Saturday, September 23, 2017

Dendelion grows inside girl's ear

Posted on Sunday, 1 December, 2013 | Comment icon 24 comments

The dandelion had grown from a seed that got stuck in the girl's ear. Image Credit: sxc.hu
Doctors in China have successfully removed a dandelion found growing in the ear of a 16-month-old girl.
Ranran's parents had taken her to see a doctor because she kept scratching her ear, but when the physician took a closer look he found something altogether unexpected - a dandelion that had someone managed to grow to two centimeters in length.

The bane of gardeners everywhere, dandelions are widely considered to be a weed with white cotton-like seeds that blow easily in the wind and can end up anywhere. In Ranran's case, her parents had noticed something like a dandelion seed falling in to her ear a couple of months beforehand but hadn't thought anything of it until she started to scratch it all the time.

"The dandelion had totally grown into Ranran's ear and filled her ear canal wall," said Dr. Gu Qinglong. "Even the slightest bit of pressure put her at risk for internal bleeding so it had to come out."

The procedure to remove it took just ten minutes and Ranran is now recovering in hospital.

Source: Medical Daily | Comments (24)

Tags: Dandelion

Comment icon #15 Posted by Junior Chubb on 1 December, 2013, 21:30
This is nothing compared to the potatoes I found growing behind my ears as a lad...
Comment icon #16 Posted by Controller Junkie on 2 December, 2013, 3:16
Comment icon #17 Posted by Eldorado on 2 December, 2013, 18:05
I oncetried to grow a cauliflower in my nose, it didnt work. Just sayin. Maybe Ill try my ear next time... Try wrestling instead. More fun and the cauliflower ears are free! http://www.mmanews.pl/2011/01/wiesci-z-japonii/
Comment icon #18 Posted by Leonardo on 2 December, 2013, 18:39
Summer breeze, makes me feel fi...ine Growin' dandelions in my mi...ind Sweet days of summer, and what have we here A flower is sprouting inside of my ear. with sincerest apologies to the Isley Brothers...
Comment icon #19 Posted by Junior Chubb on 2 December, 2013, 20:05
I oncetried to grow a cauliflower in my nose, it didnt work. Just sayin. Maybe Ill try my ear next time... Try wrestling instead. More fun and the cauliflower ears are free! http://www.mmanews.p...esci-z-japonii/ While recommendations are being made, I think rugby is a more direct route to Cauliflower-ness.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Kelevra on 2 December, 2013, 20:56
Boxing'll also do it
Comment icon #21 Posted by Controller Junkie on 3 December, 2013, 2:37
Also gauging your ear seems to cause it with some people, not sure why if its completely random or what. Personall I've got inch and a quater gauge in both my ears, but unfortunately no cauliflower ear. Know people with much smallerg auges in ears who have gotten it. Maybe its the rh blood... Anunaki maybe....
Comment icon #22 Posted by highdesert50 on 3 December, 2013, 4:15
A flower child gone to seed, But, there are real issues with spores of fungi. C neoformans, for example, a human fungal pathogen causes more than a half a million deaths annually by "seeding" itself in the lung.
Comment icon #23 Posted by Silver Surfer on 3 December, 2013, 7:57
The green brain is near!
Comment icon #24 Posted by Ogbin on 10 December, 2013, 18:29
This puts an all new spin on "Being one with nature."

100 people could live on the Moon by 2040
9-22-2017
ESA's ambitious 'Moon village' plan could see humans living on the lunar surface within 25 years.
Man who prevented World War 3 dies aged 77
9-22-2017
Former Soviet military officer Stanislav Petrov made a decision in 1983 that may have saved the world.
Doomsayers claim the world will end tomorrow
9-22-2017
Rumors of another apocalyptic collision with the mythical planet Nibiru have been circulating the Internet.
Plants may need to sleep, just like we do
9-21-2017
A new study has suggested that sleep may actually be fundamental to all life, not just to animals.
Exploring Antarctica's hidden depths
Posted 9-22-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists investigate some of the wildlife hidden beneath the Antarctic ice.

Science-fiction spacesuits
Posted 9-21-2017 | 0 comments
Adam Savage investigates a number of intricately detailed spacesuits used in movies.

Extreme neodymium magnet
Posted 9-20-2017 | 0 comments
Unboxing a magnet so powerful that it can suspend huge weights off the underside of a table.

Derren Brown and new age crystals
Posted 9-19-2017 | 0 comments
The psychological illusionist is joined by actor Martin Freeman for this remarkable trick.

I'll eat my hat
Posted 9-18-2017 | 0 comments
Where did the strange phrase 'I'll eat my hat' actually come from ?

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY