Sunday, April 23, 2017

Bigfoot sighting investigated in Nebraska

Posted on Monday, 9 September, 2013 | Comment icon 28 comments

The creature jumped out in front of a vehicle. Image Credit: (PD)
Authorities have been looking in to the sighting of an alleged Bigfoot on a road near Linwood.
In what Sheriff Kevin Stukenholtz admits is his first Bigfoot case, a 15-year-old was said to have encountered a 7ft humanoid covered in hair when it dashed out in front of the vehicle he was driving at around 5:30am one morning in July.

Both the Sheriff and the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission investigated the sighting that took place on a road next to the Platte River between Morse Bluff and Linwood around 60 miles west of Omaha. Particularly interesting was the fact that several samples of hair were recovered from the scene and later sent away for analysis, however the results have yet to be published.

"We arenít sure what it was, but we're looking into it," Stukenholtz said of the sighting. While unconvinced about the involvement of a cryptozoological creature he remains adamant that there is no reason the witness would be lying.

Anthropology and anatomy professor Jeff Meldrum, a well known Bigfoot researcher, also weighed in on the report. He was was skeptical that Nebraska, given the lack of expansive wilderness, could support an undiscovered primate and believes that the report would have more merit if there had been additional witnesses to corroborate the story.

Source: Star Herald | Comments (28)

Tags: Bigfoot, Omaha

Comment icon #19 Posted by QuiteContrary on 10 September, 2013, 1:56
Keep in mind that Meldrum may have a case of "I can't see the forest for all those damned trees in the way" thing going on as well. Hey, it happens to the best of us, myself included. Of course, after he got stabbed in the **** with that raw carrot by Dyer, me thinks he's not in so great a hurry to slap his seal of approval/endorsement on any sighting. Sure, but I still want to know his current thoughts on possible NA bigfoot habitat...and why...without any kowtowing to the bf community...
Comment icon #20 Posted by keninsc on 10 September, 2013, 2:50
You may have to buy his memories after he retires or dies.
Comment icon #21 Posted by keninsc on 10 September, 2013, 2:52
These Bigfooter meetings sound hardcore Yeah, they do get pretty ugly from time to time.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Mr. Smith on 10 September, 2013, 3:03
Despite the 99.99% likelihood of this being something other than BF I find the idea plausible. IF there really is a BF population they could get pretty far south of the great white north traveling by waterways, forests or farmland at night. Not many people between that part of NE and real wilderness.
Comment icon #23 Posted by keninsc on 10 September, 2013, 5:21
Comment icon #24 Posted by Starseed hybrid 1111 on 10 September, 2013, 21:24
Comment icon #25 Posted by DieChecker on 10 September, 2013, 23:29
Bigfoot travel patterns are an enigma really. They seem t avoid regular wildlife trails but they are often seen walking beside or across roads at night. They seem to be attracted to the voices of small children and females, yet they shun everyone else. They must hunt yet no one has ever captured a Bigfoot chasing an animal before on film. Why do they appear to be curious about humans but avoid them? People report seeing them in open fields frpm time to time, no one seems to expect to see them in an open field. They are curious. Nah. They follow the game trails, it's just that they can detect g... [More]
Comment icon #26 Posted by keninsc on 11 September, 2013, 4:05
pretty interesting but how come they never get pictures or anything like clear ones and of the actual big foot?do i believe in weird creatures yes but its been years now since they haven't got anything solid i believe though. I wish I had a good answer for you, but sadly I don't. Fact is therevis very little in terms of any hard evidence to support clsims of such a creature. Then you add in the number of hoaxes, just plain liars and people like Slick Rick Dyer into the frey and it damned easy to become cynical about the whole subject. However, there is just enough to make me wonder and to be h... [More]
Comment icon #27 Posted by slaughtr on 18 September, 2013, 13:56
Comment icon #28 Posted by keninsc on 18 September, 2013, 17:35
I n my opinion I don't think every incident needs proof even though it helps but as usual the same story and deion is given and to most it still has no merit.If it happens to me I don't care what any skeptical person thinks so really whatever. Just as I've experienced paranormal activity before I know what I saw and I don't want to hear any scientific gibberish.Bigfoot exist so accept it, why it can't be caught because it knows the woods better than man I don't care how many years you have been hunting. That's an awfully bold statement considering the notable lack of evidence. Some footprints,... [More]

'Most Haunted' crew films 'ghost' in old house
4-22-2017
The footage shows a shadowy figure walking up a staircase in a stately home in Rotherham, England.
Mystery haul of gold coins found inside piano
4-22-2017
The treasure trove was found in Shropshire, England inside an old school piano that was being retuned.
'Hobbits' much older than previously thought
4-21-2017
Scientists have revealed that Homo floresiensis is actually one of the earliest known forms of human.
Ancient carvings confirm deadly comet strike
4-21-2017
Symbols found at Gobekli Tepe seem to confirm that a comet struck the Earth in the year 10,950 B.C.
The human bridge of musicality
Posted 4-22-2017 | 0 comments
A look at how the human brain perceives the concept of music and how it is processed.

Swarm of locusts
Posted 4-21-2017 | 0 comments
A look at the extreme destructive power of an enormous swarm of desert locusts.

Lawrence Krauss on optimism
Posted 4-20-2017 | 0 comments
Physicist Lawrence Krauss discusses the fact that the universe doesn't care about us at all.

A whale of a time capsule
Posted 4-19-2017 | 1 comment
Researchers investigate old newspapers used in a 1930s museum display of a blue whale.

Can space junk kill you ?
Posted 4-18-2017 | 0 comments
With so much junk floating around in orbit, how likely is it to actually kill you ?

Grandpa's visit
4-14-2017 | Portugal

Mysterious dog
4-14-2017 | Utah

A night to remember
4-14-2017 | Philippines

Am I going crazy ?
3-30-2017 | South Africa

Sleep paralysis or my father ?
3-30-2017 | Los Angeles