Thursday, May 26, 2016

Ghostly monk filmed at old abandoned church

Posted on Saturday, 20 February, 2016 | Comment icon 16 comments

The ruined building has a long and varied past. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Brookie
Two paranormal investigators recorded a strange figure during a visit to a church in Clophill, England.
48-year-old Dean Johnson and his partner Charlie had traveled to the ruins of Old St Mary's Church earlier this month in the hope of capturing something paranormal on camera.

"We had been standing on the public road outside the church for 10 minutes and my partner Charlie was testing the camera on his phone," said Dean. "When Charlie looked back at his camera footage there appeared to be a black hooded monk walking across the archway."

The pair remain adamant that nobody else had been there at the time and upon further investigation they discovered that the tower was locked meaning that the figure would have had nowhere to go.

"Apparently in the 1960s there were a number of satanic rituals at the church where people were digging up bones and arranging them in satanic patterns," said Charlie. "We've travelled the length of Britain looking for evidence of ghosts but this is the best evidence we'd have so far."

The footage, which shows the ghostly figure walking across the archway, can be viewed below.

Source: BT.com | Comments (16)

Tags: Ghost, Monk, Church

Comment icon #7 Posted by Hudds on 20 February, 2016, 22:21
It was meant to be a hooded monk, they used to wear hooded robes like that in the olden days.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Max A. on 21 February, 2016, 2:58
I'm pretty sure that's a Jawa
Comment icon #9 Posted by glorybebe on 21 February, 2016, 6:19
While I believe in ghosts I don't believe his accounts. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a setup with someone dressed as a monk walking by the archway
Comment icon #10 Posted by AustinHinton on 21 February, 2016, 22:14
I'm sorry, but I don't see it.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Calibeliever on 22 February, 2016, 1:08
Yes, but moved by who. Basically, either there is someone in the church or there isn't. If there is then mystery solved. The problem with the video is we only have his word for the fact that no one was in the church. :/
Comment icon #12 Posted by Hudds on 22 February, 2016, 1:21
I agree. I had my doubts of it being anything of the paranormal, since I watched the video. Read my other post comment, as I explained why.
Comment icon #13 Posted by joonmoon999 on 22 February, 2016, 15:09
Who's that guy?
Comment icon #14 Posted by Randyhall85 on 23 February, 2016, 18:30
As a ghost hunter this looks ridiculously fake. Either way I agree with Max a. Definitely a jawa.
Comment icon #15 Posted by HollyDolly on 25 February, 2016, 20:42
Well I see someone dressed as what looks to be a benedictine monk or someone belonging maybe to another order. It's possible since the place was used for occult purposes that this is a real human being and a cult member.I'm not british and I have no clue as to what Catholic diocese Clophill is in nor what roman catholic monasteries are around.The angelican church also has religious orders for men and women as well which many americans don't know.Could be a human monk maybe. The one thing I like is the video was shot in daylight .ghosts don't just show up at night. It appears th... [More]

Neanderthal-built stone rings found in cave
5-25-2016
Remarkable prehistoric structures made from stalagmites have been discovered inside a cave in France.
'Human dog' appears in daytime TV interview
5-25-2016
Sound technician Tom Peters likes nothing more than to dress up in a latex costume and act like a dog.
Woman stalked by swarm of bees for 24 hours
5-25-2016
Carol Howarth was shocked to discover that a swarm of 20,000 bees had followed her car all the way home.
Australian town is invaded by 100,000 bats
5-24-2016
Batemans Bay in New South Wales has become so overrun that a state of emergency has been declared.
What happened before the Big Bang ?
Posted 5-22-2016 | 4 comments
Is it possible to find out what took place before our universe came in to existence ?

Prehistoric creatures that still exist
Posted 5-21-2016 | 1 comment
A look at some remarkable animal species that have survived for millions of years.

Why do we have 10 fingers and 10 toes ?
Posted 5-20-2016 | 2 comments
What is the reason that we happen to have exactly 10 fingers and toes ? Why that number ?

Talking tapes
Posted 5-19-2016 | 1 comment
Tim demonstrates a unique form of audio recording which uses ridged strips of plastic.

Building a popcorn machine
Posted 5-18-2016 | 1 comment
Adam Savage and Simone Giertz build a novel hands-free device for eating popcorn.

Not in our jurisdiction

Christmas Day haunting
4-6-2016 | London, UK

The funeral director
3-30-2016 | Hebburn, England

A strange sighting in Spain
3-30-2016 | Albatera, Spain

Dust patterns on basement floor
3-27-2016 | Smithville, Texas