Tuesday, May 30, 2017

3-year-old goes for a drive on the highway

Posted on Sunday, 10 January, 2016 | Comment icon 26 comments

The toddler managed to travel quite a distance from his home. Image Credit: PD - Urbanative
Motorists in Florida last week were gobsmacked to see a small child driving along the middle of the road.
The peculiar incident began on Wednesday morning after the boy managed to sneak out of his house by standing on a chair to unlock the front door while his father was in the bathroom.

Once outside he got in to his motorized Power Wheels vehicle and headed off towards the highway.

Fortunately several canny road users slowed down to shield the boy from oncoming traffic and ushered him over on to the side of the road until the authorities could intervene.

"I was shocked," said witness Danny Collins. "Thatís why I took the pictures. I was like nobodyís going to believe this. Could have ended a lot differently if not for the people who stopped."

Fortunately the boy escaped unscathed and has since been reunited with his father.

Local authorities are currently investigating the case.

Source: Global News | Comments (26)

Tags: Highway, Child, Driving

Comment icon #17 Posted by freetoroam on 11 January, 2016, 19:02
Comment icon #18 Posted by Sundew on 11 January, 2016, 19:12
It may or may not be the parent's fault, kids are smart and they can figure out door locks and gates. All it takes is a second of inattention or distraction. I saw a similar incident once where a cop brought a two or maybe three year old into a restaurant that was walking down the median of a four lane road. The mother, a bartender/hostess turned her back for a minute and the kid was out the front door of the restaurant and on his way down the road.
Comment icon #19 Posted by freetoroam on 11 January, 2016, 19:22
It may or may not be the parent's fault, kids are smart and they can figure out door locks and gates. It is for this reason why they invented child locks. Kids are smart, adults should be smarter.......of course accidents happen, but a 3 year old getting into a power wheel car in doors, etc etc etc just a bit too weird for me.
Comment icon #20 Posted by BeastieRunner on 12 January, 2016, 0:07
No fear from that 3-yr old. NASCAR is in his future... if he stays alive long enough. And dad, shame on you. Suppose a lot can happen even while being a good parent though. The real-life story of Ricky Bobby.
Comment icon #21 Posted by willowdreams on 13 January, 2016, 11:44
I am still baffled (as you may have noticed) what this car was doing in the house in the first place. Maybe there are no valuables or breakable things lying about which the child could crash into....while daddy is in the bathroom having a dump. But this guy could have a really big house with lots and lots and lots of room and have specific "drive carefully" signs. But from what we see in the video, the house does not look that big.....but hey! who knows, maybe now is just not a good time to discuss it. When my two were little, we had one of those 'jeeps' for our kids, ran on a car battery, we ... [More]
Comment icon #22 Posted by freetoroam on 13 January, 2016, 13:22
When my two were little, we had one of those 'jeeps' for our kids, ran on a car battery, we lived in an apartment and had no place outside to put it,nor would we have been allowed to store such a thing outside our apart doorway. SOO we had an indoor outdoor area rug in the kitchen/dining area, we parked it there when it was not in use. No it really was not that loud, and keep in mind that my two kids are in their 30's now, this was like 22 yrs ago *gasp, i am not that old*.. Parents need to use the bathroom, sometimes bathroom visits are not short and sweet. I have myself gone to the bathroom ... [More]
Comment icon #23 Posted by willowdreams on 13 January, 2016, 13:59
People differ if what they buy their children, When my son was 3 we lived in a flat, we would never had even though about buying a car like that for him, only to cart it outside, down the lift or steps each time and storing it in the flat! It is a matter of what is suitable and a car like that would not have been a suitable purchase. it certainly would not have been an essential part of my sons up bringing and I liked my kitchen, it was a great place for cooking, but not for storing power wheel cars. I have a friend who stores his Harley Davidson in the house, its in the hallway, not that I wo... [More]
Comment icon #24 Posted by freetoroam on 13 January, 2016, 14:09
Actually, it was in phx az, our back door led to a small car drive through, AH! see I was brought up in a flat....16th floor. The flat I lived in with my son when he was 3 was on the 4th floor...I think our apartment/flat situations are completely different.
Comment icon #25 Posted by willowdreams on 13 January, 2016, 14:20
AH! see I was brought up in a flat....16th floor. The flat I lived in with my son when he was 3 was on the 4th floor...I think our apartment/flat situations are completely different. hehe it has been about 19 to 20 yrs since we lived there, but i found the apartment and it looks almost the same, the only diff is the center courtyard.. it had a swing/slide set and there were picnic tables and more grillshttp://www.apartments.com/el-moro-sun-apartments-phoenix-az/ye6tyfr/
Comment icon #26 Posted by MisterMan on 17 January, 2016, 9:26
used his car to climb on to to open the front door, (that still baffles me)then got into his car and then drives onto the road.... I am still baffled (as you may have noticed) what this car was doing in the house in the first place. Did you read the article? He climbed a chair to unlock the door. Nothing in the story indicates the car was inside the house.

Red flashing light spotted in the White House
5-30-2017
Webcam footage of a strange red light on the second floor of the White House has gone viral online.
UFO drama 'Blue Book' inspired by real events
5-29-2017
'Back to the Future' director Robert Zemeckis will be producing a new TV series about Project Blue Book.
Great Barrier Reef bleaching is getting worse
5-29-2017
Scientists have conceded that the outlook for the world's largest coral reef is looking increasingly grim.
UK man finds huntsman spider in his garden
5-29-2017
One Kent resident got the shock of his life recently when he spotted a huge arachnid outside his home.
Giant Kit-Kat
Posted 5-30-2017 | 0 comments
Barry and James return with an attempt to create the world's largest Kit-Kat.

Japan's walls of snow
Posted 5-29-2017 | 0 comments
Murodo-daira of Tateyama has one of the heaviest snows in the world - up to 20 meters in places.

Thieving octopus
Posted 5-28-2017 | 0 comments
The Giant Pacific Octopus lies in wait so that it can steal crabs from local fishermen.

What color were dinosaurs ?
Posted 5-27-2017 | 6 comments
We can learn much about dinosaurs from fossils, but their color has long remained a mystery.

Ring around the Earth
Posted 5-26-2017 | 0 comments
What would happen if a solid, free-floating ring was placed in orbit around the Earth ?

Trade school terror
5-26-2017 | Cedro woolley, Wa.

Someone is on my bed