Friday, July 28, 2017

Morgan Freeman inhales helium in new trailer

Posted on Monday, 26 May, 2014 | Comment icon 9 comments

What does Morgan Freeman sound like on helium ? Image Credit: YouTube / Science Channel
The legendary actor sounded a little different in a recent promo video for 'Through The Wormhole'.
Star of films such as "The Shawshank Redemption" and the recent "Dark Knight" Batman trilogy, Morgan Freeman's trademark deep voice is one of the most recognizable in modern cinema.

Now in a bid to help promote the latest run of US science documentary series "Through the Wormhole", the Science Channel has decided to turns things on their head by having the 76-year-old inhale some helium from a balloon while introducing a promotional segment for the show.

"In unusual situations," he says, "you don't always get what you expect."

Source: Toronto Sun | Comments (9)

Tags: Morgan Freeman, Helium

Comment icon #1 Posted by libstaK on 26 May, 2014, 13:47
lmao I didn't expect to find that as funny as I did.
Comment icon #2 Posted by highdesert50 on 26 May, 2014, 13:51
The legend, still actively creative at 76. May he continue to inspire.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Peter B on 26 May, 2014, 14:43
Eh...now they need to get him to do that again - after breathing in sulphur hexafluoride (it's much denser than air, so makes voices deeper).
Comment icon #4 Posted by Uncle Sam on 26 May, 2014, 23:28
Morgan Freeman makes everything better when he speaks about science. He grabs my attention and holds it, unlike teachers today. Teachers should have all their vocal cords changed to sound like Morgan Freeman!
Comment icon #5 Posted by Poltergeistnz on 27 May, 2014, 6:25
Meh! Could have been a lot funnier.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Calibeliever on 27 May, 2014, 17:54
Cute.
Comment icon #7 Posted by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR: on 28 May, 2014, 17:13
I'm not sure why they hid him in shadows. Did someone think we wouldn't indentify his unique voice? LOL!
Comment icon #8 Posted by FizzPuff on 29 May, 2014, 0:45
It was about what I expected. Still pretty funny.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Silent Trinity on 30 May, 2014, 10:39
That actually made me laugh out loud, particularly on his second inhale. He has a great voice under the influence of Helium or not lol, always a great choice for a narrator!

California residents report 'Chupacabra'
7-27-2017
Alleged sightings of the cryptozoological creature have sparked concerns over the safety of local pets.
Our atoms came from far across the universe
7-27-2017
A new study has revealed that half of the atoms that make up our bodies have come from beyond the galaxy.
Private firm set to land on the Moon in 2019
7-27-2017
Astrobotic is aiming to land its unmanned Peregrine lunar lander on the surface of the Moon in two years' time.
3,500-year-old lunch box found in Swiss Alps
7-26-2017
An extraordinarily well-preserved lunch box has been discovered on Switzerland's Lotschberg mountain.
Octopus goes for a walk
Posted 7-27-2017 | 4 comments
As this video shows, not all octopus' limit their exploration to the bottom of the sea.

Augmented reality
Posted 7-26-2017 | 1 comment
A look at a new technology that superimposes computer-generated images over the real world.

Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI