Friday, December 2, 2016

'Blair Witch' director makes Bigfoot movie

Posted on Saturday, 30 August, 2014 | Comment icon 25 comments

The woods are not a safe place in found-footage genre movies. Image Credit: CC 2.0 Ashley Chile Baz
The man behind the 1999 found-footage film is returning to the woods with his new movie 'Exists'.
When it first came out, Eduardo Sanchez's 'The Blair Witch Project' was considered to be a fresh and unusual take on the traditional horror flick. Filmed entirely on low budget cameras the movie followed the terrifying experiences of its three protagonists as they found themselves lost in the woods.

At the time the film divided critics and even managed to convince some people that the whole thing was real.

Now Sanchez is returning to the found-footage genre with another, surprisingly familiar venture that sees a group of five friends encountering something in the forest. This time however it isn't the Blair Witch that is stalking them through the foliage.

"Visions of a carefree vacation are shattered with an accident on a dark and desolate country road," the movie's synopsis reads. "In the wake of the accident, a bloodcurdling force of nature is unleashed - something not exactly human, but not completely animal - an urban legend come to terrifying life… and seeking murderous revenge."

The movie is expected to release on October 24th in time for the Halloween season.

Source: Tech Times | Comments (25)

Tags: Bigfoot, Blair Waitch

Comment icon #16 Posted by StRoostifer on 7 September, 2014, 6:17
I have to admit, I never did make it through the Blair witch movie. Bored me to tears but that's just me and I certainly mean no offense to anyone that liked it or was able to watch the entire movie. Hopefully the Bigfoot movie will be better.
Comment icon #17 Posted by DefenceMinisterMishkin on 7 September, 2014, 8:38
I'm just hoping for at least one beard..
Comment icon #18 Posted by some new guy on 7 September, 2014, 11:17
I wont pay to see this movie at the theaters, I'll wait till its on TV - the thing that already ruins it for me is the whole "sexy teens on a weekend getaway" - the target audience and therefore the writing/direction for the film is too obvious however, I think the film would have been way cooler if it were about the BFRO or those Mountain Monsters guys on a weekend getaway - it would have been really great to see their bones in a pile of Bigfoot feces BEST - Ron
Comment icon #19 Posted by QuiteContrary on 9 September, 2014, 22:35
... I was so fed up looking up at the woman's dribbling nose! ... Lol! That is what I remember, her annoying incessant sniffling. I was thinking when I first read about this I hope the next lead has a drn box of tissues in her pocket! I did like BW at first, but then it eventually tanked for me. PA didn't do it for me either.
Comment icon #20 Posted by MidnightLady on 16 October, 2014, 18:25
I was living in the East Bay of the San Francisco area when the Blair Witch decided to become famous. A co-worker at Marin General Hospital said I must see this. He raved about it. Being strapped for cash I decided to attend an afternoon showing that is usually cheaper. When I got to the complex I couldn't find a parking space so I went home. This made me mad. I checked the papers and found they were going to have a midnight showing. Since I function better in the dark, I thought I would spring for a ticket. So I plopped a few cans of Bud in my purse and left early. I get there, park and walk ... [More]
Comment icon #21 Posted by Astral Hillbilly on 30 January, 2016, 20:43
Comment icon #22 Posted by Farmer77 on 30 January, 2016, 21:02
Exists had one thing in it's favor. It had the most realistic representation of a Bigfoot that I've ever seen. It looked exactly like I would expect it to look if I ran across it in the woods. Very. very good. It was pretty cool looking. Its not a bad movie for a creature feature kinda flick.
Comment icon #23 Posted by Paranormal AfterParty on 10 February, 2016, 20:08
This is the first that I've heard of it. Seems to be more elusive than the creature, itself. Better contact P.R.
Comment icon #24 Posted by FTW on 5 March, 2016, 22:35
I cant believe I haven't heard about this,I love cheesy horror movies
Comment icon #25 Posted by Vance665 on 7 March, 2016, 21:01
I wouldn't mind seeing this one. I remember when Blair Witch was supposed to be so scary. Back in the day I didn't like movies like that but I went to see it. From everything I heard I was expecting to be so scared I might not be able to handle it. Before I could even blink the movie was over and all I could think was "wtf how did this scare anyone?".

Man is attempting to swim across the Atlantic
12-2-2016
British swimmer Ben Hooper has embarked on a seemingly impossible feat of strength and endurance.
Global warming 'beyond point of no return'
12-2-2016
A groundbreaking new study suggests that scientists have underestimated the impact of climate change.
'Breakthrough' will make chocolate healthier
12-1-2016
Swiss food giant Nestle has found a way to reduce sugar in chocolate by 40% without affecting the taste.
Road in Siberia ends up coated in green snow
12-1-2016
The bizarre spectacle occurred after a pipe burst and water from a drainage well rose to the surface.
Featured book

By Toryn Chapman
Campbell Mackenzie is a successful lawyer with occasional feelings of déjà vu. There's just one problem, though - it's not déjà vu.
Why do we like shiny things ?
Posted 12-2-2016 | 6 comments
Why do we seem to be intrinsically drawn from an early age to shiny objects ?

Why are dogs so different ?
Posted 12-1-2016 | 4 comments
Despite being the same species, various breeds of dogs can be very different indeed.

Pulling a fire engine
Posted 11-30-2016 | 0 comments
Strongman Kevin Fast and his two sons manage to pull a fire engine over 100ft.

How to jump from the edge of space
Posted 11-29-2016 | 2 comments
In 2014, Alan Eustace donned a special spacesuit and jumped from over 135,000 feet.

Don't mix Coca-Cola with liquid nitrogen
Posted 11-28-2016 | 6 comments
A look at what happens when you add liquid nitrogen to a half-empty bottle of Coke.

Not my daughter