Saturday, March 25, 2017

Woman robbed after being placed in a trance

Posted on Wednesday, 12 March, 2014 | Comment icon 15 comments

A hypnotist at work. Image Credit: Albert von Keller
Police in Germany are hunting two hypnotists in connection with a spate of unusual robberies.
66-year-old Sarah Alexeyeva told officers that she had been standing outside an Aldi supermarket when two women spoke to her and placed her in to a hypnotic trance.

The next thing she knew she was back in her armchair at home, completely unaware of what had happened. She soon discovered however that some of her valuables were missing.

"She claims that the pair put her into a trance in order to rob her," said police spokeswoman Sandra Mohr. "She had no idea how they did it, one minute she was being promised the future and the next she knew she was back home."

Despite the peculiar nature of the crime this isn't an isolated case - several other people are believed to have also been targeted by the same two women under similar circumstances.

"They seem to be able to get the interest of their victims with a promise to see the future," said Mohr. "But the only future they are promising is to rob their victims."

Source: Mirror | Comments (15)

Tags: Hypnosis

Comment icon #6 Posted by Mikko-kun on 12 March, 2014, 17:50
You could study hypnotheraphy for years for that, or then you could just get a certain plant... or use force... or discretion... that's a new one though to me.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Junior Chubb on 12 March, 2014, 18:13
It wasn't Blondie Bennet was it?
Comment icon #8 Posted by Leonardo on 12 March, 2014, 19:09
It wasn't Blondie Bennet was it? Someone should tell her those hypnotherapy sessions are completely unnecessary.
Comment icon #9 Posted by coldethyl on 12 March, 2014, 20:51
Wow some people are really susceptible to hypnosis.
Comment icon #10 Posted by ColoradoParanormal on 13 March, 2014, 0:54
Heck, if these women get caught, they should be let off with a simple slap on the wrist and then put to work by the Government! They seem to be able to do something NO ONE ELSE can. lol Imagine the possibilities. Have these women meeting heads of state, drug cartel leaders etc. Problems solved rather easy! | Seriously though, this is quite the strangest, and I'm going to say, original types of crimes I've seen in a long while.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Sundew on 13 March, 2014, 1:10
It wasn't Blondie Bennet was it? I just HAD to click on that, thank's a lot Junior, now I need eye bleach! I have to know in addition to robbing her, did they make her cluck like a chicken?
Comment icon #12 Posted by Junior Chubb on 13 March, 2014, 10:42
I just HAD to click on that, thank's a lot Junior, now I need eye bleach! I have to know in addition to robbing her, did they make her cluck like a chicken? Sorry I would guess rubber chickens don't really cluck.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Eldorado on 13 March, 2014, 16:21
I reckon if I could hypnotise women I sure as hell wouldn't be robbing them.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Sweetpumper on 13 March, 2014, 16:37
I reckon if I could hypnotise women I sure as hell wouldn't be robbing them. Darren Sharper agrees.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Eldorado on 13 March, 2014, 16:41
Darren Sharper agrees. I had to google that. I'm offended. There's a helluva difference 'tween charming and drugging, fgs!

'Mystery gardener' plants trees after dark
3-24-2017
An unknown individual in Stevenage, UK has been planting trees on a town green under cover of darkness.
New study aims to find evidence of thylacines
3-24-2017
Sightings in Queensland have sparked a new scientific study in to the existence of the Tasmanian tiger.
4,000-year-old tomb is unearthed in Egypt
3-24-2017
The unopened tomb was discovered by archaeologists during a Spanish archaeological mission in West Aswan.
Sleepwalker visits store, tries to buy melon
3-23-2017
A 23-year-old woman had to be escorted home by police after sleepwalking in to a local supermarket.
Featured book

By Guy Lyon Playfair
A look at the story of Peggy Hodgson and her four children who, between 1977 and 1979, were at the center of one of the most terrifying poltergeist cases ever documented.
How do we find lost satellites ?
Posted 3-24-2017 | 0 comments
A look at the methods scientists use to locate spacecraft with which contact has been lost.

Searching for Japanese bats
Posted 3-23-2017 | 0 comments
The Rimizu limestone caves in Japan are an ideal place to look for hibernating bats.

ISS astronauts answer questions
Posted 3-22-2017 | 0 comments
Shane Kimbrough and Peggy Whitson discuss life in space and what they've been up to.

World's largest surfed wave
Posted 3-21-2017 | 1 comment
Extreme waterman Garrett McNamara surfed this 78ft wave in Portugal back in 2011.

How long do animals sleep ?
Posted 3-20-2017 | 3 comments
Some animals sleep for a mere two hours while others spend most of the day asleep.

My nightly occurrences