Thursday, June 30, 2016

Woman robbed after being placed in a trance

Posted on Wednesday, 12 March, 2014 | Comment icon 15 comments

A hypnotist at work. Image Credit: Albert von Keller
Police in Germany are hunting two hypnotists in connection with a spate of unusual robberies.
66-year-old Sarah Alexeyeva told officers that she had been standing outside an Aldi supermarket when two women spoke to her and placed her in to a hypnotic trance.

The next thing she knew she was back in her armchair at home, completely unaware of what had happened. She soon discovered however that some of her valuables were missing.

"She claims that the pair put her into a trance in order to rob her," said police spokeswoman Sandra Mohr. "She had no idea how they did it, one minute she was being promised the future and the next she knew she was back home."

Despite the peculiar nature of the crime this isn't an isolated case - several other people are believed to have also been targeted by the same two women under similar circumstances.

"They seem to be able to get the interest of their victims with a promise to see the future," said Mohr. "But the only future they are promising is to rob their victims."

Source: Mirror | Comments (15)

Tags: Hypnosis

Comment icon #6 Posted by Mikko-kun on 12 March, 2014, 17:50
You could study hypnotheraphy for years for that, or then you could just get a certain plant... or use force... or discretion... that's a new one though to me.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Junior Chubb on 12 March, 2014, 18:13
It wasn't Blondie Bennet was it?
Comment icon #8 Posted by Leonardo on 12 March, 2014, 19:09
It wasn't Blondie Bennet was it? Someone should tell her those hypnotherapy sessions are completely unnecessary.
Comment icon #9 Posted by coldethyl on 12 March, 2014, 20:51
Wow some people are really susceptible to hypnosis.
Comment icon #10 Posted by ColoradoParanormal on 13 March, 2014, 0:54
Heck, if these women get caught, they should be let off with a simple slap on the wrist and then put to work by the Government! They seem to be able to do something NO ONE ELSE can. lol Imagine the possibilities. Have these women meeting heads of state, drug cartel leaders etc. Problems solved rather easy! | Seriously though, this is quite the strangest, and I'm going to say, original types of crimes I've seen in a long while.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Sundew on 13 March, 2014, 1:10
It wasn't Blondie Bennet was it? I just HAD to click on that, thank's a lot Junior, now I need eye bleach! I have to know in addition to robbing her, did they make her cluck like a chicken?
Comment icon #12 Posted by Junior Chubb on 13 March, 2014, 10:42
I just HAD to click on that, thank's a lot Junior, now I need eye bleach! I have to know in addition to robbing her, did they make her cluck like a chicken? Sorry I would guess rubber chickens don't really cluck.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Eldorado on 13 March, 2014, 16:21
I reckon if I could hypnotise women I sure as hell wouldn't be robbing them.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Sweetpumper on 13 March, 2014, 16:37
I reckon if I could hypnotise women I sure as hell wouldn't be robbing them. Darren Sharper agrees.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Eldorado on 13 March, 2014, 16:41
Darren Sharper agrees. I had to google that. I'm offended. There's a helluva difference 'tween charming and drugging, fgs!

Man swims in 1,500-gallon pool of Coca-Cola
6-30-2016
The remarkable stunt saw a man jump in to a pool filled with several thousand bottles of fizzy drink.
Disclosure advocate releases NORAD UFO files
6-30-2016
Victor Viggiani released the documents to the public during the Alien Cosmic Expo event on Saturday.
Scientists succeed in making their own lava
6-29-2016
A team from the State University of New York at Buffalo created their own magma as part of an experiment.
Ghostly hand turns up in 116-year-old photo
6-29-2016
A photograph taken of workers at a linen mill over a century ago appears to contain an unexpected extra.
Tim Peake back on Earth
Posted 6-29-2016 | 1 comment
An interview with astronaut Tim Peake about his time aboard the space station.

How MythBusters saved a woman's life
Posted 6-27-2016 | 3 comments
A woman whose car careened in to a lake was saved by an episode of MythBusters.

Real-life dire wolves
Posted 6-26-2016 | 4 comments
The huge wolves in Game of Thrones actually existed 300,000 years ago.

Teaching a gorilla to talk
Posted 6-25-2016 | 8 comments
A western lowland gorilla named Koko was taught from an early age to use sign language.

Man puts 496 straws in his mouth
Posted 6-24-2016 | 3 comments
Guinness Rishi manages to cram 496 drinking straws in to his mouth at the same time.

Three knocks in the night
6-28-2016 | Cedar City, Utah