Friday, March 24, 2017

New Zealand PM forced to deny 'alien' claim

Posted on Tuesday, 18 February, 2014 | Comment icon 49 comments

John Key during a visit to the United States. Image Credit: USAF
Prime Minister John Key offered a formal response to a particularly strange Open Information Act request.
Some conspiracy theorists have long argued that world governments are being controlled by forces from above, but one person in New Zealand decided to take this one step further by submitting an Open Information Act request asking Prime Minister John Key to prove to the world that he isn't a "shapeshifting reptilian alien ushering humanity towards enslavement."

Key opted to respond to the request in a somewhat tongue-in-cheek manner by insisting that he is not a reptilian and that he is most assuredly 100% human.

"I've taken the unusual step of not only seeing a doctor but a vet, and both have confirmed I'm not a reptile," he said. "I've never been in a spaceship, I don't have a little green suit and I've never been to outer space."

Source: New York Daily News | Comments (49)

Tags: John Key, New Zealand

Comment icon #40 Posted by missjames434 on 28 February, 2014, 19:05
Hey I'm nz'er and I voted for him. If aliens are here, they're everywhere, even in little ol nz. Nice place to hang out..
Comment icon #41 Posted by Kludge808 on 28 February, 2014, 19:28
It should be noted that the proof of ETH comes in two parts, politicians in general and Paris Hilton. There is no other plausible explanation for either.
Comment icon #42 Posted by PM3K on 1 March, 2014, 3:56
Prime Minister Key PMK Pleiadean Martian Kinsman it's really true guys
Comment icon #43 Posted by taniwha on 1 March, 2014, 7:09
Christchurch isn't "suffering". Everything is as normal as it can be when your city is one giant construction site. Of course, that is to say that NZ hasn't been earthquake free, having had four sizable tremors in the past six months (all of them 6.0-6.6). That differs a great deal from what the locals I have been in touch with tell me. I deal with some Industrial Programmers there, by email, I have not been there for a couple of years now, and they say they are surprised the news does not convey the continuing activity. Not to mention the downfall in tourism and massive reconstructions still ... [More]
Comment icon #44 Posted by taniwha on 1 March, 2014, 7:19
It is well known ( in NZ anyway ) that PM Key suffers from convenient memory loss. If he really is a reptilian shapeshifting alienbeing it is more than likely he has simply forgotten
Comment icon #45 Posted by ConspiracyCaseFiles on 1 March, 2014, 7:41
I have to agree with some of the others that even asking this question formally is a waste of time. I'm not saying that I even remotely believe the Icke theory, but if he was a reptilian, he would not admit it. He would also be in a position to falsify any tests that would be given. Requests like this are what perpetuate the stereotype that paranormal researchers and ufologists are crackpots.This hurts real researchers credibility. C'mon, if an alien spends all of this energy to become PM of a country, do you think an information request and some general tests would blow the top off of this?
Comment icon #46 Posted by Peter B on 1 March, 2014, 9:29
...C'mon, if an alien spends all of this energy to become PM of a country, do you think an information request and some general tests would blow the top off of this? I can see it now... Reporter: "Mr Key, are you an alien shapeshifter?" Mr Key: "Yes. I mean, no! Bugger."
Comment icon #47 Posted by ChrLzs on 1 March, 2014, 9:33
Requests like this are what perpetuate the stereotype that paranormal researchers and ufologists are crackpots. Allow me to dispute this claim. NO. What perpetuates that stereotype is that a large and vocal majority of those that call themselves paranormal researchers or ufologists ARE crackpots and/or ridiculously biased and/or gullible / completely out of their depth / completely untrained in the disciplines required. Want me to link to direct examples? I can show you hundreds, nay thousands of examples, some of which I've had direct involvement with. Like this classic light pole that is act... [More]
Comment icon #48 Posted by Sir Wearer of Hats on 1 March, 2014, 10:16
C'mon, if an alien spends all of this energy to become PM of a country, More importantly, why close New Zealand of all places?
Comment icon #49 Posted by ConspiracyCaseFiles on 1 March, 2014, 12:42
I was just stating my opinion. Yes, there are a great deal of fraudsters. I was not defending them as the legitimate researchers. I was just saying that it is hard enough to be taken seriously due to the subject matter.

Sleepwalker visits store, tries to buy melon
3-23-2017
A 23-year-old woman had to be escorted home by police after sleepwalking in to a local supermarket.
Scotland could be birthplace of the dinosaurs
3-23-2017
A major shakeup of the dinosaur family tree has suggested that they may have originated in the UK.
Video of giant chicken freaks out the Internet
3-23-2017
Footage of what appears to be an abnormally large chicken has gone viral after appearing on Twitter.
Trump signs new bill to send humans to Mars
3-22-2017
$19.5 billion has been authorized to support a renewed commitment to NASA's manned space program.
Featured book

By Guy Lyon Playfair
A look at the story of Peggy Hodgson and her four children who, between 1977 and 1979, were at the center of one of the most terrifying poltergeist cases ever documented.
Searching for Japanese bats
Posted 3-23-2017 | 0 comments
The Rimizu limestone caves in Japan are an ideal place to look for hibernating bats.

ISS astronauts answer questions
Posted 3-22-2017 | 0 comments
Shane Kimbrough and Peggy Whitson discuss life in space and what they've been up to.

World's largest surfed wave
Posted 3-21-2017 | 1 comment
Extreme waterman Garrett McNamara surfed this 78ft wave in Portugal back in 2011.

How long do animals sleep ?
Posted 3-20-2017 | 3 comments
Some animals sleep for a mere two hours while others spend most of the day asleep.

Ocean volcanoes and alien life
Posted 3-19-2017 | 0 comments
Studying 'extremophiles' in Earth's harshest environments could teach us about life on other worlds.

My nightly occurrences