Tuesday, July 25, 2017

20-year-old woman believes that she is a cat

Posted on Friday, 29 January, 2016 | Comment icon 90 comments

The 20-year-old frequently acts the part. Image Credit: NRK P3 Verdens Rikeste Land / YouTube
The woman, who goes by the name Nano, claims that she is a cat that has been born in to the wrong body.
The Norwegian, who discovered her peculiar trait at the age of 16, has since adopted numerous feline mannerisms and claims that she has become terrified of water.

"I realized I was a cat when I was 16 when doctors and psychologists found out what was 'the thing' with me," she said. "Under my birth there was a genetic defect."

Nano maintains that her feline status has granted her superior senses enabling her to see in the dark and to pick up faint sounds that other people are unable to hear.

She also wears a pair of cat ears on her head and an artificial tale fastened around her waist.

"Sometime I hiss when meeting dogs in the street," she said. "It's because of their behavior and my instinct automatically reacts by hissing. It's also obvious that I'm a cat when I start purring and meowing.. and walking around on four legs and stuff like that."

"My psychologist told me I can grow out of it, but I doubt it. I think I will be cat all my life."

Source: Telegraph | Comments (90)

Tags: Cat

Comment icon #81 Posted by Cloudshill on 6 February, 2016, 14:46
Do dogs chase her?
Comment icon #82 Posted by johnnydanger on 6 February, 2016, 21:55
I used to be a T rex but knocked it on the head around age of 6
Comment icon #83 Posted by noppohn on 8 February, 2016, 3:47
Do dogs chase her? I hiss in your general direction
Comment icon #84 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 8 February, 2016, 3:56
I used to be a T rex but knocked it on the head around age of 6 You're arms are too long to be a T-Rex.
Comment icon #85 Posted by unicronz on 8 February, 2016, 20:15
Cat lady, I have so many questions for you. 1. If your owner dies, will you eat them? 2. Who takes care of your litterbox? 3. Are you able to fit your body through anywhere your head can fit? 4. What's your favorite brand of cat food? Let me know!
Comment icon #86 Posted by noppohn on 9 February, 2016, 2:23
You wouldn't say that to a transgender person, so why are you allowed to spew your hate against a trans-species animal? I would
Comment icon #87 Posted by BangMaid on 9 February, 2016, 3:12
This is my favorite anything.
Comment icon #88 Posted by psyche101 on 9 February, 2016, 5:10
I have had students tell me they're kitties. I said "fine, but all good little kitties do what they're told" and indulged their play acting up to the point it made it impossible to teach (FWIW it never did, we made a joke about it and moved on). This girl needs to be told "and now your playing is interfering with X, stop it". My daughter does that sometimes to, she actually says "Dad, I'm a cat" Quite often too. Same thing, play acting, she does not think she actually is a cat. Got her a cat watch last weekend though, she seems to like it I told her I was a T Rex, but sometimes I am a cucumber... [More]
Comment icon #89 Posted by psyche101 on 9 February, 2016, 5:11
I will call her Bruce
Comment icon #90 Posted by Coyote Speaks on 10 February, 2016, 2:57
She's just a Therian. Nothing new or unique about it. http://theriantimeli...m/therianthropy (I think that 73 in there is supposed to be 93) Only normally therians can function as humans day to day...

New species of giant sunfish discovered
7-24-2017
Marine researcher Marianne Nyegaard has identified the first new species of sunfish in over 130 years.
Nazi gold reportedly found in WWII shipwreck
7-24-2017
A chest thought to be filled with Nazi gold has been found in the wreckage of the scuttled SS Minden.
Mystery woman 'wails through letterboxes'
7-23-2017
Several households in England have been plagued by a woman crying through their letterboxes at night.
Robot ventures inside Fukushima reactor 3
7-23-2017
Scientists in Japan have identified what could be fuel debris within the devastated nuclear reactor.
Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

Do not microwave an airbag
Posted 7-20-2017 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys capture what happens when you put an airbag in a microwave.

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI