Tuesday, November 21, 2017

20-year-old woman believes that she is a cat

Posted on Friday, 29 January, 2016 | Comment icon 90 comments

The 20-year-old frequently acts the part. Image Credit: NRK P3 Verdens Rikeste Land / YouTube
The woman, who goes by the name Nano, claims that she is a cat that has been born in to the wrong body.
The Norwegian, who discovered her peculiar trait at the age of 16, has since adopted numerous feline mannerisms and claims that she has become terrified of water.

"I realized I was a cat when I was 16 when doctors and psychologists found out what was 'the thing' with me," she said. "Under my birth there was a genetic defect."

Nano maintains that her feline status has granted her superior senses enabling her to see in the dark and to pick up faint sounds that other people are unable to hear.

She also wears a pair of cat ears on her head and an artificial tale fastened around her waist.

"Sometime I hiss when meeting dogs in the street," she said. "It's because of their behavior and my instinct automatically reacts by hissing. It's also obvious that I'm a cat when I start purring and meowing.. and walking around on four legs and stuff like that."

"My psychologist told me I can grow out of it, but I doubt it. I think I will be cat all my life."

Source: Telegraph | Comments (90)

Tags: Cat

Comment icon #81 Posted by Cloudshill on 6 February, 2016, 14:46
Do dogs chase her?
Comment icon #82 Posted by johnnydanger on 6 February, 2016, 21:55
I used to be a T rex but knocked it on the head around age of 6
Comment icon #83 Posted by noppohn on 8 February, 2016, 3:47
Do dogs chase her? I hiss in your general direction
Comment icon #84 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 8 February, 2016, 3:56
I used to be a T rex but knocked it on the head around age of 6 You're arms are too long to be a T-Rex.
Comment icon #85 Posted by unicronz on 8 February, 2016, 20:15
Cat lady, I have so many questions for you. 1. If your owner dies, will you eat them? 2. Who takes care of your litterbox? 3. Are you able to fit your body through anywhere your head can fit? 4. What's your favorite brand of cat food? Let me know!
Comment icon #86 Posted by noppohn on 9 February, 2016, 2:23
You wouldn't say that to a transgender person, so why are you allowed to spew your hate against a trans-species animal? I would
Comment icon #87 Posted by BangMaid on 9 February, 2016, 3:12
This is my favorite anything.
Comment icon #88 Posted by psyche101 on 9 February, 2016, 5:10
I have had students tell me they're kitties. I said "fine, but all good little kitties do what they're told" and indulged their play acting up to the point it made it impossible to teach (FWIW it never did, we made a joke about it and moved on). This girl needs to be told "and now your playing is interfering with X, stop it". My daughter does that sometimes to, she actually says "Dad, I'm a cat" Quite often too. Same thing, play acting, she does not think she actually is a cat. Got her a cat watch last weekend though, she seems to like it I told her I was a T Rex, but sometimes I am a cucumber... [More]
Comment icon #89 Posted by psyche101 on 9 February, 2016, 5:11
I will call her Bruce
Comment icon #90 Posted by Coyote Speaks on 10 February, 2016, 2:57
She's just a Therian. Nothing new or unique about it. http://theriantimeli...m/therianthropy (I think that 73 in there is supposed to be 93) Only normally therians can function as humans day to day...

Mystery still surrounds UFO over Oregon
11-21-2017
Back in October, aviation authorities investigated an unidentified aircraft flying over the West Coast.
Interstellar visitor is red and very dark
11-21-2017
An asteroid thought to have come from interstellar space is carrying organic carbon-based molecules.
Could dust have carried alien life to Earth ?
11-20-2017
Scientists believe that interstellar dust streams might be able to transfer organisms between planets.
Big earthquakes to occur more often in 2018
11-20-2017
A periodic slowing of the rotation of the Earth is likely to result in an upsurge in earthquakes next year.
What do we know of the giant squid ?
Posted 11-20-2017 | 1 comment
The giant squid is so elusive that it took until 2004 for someone to photograph a live specimen.

Slow motion katana slice
Posted 11-18-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt to slice through a row of water bottles using a katana sword.

What happened to the Library of Alexandria ?
Posted 11-17-2017 | 5 comments
What really happened to the vast wealth of knowledge stored in the ancient library ?

World's largest sticker ball
Posted 11-14-2017 | 1 comment
This enormous ball of stickers contains somewhere in the region of 200,000 stickers.

Caving claustrophobia
Posted 11-10-2017 | 12 comments
A montage of shots from caving in some of the most cramped conditions on Earth.

Strange occurrences
11-15-2017 | Fife

Mysterious music box song
11-15-2017 | U.S.A

Haunted military house
10-23-2017 | New Zealand

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom

Ghost playing with a balloon?
10-18-2017 | Australia