Saturday, August 27, 2016

Clump of spiders video goes viral

Posted on Wednesday, 1 January, 2014 | Comment icon 50 comments

The stuff of nightmares. Image Credit: Vine / Paglo
One man got the fright of his life after poking a 'toupee' that turned out to be a big pile of spiders.
Footage taken by a man as he investigated a strange hairy object on the top of a slide has gone viral after it was revealed that the otherwise innocuous looking object was in fact a huge clump of spiders with very long legs.

Almost as soon as he'd touched the pile the man reeled back in horror as hundreds of the arachnids started to swarm all over the place. The incident has been retweeted more than 103,000 times and has since become an Internet phenomenon.

"I thought it was a toupee. And then it became a living nightmare," said Twitter user @metschick. "Oh my god… I will have nightmares about it," said @AMadisonMom.

A clip from the video can be viewed below:

Source: CBS News | Comments (50)

Tags: Spiders

Comment icon #41 Posted by Rogue Suga on 4 January, 2014, 9:35
These spiders looked so so so CUTE MORE SPIDER STORIES PLEASE
Comment icon #42 Posted by ancient astronaut on 4 January, 2014, 16:54
I don't think he would have tried this if it was a swarm of Black Widows.
Comment icon #43 Posted by JenniKitty on 6 January, 2014, 21:40
Can't watch without 'feeling' them all over me
Comment icon #44 Posted by Cherry- on 7 January, 2014, 9:40
Okay... that is so scary !
Comment icon #45 Posted by Erowin on 8 January, 2014, 18:25
Comment icon #46 Posted by beelzebufo on 9 January, 2014, 1:58
I had no idea Daddy Longlegs gathered in giant clumps, and we have them where I live. Is it for breeding? I mean they are just smushed together, the ones at the bottom probably not having too much fun. Maybe it's rare? That's so weird We've got loads of them where I live and I've never seen them do that either, and I'm the kind of person who actually looks for stuff like that. I'm pretty sure they do it to keep warm.
Comment icon #47 Posted by Emeraldgemheart on 9 January, 2014, 17:53
Okay, I usually like spiders. But this is a little too much.
Comment icon #48 Posted by Exorcist on 10 January, 2014, 14:33
The creepiest thing is how many spiders came out of that thing. They're much more scared of his finger than he is of them though. But yeah, who would poke their finger in something like that?
Comment icon #49 Posted by m4rk89 on 10 January, 2014, 16:15
I had no idea Daddy Longlegs gathered in giant clumps, and we have them where I live. Is it for breeding? I mean they are just smushed together, the ones at the bottom probably not having too much fun. Maybe it's rare? That's so weird It is not rare and not for breeding. It is common when there are low temperatures and they behave like this to preserve heat. They gather together to keep themselves warm. Neat, huh?
Comment icon #50 Posted by FizzPuff on 12 January, 2014, 9:16
Feeling a bit bugged out after watching that one, yikes.

162007

Mystery surrounds cat kidnappings in Austria
8-26-2016
Dozens of cats have been going missing under mysterious circumstances in the town of Frauenkirchen.
Man climbs in to toilet, has to be rescued
8-26-2016
A man in Norway ended up stuck after climbing in to a lavatory to retrieve his friend's mobile phone.
Was infamous pirate Blackbeard a good guy ?
8-26-2016
New research has determined that Blackbeard wasn't quite as bloodthirsty as history would suggest.
Dog is elected mayor for third year in a row
8-25-2016
The people of Cormorant, Minnesota have once again voted for a dog called Duke to be their mayor.
Real-life Batman breaks world record
Posted 8-26-2016 | 0 comments
A real-life version of the Caped Crusader has 23 functioning gadgets on his costume.

Is the Internet our ultimate achievement ?
Posted 8-25-2016 | 14 comments
Virginia Heffernan believes the Internet to be mankind's single greatest achievement.

Why are humans so good at lying ?
Posted 8-24-2016 | 11 comments
Humans tend to lie at least two or three times during a ten-minute conversation.

NASA's new orbital parking space
Posted 8-23-2016 | 0 comments
Astronauts have finished installing a new docking adapter on the International Space Station.

China's chili man
Posted 8-22-2016 | 1 comment
Meet Li Yongzhi - a man from Henan province, China who has a particular passion for chili.

Communication with an orb
8-4-2016 | California

Unexplained noise and mist
8-4-2016 | United Kingdom

Lights dancing in the evening sky
8-4-2016 | Washington

Light under the bed
8-4-2016 | Greece

Spirits revealed to me
8-4-2016 | Pennsylvania

Light in Orion
7-23-2016 | Tampa, Florida

Girl with the broken neck
7-23-2016 | Mississippi

Holes in cotton clothing
7-23-2016 | Somerset, UK

Three knocks in the night
6-28-2016 | Cedar City, Utah