Friday, November 17, 2017

Bigfoot sighting investigated in Nebraska

Posted on Monday, 9 September, 2013 | Comment icon 28 comments

The creature jumped out in front of a vehicle. Image Credit: (PD)
Authorities have been looking in to the sighting of an alleged Bigfoot on a road near Linwood.
In what Sheriff Kevin Stukenholtz admits is his first Bigfoot case, a 15-year-old was said to have encountered a 7ft humanoid covered in hair when it dashed out in front of the vehicle he was driving at around 5:30am one morning in July.

Both the Sheriff and the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission investigated the sighting that took place on a road next to the Platte River between Morse Bluff and Linwood around 60 miles west of Omaha. Particularly interesting was the fact that several samples of hair were recovered from the scene and later sent away for analysis, however the results have yet to be published.

"We arenít sure what it was, but we're looking into it," Stukenholtz said of the sighting. While unconvinced about the involvement of a cryptozoological creature he remains adamant that there is no reason the witness would be lying.

Anthropology and anatomy professor Jeff Meldrum, a well known Bigfoot researcher, also weighed in on the report. He was was skeptical that Nebraska, given the lack of expansive wilderness, could support an undiscovered primate and believes that the report would have more merit if there had been additional witnesses to corroborate the story.

Source: Star Herald | Comments (28)

Tags: Bigfoot, Omaha

Comment icon #19 Posted by QuiteContrary on 10 September, 2013, 1:56
Keep in mind that Meldrum may have a case of "I can't see the forest for all those damned trees in the way" thing going on as well. Hey, it happens to the best of us, myself included. Of course, after he got stabbed in the **** with that raw carrot by Dyer, me thinks he's not in so great a hurry to slap his seal of approval/endorsement on any sighting. Sure, but I still want to know his current thoughts on possible NA bigfoot habitat...and why...without any kowtowing to the bf community...
Comment icon #20 Posted by keninsc on 10 September, 2013, 2:50
You may have to buy his memories after he retires or dies.
Comment icon #21 Posted by keninsc on 10 September, 2013, 2:52
These Bigfooter meetings sound hardcore Yeah, they do get pretty ugly from time to time.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Mr. Smith on 10 September, 2013, 3:03
Despite the 99.99% likelihood of this being something other than BF I find the idea plausible. IF there really is a BF population they could get pretty far south of the great white north traveling by waterways, forests or farmland at night. Not many people between that part of NE and real wilderness.
Comment icon #23 Posted by keninsc on 10 September, 2013, 5:21
Comment icon #24 Posted by Starseed hybrid 1111 on 10 September, 2013, 21:24
Comment icon #25 Posted by DieChecker on 10 September, 2013, 23:29
Bigfoot travel patterns are an enigma really. They seem t avoid regular wildlife trails but they are often seen walking beside or across roads at night. They seem to be attracted to the voices of small children and females, yet they shun everyone else. They must hunt yet no one has ever captured a Bigfoot chasing an animal before on film. Why do they appear to be curious about humans but avoid them? People report seeing them in open fields frpm time to time, no one seems to expect to see them in an open field. They are curious. Nah. They follow the game trails, it's just that they can detect g... [More]
Comment icon #26 Posted by keninsc on 11 September, 2013, 4:05
pretty interesting but how come they never get pictures or anything like clear ones and of the actual big foot?do i believe in weird creatures yes but its been years now since they haven't got anything solid i believe though. I wish I had a good answer for you, but sadly I don't. Fact is therevis very little in terms of any hard evidence to support clsims of such a creature. Then you add in the number of hoaxes, just plain liars and people like Slick Rick Dyer into the frey and it damned easy to become cynical about the whole subject. However, there is just enough to make me wonder and to be h... [More]
Comment icon #27 Posted by slaughtr on 18 September, 2013, 13:56
Comment icon #28 Posted by keninsc on 18 September, 2013, 17:35
I n my opinion I don't think every incident needs proof even though it helps but as usual the same story and deion is given and to most it still has no merit.If it happens to me I don't care what any skeptical person thinks so really whatever. Just as I've experienced paranormal activity before I know what I saw and I don't want to hear any scientific gibberish.Bigfoot exist so accept it, why it can't be caught because it knows the woods better than man I don't care how many years you have been hunting. That's an awfully bold statement considering the notable lack of evidence. Some footprints,... [More]

China to build nuclear-powered space shuttle
11-17-2017
The long-term roadmap for China's space program has been revealed by one of its primary contractors.
Skepticism surrounds head transplant success
11-17-2017
Controversial surgeon Sergio Canavero claims that he has performed the first ever human head transplant.
Alien hunters send message to nearby system
11-17-2017
Astronomers are hoping to one day establish contact with an advanced extraterrestrial civilization.
Mystery surrounds $450M da Vinci painting
11-16-2017
The 500-year-old painting, which sold for a record-breaking sum at auction, has a few peculiarities.
What happened to the Library of Alexandria ?
Posted 11-17-2017 | 5 comments
What really happened to the vast wealth of knowledge stored in the ancient library ?

World's largest sticker ball
Posted 11-14-2017 | 1 comment
This enormous ball of stickers contains somewhere in the region of 200,000 stickers.

Caving claustrophobia
Posted 11-10-2017 | 12 comments
A montage of shots from caving in some of the most cramped conditions on Earth.

World's largest reptile zoo
Posted 11-4-2017 | 1 comment
Reptile Gardens in South Dakota has more species of reptile than any other zoo on the planet.

Life in the Arctic wilderness
Posted 11-2-2017 | 1 comment
Reindeer herders of the Arctic circle live out in the wilderness for several months each year.

Strange occurrences
11-15-2017 | Fife

Mysterious music box song
11-15-2017 | U.S.A

Haunted military house
10-23-2017 | New Zealand

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom

Ghost playing with a balloon?
10-18-2017 | Australia

Impossible phone call
10-18-2017 | West Virginia

Seeing cats
10-18-2017 | Santa Rosa

Fourth of July UFO show
10-18-2017 | Hillsboro ND

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa