Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wormholes: Fact or Fiction?

joc

Do you Think wormholes exist?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Think wormholes exist?

• I think wormholes exist ........I am certain they do.
    • I think wormholes exist.....but I am not real sure.
    • I don't think wormholes exist.....I am certain they do not.
    • I don't think wormholes exist....but I could be wrong.
    • I don't care whether wormholes exist or not.
    • I find myself asking...What is a wormhole?

ph34r.gif Dudes alien.gif

The following is a summation of theory on the Schwarzschild Wormhole. If you want to indulge further click on the website at the bottom. Your thoughts are invited.

Do Schwarzschild wormholes really exist? Schwarzschild wormholes certainly exist as exact solutions of Einstein's equations.

The complete Schwarzschild geometry consists of a black hole, a white hole, and two Universes connected at their horizons by a wormhole.

A white hole is a black hole running backwards in time. Just as black holes swallow things irretrievably, so also do white holes spit them out. White holes cannot exist, since they violate the second law of thermodynamics. Unfortunately it is impossible for a traveler to pass through the wormhole from one Universe into the other. A traveler can pass through a horizon only in one direction. First, the traveler must wait until the two white holes have merged, and their horizons met. The traveler may then enter through one horizon. But having entered, the traveler cannot exit, either through that horizon or through the horizon on the other side. The fate of the traveler who ventures in is to die at the singularity which forms from the collapse of the wormhole.

In principle, a wormhole could be stabilized by threading its throat with `exotic matter'.

The shell of exotic matter has negative mass and positive surface pressure. The negative mass ensures that the throat of the wormhole lies outside the horizon, so that travelers can pass through it, while the positive surface pressure prevents the wormhole from collapsing.

http://casa.colorado.edu/~ajsh/schww.html ph34r.gif joc alien.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joc

• doomgirl

• TheBloom

tongue.gif I think I might have lost most of you Dudes on that one so let me make it a little simpler whistling2.gif

You know what a black hole is right? It is a star that has imploded to the point where its gravity is so strong it pulls in its own light and everything around it. But Dude, what happens when you go in?

My theory is that if you could visualize a black hole, it would look something like a tornado stretching for perhaps trillions of miles. Inside a tornado it is pure chaos, except in the eye. Stillness prevails there dudes! So .... if you could go into a black hole and navigate into the eye..........you could Worm your way through trillions of miles in a relatively short period of time. Are you still with me Dude?

Anyone else have any thoughts?

ph34r.gif joc alien.gif

alien.gif The reason I am so interested in wormholes, is that without them, I can't fathom how any life forms would be able to traverse the vast distances of outerspace. If UFOs really exist...how did they get here? Did they travel for millions of years at warp speeds? Or did they zip into some wormhole and cut their travel time to a fraction?

ph34r.gif joc alien.gif

What do you believe Doomie?

wub.gif joc

I believe that if I say to much, they (men in white coats) will come and take me away laugh.gif

But I do believe in Worm Holes.

wub.gif Doomie

im rather tempted to see whats going on with them...its damn interesting! and i believe in worm holes....and dude, a black hole is not like a tornado....a black hole is matter compressed so imensly by gravity than light cannot escape it...so you CANT see if...and try to imagine what it would look like if you could is impossible to do!