Thursday, September 29, 2016

Woman robbed after being placed in a trance

Posted on Wednesday, 12 March, 2014 | Comment icon 15 comments

A hypnotist at work. Image Credit: Albert von Keller
Police in Germany are hunting two hypnotists in connection with a spate of unusual robberies.
66-year-old Sarah Alexeyeva told officers that she had been standing outside an Aldi supermarket when two women spoke to her and placed her in to a hypnotic trance.

The next thing she knew she was back in her armchair at home, completely unaware of what had happened. She soon discovered however that some of her valuables were missing.

"She claims that the pair put her into a trance in order to rob her," said police spokeswoman Sandra Mohr. "She had no idea how they did it, one minute she was being promised the future and the next she knew she was back home."

Despite the peculiar nature of the crime this isn't an isolated case - several other people are believed to have also been targeted by the same two women under similar circumstances.

"They seem to be able to get the interest of their victims with a promise to see the future," said Mohr. "But the only future they are promising is to rob their victims."

Source: Mirror | Comments (15)

Tags: Hypnosis

Comment icon #6 Posted by Mikko-kun on 12 March, 2014, 17:50
You could study hypnotheraphy for years for that, or then you could just get a certain plant... or use force... or discretion... that's a new one though to me.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Junior Chubb on 12 March, 2014, 18:13
It wasn't Blondie Bennet was it?
Comment icon #8 Posted by Leonardo on 12 March, 2014, 19:09
It wasn't Blondie Bennet was it? Someone should tell her those hypnotherapy sessions are completely unnecessary.
Comment icon #9 Posted by coldethyl on 12 March, 2014, 20:51
Wow some people are really susceptible to hypnosis.
Comment icon #10 Posted by ColoradoParanormal on 13 March, 2014, 0:54
Heck, if these women get caught, they should be let off with a simple slap on the wrist and then put to work by the Government! They seem to be able to do something NO ONE ELSE can. lol Imagine the possibilities. Have these women meeting heads of state, drug cartel leaders etc. Problems solved rather easy! | Seriously though, this is quite the strangest, and I'm going to say, original types of crimes I've seen in a long while.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Sundew on 13 March, 2014, 1:10
It wasn't Blondie Bennet was it? I just HAD to click on that, thank's a lot Junior, now I need eye bleach! I have to know in addition to robbing her, did they make her cluck like a chicken?
Comment icon #12 Posted by Junior Chubb on 13 March, 2014, 10:42
I just HAD to click on that, thank's a lot Junior, now I need eye bleach! I have to know in addition to robbing her, did they make her cluck like a chicken? Sorry I would guess rubber chickens don't really cluck.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Eldorado on 13 March, 2014, 16:21
I reckon if I could hypnotise women I sure as hell wouldn't be robbing them.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Sweetpumper on 13 March, 2014, 16:37
I reckon if I could hypnotise women I sure as hell wouldn't be robbing them. Darren Sharper agrees.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Eldorado on 13 March, 2014, 16:41
Darren Sharper agrees. I had to google that. I'm offended. There's a helluva difference 'tween charming and drugging, fgs!

SpaceX plans to send humans to Mars by 2022
9-28-2016
Elon Musk has outlined his extraordinarily ambitious plans to make mankind an interplanetary species.
Proteins found in prehistoric ostrich eggs
9-28-2016
Scientists have discovered the world's oldest genetic information within 3.8 million-year-old eggshells.
Police helicopter films UFO on thermal camera
9-27-2016
Thermal footage of a strange object flying over the Bristol Channel in the UK has been uploaded online.
Melting glaciers could expose Cold War base
9-27-2016
A secret US facility hidden beneath the ice is believed to contain significant amounts of nuclear waste.
Alaska's bubbling lakes
Posted 9-28-2016 | 0 comments
Many lakes in the boreal regions of Alaska are emitting copious amounts of methane gas.

Elephants unite
Posted 9-27-2016 | 0 comments
Two elephant families decide to join together on the plains of Africa in this BBC wildlife clip.

Why do we get pruney fingers in water ?
Posted 9-26-2016 | 2 comments
Why do your fingers turn in to prunes when you stay in the bath too long ?

Crushing shoes
Posted 9-25-2016 | 0 comments
What happens when you crush shoes in a high-powered hydraulic press ?

Meet the human torch
Posted 9-24-2016 | 0 comments
Josef Toedtling from Austria has made a successful career out of setting himself on fire.

Black magic
9-27-2016 | Mineral Wells, Texas

Crying mother
9-27-2016 | Centrol Mexico

Red-faced monster
9-14-2016 | Lox Florida

Locked door
9-14-2016 | Ho Chi Minh city/Vietnam

The visit
9-9-2016 | West Palm Beach, Fl

Translucent silent UFO
9-9-2016 | Brisbane/Australia

Sleep paralysis and strange activity
9-1-2016 | Tarpon Springs, FL