Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Man can stick bottles and cans to his head

Posted on Monday, 25 January, 2016 | Comment icon 17 comments

Keeton can stick anything to his skin. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 LWP Communications / Flickr
A man who has become known as 'canhead' possesses the unique ability to stick objects to his head.
Jamie Keeton of Evergreen Park in Illinois is able to perform the peculiar feat due to a medical condition so rare that doctors don't even have a name for it.

He first discovered his unique talent quite by accident during a ball game 23 years ago.

"I was trying to cool my head down because it was a hot day. And all of a sudden they hit a home run," he said. "I went up to grab it... I missed it, and then said, 'Where's my drink?' Everybody was laughing... The drink was stuck to the back of my head. The drink was pouring out of it."

Now known as 'canhead', Keeton has since become something of a celebrity and last week even managed to secure a Guinness World Record in China for sticking eight cans to his head.

Nobody knows exactly how he is able to do it but one possibility is that his abnormally high body temperature of 100 degrees may be causing his pores to act a bit like suction-cups.

Source: UPI.com | Comments (17)

Tags: Canhead, Jamie Keeton

Comment icon #8 Posted by Lucas Cooper Merrin on 25 January, 2016, 16:57
Its sweat! I can stick cutlery and pans to myself after ive worked up a sweat!
Comment icon #9 Posted by Twin on 25 January, 2016, 19:54
I can stick two coke cans to my forehead but it actually works better if they are full (not opened). It's just the suction action. The lobes of my forehead are shaped just right for coke - other brands don't work so well. I put the can on my damp forehead & manually move the skin away from the can a little creating suction.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Twin on 25 January, 2016, 19:56
Comment icon #11 Posted by Twin on 25 January, 2016, 20:00
See him slide it a little when he places it? that pulls on the skin a little creating suction. No mystery.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Chibadiba on 25 January, 2016, 21:02
I present you with the newest member of the X-Men, Can Head!
Comment icon #13 Posted by kapow53 on 26 January, 2016, 1:56
This man is a true American hero.
Comment icon #14 Posted by qxcontinuum on 27 January, 2016, 5:33
i can do the same thing. It is called suction and requires a bit of fat
Comment icon #15 Posted by Ashyne on 27 January, 2016, 15:17
His body temperature is at 100 degrees always? All the water in his body must be boiling and turning into steam then.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Ashyne on 27 January, 2016, 15:23
ChrLrz, I dont know any studies but the BASIC, not sure about advanced, science. Most cans and bottles have a concave area at bottm of can, not completely flat. If his pores are acting like suction cups then it needs a complete seal around the can. The concave part of his head fits perfectly inside that concave and between that and pores it suctions it to his head. I dont think flat bottomed would work or even if his head was just slightly different shaped head because that seal around bottom of can is flush with skin. I also believe that is the case as all the flat bottomed objects are placed... [More]
Comment icon #17 Posted by AustinHinton on 27 January, 2016, 22:07
He must have a very magnetic personality...

Ancient Mysteries & Alternative History
  DNA analysis of the elongated skulls
  Let's talk history
  Sacred North American Medicine Stones (3)
 Extraterrestrial Life & The UFO Phenomenon
  The absence of evidence
  Abduction changes
  Nibiru?
Elon Musk to give update on SpaceX Mars plans
9-26-2017
The SpaceX CEO is set to reveal more about his plans to colonize the Red Planet at an event on Friday.
Dubai aims to launch a driverless hover-taxi
9-26-2017
Transport authorities in the United Arab Emirates are hoping to offer an autonomous flying taxi service.
'Doomsday' has been postponed until October
9-25-2017
The man behind this month's doomsday prophecy has pushed the apocalypse back another few weeks.
Spielberg once contributed to UN UFO debate
9-25-2017
The legendary film director has made several movies exploring the themes of UFOs and extraterrestrials.
Slow motion paintball collision
Posted 9-26-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys record two paintballs colliding with one another in mid-air.

Will robots take over all our jobs ?
Posted 9-23-2017 | 1 comment
As computers become increasingly sophisticated, will there be any jobs left for us ?

Exploring Antarctica's hidden depths
Posted 9-22-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists investigate some of the wildlife hidden beneath the Antarctic ice.

Science-fiction spacesuits
Posted 9-21-2017 | 0 comments
Adam Savage investigates a number of intricately detailed spacesuits used in movies.

Extreme neodymium magnet
Posted 9-20-2017 | 0 comments
Unboxing a magnet so powerful that it can suspend huge weights off the underside of a table.

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY