Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Heart attack victim: 'there is an afterlife'

Posted on Friday, 21 February, 2014 | Comment icon 384 comments

Miller encountered several of his deceased relatives. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 erpete/deviantART
41-year-old Brian Miller reported a vivid near-death experience when his heart stopped for 45 minutes.
Technically dead for the better part of an hour, Miller recalls a fascinating account of what he experienced during that time. "The only thing I remember is I started seeing a light and started walking toward the light," he said.

As he was walking along he came across his mother-in-law who had only very recently passed away. "She was the most beautiful thing when I seen her," he said. "It was like the first day I met her. [She] looked so happy. She grabbed hold of my arm and told me, 'It's not your time. You don't need to be here. We need to take you back. You have things to go home and do.'"

A short time later he also encountered his father-in-law. "Her husband, Jack, was back there waving at me giving me a smile. And she just told me to go home. And walked me back," he said.

"There is an afterlife and people need to believe in it big time."

Source: Christian Post | Comments (384)

Tags: Afterlife, Near-Death Experience

Comment icon #375 Posted by Mr Walker on 5 April, 2014, 2:07
And instantly the Ministry song Psalm 69 gets stuck in my head. So I put that on and kinda tuned out to the rest of ya post. Sorry. It's all good though. Hmm interesting. It sounds like you lost lucidity with the gunslinger though because you were worried about ammo and the gun in general. I remembered an experience with falling asleep during a dream. http://www.unexplain...4 It's the last one on the page. There's more detail of course in the link but below is the gist of it. I went 'out of body' using my dream body. I remembered it because I linked David Bowies Hours cd with it, well I'm pret... [More]
Comment icon #376 Posted by Bogeyman on 5 April, 2014, 3:02
I've always been of the opinion that "if something seems too good to be true well then it's not true". Granted that there are thousands of documented accounts of NDE's with striking similarities but i find that expecting a crossover with all my loved one's there to greet me is probably too good to be true. That doesn't seem to be the way Life works in my experience........so Death probably doesn't work that way either. I will grant though that are some cases that just make you ask WTF is this about. Take for instance this case here http://www.nderf.org...m's_nde.htm The thing about this one is... [More]
Comment icon #377 Posted by AlienDan on 9 May, 2014, 23:16
Not all religions but many. And you do not need ANY religion to be in contact with god. It is innately a personal, one on one, relationship . You distinguish a god delusion exactly the same way as you determine any reality from any delusion;by using evidences logic evolved mental reality checkers, etc. A real god is as real as a real dog and evinces the same evidences of its existence. God brings amny physical miracles into my life, from saving my life on many occasions to ensuring a car park is there when I need it. What good is a god who can't or won't do such things for a person? Believe me... [More]
Comment icon #378 Posted by Mr Walker on 10 May, 2014, 2:51
Ok so it's good you base your reasoning on evidence, but I'm looking for real scientificic testable evidence, not things open to personal biased interpretation like the examples you give. How do you know "miracles" are because of god? And not just a rare chance, or something else? How do you know your life was saved by god, or you got a parking spot because of god? The way I would know if I was in a relationship with another person is that I could taste, touch, see, smell, and feel them. So can everyone else. Not only that, but we can scientifically test that there is another person through ma... [More]
Comment icon #379 Posted by JJ50 on 10 May, 2014, 11:05
The man wasn't dead, no one who is truly dead comes back to life again, imo.
Comment icon #380 Posted by AlienDan on 11 May, 2014, 5:13
Only real hard testable evidence counts in my opinion. That is how I know god is real. I know god saved my life because of the contextual connections. How do I know a man saved my life if he pulled me from a strong surf or from a burning vehicle/ Well god saves my life in similar ways.He is there in physical form such as an angel or via energy form. He speaks with me giving advice and help and instruction but also provides physical protection. He gives me specific fore knowledge of events which will threaten my life allowing me wit his guidance to 'step around them" and alter the outcome form ... [More]
Comment icon #381 Posted by Mr Walker on 11 May, 2014, 9:08
That's great. So waht is this hard testable evidence? The way to know if a man saved our life from a burning vehicle is, we would have seen, heard, smel, touched, and tasted him for starters. Then we would also have DNA evidence on the vehicle or on our clothing, there would be footprints, other people would have seen them, the news station would be able to talk to him and everyone else would be able see it. The experiences with the man would be consistant and predictions could be made and fullfilled. That's hard testable evidence, right? What kind of evidence is there like this for god? Are y... [More]
Comment icon #382 Posted by ambelamba on 12 May, 2014, 4:45
He is really 41? I am nearing 40 and I look nowhere near old like him!
Comment icon #383 Posted by joc on 26 May, 2014, 19:06
His heart never really stopped beating...oxygen was never really deprived from his brain...certainly not for forty five minutes. So, he wasn't dead after all. Nurses and doctors and their high technology gadgets are really not any better at discerning life from death than the days of the alchemist. But because the story said so...we should believe it...right? Just like the story says Lazerus was dead for 4 days...huh, uh...very passed out, that's all...close perhaps, but no cigar. But the guy says he saw his mother in law...so...we should believe that life continues without the body...why then... [More]
Comment icon #384 Posted by coolguy on 31 May, 2014, 5:35
How about the people that have a NDE and go to hell and come back that's freaky .

Superheated lava once reached Earth's surface
5-24-2017
Scientists have determined that 1,600-degree lava once surged to the surface in what is now Costa Rica.
Whales only became huge relatively recently
5-24-2017
They may be giants of the deep today, but blue whales only gained their huge size 2-3 million years ago.
Why do flamingos stand on only one leg ?
5-24-2017
Scientists have determined that flamingos prefer to stand on one leg as it helps them conserve energy.
Neil Armstrong's bag could fetch up to $4M
5-23-2017
A bag used by the late astronaut to collect samples during the Apollo 11 mission is to be sold at auction.
Nine doughnuts in three minutes
Posted 5-24-2017 | 4 comments
'L.A. Beast' returns to break another record, this time by eating a huge pile of doughnuts.

Falcon vs car
Posted 5-23-2017 | 5 comments
Can the fastest bird of prey in level flight manage to fly faster than a speeding car ?

Ants are better at growing food than we are
Posted 5-21-2017 | 1 comment
They may be small, but ants have been farming their own food for a lot longer than humans have.

Neil deGrasse Tyson on Europa
Posted 5-20-2017 | 0 comments
The popular astrophysicist talks about finding life beneath the surface of Europa.

Everest earthquake
Posted 5-19-2017 | 0 comments
A look at the harrowing moments before the devastating avalanche at Mount Everest in 2015.

Someone is on my bed