Saturday, December 10, 2016

Company invents 'Christmas dinner in a tin'

Posted on Friday, 6 December, 2013 | Comment icon 32 comments

The tinned dinner promises to be the ultimate in festive convenience. Image Credit: sxc.hu
The unappetizing festive offering is aimed at gamers who are too busy playing on their new consoles.
With many people expecting to receive an Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or Wii U for Christmas this year, one company has decided to bring out a convenient form of Christmas dinner that removes the needs to prepare any food at all on Christmas Day.

The unappealingly titled "Christmas Tinner" features all the joys of a full Christmas dinner conveniently packaged inside a single tin. Those who would rather spend the day trying out their new games console than cooking up a festive feast can instead grab a fork and enjoy multiple layers of Christmas treats.

The tinned dinner begins with a layer of scrambled eggs as a starter, followed by mince pie and then turkey, potatoes and gravy. The meal finishes at the bottom of the can with a layer of Christmas pudding as a desert.

"Itís the ultimate innovation for gamers across the nation who canít tear themselves away from their new consoles and games on Christmas Day Ė the first all-in-one festive feast in a tin," a company spokesman said in a statement.

Source: Metro | Comments (32)

Tags: Christmas, Festive

Comment icon #23 Posted by Technocrat on 19 December, 2013, 16:19
They left out the white wine!
Comment icon #24 Posted by SheWomanCatTypeThing on 29 December, 2013, 19:42
Well, Someones posted a review of it on youtube! I couldn't bear to watch
Comment icon #25 Posted by JGirl on 29 December, 2013, 19:57
*GAG*
Comment icon #26 Posted by libstaK on 30 December, 2013, 0:36
OMG he loved it ... double gag. Just to top it off it doesn't look like it was heated before he opened it, no way known scrambled eggs and bacon can taste remotely good cold, or Turkey and the veges either, ugh.
Comment icon #27 Posted by Paranoid Android on 30 December, 2013, 4:32
Well, Someones posted a review of it on youtube! I couldn't bear to watch He didn't rate the gravy
Comment icon #28 Posted by TopToffee on 30 December, 2013, 4:49
Ive eaten some rubbish in my time.I ate a camels testicle once.Like chewing on rubber.
Comment icon #29 Posted by Leonardo on 30 December, 2013, 10:20
Well, Someones posted a review of it on youtube! I couldn't bear to watch At the risk of sounding a bit elitist, I would have preferred he chewed with his mouth closed.
Comment icon #30 Posted by Lilly on 30 December, 2013, 12:19
I actually feel a bit sick to my stomach...utterly disgusting IMO.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Princess Serenity on 30 December, 2013, 17:58
I'm a gamer myself (not as hardcore as these people but I don't play my games as much) I still put down my things. My personal needs comes first and game second. O_o;
Comment icon #32 Posted by Ohelemapit on 30 December, 2013, 20:59
The only thing I want that comes in a tin for Xmas is beer! Or Lager..

New Rendlesham UFO witness comes forward
12-9-2016
A former security police officer has described the object he witnessed that night as 'not of this world'.
Legendary astronaut John Glenn dies aged 95
12-9-2016
Glenn became a national hero back in 1962 when he became the first American ever to orbit the Earth.
Actual dinosaur tail found preserved in amber
12-8-2016
The unprecedented 99 million-year-old specimen contains preserved bones, soft tissues and feathers.
Mars One delays first manned mission to Mars
12-8-2016
The Netherlands-based firm has pushed back its ambitious plans by several years due to funding issues.
Featured book

By Toryn Chapman
Campbell Mackenzie is a successful lawyer with occasional feelings of déjà vu. There's just one problem, though - it's not déjà vu.
Why do some coins have ridges ?
Posted 12-9-2016 | 2 comments
What is the purpose of the ridges found around the edges of some coins ?

Exploding 6ft water balloon in slow motion
Posted 12-8-2016 | 1 comment
The Slo Mo Guys film what happens when you sit inside a giant exploding water balloon.

What happens when you swallow gum ?
Posted 12-7-2016 | 3 comments
Ever swallowed a piece of chewing gum by accident ? Here's what happens.

Indestructible coating ?
Posted 12-6-2016 | 5 comments
A look at polyurea, an elastomer that can make objects extremely difficult to damage.

World's longest shout
Posted 12-5-2016 | 1 comment
Christian Kinner from Germany managed to shout for over 43 seconds non-stop.

Not my daughter