Wednesday, September 20, 2017

20-year-old woman believes that she is a cat

Posted on Friday, 29 January, 2016 | Comment icon 90 comments

The 20-year-old frequently acts the part. Image Credit: NRK P3 Verdens Rikeste Land / YouTube
The woman, who goes by the name Nano, claims that she is a cat that has been born in to the wrong body.
The Norwegian, who discovered her peculiar trait at the age of 16, has since adopted numerous feline mannerisms and claims that she has become terrified of water.

"I realized I was a cat when I was 16 when doctors and psychologists found out what was 'the thing' with me," she said. "Under my birth there was a genetic defect."

Nano maintains that her feline status has granted her superior senses enabling her to see in the dark and to pick up faint sounds that other people are unable to hear.

She also wears a pair of cat ears on her head and an artificial tale fastened around her waist.

"Sometime I hiss when meeting dogs in the street," she said. "It's because of their behavior and my instinct automatically reacts by hissing. It's also obvious that I'm a cat when I start purring and meowing.. and walking around on four legs and stuff like that."

"My psychologist told me I can grow out of it, but I doubt it. I think I will be cat all my life."

Source: Telegraph | Comments (90)

Tags: Cat

Comment icon #81 Posted by Cloudshill on 6 February, 2016, 14:46
Do dogs chase her?
Comment icon #82 Posted by johnnydanger on 6 February, 2016, 21:55
I used to be a T rex but knocked it on the head around age of 6
Comment icon #83 Posted by noppohn on 8 February, 2016, 3:47
Do dogs chase her? I hiss in your general direction
Comment icon #84 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 8 February, 2016, 3:56
I used to be a T rex but knocked it on the head around age of 6 You're arms are too long to be a T-Rex.
Comment icon #85 Posted by unicronz on 8 February, 2016, 20:15
Cat lady, I have so many questions for you. 1. If your owner dies, will you eat them? 2. Who takes care of your litterbox? 3. Are you able to fit your body through anywhere your head can fit? 4. What's your favorite brand of cat food? Let me know!
Comment icon #86 Posted by noppohn on 9 February, 2016, 2:23
You wouldn't say that to a transgender person, so why are you allowed to spew your hate against a trans-species animal? I would
Comment icon #87 Posted by BangMaid on 9 February, 2016, 3:12
This is my favorite anything.
Comment icon #88 Posted by psyche101 on 9 February, 2016, 5:10
I have had students tell me they're kitties. I said "fine, but all good little kitties do what they're told" and indulged their play acting up to the point it made it impossible to teach (FWIW it never did, we made a joke about it and moved on). This girl needs to be told "and now your playing is interfering with X, stop it". My daughter does that sometimes to, she actually says "Dad, I'm a cat" Quite often too. Same thing, play acting, she does not think she actually is a cat. Got her a cat watch last weekend though, she seems to like it I told her I was a T Rex, but sometimes I am a cucumber... [More]
Comment icon #89 Posted by psyche101 on 9 February, 2016, 5:11
I will call her Bruce
Comment icon #90 Posted by Coyote Speaks on 10 February, 2016, 2:57
She's just a Therian. Nothing new or unique about it. http://theriantimeli...m/therianthropy (I think that 73 in there is supposed to be 93) Only normally therians can function as humans day to day...

550 million-year-old creature mystery solved
9-20-2017
Scientists believe that they have finally worked out what type of creature 'Dickinsonia' actually was.
Porpoise unearthed in medieval graveyard
9-20-2017
A recent archaeological dig near Guernsey has yielded something rather unexpected - a porpoise skeleton.
Mystery surrounds flushed money in Geneva
9-19-2017
An unknown individual has been flushing thousands of euros down the toilet and nobody knows why.
'Octopus city' found off coast of Australia
9-19-2017
Members of the gloomy octopus species have created their own underwater settlement dubbed 'Octlantis'.
Extreme neodymium magnet
Posted 9-20-2017 | 0 comments
Unboxing a magnet so powerful that it can suspend huge weights off the underside of a table.

Derren Brown and new age crystals
Posted 9-19-2017 | 0 comments
The psychological illusionist is joined by actor Martin Freeman for this remarkable trick.

I'll eat my hat
Posted 9-18-2017 | 0 comments
Where did the strange phrase 'I'll eat my hat' actually come from ?

Meet the microscopic life in your home
Posted 9-17-2017 | 0 comments
Think your home is free of meddlesome microscopic life forms ? Think again.

Are rats friends or foes ?
Posted 9-16-2017 | 3 comments
Rats are certainly not humanity's favorite animals, but just how bad are they really ?

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY