Monday, May 29, 2017

Dendelion grows inside girl's ear

Posted on Sunday, 1 December, 2013 | Comment icon 24 comments

The dandelion had grown from a seed that got stuck in the girl's ear. Image Credit: sxc.hu
Doctors in China have successfully removed a dandelion found growing in the ear of a 16-month-old girl.
Ranran's parents had taken her to see a doctor because she kept scratching her ear, but when the physician took a closer look he found something altogether unexpected - a dandelion that had someone managed to grow to two centimeters in length.

The bane of gardeners everywhere, dandelions are widely considered to be a weed with white cotton-like seeds that blow easily in the wind and can end up anywhere. In Ranran's case, her parents had noticed something like a dandelion seed falling in to her ear a couple of months beforehand but hadn't thought anything of it until she started to scratch it all the time.

"The dandelion had totally grown into Ranran's ear and filled her ear canal wall," said Dr. Gu Qinglong. "Even the slightest bit of pressure put her at risk for internal bleeding so it had to come out."

The procedure to remove it took just ten minutes and Ranran is now recovering in hospital.

Source: Medical Daily | Comments (24)

Tags: Dandelion

Comment icon #15 Posted by Junior Chubb on 1 December, 2013, 21:30
This is nothing compared to the potatoes I found growing behind my ears as a lad...
Comment icon #16 Posted by Controller Junkie on 2 December, 2013, 3:16
Comment icon #17 Posted by Eldorado on 2 December, 2013, 18:05
I oncetried to grow a cauliflower in my nose, it didnt work. Just sayin. Maybe Ill try my ear next time... Try wrestling instead. More fun and the cauliflower ears are free! http://www.mmanews.pl/2011/01/wiesci-z-japonii/
Comment icon #18 Posted by Leonardo on 2 December, 2013, 18:39
Summer breeze, makes me feel fi...ine Growin' dandelions in my mi...ind Sweet days of summer, and what have we here A flower is sprouting inside of my ear. with sincerest apologies to the Isley Brothers...
Comment icon #19 Posted by Junior Chubb on 2 December, 2013, 20:05
I oncetried to grow a cauliflower in my nose, it didnt work. Just sayin. Maybe Ill try my ear next time... Try wrestling instead. More fun and the cauliflower ears are free! http://www.mmanews.p...esci-z-japonii/ While recommendations are being made, I think rugby is a more direct route to Cauliflower-ness.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Kelevra on 2 December, 2013, 20:56
Boxing'll also do it
Comment icon #21 Posted by Controller Junkie on 3 December, 2013, 2:37
Also gauging your ear seems to cause it with some people, not sure why if its completely random or what. Personall I've got inch and a quater gauge in both my ears, but unfortunately no cauliflower ear. Know people with much smallerg auges in ears who have gotten it. Maybe its the rh blood... Anunaki maybe....
Comment icon #22 Posted by highdesert50 on 3 December, 2013, 4:15
A flower child gone to seed, But, there are real issues with spores of fungi. C neoformans, for example, a human fungal pathogen causes more than a half a million deaths annually by "seeding" itself in the lung.
Comment icon #23 Posted by Silver Surfer on 3 December, 2013, 7:57
The green brain is near!
Comment icon #24 Posted by Ogbin on 10 December, 2013, 18:29
This puts an all new spin on "Being one with nature."

UK man finds huntsman spider in his garden
5-29-2017
One Kent resident got the shock of his life recently when he spotted a huge arachnid outside his home.
NASA to launch probe that will 'touch the Sun'
5-28-2017
Known as Solar Probe Plus, the mission will be officially revealed in an announcement on Wednesday.
Mystery bang rocks Tauranga, New Zealand
5-28-2017
An extremely loud bang managed to wake up half the city when it shook houses at 3am on Sunday morning.
'Magic tree door' illusion baffles the Internet
5-27-2017
Stop-motion animator Kevin Parry has created a short video clip that seems to defy the laws of physics.
Japan's walls of snow
Posted 5-29-2017 | 0 comments
Murodo-daira of Tateyama has one of the heaviest snows in the world - up to 20 meters in places.

Thieving octopus
Posted 5-28-2017 | 0 comments
The Giant Pacific Octopus lies in wait so that it can steal crabs from local fishermen.

What color were dinosaurs ?
Posted 5-27-2017 | 6 comments
We can learn much about dinosaurs from fossils, but their color has long remained a mystery.

Ring around the Earth
Posted 5-26-2017 | 0 comments
What would happen if a solid, free-floating ring was placed in orbit around the Earth ?

World's heaviest weight
Posted 5-25-2017 | 0 comments
This incredible machine is capable of delivering a whopping 1,000,000 pounds of force.

Trade school terror
5-26-2017 | Cedro woolley, Wa.

Someone is on my bed