Saturday, October 21, 2017

'Blair Witch' director makes Bigfoot movie

Posted on Saturday, 30 August, 2014 | Comment icon 25 comments

The woods are not a safe place in found-footage genre movies. Image Credit: CC 2.0 Ashley Chile Baz
The man behind the 1999 found-footage film is returning to the woods with his new movie 'Exists'.
When it first came out, Eduardo Sanchez's 'The Blair Witch Project' was considered to be a fresh and unusual take on the traditional horror flick. Filmed entirely on low budget cameras the movie followed the terrifying experiences of its three protagonists as they found themselves lost in the woods.

At the time the film divided critics and even managed to convince some people that the whole thing was real.

Now Sanchez is returning to the found-footage genre with another, surprisingly familiar venture that sees a group of five friends encountering something in the forest. This time however it isn't the Blair Witch that is stalking them through the foliage.

"Visions of a carefree vacation are shattered with an accident on a dark and desolate country road," the movie's synopsis reads. "In the wake of the accident, a bloodcurdling force of nature is unleashed - something not exactly human, but not completely animal - an urban legend come to terrifying life… and seeking murderous revenge."

The movie is expected to release on October 24th in time for the Halloween season.

Source: Tech Times | Comments (25)

Tags: Bigfoot, Blair Waitch

Comment icon #16 Posted by StRoostifer on 7 September, 2014, 6:17
I have to admit, I never did make it through the Blair witch movie. Bored me to tears but that's just me and I certainly mean no offense to anyone that liked it or was able to watch the entire movie. Hopefully the Bigfoot movie will be better.
Comment icon #17 Posted by DefenceMinisterMishkin on 7 September, 2014, 8:38
I'm just hoping for at least one beard..
Comment icon #18 Posted by some new guy on 7 September, 2014, 11:17
I wont pay to see this movie at the theaters, I'll wait till its on TV - the thing that already ruins it for me is the whole "sexy teens on a weekend getaway" - the target audience and therefore the writing/direction for the film is too obvious however, I think the film would have been way cooler if it were about the BFRO or those Mountain Monsters guys on a weekend getaway - it would have been really great to see their bones in a pile of Bigfoot feces BEST - Ron
Comment icon #19 Posted by QuiteContrary on 9 September, 2014, 22:35
... I was so fed up looking up at the woman's dribbling nose! ... Lol! That is what I remember, her annoying incessant sniffling. I was thinking when I first read about this I hope the next lead has a drn box of tissues in her pocket! I did like BW at first, but then it eventually tanked for me. PA didn't do it for me either.
Comment icon #20 Posted by MidnightLady on 16 October, 2014, 18:25
I was living in the East Bay of the San Francisco area when the Blair Witch decided to become famous. A co-worker at Marin General Hospital said I must see this. He raved about it. Being strapped for cash I decided to attend an afternoon showing that is usually cheaper. When I got to the complex I couldn't find a parking space so I went home. This made me mad. I checked the papers and found they were going to have a midnight showing. Since I function better in the dark, I thought I would spring for a ticket. So I plopped a few cans of Bud in my purse and left early. I get there, park and walk ... [More]
Comment icon #21 Posted by Astral Hillbilly on 30 January, 2016, 20:43
Comment icon #22 Posted by Farmer77 on 30 January, 2016, 21:02
Exists had one thing in it's favor. It had the most realistic representation of a Bigfoot that I've ever seen. It looked exactly like I would expect it to look if I ran across it in the woods. Very. very good. It was pretty cool looking. Its not a bad movie for a creature feature kinda flick.
Comment icon #23 Posted by Paranormal AfterParty on 10 February, 2016, 20:08
This is the first that I've heard of it. Seems to be more elusive than the creature, itself. Better contact P.R.
Comment icon #24 Posted by FTW on 5 March, 2016, 22:35
I cant believe I haven't heard about this,I love cheesy horror movies
Comment icon #25 Posted by Vance665 on 7 March, 2016, 21:01
I wouldn't mind seeing this one. I remember when Blair Witch was supposed to be so scary. Back in the day I didn't like movies like that but I went to see it. From everything I heard I was expecting to be so scared I might not be able to handle it. Before I could even blink the movie was over and all I could think was "wtf how did this scare anyone?".

9.7 million-year-old hominin teeth discovered
10-20-2017
The surprising find has the potential to completely rewrite everything we know of early human history.
Flying insect numbers drop by 75% in 27 years
10-20-2017
A new study has highlighted a huge reduction in the number of flying insects in Germany's nature reserves.
Car appears out of nowhere in puzzling footage
10-20-2017
An intriguing optical illusion has been leaving social media users scratching their heads this week.
Huge 50km-long cave discovered on the Moon
10-19-2017
The Japanese space agency JAXA has announced the discovery of a cave hidden beneath the lunar surface.
Recreating your face from DNA
Posted 10-18-2017 | 0 comments
Is it possible to determine someone's appearance from a sample of their DNA ?

Schlieren imaging in color
Posted 10-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at Schlieren imaging - a technique that can help to visualize tiny differences in air.

Glowing creatures of the deep
Posted 10-15-2017 | 0 comments
This vintage clip sees Sir David Attenborough descending in to the dark depths of the sea.

Slow motion pellet split
Posted 10-14-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt to split an air gun pellet with a knife to pop two balloons.

Dog with world's longest tongue
Posted 10-12-2017 | 2 comments
Meet Mochi Rickert - a female St Bernard with a tongue measuring 18.58 cm in length.

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom

Ghost playing with a balloon?
10-18-2017 | Australia

Impossible phone call
10-18-2017 | West Virginia

Seeing cats
10-18-2017 | Santa Rosa

Fourth of July UFO show
10-18-2017 | Hillsboro ND

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland