Monday, September 25, 2017

Company invents 'Christmas dinner in a tin'

Posted on Friday, 6 December, 2013 | Comment icon 32 comments

The tinned dinner promises to be the ultimate in festive convenience. Image Credit: sxc.hu
The unappetizing festive offering is aimed at gamers who are too busy playing on their new consoles.
With many people expecting to receive an Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or Wii U for Christmas this year, one company has decided to bring out a convenient form of Christmas dinner that removes the needs to prepare any food at all on Christmas Day.

The unappealingly titled "Christmas Tinner" features all the joys of a full Christmas dinner conveniently packaged inside a single tin. Those who would rather spend the day trying out their new games console than cooking up a festive feast can instead grab a fork and enjoy multiple layers of Christmas treats.

The tinned dinner begins with a layer of scrambled eggs as a starter, followed by mince pie and then turkey, potatoes and gravy. The meal finishes at the bottom of the can with a layer of Christmas pudding as a desert.

"Itís the ultimate innovation for gamers across the nation who canít tear themselves away from their new consoles and games on Christmas Day Ė the first all-in-one festive feast in a tin," a company spokesman said in a statement.

Source: Metro | Comments (32)

Tags: Christmas, Festive

Comment icon #23 Posted by Technocrat on 19 December, 2013, 16:19
They left out the white wine!
Comment icon #24 Posted by SheWomanCatTypeThing on 29 December, 2013, 19:42
Well, Someones posted a review of it on youtube! I couldn't bear to watch
Comment icon #25 Posted by JGirl on 29 December, 2013, 19:57
*GAG*
Comment icon #26 Posted by libstaK on 30 December, 2013, 0:36
OMG he loved it ... double gag. Just to top it off it doesn't look like it was heated before he opened it, no way known scrambled eggs and bacon can taste remotely good cold, or Turkey and the veges either, ugh.
Comment icon #27 Posted by Paranoid Android on 30 December, 2013, 4:32
Well, Someones posted a review of it on youtube! I couldn't bear to watch He didn't rate the gravy
Comment icon #28 Posted by TopToffee on 30 December, 2013, 4:49
Ive eaten some rubbish in my time.I ate a camels testicle once.Like chewing on rubber.
Comment icon #29 Posted by Leonardo on 30 December, 2013, 10:20
Well, Someones posted a review of it on youtube! I couldn't bear to watch At the risk of sounding a bit elitist, I would have preferred he chewed with his mouth closed.
Comment icon #30 Posted by Lilly on 30 December, 2013, 12:19
I actually feel a bit sick to my stomach...utterly disgusting IMO.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Princess Serenity on 30 December, 2013, 17:58
I'm a gamer myself (not as hardcore as these people but I don't play my games as much) I still put down my things. My personal needs comes first and game second. O_o;
Comment icon #32 Posted by Ohelemapit on 30 December, 2013, 20:59
The only thing I want that comes in a tin for Xmas is beer! Or Lager..

Neanderthal brains developed slower than ours
9-24-2017
The skeleton of a young Neanderthal has revealed that our brains did not develop at the same rate.
Plant-eating dinosaurs sometimes ate crabs
9-24-2017
Fossilized droppings have revealed that some herbivorous dinosaurs occasionally snacked on seafood.
Pyramid construction mystery has been solved
9-24-2017
New evidence has shed light on exactly how huge stone blocks were transported to the site of the pyramids.
Saudi Arabian textbook shows Yoda at the UN
9-23-2017
A doctored image of Yoda at the United Nations has somehow ended up in a history textbook.
Will robots take over all our jobs ?
Posted 9-23-2017 | 1 comment
As computers become increasingly sophisticated, will there be any jobs left for us ?

Exploring Antarctica's hidden depths
Posted 9-22-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists investigate some of the wildlife hidden beneath the Antarctic ice.

Science-fiction spacesuits
Posted 9-21-2017 | 0 comments
Adam Savage investigates a number of intricately detailed spacesuits used in movies.

Extreme neodymium magnet
Posted 9-20-2017 | 0 comments
Unboxing a magnet so powerful that it can suspend huge weights off the underside of a table.

Derren Brown and new age crystals
Posted 9-19-2017 | 0 comments
The psychological illusionist is joined by actor Martin Freeman for this remarkable trick.

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY