Thursday, July 27, 2017

Man can stick bottles and cans to his head

Posted on Monday, 25 January, 2016 | Comment icon 17 comments

Keeton can stick anything to his skin. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 LWP Communications / Flickr
A man who has become known as 'canhead' possesses the unique ability to stick objects to his head.
Jamie Keeton of Evergreen Park in Illinois is able to perform the peculiar feat due to a medical condition so rare that doctors don't even have a name for it.

He first discovered his unique talent quite by accident during a ball game 23 years ago.

"I was trying to cool my head down because it was a hot day. And all of a sudden they hit a home run," he said. "I went up to grab it... I missed it, and then said, 'Where's my drink?' Everybody was laughing... The drink was stuck to the back of my head. The drink was pouring out of it."

Now known as 'canhead', Keeton has since become something of a celebrity and last week even managed to secure a Guinness World Record in China for sticking eight cans to his head.

Nobody knows exactly how he is able to do it but one possibility is that his abnormally high body temperature of 100 degrees may be causing his pores to act a bit like suction-cups.

Source: UPI.com | Comments (17)

Tags: Canhead, Jamie Keeton

Comment icon #8 Posted by Lucas Cooper Merrin on 25 January, 2016, 16:57
Its sweat! I can stick cutlery and pans to myself after ive worked up a sweat!
Comment icon #9 Posted by Twin on 25 January, 2016, 19:54
I can stick two coke cans to my forehead but it actually works better if they are full (not opened). It's just the suction action. The lobes of my forehead are shaped just right for coke - other brands don't work so well. I put the can on my damp forehead & manually move the skin away from the can a little creating suction.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Twin on 25 January, 2016, 19:56
Comment icon #11 Posted by Twin on 25 January, 2016, 20:00
See him slide it a little when he places it? that pulls on the skin a little creating suction. No mystery.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Chibadiba on 25 January, 2016, 21:02
I present you with the newest member of the X-Men, Can Head!
Comment icon #13 Posted by kapow53 on 26 January, 2016, 1:56
This man is a true American hero.
Comment icon #14 Posted by qxcontinuum on 27 January, 2016, 5:33
i can do the same thing. It is called suction and requires a bit of fat
Comment icon #15 Posted by Ashyne on 27 January, 2016, 15:17
His body temperature is at 100 degrees always? All the water in his body must be boiling and turning into steam then.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Ashyne on 27 January, 2016, 15:23
ChrLrz, I dont know any studies but the BASIC, not sure about advanced, science. Most cans and bottles have a concave area at bottm of can, not completely flat. If his pores are acting like suction cups then it needs a complete seal around the can. The concave part of his head fits perfectly inside that concave and between that and pores it suctions it to his head. I dont think flat bottomed would work or even if his head was just slightly different shaped head because that seal around bottom of can is flush with skin. I also believe that is the case as all the flat bottomed objects are placed... [More]
Comment icon #17 Posted by AustinHinton on 27 January, 2016, 22:07
He must have a very magnetic personality...

Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs
  Brave Moderate Imam Speaks Out
  Sell it to me.
  Broken Guardian Angel
 Ancient Mysteries & Alternative History
  The Great Sphinx and The Golden Ratio.
  Let's talk history
  Philistines not Aegean pirates?
California residents report 'Chupacabra'
7-27-2017
Alleged sightings of the cryptozoological creature have sparked concerns over the safety of local pets.
Our atoms came from far across the universe
7-27-2017
A new study has revealed that half of the atoms that make up our bodies have come from beyond the galaxy.
Private firm set to land on the Moon in 2019
7-27-2017
Astrobotic is aiming to land its unmanned Peregrine lunar lander on the surface of the Moon in two years' time.
3,500-year-old lunch box found in Swiss Alps
7-26-2017
An extraordinarily well-preserved lunch box has been discovered on Switzerland's Lotschberg mountain.
Octopus goes for a walk
Posted 7-27-2017 | 3 comments
As this video shows, not all octopus' limit their exploration to the bottom of the sea.

Augmented reality
Posted 7-26-2017 | 1 comment
A look at a new technology that superimposes computer-generated images over the real world.

Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI