Friday, November 27, 2015   |   5,042 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Bigfoot sighting investigated in Nebraska

Posted on Monday, 9 September, 2013 | Comment icon 28 comments

The creature jumped out in front of a vehicle. Image Credit: (PD)
Authorities have been looking in to the sighting of an alleged Bigfoot on a road near Linwood.
In what Sheriff Kevin Stukenholtz admits is his first Bigfoot case, a 15-year-old was said to have encountered a 7ft humanoid covered in hair when it dashed out in front of the vehicle he was driving at around 5:30am one morning in July.

Both the Sheriff and the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission investigated the sighting that took place on a road next to the Platte River between Morse Bluff and Linwood around 60 miles west of Omaha. Particularly interesting was the fact that several samples of hair were recovered from the scene and later sent away for analysis, however the results have yet to be published.

"We arenít sure what it was, but we're looking into it," Stukenholtz said of the sighting. While unconvinced about the involvement of a cryptozoological creature he remains adamant that there is no reason the witness would be lying.

Anthropology and anatomy professor Jeff Meldrum, a well known Bigfoot researcher, also weighed in on the report. He was was skeptical that Nebraska, given the lack of expansive wilderness, could support an undiscovered primate and believes that the report would have more merit if there had been additional witnesses to corroborate the story.

Source: Star Herald | Comments (28)

Tags: Bigfoot, Omaha

Comment icon #19 Posted by QuiteContrary on 10 September, 2013, 1:56
Sure, but I still want to know his current thoughts on possible NA bigfoot habitat...and why...without any kowtowing to the bf community...
Comment icon #20 Posted by keninsc on 10 September, 2013, 2:50
You may have to buy his memories after he retires or dies.
Comment icon #21 Posted by keninsc on 10 September, 2013, 2:52
Yeah, they do get pretty ugly from time to time.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Mr. Smith on 10 September, 2013, 3:03
Despite the 99.99% likelihood of this being something other than BF I find the idea plausible. IF there really is a BF population they could get pretty far south of the great white north traveling by waterways, forests or farmland at night. Not many people between that part of NE and real wilderness.
Comment icon #23 Posted by keninsc on 10 September, 2013, 5:21
Bigfoot travel patterns are an enigma really. They seem t avoid regular wildlife trails but they are often seen walking beside or across roads at night. They seem to be attracted to the voices of small children and females, yet they shun everyone else. They must hunt yet no one has ever captured a Bigfoot chasing an animal before on film. Why do they appear to be curious about humans but avoid them? People report seeing them in open fields frpm time to time, no one seems to expect to see them in an open field. They are curious.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Starseed hybrid 1111 on 10 September, 2013, 21:24
pretty interesting but how come they never get pictures or anything like clear ones and of the actual big foot?do i believe in weird creatures yes but its been years now since they haven't got anything solid i believe though.
Comment icon #25 Posted by DieChecker on 10 September, 2013, 23:29
Nah. They follow the game trails, it's just that they can detect game cams and so they never get recorded that way. The ones that get into neighborhoods and that wander into Nebraska are those Dang Pesky Juvenile Bigfoots. Stupid curious teenager bigfoots making the secret lives of their elders harder, because of all the crazies out banging sticks on trees and Hallooooo'ing out in the woods.
Comment icon #26 Posted by keninsc on 11 September, 2013, 4:05
I wish I had a good answer for you, but sadly I don't. Fact is therevis very little in terms of any hard evidence to support clsims of such a creature. Then you add in the number of hoaxes, just plain liars and people like Slick Rick Dyer into the frey and it damned easy to become cynical about the whole subject. However, there is just enough to make me wonder and to be honest, I hope to never loose my sense of wonder.
Comment icon #27 Posted by slaughtr on 18 September, 2013, 13:56
I n my opinion I don't think every incident needs proof even though it helps but as usual the same story and deion is given and to most it still has no merit.If it happens to me I don't care what any skeptical person thinks so really whatever. Just as I've experienced paranormal activity before I know what I saw and I don't want to hear any scientific gibberish.Bigfoot exist so accept it, why it can't be caught because it knows the woods better than man I don't care how many years you have been hunting.
Comment icon #28 Posted by keninsc on 18 September, 2013, 17:35
That's an awfully bold statement considering the notable lack of evidence. Some footprints, the odd structure, more blobsquatch video and pictures than I care to think about. I consider myself open to the idea, but being open is not the same as saying they are real without proof.

Users online:
Was British policeman abducted by aliens ?
Former police officer Alan Godfry had a close encounter with a UFO while on patrol back in November 1980.
New clues emerge in DB Cooper hijack mystery
The man who successfully hijacked an airliner in 1971 might have been a missing grocery store manager.
Mystery surrounds unexplained bird deaths
Scientists have been struggling to explain why some UK garden birds are drowning themselves en masse.
Did the Freemasons rig the Titanic inquiry ?
New evidence suggests that the Freemasons were heavily involved in the investigation in to the disaster.
How to open a can without a can opener
Posted 11-26-2015 | 0 comments
A look at an unorthodox but effective way of opening a tin can using nothing but concrete.
Tap-dancing birds
Posted 11-25-2015 | 0 comments
The blue-capped cordon bleu exhibits a rather unusual courtship behavior.
The most radioactive places on Earth
Posted 11-24-2015 | 0 comments
A look at the relative amounts of radiation at some of the world's most radioactive sites.
Will a sinking ship suck you down ?
Posted 11-23-2015 | 1 comment
Jamie and Adam investigate whether a sinking ship will pull the passengers underwater.
Can young blood reverse ageing ?
Posted 11-22-2015 | 0 comments
Tony Wyss-Coray explores ageing and the possible ways in which we might slow it down.
Great balls of fire
10-31-2015 | West Texas
West Texas ghost town flyer
9-28-2015 | Texas
Haunted farmhouse
9-28-2015 | Cuaque, Ecuador
UFO sighting over Japan
8-13-2015 | Japan
Twin UFOs on patrol
8-6-2015 | England
Something roaming in the woods
7-19-2015 | Salt Fork, Ohio
Strange growl
7-16-2015 | Yakima, WA
Loud screeching in the woods
7-10-2015 | Kansas, IL
Was she my spirit guide?
7-3-2015 | Ringgold, Georgia, USA