Sunday, June 25, 2017

'Blair Witch' director makes Bigfoot movie

Posted on Saturday, 30 August, 2014 | Comment icon 25 comments

The woods are not a safe place in found-footage genre movies. Image Credit: CC 2.0 Ashley Chile Baz
The man behind the 1999 found-footage film is returning to the woods with his new movie 'Exists'.
When it first came out, Eduardo Sanchez's 'The Blair Witch Project' was considered to be a fresh and unusual take on the traditional horror flick. Filmed entirely on low budget cameras the movie followed the terrifying experiences of its three protagonists as they found themselves lost in the woods.

At the time the film divided critics and even managed to convince some people that the whole thing was real.

Now Sanchez is returning to the found-footage genre with another, surprisingly familiar venture that sees a group of five friends encountering something in the forest. This time however it isn't the Blair Witch that is stalking them through the foliage.

"Visions of a carefree vacation are shattered with an accident on a dark and desolate country road," the movie's synopsis reads. "In the wake of the accident, a bloodcurdling force of nature is unleashed - something not exactly human, but not completely animal - an urban legend come to terrifying life… and seeking murderous revenge."

The movie is expected to release on October 24th in time for the Halloween season.

Source: Tech Times | Comments (25)

Tags: Bigfoot, Blair Waitch

Comment icon #16 Posted by StRoostifer on 7 September, 2014, 6:17
I have to admit, I never did make it through the Blair witch movie. Bored me to tears but that's just me and I certainly mean no offense to anyone that liked it or was able to watch the entire movie. Hopefully the Bigfoot movie will be better.
Comment icon #17 Posted by DefenceMinisterMishkin on 7 September, 2014, 8:38
I'm just hoping for at least one beard..
Comment icon #18 Posted by some new guy on 7 September, 2014, 11:17
I wont pay to see this movie at the theaters, I'll wait till its on TV - the thing that already ruins it for me is the whole "sexy teens on a weekend getaway" - the target audience and therefore the writing/direction for the film is too obvious however, I think the film would have been way cooler if it were about the BFRO or those Mountain Monsters guys on a weekend getaway - it would have been really great to see their bones in a pile of Bigfoot feces BEST - Ron
Comment icon #19 Posted by QuiteContrary on 9 September, 2014, 22:35
... I was so fed up looking up at the woman's dribbling nose! ... Lol! That is what I remember, her annoying incessant sniffling. I was thinking when I first read about this I hope the next lead has a drn box of tissues in her pocket! I did like BW at first, but then it eventually tanked for me. PA didn't do it for me either.
Comment icon #20 Posted by MidnightLady on 16 October, 2014, 18:25
I was living in the East Bay of the San Francisco area when the Blair Witch decided to become famous. A co-worker at Marin General Hospital said I must see this. He raved about it. Being strapped for cash I decided to attend an afternoon showing that is usually cheaper. When I got to the complex I couldn't find a parking space so I went home. This made me mad. I checked the papers and found they were going to have a midnight showing. Since I function better in the dark, I thought I would spring for a ticket. So I plopped a few cans of Bud in my purse and left early. I get there, park and walk ... [More]
Comment icon #21 Posted by Astral Hillbilly on 30 January, 2016, 20:43
Comment icon #22 Posted by Farmer77 on 30 January, 2016, 21:02
Exists had one thing in it's favor. It had the most realistic representation of a Bigfoot that I've ever seen. It looked exactly like I would expect it to look if I ran across it in the woods. Very. very good. It was pretty cool looking. Its not a bad movie for a creature feature kinda flick.
Comment icon #23 Posted by Paranormal AfterParty on 10 February, 2016, 20:08
This is the first that I've heard of it. Seems to be more elusive than the creature, itself. Better contact P.R.
Comment icon #24 Posted by FTW on 5 March, 2016, 22:35
I cant believe I haven't heard about this,I love cheesy horror movies
Comment icon #25 Posted by Vance665 on 7 March, 2016, 21:01
I wouldn't mind seeing this one. I remember when Blair Witch was supposed to be so scary. Back in the day I didn't like movies like that but I went to see it. From everything I heard I was expecting to be so scared I might not be able to handle it. Before I could even blink the movie was over and all I could think was "wtf how did this scare anyone?".

Could the universe itself be conscious ?
6-25-2017
The idea that the cosmos may be self-aware has intrigued scientists and philosophers for centuries.
Scientists crack mystery of avian egg shape
6-24-2017
Researchers have finally worked out why some bird eggs are rounder while others are more pointy.
Magnetic beam could dispose of old satellites
6-24-2017
A French scientist is working on a novel new way to keep Earth's orbit clear of defunct satellites.
UK UFO files have finally been released
6-24-2017
The National Archives has published a collection of 15 Ministry of Defence files on the subject of UFOs.
Longest marble run
Posted 6-25-2017 | 1 comment
This record-breaking marble run in Elgg, Switzerland stretched 1,918.12 meters through the town.

Predicting disasters
Posted 6-24-2017 | 0 comments
Richard A. Clarke talks about the ways in which catastrophes can be predicted in advance.

How big are spacecraft ?
Posted 6-23-2017 | 2 comments
Most images of spacecraft are set in space, which makes it hard to judge relative size.

Eusocial animals
Posted 6-22-2017 | 1 comment
How do ants and termites manage to create such enormous and impressive structures ?

Seeing the invisible
Posted 6-21-2017 | 0 comments
What if you could see invisible air currents, temperature gradients and pressure differences ?

Craig is here
6-10-2017 | Phoenix AZ

We saw the same thing!
6-10-2017 | Pooler, GA

Three female faces
6-5-2017 | Illinois (IL)

Encounter at 3:33 AM
6-5-2017 | Budapest

Trade school terror
5-26-2017 | Cedro woolley, Wa.

Someone is on my bed