Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Freak show acquires rare two-headed snake

Posted on Saturday, 5 September, 2015 | Comment icon 6 comments

Medusa the two-headed snake. Image Credit: YouTube / venicebeachfreakshow
Todd Ray forked out $50,000 to obtain an incredibly rare albino Honduran Milk Snake with two heads.
Named 'Medusa' after the Gorgon of Greek mythology, the snake is particularly unusual because unlike many two-headed animals this one actually does have two distinct and separate heads, not two heads melded together in to one.

"I've wanted her since the day it was born four years ago," said Ray, the owner of Venice Beach Freakshow and holder of the world record for owning the most two-headed creatures.

"I went back and forth with the owner and the price just kept getting higher."

When feeding the new snake Ray had to feed each of the heads one at a time to keep them from biting one another. At 3ft long however the unusual reptile can sometimes prove quite a handful.

Those looking to see Medusa first hand can find her at the Venice Beach Freakshow from Saturday.

"I really think she is the star - especially for snakes," said Ray.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (6)

Tags: Two-Headed, Snake

Comment icon #1 Posted by Ryu on 4 September, 2015, 22:09
Wow! What a beauty that one is. Love one scene where one head wanted to go one direction and the other wanted to seemingly go elsewhere. Always liked snakes so this was really neat to see. The music was cool too. Thanks for posting this.
Comment icon #2 Posted by jamesjr191 on 5 September, 2015, 21:32
Great find and im happy it has a good home. For the price he paid, it will be very well taken care of!
Comment icon #3 Posted by Paranormalcy on 6 September, 2015, 0:23
That sure is eyecatching. I bet a lot of people come to look at something so strange. I guess, essentially, what I mean is... His milksnake brings all the boys to the yard...
Comment icon #4 Posted by Athena1979 on 11 September, 2015, 18:24
Two female brains? That ought to be fun!
Comment icon #5 Posted by EllJay on 11 September, 2015, 21:48
I wonder which brain that is in charge of the body? It looks like it is the left head. The right one seems more like an appendix coming out of the body. Or maybe its more like a "socialist democracy" of sort, where the get equal amount of time per day to be "in charge" of the body
Comment icon #6 Posted by AustinHinton on 10 November, 2015, 3:10
I have seen dozens of photos of bi-cephalic snakes, but to see them in motion is something else.

'Octopus city' found off coast of Australia
9-19-2017
Members of the gloomy octopus species have created their own underwater settlement dubbed 'Octlantis'.
60 ancient shipwrecks found in the Black Sea
9-19-2017
Marine archaeologists unexpectedly stumbled across a goldmine of shipwrecks during a recent expedition.
Italian supervolcano's magma source found
9-18-2017
Scientists have discovered evidence of a 'hot zone' feeding a supervolcano in southern Italy.
Three planets to hide behind the Moon today
9-18-2017
Venus, Mars and Mercury will all be temporarily disappearing behind the Moon over the next few hours.
Derren Brown and new age crystals
Posted 9-19-2017 | 0 comments
The psychological illusionist is joined by actor Martin Freeman for this remarkable trick.

I'll eat my hat
Posted 9-18-2017 | 0 comments
Where did the strange phrase 'I'll eat my hat' actually come from ?

Meet the microscopic life in your home
Posted 9-17-2017 | 0 comments
Think your home is free of meddlesome microscopic life forms ? Think again.

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY