Thursday, December 8, 2016

Bigfoot sighting investigated in Nebraska

Posted on Monday, 9 September, 2013 | Comment icon 28 comments

The creature jumped out in front of a vehicle. Image Credit: (PD)
Authorities have been looking in to the sighting of an alleged Bigfoot on a road near Linwood.
In what Sheriff Kevin Stukenholtz admits is his first Bigfoot case, a 15-year-old was said to have encountered a 7ft humanoid covered in hair when it dashed out in front of the vehicle he was driving at around 5:30am one morning in July.

Both the Sheriff and the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission investigated the sighting that took place on a road next to the Platte River between Morse Bluff and Linwood around 60 miles west of Omaha. Particularly interesting was the fact that several samples of hair were recovered from the scene and later sent away for analysis, however the results have yet to be published.

"We arenít sure what it was, but we're looking into it," Stukenholtz said of the sighting. While unconvinced about the involvement of a cryptozoological creature he remains adamant that there is no reason the witness would be lying.

Anthropology and anatomy professor Jeff Meldrum, a well known Bigfoot researcher, also weighed in on the report. He was was skeptical that Nebraska, given the lack of expansive wilderness, could support an undiscovered primate and believes that the report would have more merit if there had been additional witnesses to corroborate the story.

Source: Star Herald | Comments (28)

Tags: Bigfoot, Omaha

Comment icon #19 Posted by QuiteContrary on 10 September, 2013, 1:56
Keep in mind that Meldrum may have a case of "I can't see the forest for all those damned trees in the way" thing going on as well. Hey, it happens to the best of us, myself included. Of course, after he got stabbed in the **** with that raw carrot by Dyer, me thinks he's not in so great a hurry to slap his seal of approval/endorsement on any sighting. Sure, but I still want to know his current thoughts on possible NA bigfoot habitat...and why...without any kowtowing to the bf community...
Comment icon #20 Posted by keninsc on 10 September, 2013, 2:50
You may have to buy his memories after he retires or dies.
Comment icon #21 Posted by keninsc on 10 September, 2013, 2:52
These Bigfooter meetings sound hardcore Yeah, they do get pretty ugly from time to time.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Mr. Smith on 10 September, 2013, 3:03
Despite the 99.99% likelihood of this being something other than BF I find the idea plausible. IF there really is a BF population they could get pretty far south of the great white north traveling by waterways, forests or farmland at night. Not many people between that part of NE and real wilderness.
Comment icon #23 Posted by keninsc on 10 September, 2013, 5:21
Comment icon #24 Posted by Starseed hybrid 1111 on 10 September, 2013, 21:24
Comment icon #25 Posted by DieChecker on 10 September, 2013, 23:29
Bigfoot travel patterns are an enigma really. They seem t avoid regular wildlife trails but they are often seen walking beside or across roads at night. They seem to be attracted to the voices of small children and females, yet they shun everyone else. They must hunt yet no one has ever captured a Bigfoot chasing an animal before on film. Why do they appear to be curious about humans but avoid them? People report seeing them in open fields frpm time to time, no one seems to expect to see them in an open field. They are curious. Nah. They follow the game trails, it's just that they can detect g... [More]
Comment icon #26 Posted by keninsc on 11 September, 2013, 4:05
pretty interesting but how come they never get pictures or anything like clear ones and of the actual big foot?do i believe in weird creatures yes but its been years now since they haven't got anything solid i believe though. I wish I had a good answer for you, but sadly I don't. Fact is therevis very little in terms of any hard evidence to support clsims of such a creature. Then you add in the number of hoaxes, just plain liars and people like Slick Rick Dyer into the frey and it damned easy to become cynical about the whole subject. However, there is just enough to make me wonder and to be h... [More]
Comment icon #27 Posted by slaughtr on 18 September, 2013, 13:56
Comment icon #28 Posted by keninsc on 18 September, 2013, 17:35
I n my opinion I don't think every incident needs proof even though it helps but as usual the same story and deion is given and to most it still has no merit.If it happens to me I don't care what any skeptical person thinks so really whatever. Just as I've experienced paranormal activity before I know what I saw and I don't want to hear any scientific gibberish.Bigfoot exist so accept it, why it can't be caught because it knows the woods better than man I don't care how many years you have been hunting. That's an awfully bold statement considering the notable lack of evidence. Some footprints,... [More]

Bleak figures show giraffes face extinction
12-8-2016
The world's tallest animal has suffered a worrying decline in numbers over the last three decades.
Loch Ness Monster sightings are on the rise
12-7-2016
There have been more sightings of the elusive creature this year than during any other this millennium.
Earth to see 25-hour days as rotation slows
12-7-2016
Scientists have been attempting to work out how long it will take for us to gain an extra hour per day.
Germany's nuclear fusion reactor really works
12-6-2016
Scientists have confirmed that the experimental machine is operating with 'unprecedented accuracy'.
Featured book

By Toryn Chapman
Campbell Mackenzie is a successful lawyer with occasional feelings of déjà vu. There's just one problem, though - it's not déjà vu.
Exploding 6ft water balloon in slow motion
Posted 12-8-2016 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys film what happens when you sit inside a giant exploding water balloon.

What happens when you swallow gum ?
Posted 12-7-2016 | 3 comments
Ever swallowed a piece of chewing gum by accident ? Here's what happens.

Indestructible coating ?
Posted 12-6-2016 | 4 comments
A look at polyurea, an elastomer that can make objects extremely difficult to damage.

World's longest shout
Posted 12-5-2016 | 1 comment
Christian Kinner from Germany managed to shout for over 43 seconds non-stop.

Top 10 facts about James Webb Telescope
Posted 12-4-2016 | 0 comments
A look at the upcoming orbital observatory and what it will see in the depths of space.

Not my daughter