Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Clump of spiders video goes viral

Posted on Wednesday, 1 January, 2014 | Comment icon 50 comments

The stuff of nightmares. Image Credit: Vine / Paglo
One man got the fright of his life after poking a 'toupee' that turned out to be a big pile of spiders.
Footage taken by a man as he investigated a strange hairy object on the top of a slide has gone viral after it was revealed that the otherwise innocuous looking object was in fact a huge clump of spiders with very long legs.

Almost as soon as he'd touched the pile the man reeled back in horror as hundreds of the arachnids started to swarm all over the place. The incident has been retweeted more than 103,000 times and has since become an Internet phenomenon.

"I thought it was a toupee. And then it became a living nightmare," said Twitter user @metschick. "Oh my god… I will have nightmares about it," said @AMadisonMom.

A clip from the video can be viewed below:

Source: CBS News | Comments (50)

Tags: Spiders

Comment icon #41 Posted by Rogue Suga on 4 January, 2014, 9:35
These spiders looked so so so CUTE MORE SPIDER STORIES PLEASE
Comment icon #42 Posted by ancient astronaut on 4 January, 2014, 16:54
I don't think he would have tried this if it was a swarm of Black Widows.
Comment icon #43 Posted by JenniKitty on 6 January, 2014, 21:40
Can't watch without 'feeling' them all over me
Comment icon #44 Posted by Cherry- on 7 January, 2014, 9:40
Okay... that is so scary !
Comment icon #45 Posted by Erowin on 8 January, 2014, 18:25
Comment icon #46 Posted by beelzebufo on 9 January, 2014, 1:58
I had no idea Daddy Longlegs gathered in giant clumps, and we have them where I live. Is it for breeding? I mean they are just smushed together, the ones at the bottom probably not having too much fun. Maybe it's rare? That's so weird We've got loads of them where I live and I've never seen them do that either, and I'm the kind of person who actually looks for stuff like that. I'm pretty sure they do it to keep warm.
Comment icon #47 Posted by Emeraldgemheart on 9 January, 2014, 17:53
Okay, I usually like spiders. But this is a little too much.
Comment icon #48 Posted by Exorcist on 10 January, 2014, 14:33
The creepiest thing is how many spiders came out of that thing. They're much more scared of his finger than he is of them though. But yeah, who would poke their finger in something like that?
Comment icon #49 Posted by m4rk89 on 10 January, 2014, 16:15
I had no idea Daddy Longlegs gathered in giant clumps, and we have them where I live. Is it for breeding? I mean they are just smushed together, the ones at the bottom probably not having too much fun. Maybe it's rare? That's so weird It is not rare and not for breeding. It is common when there are low temperatures and they behave like this to preserve heat. They gather together to keep themselves warm. Neat, huh?
Comment icon #50 Posted by FizzPuff on 12 January, 2014, 9:16
Feeling a bit bugged out after watching that one, yikes.

SpaceX plans to send humans to Mars by 2022
9-28-2016
Elon Musk has outlined his extraordinarily ambitious plans to make mankind an interplanetary species.
Proteins found in prehistoric ostrich eggs
9-28-2016
Scientists have discovered the world's oldest genetic information within 3.8 million-year-old eggshells.
Police helicopter films UFO on thermal camera
9-27-2016
Thermal footage of a strange object flying over the Bristol Channel in the UK has been uploaded online.
Melting glaciers could expose Cold War base
9-27-2016
A secret US facility hidden beneath the ice is believed to contain significant amounts of nuclear waste.
Alaska's bubbling lakes
Posted 9-28-2016 | 0 comments
Many lakes in the boreal regions of Alaska are emitting copious amounts of methane gas.

Elephants unite
Posted 9-27-2016 | 0 comments
Two elephant families decide to join together on the plains of Africa in this BBC wildlife clip.

Why do we get pruney fingers in water ?
Posted 9-26-2016 | 2 comments
Why do your fingers turn in to prunes when you stay in the bath too long ?

Crushing shoes
Posted 9-25-2016 | 0 comments
What happens when you crush shoes in a high-powered hydraulic press ?

Meet the human torch
Posted 9-24-2016 | 0 comments
Josef Toedtling from Austria has made a successful career out of setting himself on fire.

Black magic
9-27-2016 | Mineral Wells, Texas

Crying mother
9-27-2016 | Centrol Mexico

Red-faced monster
9-14-2016 | Lox Florida

Locked door
9-14-2016 | Ho Chi Minh city/Vietnam

The visit
9-9-2016 | West Palm Beach, Fl

Translucent silent UFO
9-9-2016 | Brisbane/Australia

Sleep paralysis and strange activity
9-1-2016 | Tarpon Springs, FL