Sunday, April 23, 2017

Woman robbed after being placed in a trance

Posted on Wednesday, 12 March, 2014 | Comment icon 15 comments

A hypnotist at work. Image Credit: Albert von Keller
Police in Germany are hunting two hypnotists in connection with a spate of unusual robberies.
66-year-old Sarah Alexeyeva told officers that she had been standing outside an Aldi supermarket when two women spoke to her and placed her in to a hypnotic trance.

The next thing she knew she was back in her armchair at home, completely unaware of what had happened. She soon discovered however that some of her valuables were missing.

"She claims that the pair put her into a trance in order to rob her," said police spokeswoman Sandra Mohr. "She had no idea how they did it, one minute she was being promised the future and the next she knew she was back home."

Despite the peculiar nature of the crime this isn't an isolated case - several other people are believed to have also been targeted by the same two women under similar circumstances.

"They seem to be able to get the interest of their victims with a promise to see the future," said Mohr. "But the only future they are promising is to rob their victims."

Source: Mirror | Comments (15)

Tags: Hypnosis

Comment icon #6 Posted by Mikko-kun on 12 March, 2014, 17:50
You could study hypnotheraphy for years for that, or then you could just get a certain plant... or use force... or discretion... that's a new one though to me.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Junior Chubb on 12 March, 2014, 18:13
It wasn't Blondie Bennet was it?
Comment icon #8 Posted by Leonardo on 12 March, 2014, 19:09
It wasn't Blondie Bennet was it? Someone should tell her those hypnotherapy sessions are completely unnecessary.
Comment icon #9 Posted by coldethyl on 12 March, 2014, 20:51
Wow some people are really susceptible to hypnosis.
Comment icon #10 Posted by ColoradoParanormal on 13 March, 2014, 0:54
Heck, if these women get caught, they should be let off with a simple slap on the wrist and then put to work by the Government! They seem to be able to do something NO ONE ELSE can. lol Imagine the possibilities. Have these women meeting heads of state, drug cartel leaders etc. Problems solved rather easy! | Seriously though, this is quite the strangest, and I'm going to say, original types of crimes I've seen in a long while.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Sundew on 13 March, 2014, 1:10
It wasn't Blondie Bennet was it? I just HAD to click on that, thank's a lot Junior, now I need eye bleach! I have to know in addition to robbing her, did they make her cluck like a chicken?
Comment icon #12 Posted by Junior Chubb on 13 March, 2014, 10:42
I just HAD to click on that, thank's a lot Junior, now I need eye bleach! I have to know in addition to robbing her, did they make her cluck like a chicken? Sorry I would guess rubber chickens don't really cluck.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Eldorado on 13 March, 2014, 16:21
I reckon if I could hypnotise women I sure as hell wouldn't be robbing them.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Sweetpumper on 13 March, 2014, 16:37
I reckon if I could hypnotise women I sure as hell wouldn't be robbing them. Darren Sharper agrees.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Eldorado on 13 March, 2014, 16:41
Darren Sharper agrees. I had to google that. I'm offended. There's a helluva difference 'tween charming and drugging, fgs!

Fossilized dinosaur eggs unearthed in China
4-23-2017
Discovered near Foshan in the southeast of the country, the eggs date back over 70 million years.
'Most Haunted' crew films 'ghost' in old house
4-22-2017
The footage shows a shadowy figure walking up a staircase in a stately home in Rotherham, England.
Mystery haul of gold coins found inside piano
4-22-2017
The treasure trove was found in Shropshire, England inside an old school piano that was being retuned.
'Hobbits' much older than previously thought
4-21-2017
Scientists have revealed that Homo floresiensis is actually one of the earliest known forms of human.
The human bridge of musicality
Posted 4-22-2017 | 0 comments
A look at how the human brain perceives the concept of music and how it is processed.

Swarm of locusts
Posted 4-21-2017 | 0 comments
A look at the extreme destructive power of an enormous swarm of desert locusts.

Lawrence Krauss on optimism
Posted 4-20-2017 | 0 comments
Physicist Lawrence Krauss discusses the fact that the universe doesn't care about us at all.

A whale of a time capsule
Posted 4-19-2017 | 1 comment
Researchers investigate old newspapers used in a 1930s museum display of a blue whale.

Can space junk kill you ?
Posted 4-18-2017 | 0 comments
With so much junk floating around in orbit, how likely is it to actually kill you ?

Grandpa's visit
4-14-2017 | Portugal

Mysterious dog
4-14-2017 | Utah

A night to remember
4-14-2017 | Philippines

Am I going crazy ?
3-30-2017 | South Africa

Sleep paralysis or my father ?
3-30-2017 | Los Angeles