Friday, August 29, 2014   |   6,648 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

8-year-old exorcist 'saving Brazilian slums'

Posted on Thursday, 3 April, 2014 | Comment icon 16 comments

Alani with her congregation. Image Credit: YouTube / Vocativ

The 8-year-old daughter of a pastor has been giving hope to some of Brazil's poorest people.

The slums of San Gonzalo on the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro are rife with sickness and poverty, yet hope still exists for its people in the form of a young girl, Alani Santos, who many believe to be capable of curing the sick and performing exorcisms despite being only 8 years old.

"A lot of the time I touch people, sometimes I just pray and worship and the person is cured," she says. "It's the part when I pray and God performs miracles, my dad interviews people and they say they've been cured. That's very pleasing to see."

Source: IB Times | Comments (16)

Tags: Brazil, Exorcist

Comment icon #7 Posted by YukiEsmaElite0 on 3 April, 2014, 16:54
You know, at age 16, I can do exorcisms (and not even very well...), but curing the sick? What kind of illnesses? Perhaps they left on their own...
Comment icon #8 Posted by Calibeliever on 3 April, 2014, 18:13
Yes there is a big difference between a pastor or a congragation claiming miracles and the church claiming miracles. Most of the time the church won't even approach something like this without some compelling reason. It's always interesting how most of these stories come from the poorest and most uneducated places around the world.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Calibeliever on 3 April, 2014, 18:14
They never will. People need hope. They will grasp at whatever straws they can to find it. The job of News is to sell News (and toothpaste). They will print what people want to read.
Comment icon #10 Posted by pallidin on 4 April, 2014, 4:53
An 8-year old performing exorcisms? Sorry, I think it's a total hoax/performance.
Comment icon #11 Posted by nohands on 9 April, 2014, 22:38
It d0esn't matter th0ugh if its real or h0ax, i think d best thing is she gives h0pes to s0me.. .. And it w0uld be much m0re appreciated if they do it free.. .. I h0pe so.
Comment icon #12 Posted by AliveInDeath7 on 10 April, 2014, 1:09
It's bs.. You can't just exorcise someone by a touch. I can't believe some people are still so uneducated to flock to this. You can tell by the pic she is a marketing scam.
Comment icon #13 Posted by kingno.7 on 21 April, 2014, 10:18
no hands, exactly, she gives hope for others , i don't know whether they are doing it for money , but i know many other people healing the sick just like her , and of course its a big deal , but think the right way , i.e. god is healing people through her , and its a really precious gift which god has given her , and to many other prayer warriors similar to her. Actually i am conveying this message to you because , by reading your comments , i think that you are having a really good attitude towards the people around you , and i respect that. MAY GOD BLESS YOU. kingno.7
Comment icon #14 Posted by kingno.7 on 21 April, 2014, 10:27
AliveInDeath7, Its not her who exorcises people by a touch,its god touching people through her. I don't know whether you believe in god , but if you believe you will see and feel the healing and miracles that god is going to perform in your life. kingno.7
Comment icon #15 Posted by kingno.7 on 21 April, 2014, 10:35
Looking forward to know more about you. Here there are some people who are similar to you , I don't know whether i will able to meet you , but please pray for my future , and its really good to hear about you , i don't know whether I am perfect , but i can say this " i am a cute, little child of god ". kingno.7
Comment icon #16 Posted by Erowin on 24 April, 2014, 5:49
Anyone can perform an exorcism- all it takes it the other person believing one is being performed on them. If they truly believed a duck could exorcise them, it would work and the duck would be an exorcist. For instance, I'm immune to exorcisms since I don't believe in them. It could be performed by the most talented exorcist in the world, and I wouldn't rock, or speak in tongues or much of anything. If these people think this girl is healing them, they will get the placebo effect.

Intertwined