Sunday, November 19, 2017

Company invents 'Christmas dinner in a tin'

Posted on Friday, 6 December, 2013 | Comment icon 32 comments

The tinned dinner promises to be the ultimate in festive convenience. Image Credit: sxc.hu
The unappetizing festive offering is aimed at gamers who are too busy playing on their new consoles.
With many people expecting to receive an Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or Wii U for Christmas this year, one company has decided to bring out a convenient form of Christmas dinner that removes the needs to prepare any food at all on Christmas Day.

The unappealingly titled "Christmas Tinner" features all the joys of a full Christmas dinner conveniently packaged inside a single tin. Those who would rather spend the day trying out their new games console than cooking up a festive feast can instead grab a fork and enjoy multiple layers of Christmas treats.

The tinned dinner begins with a layer of scrambled eggs as a starter, followed by mince pie and then turkey, potatoes and gravy. The meal finishes at the bottom of the can with a layer of Christmas pudding as a desert.

"Itís the ultimate innovation for gamers across the nation who canít tear themselves away from their new consoles and games on Christmas Day Ė the first all-in-one festive feast in a tin," a company spokesman said in a statement.

Source: Metro | Comments (32)

Tags: Christmas, Festive

Comment icon #23 Posted by Technocrat on 19 December, 2013, 16:19
They left out the white wine!
Comment icon #24 Posted by SheWomanCatTypeThing on 29 December, 2013, 19:42
Well, Someones posted a review of it on youtube! I couldn't bear to watch
Comment icon #25 Posted by JGirl on 29 December, 2013, 19:57
*GAG*
Comment icon #26 Posted by libstaK on 30 December, 2013, 0:36
OMG he loved it ... double gag. Just to top it off it doesn't look like it was heated before he opened it, no way known scrambled eggs and bacon can taste remotely good cold, or Turkey and the veges either, ugh.
Comment icon #27 Posted by Paranoid Android on 30 December, 2013, 4:32
Well, Someones posted a review of it on youtube! I couldn't bear to watch He didn't rate the gravy
Comment icon #28 Posted by TopToffee on 30 December, 2013, 4:49
Ive eaten some rubbish in my time.I ate a camels testicle once.Like chewing on rubber.
Comment icon #29 Posted by Leonardo on 30 December, 2013, 10:20
Well, Someones posted a review of it on youtube! I couldn't bear to watch At the risk of sounding a bit elitist, I would have preferred he chewed with his mouth closed.
Comment icon #30 Posted by Lilly on 30 December, 2013, 12:19
I actually feel a bit sick to my stomach...utterly disgusting IMO.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Princess Serenity on 30 December, 2013, 17:58
I'm a gamer myself (not as hardcore as these people but I don't play my games as much) I still put down my things. My personal needs comes first and game second. O_o;
Comment icon #32 Posted by Ohelemapit on 30 December, 2013, 20:59
The only thing I want that comes in a tin for Xmas is beer! Or Lager..

Humanoid robot is now able to do backflips
11-18-2017
Thanks to its latest upgrade, Boston Dynamics' Atlas robot is now capable of performing gymnastics.
Fireball lights up the night sky over Finland
11-18-2017
A time-lapse camera captured the moment an intense fireball streaked across the sky over Lapland.
China to build nuclear-powered space shuttle
11-17-2017
The long-term roadmap for China's space program has been revealed by one of its primary contractors.
Skepticism surrounds head transplant success
11-17-2017
Controversial surgeon Sergio Canavero claims that he has performed the first ever human head transplant.
Slow motion katana slice
Posted 11-18-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt to slice through a row of water bottles using a katana sword.

What happened to the Library of Alexandria ?
Posted 11-17-2017 | 5 comments
What really happened to the vast wealth of knowledge stored in the ancient library ?

World's largest sticker ball
Posted 11-14-2017 | 1 comment
This enormous ball of stickers contains somewhere in the region of 200,000 stickers.

Caving claustrophobia
Posted 11-10-2017 | 12 comments
A montage of shots from caving in some of the most cramped conditions on Earth.

World's largest reptile zoo
Posted 11-4-2017 | 1 comment
Reptile Gardens in South Dakota has more species of reptile than any other zoo on the planet.

Strange occurrences
11-15-2017 | Fife

Mysterious music box song
11-15-2017 | U.S.A

Haunted military house
10-23-2017 | New Zealand

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom

Ghost playing with a balloon?
10-18-2017 | Australia

Impossible phone call
10-18-2017 | West Virginia

Seeing cats
10-18-2017 | Santa Rosa

Fourth of July UFO show
10-18-2017 | Hillsboro ND

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa