Friday, October 28, 2016

Woman robbed after being placed in a trance

Posted on Wednesday, 12 March, 2014 | Comment icon 15 comments

A hypnotist at work. Image Credit: Albert von Keller
Police in Germany are hunting two hypnotists in connection with a spate of unusual robberies.
66-year-old Sarah Alexeyeva told officers that she had been standing outside an Aldi supermarket when two women spoke to her and placed her in to a hypnotic trance.

The next thing she knew she was back in her armchair at home, completely unaware of what had happened. She soon discovered however that some of her valuables were missing.

"She claims that the pair put her into a trance in order to rob her," said police spokeswoman Sandra Mohr. "She had no idea how they did it, one minute she was being promised the future and the next she knew she was back home."

Despite the peculiar nature of the crime this isn't an isolated case - several other people are believed to have also been targeted by the same two women under similar circumstances.

"They seem to be able to get the interest of their victims with a promise to see the future," said Mohr. "But the only future they are promising is to rob their victims."

Source: Mirror | Comments (15)

Tags: Hypnosis

Comment icon #6 Posted by Mikko-kun on 12 March, 2014, 17:50
You could study hypnotheraphy for years for that, or then you could just get a certain plant... or use force... or discretion... that's a new one though to me.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Junior Chubb on 12 March, 2014, 18:13
It wasn't Blondie Bennet was it?
Comment icon #8 Posted by Leonardo on 12 March, 2014, 19:09
It wasn't Blondie Bennet was it? Someone should tell her those hypnotherapy sessions are completely unnecessary.
Comment icon #9 Posted by coldethyl on 12 March, 2014, 20:51
Wow some people are really susceptible to hypnosis.
Comment icon #10 Posted by ColoradoParanormal on 13 March, 2014, 0:54
Heck, if these women get caught, they should be let off with a simple slap on the wrist and then put to work by the Government! They seem to be able to do something NO ONE ELSE can. lol Imagine the possibilities. Have these women meeting heads of state, drug cartel leaders etc. Problems solved rather easy! | Seriously though, this is quite the strangest, and I'm going to say, original types of crimes I've seen in a long while.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Sundew on 13 March, 2014, 1:10
It wasn't Blondie Bennet was it? I just HAD to click on that, thank's a lot Junior, now I need eye bleach! I have to know in addition to robbing her, did they make her cluck like a chicken?
Comment icon #12 Posted by Junior Chubb on 13 March, 2014, 10:42
I just HAD to click on that, thank's a lot Junior, now I need eye bleach! I have to know in addition to robbing her, did they make her cluck like a chicken? Sorry I would guess rubber chickens don't really cluck.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Eldorado on 13 March, 2014, 16:21
I reckon if I could hypnotise women I sure as hell wouldn't be robbing them.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Sweetpumper on 13 March, 2014, 16:37
I reckon if I could hypnotise women I sure as hell wouldn't be robbing them. Darren Sharper agrees.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Eldorado on 13 March, 2014, 16:41
Darren Sharper agrees. I had to google that. I'm offended. There's a helluva difference 'tween charming and drugging, fgs!

58% of wildlife wiped out over last 40 years
If things don't change soon the ongoing decline is likely to reach two-thirds by the end of the decade.
French town upholds ban on flying saucers
The town has long refused to lift a ban on UFOs following a mysterious encounter over 60 years ago.
Jesus' burial slab uncovered in Jerusalem
The marble that encased the stone slab has been removed for the first time in almost five centuries.
New study exonerates HIV/AIDS 'patient zero'
The man thought to be responsible for bringing the virus to North America was actually totally innocent.
Featured book
By Guy Lyon Playfair
A look at the story of Peggy Hodgson and her four children who, between 1977 and 1979, were at the center of one of the most terrifying poltergeist cases ever documented.
Posted 10-28-2016 | 5 comments
Physical time travel might be impossible, but we all time travel every day in our own minds.
How to build a Hexastix
Posted 10-27-2016 | 1 comment
A look at how to build a complex mathematical shape out of little more than 72 pencils.
Can dogs and cats be left-handed ?
Posted 10-26-2016 | 6 comments
Humans can either be left or right-handed, but what about other animals ?
The future of self-driving cars
Posted 10-24-2016 | 5 comments
Will we all be sitting back in our self-driving cars within the next few years ?
The bubble motorcycle
Posted 10-23-2016 | 2 comments
The MythBusters test a bizarre motorcycle design to see if it is more aerodynamic.
Witnessing hyperspeed?
Locked door
9-14-2016 | Ho Chi Minh city/Vietnam
The visit
9-9-2016 | West Palm Beach, Fl
Translucent silent UFO
9-9-2016 | Brisbane/Australia
Sleep paralysis and strange activity
9-1-2016 | Tarpon Springs, FL