Friday, December 15, 2017

Blonde women attacked by crows in London

Posted on Thursday, 5 June, 2014 | Comment icon 42 comments

The crows have been making life difficult for park regulars. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 R. Altenkamp
A group of real-life angry birds has been terrorizing fair-haired visitors to London's Eltham Park South.
In scenes reminiscent of those in Alfred Hitchcock's 1963 movie "The Birds", the otherwise ideallic park has been home to a spate of attacks from hostile crows that appear to have a grudge against women with blonde hair.

Some park regulars have taken to avoiding the area completely while joggers have changed their route to avoid the avian assailants. A similar problem was reported in the park back in 2010.

"The bird swooped down very fast, landed on my head and started pecking away," said jogger Sarah Green. "It was the shock of it: it felt quite big and strong. I was shaking my head and flapping my arms and trying to get it off me."

According to avian expert Paul Standcliffe, the reason the birds have been attacking people with blonde hair is because they may have had a bad experience with an animal sporting similarly colored hair or fur in the past, such as a Labrador.

"It's put me off running around the park," said Green. "I think I'm going to stick to the roads."

Source: IB Times | Comments (42)

Tags: London, Crows

Comment icon #33 Posted by Hugh on 6 June, 2014, 5:33
I may be wrong...but I don't think so.The bird pictured in that link looks like a raven to me..not a crow. I think you're right!
Comment icon #34 Posted by Lilly on 6 June, 2014, 10:10
Comment icon #35 Posted by coldethyl on 7 June, 2014, 0:55
I am NOT going there without a wig.
Comment icon #36 Posted by sam_comm on 7 June, 2014, 1:06
Crows and Ravens like bright/shiny objects. Seems reasonable they might also like bright/shiny nesting material. Crows are very intelligent animals, they can even distinguish and remember facial features. ''As with our campus experiment, the local crows screamed, dove, and followed anyone wearing his mask while ignoring those wearing any of the other five masks.'' See: http://www.popsci.co...lly-smarter-you So the theory that a familiy of crows had a bad experience involving similar color of hair or furs makes sens.
Comment icon #37 Posted by hellwyr on 7 June, 2014, 8:57
crows also can differentiate social structures, every group has a different structure, also they only can differentate it by hearing anoth srow "speaking" I think this particular group hates blonds and want to eridicate them xd....
Comment icon #38 Posted by Lilly on 7 June, 2014, 10:37
I think this particular group hates blonds and want to eridicate them xd.... It could very well be this, especially if the crows are actually attacking vs just pulling out a few hairs. Perhaps someone blonde was mean to this group of crows?
Comment icon #39 Posted by Eldorado on 7 June, 2014, 13:57
Perhaps someone blonde was mean to this group of crows? Those 'Children of the Damned'? Personally, I reckon they are jealous cos blondes have more fun and there's no featherdressers to dye their feathers for them
Comment icon #40 Posted by SaraT on 8 June, 2014, 9:52
I think this is probably the case, it is spring after all. Crows are known to be attracted to bright shiny thngs...why not fixin's for a nice shiny nest? Lilly is undoubtedly right. Because of my raven hair, I'm fond of bright, shiny diamonds, gold, silver, precious stones, jewelry.
Comment icon #41 Posted by kosciuszko303 on 20 June, 2014, 11:18
a tennis racket would come in very handy me thinks...
Comment icon #42 Posted by Rei4ever on 4 August, 2014, 15:13
Animal racism lol

NASA finds entire solar system like our own
12-14-2017
The space agency has made an important new exoplanet discovery using a Google artificial intelligence.
Greenland shark thought to be 512 years old
12-14-2017
Marine biologists have identified what could potentially be the world's oldest living vertebrate.
'Mannequin Skywalker' launch is successful
12-13-2017
Private space firm Blue Origin has completed a successful test launch of its rocket and crew capsule.
'Mystery creature' filmed by Sydney family
12-13-2017
65-year-old Fethi Ada and his family had been out fishing when they encountered something rather unusual.
Einstein's brain
Posted 12-13-2017 | 0 comments
After he died, legendary physicist Albert Einstein's brain was preserved for study.

Is happiness contagious ?
Posted 12-12-2017 | 0 comments
Is it possible to become happy by hanging out with other people who are happy ?

Megalodon - the largest shark in history
Posted 12-11-2017 | 0 comments
A look at Megalodon - a truly monstrous creature that once roamed Eath's oceans.

Pizza night - in space
Posted 12-8-2017 | 0 comments
ISS astronauts try their hand at putting together pizzas high up in orbit around the Earth.

Pelican invasion
Posted 12-7-2017 | 0 comments
This curious pelican decided to invade the director's tent during a BBC film shoot.

Mysterious Headlights
12-10-2017 | Morgan County, Alabama

Possibly a child ghost
12-10-2017 | Edgewater, Maryland

True story about black-eyed kids
12-10-2017 | Portland oregon

Alien or paranormal encounter ?
12-10-2017 | United States

Ouija board experience
12-10-2017 | Ohio

Strange occurrences
11-15-2017 | Fife

Mysterious music box song
11-15-2017 | U.S.A

Haunted military house
10-23-2017 | New Zealand

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom