Thursday, August 17, 2017

Uri Geller's bent spoon is sold at auction

Posted on Tuesday, 3 September, 2013 | Comment icon 7 comments

Geller bends a spoon as he is mobbed by a crowd in Switzerland. Image Credit: CC 3.0 Aquarius2000
A bent spoon given to Uri Geller by Michael Jackson has been sold at a charity auction for £500.
The late singer had gifted the bent spoon to his friend Uri Geller when he acted as his best man on the day the celebrity psychic renewed wedding vows to his wife Hannah Geller at their home in Sonning, Berkshire in 2001.

The otherwise unremarkable piece of cutlery has been adorned with black marker pen by Geller who in memory of the occasion wrote "7 March 2001 M.J. gave me this spoon. Uri Geller." The pair had always enjoyed a close friendship up until Michael Jackson's death in 2009.

Money from the auction of the spoon, which raised £500, will go towards Windsor's Thames Hospicecare. "Michael Jackson's spoon went to a local person, but I reckon it could easily re-sell for much more as it's quite a unique item that has international appeal," said Nick Willson, landlord of The Flowing Spring pub where the auction took place.

Source: BBC News | Comments (7)

Tags: Uri Geller, Michael Jackson

Comment icon #1 Posted by shrooma on 3 September, 2013, 15:08
michael jackson's spoon- £5000 bent by uri geller- £500 . (although, 7th march 2001 was my birthday, and I was doing something a damn sight better than pretending to mangle cutlery.....)
Comment icon #2 Posted by ash68 on 3 September, 2013, 19:35
Wish I'd known MJ I'd love to be given a spoon.
Comment icon #3 Posted by shrooma on 3 September, 2013, 22:11
Wish I'd known MJ I'd love to be given a spoon. . luckily for me Ash, i'm a bit too old to be spooned by MJ..... *shudder* :-)
Comment icon #4 Posted by little_dreamer on 4 September, 2013, 1:39
I have a bent spoon in my dishwasher if anyone wants to buy it...
Comment icon #5 Posted by brlesq1 on 4 September, 2013, 7:20
Bet we see that sucker up on eBay.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Rafterman on 4 September, 2013, 11:49
Kind of a cheap assed wedding gift if you ask me. That's the best the King of Pop could muster? I also take exception to this paragraph: Geller himself has been a figure a controversy for years and the subject of intense criticism by former magician James Randi and other skeptics who believe that Geller's spoon-bending antics are the result of stage trickery as oppose to genuine metaphysical abilities. James Randi PROVED beyond a shadow of a doubt that Uri Geller was nothing more than a stage magician and con man.
Comment icon #7 Posted by SuperDarkboy on 10 September, 2013, 19:02
people stop with this uri geller stuf...stop doing topics on him...i live in israel...get the idea alreadt,there is nothing special in a guy that bending spoons....he is just doing a cheap trick...you can check on the internet how to do this...extremely easy...and get the idea,he never been an mosad spy,never...he is just a stupid guy that tooked drugs and "Saw the god power" like all the people in tomorrowland...

Insect burgers to go on sale in Switzerland
8-16-2017
Insect-based edibles are beginning to appear in shops after a recent revision of food safety laws.
Firm set to put a cellphone tower on the Moon
8-16-2017
A German startup is aiming to land rovers on the Moon that will communicate using cellphone technology.
'Frankenstein dinosaur' is 'missing link'
8-16-2017
The mystery surrounding a dinosaur made up of various mismatched body parts has finally been solved.
Dog turns blue due to polluted Indian River
8-15-2017
Untreated industrial waste in Mumbai's Kasadi river has been turning dogs a rather peculiar color.
Animal symbiotic relationships
Posted 8-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at some of the animal species that rely on one another to survive.

How much of the Earth can be seen at once ?
Posted 8-15-2017 | 0 comments
What is the maximum amount of our planet that you can see from any given point ?

Will batteries power the world ?
Posted 8-14-2017 | 0 comments
Is there a limit to how small and light a rechargeable lithium-ion battery can be ?

Ghost experiences ?
8-11-2017 | United States

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama