Sunday, July 23, 2017

Company invents 'Christmas dinner in a tin'

Posted on Friday, 6 December, 2013 | Comment icon 32 comments

The tinned dinner promises to be the ultimate in festive convenience. Image Credit: sxc.hu
The unappetizing festive offering is aimed at gamers who are too busy playing on their new consoles.
With many people expecting to receive an Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or Wii U for Christmas this year, one company has decided to bring out a convenient form of Christmas dinner that removes the needs to prepare any food at all on Christmas Day.

The unappealingly titled "Christmas Tinner" features all the joys of a full Christmas dinner conveniently packaged inside a single tin. Those who would rather spend the day trying out their new games console than cooking up a festive feast can instead grab a fork and enjoy multiple layers of Christmas treats.

The tinned dinner begins with a layer of scrambled eggs as a starter, followed by mince pie and then turkey, potatoes and gravy. The meal finishes at the bottom of the can with a layer of Christmas pudding as a desert.

"Itís the ultimate innovation for gamers across the nation who canít tear themselves away from their new consoles and games on Christmas Day Ė the first all-in-one festive feast in a tin," a company spokesman said in a statement.

Source: Metro | Comments (32)

Tags: Christmas, Festive

Comment icon #23 Posted by Technocrat on 19 December, 2013, 16:19
They left out the white wine!
Comment icon #24 Posted by SheWomanCatTypeThing on 29 December, 2013, 19:42
Well, Someones posted a review of it on youtube! I couldn't bear to watch
Comment icon #25 Posted by JGirl on 29 December, 2013, 19:57
*GAG*
Comment icon #26 Posted by libstaK on 30 December, 2013, 0:36
OMG he loved it ... double gag. Just to top it off it doesn't look like it was heated before he opened it, no way known scrambled eggs and bacon can taste remotely good cold, or Turkey and the veges either, ugh.
Comment icon #27 Posted by Paranoid Android on 30 December, 2013, 4:32
Well, Someones posted a review of it on youtube! I couldn't bear to watch He didn't rate the gravy
Comment icon #28 Posted by TopToffee on 30 December, 2013, 4:49
Ive eaten some rubbish in my time.I ate a camels testicle once.Like chewing on rubber.
Comment icon #29 Posted by Leonardo on 30 December, 2013, 10:20
Well, Someones posted a review of it on youtube! I couldn't bear to watch At the risk of sounding a bit elitist, I would have preferred he chewed with his mouth closed.
Comment icon #30 Posted by Lilly on 30 December, 2013, 12:19
I actually feel a bit sick to my stomach...utterly disgusting IMO.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Princess Serenity on 30 December, 2013, 17:58
I'm a gamer myself (not as hardcore as these people but I don't play my games as much) I still put down my things. My personal needs comes first and game second. O_o;
Comment icon #32 Posted by Ohelemapit on 30 December, 2013, 20:59
The only thing I want that comes in a tin for Xmas is beer! Or Lager..

Mystery woman 'wails through letterboxes'
7-23-2017
Several households in England have been plagued by a woman crying through their letterboxes at night.
Robot ventures inside Fukushima reactor 3
7-23-2017
Scientists in Japan have identified what could be fuel debris within the devastated nuclear reactor.
Public names locomotive 'Trainy McTrainface'
7-23-2017
A recent poll in Sweden has shown, once again, why asking the public to name anything is a bad idea.
Did sea creatures push US in to Vietnam War ?
7-22-2017
Back in 1964, the Gulf of Tonkin incident resulted in a renewed commitment to war with Vietnam.
Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

Do not microwave an airbag
Posted 7-20-2017 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys capture what happens when you put an airbag in a microwave.

How do fireworks get their colors ?
Posted 7-19-2017 | 0 comments
Fireworks are well known for their colorful explosions, but where do the colors come from ?

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI