if it were free.

ahahaha i know, right. but you know how poeple are "what people dont know wont hurt them" which i personally think is kind of screwed up.

the blood in fact is still there, they needed it for DNA samples they were trying to look for any DNA that might be Cooper's. The house was never re-sold and you can go and check it out if you want.

Then what is your question? If no one ever went in, and cleaned it up, the blood is still there, yeah, because cops don't clean it up. That's what I was saying. But to secure a place for twenty years as a crime scene? They didn't even do that for Tate-LaBianca, etc. The heirs probably did it and in the 80's this sort of thing was still shocking, not ok. It probably wouldn't have sold even if they'd tried.

I, myself, don't go ghosthunting. I saw enough without looking for them. This place, I very much doubt is haunted. I feel none of that from the photos, but am sure someone can let me know I can't know that :). Now, if they start letting folks in to do seances and ghost hunt and such, something will move in, but the family is not there anymore.

As for Cooper, he'll pay, as we all do. There's a lot of worse things than dying.

JMO

NS

UH HUH!! heck naw! I'll tell you what.. if I bought a house and that happend there, and I wasn't told about it, I'd own them. I'd make sure of it... that is meeeessed up!!

That's like those Lutzes, they bought that house after an entire family had been massacred, and expected it NOT to be haunted?... yah right!

If they are letting this guy go, as long as it's been, it's never gonna be solved.

Then what is your question? If no one ever went in, and cleaned it up, the blood is still there, yeah, because cops don't clean it up. That's what I was saying. But to secure a place for twenty years as a crime scene? They didn't even do that for Tate-LaBianca, etc. The heirs probably did it and in the 80's this sort of thing was still shocking, not ok. It probably wouldn't have sold even if they'd tried.

I, myself, don't go ghosthunting. I saw enough without looking for them. This place, I very much doubt is haunted. I feel none of that from the photos, but am sure someone can let me know I can't know that :). Now, if they start letting folks in to do seances and ghost hunt and such, something will move in, but the family is not there anymore.

As for Cooper, he'll pay, as we all do. There's a lot of worse things than dying.

JMO

NS

I've never heard of a place being secured as a crime scene that long-- still intact after this many years...

You couldn't pay me to stay ONE single night in that house... cleaned or not, haunted or not. B) It's knowing what went on in there..

I was gonna ask about this Cooper dude, and what exactly they did have on him, but I'm afraid to know... Even a bigger blow to this family if he's the one and they are sitting him free... tragedy on a tragedy.

they couldnt find enough evidence to convict cooper like they could find his DNA or anything and the boy that survived didnt know if it was cooper or not because it was "dark" and all he saw were shadows and cooper wasnt the only one there were 3 guys plus cooper had a really good lawyer :] so they are letting him out