Monday, February 27, 2017

'Blair Witch' director makes Bigfoot movie

Posted on Saturday, 30 August, 2014 | Comment icon 25 comments

The woods are not a safe place in found-footage genre movies. Image Credit: CC 2.0 Ashley Chile Baz
The man behind the 1999 found-footage film is returning to the woods with his new movie 'Exists'.
When it first came out, Eduardo Sanchez's 'The Blair Witch Project' was considered to be a fresh and unusual take on the traditional horror flick. Filmed entirely on low budget cameras the movie followed the terrifying experiences of its three protagonists as they found themselves lost in the woods.

At the time the film divided critics and even managed to convince some people that the whole thing was real.

Now Sanchez is returning to the found-footage genre with another, surprisingly familiar venture that sees a group of five friends encountering something in the forest. This time however it isn't the Blair Witch that is stalking them through the foliage.

"Visions of a carefree vacation are shattered with an accident on a dark and desolate country road," the movie's synopsis reads. "In the wake of the accident, a bloodcurdling force of nature is unleashed - something not exactly human, but not completely animal - an urban legend come to terrifying life… and seeking murderous revenge."

The movie is expected to release on October 24th in time for the Halloween season.

Source: Tech Times | Comments (25)

Tags: Bigfoot, Blair Waitch

Comment icon #16 Posted by StRoostifer on 7 September, 2014, 6:17
I have to admit, I never did make it through the Blair witch movie. Bored me to tears but that's just me and I certainly mean no offense to anyone that liked it or was able to watch the entire movie. Hopefully the Bigfoot movie will be better.
Comment icon #17 Posted by DefenceMinisterMishkin on 7 September, 2014, 8:38
I'm just hoping for at least one beard..
Comment icon #18 Posted by some new guy on 7 September, 2014, 11:17
I wont pay to see this movie at the theaters, I'll wait till its on TV - the thing that already ruins it for me is the whole "sexy teens on a weekend getaway" - the target audience and therefore the writing/direction for the film is too obvious however, I think the film would have been way cooler if it were about the BFRO or those Mountain Monsters guys on a weekend getaway - it would have been really great to see their bones in a pile of Bigfoot feces BEST - Ron
Comment icon #19 Posted by QuiteContrary on 9 September, 2014, 22:35
... I was so fed up looking up at the woman's dribbling nose! ... Lol! That is what I remember, her annoying incessant sniffling. I was thinking when I first read about this I hope the next lead has a drn box of tissues in her pocket! I did like BW at first, but then it eventually tanked for me. PA didn't do it for me either.
Comment icon #20 Posted by MidnightLady on 16 October, 2014, 18:25
I was living in the East Bay of the San Francisco area when the Blair Witch decided to become famous. A co-worker at Marin General Hospital said I must see this. He raved about it. Being strapped for cash I decided to attend an afternoon showing that is usually cheaper. When I got to the complex I couldn't find a parking space so I went home. This made me mad. I checked the papers and found they were going to have a midnight showing. Since I function better in the dark, I thought I would spring for a ticket. So I plopped a few cans of Bud in my purse and left early. I get there, park and walk ... [More]
Comment icon #21 Posted by Astral Hillbilly on 30 January, 2016, 20:43
Comment icon #22 Posted by Farmer77 on 30 January, 2016, 21:02
Exists had one thing in it's favor. It had the most realistic representation of a Bigfoot that I've ever seen. It looked exactly like I would expect it to look if I ran across it in the woods. Very. very good. It was pretty cool looking. Its not a bad movie for a creature feature kinda flick.
Comment icon #23 Posted by Paranormal AfterParty on 10 February, 2016, 20:08
This is the first that I've heard of it. Seems to be more elusive than the creature, itself. Better contact P.R.
Comment icon #24 Posted by FTW on 5 March, 2016, 22:35
I cant believe I haven't heard about this,I love cheesy horror movies
Comment icon #25 Posted by Vance665 on 7 March, 2016, 21:01
I wouldn't mind seeing this one. I remember when Blair Witch was supposed to be so scary. Back in the day I didn't like movies like that but I went to see it. From everything I heard I was expecting to be so scared I might not be able to handle it. Before I could even blink the movie was over and all I could think was "wtf how did this scare anyone?".

Hot springs holds 'hair freezing' competition
2-26-2017
Every year, visitors to the Takhini Hot Springs in Yukon are challenged to freeze their hair and brows.
Pollution can outweigh benefits of exercise
2-26-2017
In some of the world's most polluted cities, exercising outside can actually do more harm than good.
Group of kids scared by 'goblin' in Argentina
2-26-2017
Bizarre footage posted online recently shows a mysterious assailant crawling towards some youths.
Desert people evolve to drink poisonous water
2-25-2017
The local people of Chile's Atacama desert have developed the ability to drink water laced with arsenic.
Featured book

By Guy Lyon Playfair
A look at the story of Peggy Hodgson and her four children who, between 1977 and 1979, were at the center of one of the most terrifying poltergeist cases ever documented.
Exploding batteries in slow motion
Posted 2-26-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys return, this time with a slow motion recording of exploding batteries.

Crushing cans
Posted 2-25-2017 | 3 comments
Muhammad Rashid from Pakistan crushes 77 cans with his elbow within one minute.

Is time real ?
Posted 2-24-2017 | 0 comments
Bill Nye talks about the concept of time and how our subjective perceptions of it can change.

Is it possible to re-freeze the Arctic ?
Posted 2-23-2017 | 1 comment
Scientists have proposed a rather unorthodox solution to the problems caused by climate change.

Giant horse conch
Posted 2-22-2017 | 1 comment
A huge conch makes light work of a tulip snail which fails to make its escape.

Saved by a stranger

1-6-2017 | Southern California

Floating tiles
1-6-2017 | Chewelah, Washington

A haunting in Northern California
12-28-2016 | Northern California

Strange creature in South Africa
12-28-2016 | South Africa, Hoedspruit.