Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1960 Evil Overpass ! Humble, TX

NME_locus

Oh cmon!

I just now got here, and you're saying the the story is dead. :/

I've lived in Atascocita my whole life, and have drove across the overpass many times. My brother has been to the cemetery at least three times, met "Crazy Charlie", got inside the Dollar Theater with his friend, and he told me about some figure that would sit on a bench in front of that church.

If anybody is still interested in all this, please continue to investigate and reply.

Oh cmon!

I just now got here, and you're saying the the story is dead. :/

I've lived in Atascocita my whole life, and have drove across the overpass many times. My brother has been to the cemetery at least three times, met "Crazy Charlie", got inside the Dollar Theater with his friend, and he told me about some figure that would sit on a bench in front of that church.

If anybody is still interested in all this, please continue to investigate and reply.

I don't think this is going to die, I mean, it has 40 something pages,which is a pretty big thread.

As far as activity at the location goes, there maybe times when nothing happens, and then other times when pardon the expression, all hell breaks loose so to speak. maybe the times that people have been there and nothing happend was a time period for what ever reason, the paranormal activity had to slow down, and recharge it's battery.Even people who live in haunted houses say that sometime acitivity in their home quites down for a few days or longer, and then will start up again.

• 3 weeks later...

Id like to go check it out during the day some time then eventually at night. I work right near it. I can see the overpass from my office building> Just never went there. Let me know

valorikx221@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

i went there tonight but we were trying to find the church....we only found the graveyard but it wasn't really scary...there were alot of old tomb stones and i remember one where the tomb was about ready to fall of if you touched it good enough. do you know where i could find the church? i also remember like a concrete circle thing with a flag pole in the middle and a memorial reef.

Has anyone put up a webcam to film the areas where sightings have been claimed? Plus it makes me wonder why these places or are left to rot. There are enough non believers and hard lined skeptics around. Why don't they just take over these buildings.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys my friends and i wanna go there this friday, but we have no clue where exactly to look. anyone have an address? i'm on google maps and i can see the overpass and the train tracks, but where the hell is the church and graveyard? i don't see how the overpass can be haunted...if you flash the drivers with yer flash lights they'd just get p***ed off and flip you the finger. that'd be the only thing i can imagine for that spot. but the graveyard, church and theater sound awesome.

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old post... but I just wanted to add in my two cents. I've never heard that this area was haunted. I live in Humble. In fact, when I was fourteen and I (stupidly) ran away from home, I lived under this SAME bridge accross from the rail road tracks. I never saw/heard anything scary. And I spook easily.

And people saying the businesses close down and never survive in this area because of the ghosts... well I guess the ghosts like mexican food, because the Panchos has been there for years.

:P

• 2 months later...

Hi, I lived in the area for all my life, and I knew about this place thu searches on the internet. Plus, my father knows the guy of the Old Dollar theater.

If anyone is interested in the date of my investigation, I could give you the date. Just PM me on the broads.

Went there tonight and ran into some guy that calls himself "wolf." Seemed to be a homeless guy, but proceeded to tell us all these crazy stories, about how he used to shoot children when he was in the Russian army as a sniper...He took us over to the cemetery, but he proceeded to ramble on and on with all these crazy tales...

Anybody run into him?

Went there tonight and ran into some guy that calls himself "wolf." Seemed to be a homeless guy, but proceeded to tell us all these crazy stories, about how he used to shoot children when he was in the Russian army as a sniper...He took us over to the cemetery, but he proceeded to ramble on and on with all these crazy tales...

Anybody run into him?

heheh Sounds kinda cool. Not the children killing part, but talking to an eccentric. Guess you make your own fun...

• 2 months later...

Anybody run into him?

this just reminded me of something from my childhood. the tracks are like yards away from my property. live a lil north of rankin. i grew up in the woods.. playing there was always my favorite thing. i remember prolly when i was in 5th grade or so... a long long time ago.. me and my friends were on the tracks. there was this dude walking towards us. his shirt was gray and had a skull design all over it. my friend was like mesmerized by him and was just standing there frozen.. i had to physically pull her off the tracks so we could get away... not that he necessarily looked threatening.. but.. not tryin to meet strangers in the woods...

anywhos..

swear to god.. like at the last second of looking at him, he turned into a gray wolf. we ran like mad. thru the trail, past my house, and on to my grandma's. that guy KNEW where we had gone. went right to my grandmas house.. my grandpa was outside.. and that dude had asked him if he had seen 3 girls running around. scary. so yeah. stoopid of him tho since my whole hood is my family too. baaaaaaa

btw i havent been able to sleep lately. i am still fugged up after my last ghosthunting experience.. dec of 2007. at the time, i finally had the proof of knowing that shiv is real. now, i'm stuck with more curiousities tho. been doin so much online research. still have so many questions. its like i've become obsessed again.. like i was before when that damn bell would ring being the ODT.

when i was way down the tracks from the bell, and was doing digital recorder interviewing... the bell heard me and started ringing. demon, spirit, ghost, what?? did it follow me, then zoom back over to ring the bell? is it just everywhere.

then at the golf n games on townsend. it turned off my recorder to record. multiple voices. and i dont think the loudness, deepness, huskiness of the predominant voice meant that it was bad... but the other voices.. it was of ghosts.. spirits.. whatever.. having sex.. had to be. and that just came off as evil. it's male and female.. they'r moaning.. the chik says "yes baby" then the predominant voice comes on and says "leave".. the chick voice says "yeah" like she's bout to get it.. then the main voice continues.. "please leave this place. leave this place. you can't help us LIVE". piloerection right now.

i had some friends over the other nite and i turned the evp up real loud for them to hear cuz they hadnt yet..

and one of them brought up a good point. see, there's this noice that sounds like a motorcycle or something like it.. driving by.. but what is it really? since the recorder was off it wouldnt have picked it up. if anything.. it would have picked up 30sec of me beetching.. "fugg radioshack.. i just bought this damn thing.. why wont it turn on. it was just on!

are we really bothering them so badly that they just really want us gone that bad? and what are the ones havin sex about? since all up and down the tracks.. it's haunted.. just along the whole damn thing... i dunno.

townsend. Humble was segregated in 1933 and they made all the blacks leave.. even made them dig up their dead and move them outside humble's town limits. must be black ghosts then right?

sorry. i just cant stop thinking about all kinds of things. fugg that christmas eve ghost hunters marathon. then playing zombie games on the xbox. thanks nitemares.

whatever. my myspace is /jexelli. in my top friends.. look for the two naked chix in a pool.. go to that page.. and listen to the EVP thing. just tell me what you think.

spooky as hell. enuff to have me stop alla this. now i just wanna hunt vicariously thru friends.. make em do the dirty work for me. too much of a puss. and that's saying a lot. i'm a big strong brutal pitstompin bishnu and to say i'm afraid of this..

makes me want to ask mike & cathy some more questions about when they had the church there. church there was fun. to get there a lil early and play in the old putt putt stuff outside. just as it was starting to get dark. eat some green alien gel acid. sittin there trippin. while everyone else is sittin there singing J-E-S-U-S-C-H-R-I-S-T. we were spellin out green alien. i do remember feelin not alone when i was.. in the bathroom there. but nothing else. tortillas and grape juice was our communinon and then time for drums. i wanna ask more questions about why they moved. then they had moved it to.. what was it.. gods word in action maybe? and it was right there by that motel.. what is it.. something with an 8. lil mini strip before you get to home depot.

its now 2am. i have to wake up @ 6 to get ollie in daycare and go to work and look at me. this is every night. obsessed. why now.

my brother killed himself in that hotel on will clayton right past the overpass.. before the dps. two.. three years ago. before he left home for that hotel.. he had the cordless phone with him. looked everywhere for it. paged it. looked in the yard and in the ditches down the street. he had a liberty cab pick him up. liberty cab was on the caller id. i answered it but there was nothing bc someone else in the house had picked it up already. i looked outside. cab in my driveway. knocked on my brothers door to ask him if he was waiting on a cab. no answer. door was locked and music was on. i told my dad. his room was empty.. he had left thru the window with the phone. my dad followed them in his truck. first stop was tjs liquor. leon bought whiskey. my dad told him not to come him. leon said he wouldnt. i already knew what was going to happen. i couldnt do anything about it.

anyway. after his death. i got a feeling... i just KNEW that he regretted what he had done. i knew he was around watching us and seeing all the hurt on his family and i knew all the crack dementia was gone. i felt like he was saying to me personally that he was sorry and that he had no idea that we would even have cared.. and he saw that we did. my sister drove down from arkansas upon the news.

that night there was scratching on my window. i was too afraid to look. i spoke out loud that i was sorry but it was wrong to communicate with the dead ( i had already been spooked by my experience at the GnG on townsend)

we all woke up @ 6am the next morning and gathered together. the missing cordless phone was on the cradle. i asked who had found it. everyone claimed not it. my brother loved the beatles. my sister wanted to listen to his music. i put on a cd. when "come together, right now, over me" was sung.. my fan started slowing spinning one way and then the other. that was a sign to me. the fan was not on. he's still around. he flickers the lights in my room and in my son's room very frequently. there's this toy that even when it's off.. and my kid doesnt even ever play with it.. it just sits on the bottom of his book shelf... it comes on. "let's explore and learn". and if i walk thru my son's room to the kitchen.. it'll go off as soon as i walk by... or if i say "leon stop it already" it'll go off again the same time the light flickers.

too scared to masterbate in my own house now.

2:30am. FUGG@! for reall get some sleep already. sorry for all the ramblin. what else could i do

my buddy is from humble and my cousin lives in houston. maybe ill try to go one of these days. but be careful, some parts of humble are dangerous. i was there 4 months ago and my cousin is a cop and he told me a shootin took place just south of humble.

Sorry I went back in the past but it needed some warm blood around here, so I brought it back, necroposting or something like that. I wont do it again, even though it might mean me commenting 10-20 times on one posting. Plus the THOUGHT POLICE will have ball with all my redundant comments. ME CULPA, MEA CULPA.

i once heard abandoned churches are extremely bad luck to be around and often have dominic activity going on in and around them if they are abandoned

i edited this post because i wrote "tey" instead of "they"- typing error

Edited by sirdan180

Hi everyone :)

I am brand new to the area and have been looking up the 1960 overpass story (I am from Michigan). I'm into stuff like this and have had personal experiences with things that can't be explained. Very interesting thread. I'm thinking about taking a drive down there tomorrow.

i once heard abandoned churches are extremely bad luck to be around and often have dominic activity going on in and around them if they are abandoned

i edited this post because i wrote "tey" instead of "they"- typing error

This is actually been reported many times. Many demons like to inhabit abandoned churches not because there's no "holy" presense there anymore but simply because churches are symbolic of human spirituality and know that the inhabitants are gone, they "take over" persay.

Demonic forces have also been known to drive away any "normal" spirits inhabiting the place before hand.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not posted here in a few years, which this is the only thread I have contributed to at all.

I never got around to posting about the expedition to the overpass which took place about three or four years ago. Two outtings were conducted and nothing was found except the decrepit cemetery.

Police have been actively monitoring the area now due to some pretty high profile vandalism in the past couple of years so be on the watch out. The second outing we did encounter police during the debriefing session under the overpass itself (the turn around on the east side of the over pass).

The easiest way to get there is via the train tracks, and you can get in a lot of trouble since they are considered private property. Also quite dangerous in that area because the passage way is quite narrow in places with little room on either side of the tracks.

If anyone wants more information, feel free to contact me and I can tell you what I know. Due to the police I do not recommend going out there because they will give tickets if you are caught (we got away with a warning only because they could not prove we went out there since we had already come back). I cant recall who owns the land there, but the best bet is to arrange something with the land owners rather than trespassing. Its a lot different out there now than when we went a few years ago since the vandalism.

• 3 months later...

hey me and my friend and my dad went down on the train tracks this night and we heard if you use cigarettes and connect them lightly together at the tips and if it moves inward outward up or down then that means there is paranormal activity near. And we tried it and it did happen. i got pushed back several times. we took pictures and got several red dots out of no where there were cops there and we asked them if we could talk to them on camera saying what had happened but he said nobody likes talking about this and that he would not talk about it which made me very suspicious the cops said two kids dug up bodies and used the skulls for a bong around last year and they said more paranormal activity has happened and he advised us not to go in that deep we also talked to the manger of pancho's but he did not want to talk about that with us he was very mad when we bought that up to him. if anybody has any stories i would love to hear them please.......

• 1 month later...

First of all, I just wanted to fill you guys in on a place I went to. I'm not asking for opinions nor am I trying to prove anything...this is just what I know happend. If you want to jump into the topic..<b>Here's the link about the area : but read below to find exactly where story is located.</b>

Scroll past all the cities til you see <b>Houston</b>, after that, scroll a few lines past that and the city is called <b>Humble, Texas : 1960 Overpass</b>...you will realized the next few stories following it are different buildings, but at the same location.

<a href="http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/texas.htm" target="_blank">http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/texas.htm</a>

Ok, after I left work (where I mostly post from) I went home to gather a few things to go on an investigation. I don't have much equipment exept the general requirements such as Digital Camera, Digital Voice Recorder, and LED Flashlite with Red lense (which I preferred just brite light because I was spooked out.) I figured white light is purest for this occassion because Red look too eeirefor my current mood. HAha What a wus I am. The other members I usually asked to go with me were tied up do to family and wife reasons. (wife did not let him go play)

Anyways, I drove around 45 minutes to a supposedly extremely haunted place. This area is outside Houston, Texas. From what I have heard, everything around the area is active. All the buildings are said to be closed down due to this activity. So, as I drove there, I exited the off ramp and it does a u-turn underneath where there are railroad tracks. So when I spotted the Tracks, I looked around and i drove dead smack into it and didn't even realize this. The freakiest thing I saw was a church, because it has been abondoned from what I saw because the chains on the front door and from what i have read about it. They did not mentioned that there would be a giant white cross in front of the church doors. It looked more like it was there to deter evil spirits instead of a cross that symbolizes a church. Also, the Movie theater, miniture golf and wharhouse are all shut down due to enexplained events. Now to see a church scared enough to shut down is spooky.

Interesting part is, I had a sense of chest pains, like a stress or anxiety attack. Might be a vibe frim all the negative energy, might not. Who knows. N-E ways, it was a overwhelming feeling, you know that feeling when your nervous, and as much as i tried to hold my composure, evry hair on my body stood straight up. The area was built over a confederate cemetery and some of the bodies were unearth during the cinstuction prcess and no took the extra effert in cautiosly and consideratly bury the bodies back carefully. instead, they wrecklessly relocated in to the woods surrounding area. It is said that walking Corpses can be seen walikng around. I tried to snap some photo of the area for you guys, but my batteries in my Digital Camera went dead. This is strange because I spent all day charging them. Everyone knows if you use regular batteris in a digital does not last long, so i am always prepared. I use High Powered Energizer Rechargable Nickel-metal Hydride. Those give me at least 70 pictures on my memory card or about 8 three minute video clips. anyways, i powered the camera on, and it died. Tried it again, battery died, so I switched batteries to the other ones i charged also just hours earlier. They died also. Maybe this is dure to some Electro manetic field. i would not know what else to explain...don't say I didn't charge them correctly, because I have the Indicater light that tells me they're charged. That's not the case because I'm home now, and checking to see if moisture or humidty made it doe this....it turns on...no problem now. Batteries are find.........

I will try to go back, but I'm taking a few friends...anyone else from Houston Area interested in going next time I go....regardless I'll post update.

<b>Here's the link about the area : but read below to find exactly where story is located.</b>

Scroll past all the cities til you see <b>Houston</b>, after that, scroll e few lines past that and the city is called <b>Humble, Texas : 1960 Overpass</b>...you will realized the next few stories following it are different builings, but at the same location.

<a href="http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/texas.htm" target="_blank">http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/texas.htm</a>

ActuallyI'll just copy and paste the info, but the link is to at least varify it does exist since I failed to provide photos, Which I will try to do again...

<b>Humble - 1960 Over Pass Area/Train Track </b> - The East 1960 overpass is now built over what was once a cemetery. The overpass was built to cross a set of train tracks. Workers dug up the cemetery and moved it to the woods beside it. Now It is a extremely evil area. Several business?s along the tracks have reported violent disturbances. There was a Putt Putt course along the tracks in the area that became a church, when the church would be closed in the night demonic screams could be heard from inside. The woods are very active as well, There are images seen floating through the woods as well as red lights, which are believed to be a gateway into pure evil.

<b>Humble - Old Golf and Games </b> - This area is now a church but was abandon for years only a haven to cults and ghosts. The ghosts here are the result of being disturbed by man moving their graves. About 97 percent of every sighting in this area the ghost appear as a rotting corpse. There?s a bench just outside the building where every night there a white figure that sits on the far side of the bench. The figure is that of a human. The corpse like ghosts can also be seen in the woods across from the building wandering through the turned over gravestones and fallen church. IF YOU ATEMPT TO GO TO THIS AREA PLEASE USE EXTREAME CAUTION, THERE HAVE BEEN MURDERS AND BODIES UNCOVERED IN THE WOODS.

<b>Humble - Old Dollar Theater </b> - This Theater is located along a area believed to be haunted by demons and demonic forces. It is part of the 1960 overpass haunting. The workers of the theater would be attacked by the evil entity. It would throw things at them and corner them with shadows. The theater was once blessed with holy water and a cross was put in the projection booth, but everyday the cross was moved from on booth to another unexplained. Some mornings the person who was opening would hear voices from the projection rooms, and footsteps outside the hall. There was one morning when the projectionist went in and found the word "SATIN" carved in the wall of projection booth 2, this booth was where most of the bang and violent attacks occurred.

nice experience man,if i were you i would p***ed myself,im a coward for doing something like this alone,you are cool

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking around for other things about Humble history and ran across this newspaper article about a train wreck in Humble roughly about the same place in 1922 where 7 died that night and 8 more in the hospital the next day.. Could be adding to the activity there.

http://www3.gendisasters.com/texas/721/humble%2C-tx-train-wreck%2C-dec-1922?page=0%2C0

What's uuuuup?

I was born in Houston and have been around the Houston/humble/kingwood area most of my life..the 1960 overpass has a lot of history to it..I've actually seen it on a "most haunted" list before. I am into paranormal activity and spirits etc. I had some experiences as a child and have always had odd things happen around me..I've been told there are not only haunted places but also "haunted people". When I was in college I did an extra credit assignment for a history project and we actually went to cut the grass at an old abandoned cemetary by the over pass..it is an old Negro cemetery. I have heard the stories of the theater and surrounding area but have never gone..I would love to check it out though!!!

i was wandering what did the church look like? me n some friends went to look for it a few times and all we found was a grave yard and some concrete walls that have fallen down. it kinda looks like a church because it has seats. we did not see a bench w/ a spirit on it or see a corps walking around like there is said to be. i was wandering if you culd help me out by lettin me no what it looks like. and have you ever ben to the theater? we tried to go but some people from panchos called the cops. we took a pic of the front of it and we saw a orb like face.-chris