Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Ghostly monk filmed at old abandoned church

Posted on Saturday, 20 February, 2016 | Comment icon 17 comments

The ruined building has a long and varied past. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Brookie
Two paranormal investigators recorded a strange figure during a visit to a church in Clophill, England.
48-year-old Dean Johnson and his partner Charlie had traveled to the ruins of Old St Mary's Church earlier this month in the hope of capturing something paranormal on camera.

"We had been standing on the public road outside the church for 10 minutes and my partner Charlie was testing the camera on his phone," said Dean. "When Charlie looked back at his camera footage there appeared to be a black hooded monk walking across the archway."

The pair remain adamant that nobody else had been there at the time and upon further investigation they discovered that the tower was locked meaning that the figure would have had nowhere to go.

"Apparently in the 1960s there were a number of satanic rituals at the church where people were digging up bones and arranging them in satanic patterns," said Charlie. "We've travelled the length of Britain looking for evidence of ghosts but this is the best evidence we'd have so far."

The footage, which shows the ghostly figure walking across the archway, can be viewed below.

Source: BT.com | Comments (17)

Tags: Ghost, Monk, Church

Comment icon #8 Posted by Max A. on 21 February, 2016, 2:58
I'm pretty sure that's a Jawa
Comment icon #9 Posted by glorybebe on 21 February, 2016, 6:19
While I believe in ghosts I don't believe his accounts. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a setup with someone dressed as a monk walking by the archway
Comment icon #10 Posted by AustinHinton on 21 February, 2016, 22:14
It was meant to be a hooded monk, they used to wear hooded robes like that in the olden days. I'm sorry, but I don't see it.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Calibeliever on 22 February, 2016, 1:08
It was meant to be a hooded monk, they used to wear hooded robes like that in the olden days. Yes, but moved by who. Basically, either there is someone in the church or there isn't. If there is then mystery solved. The problem with the video is we only have his word for the fact that no one was in the church. :/
Comment icon #12 Posted by Hudds on 22 February, 2016, 1:21
Yes, but moved by who. Basically, either there is someone in the church or there isn't. If there is then mystery solved. The problem with the video is we only have his word for the fact that no one was in the church. :/ I agree. I had my doubts of it being anything of the paranormal, since I watched the video. Read my other post comment, as I explained why.
Comment icon #13 Posted by joonmoon999 on 22 February, 2016, 15:09
Who's that guy?
Comment icon #14 Posted by Randyhall85 on 23 February, 2016, 18:30
As a ghost hunter this looks ridiculously fake. Either way I agree with Max a. Definitely a jawa.
Comment icon #15 Posted by HollyDolly on 25 February, 2016, 20:42
Well I see someone dressed as what looks to be a benedictine monk or someone belonging maybe to another order. It's possible since the place was used for occult purposes that this is a real human being and a cult member.I'm not british and I have no clue as to what Catholic diocese Clophill is in nor what roman catholic monasteries are around.The angelican church also has religious orders for men and women as well which many americans don't know.Could be a human monk maybe. The one thing I like is the video was shot in daylight .ghosts don't just show up at night. It appears they are approachi... [More]
Comment icon #16 Posted by oneshot_me on 12 July, 2016, 0:23
Thinking of leaving this forum Everyone of the last 3 articles they have the video deleted
Comment icon #17 Posted by freetoroam on 12 July, 2016, 0:48
Maybe the video has been bebunked that the person who made it has had it removed from youtube.to save any extra embarrassment. Anyway, welcome. Great site here, no need to jump ship just yet...lots of videos on here which are worth seeing.

Cassini begins dive between Saturn's rings
4-26-2017
The dangerous nature of the maneuver has resulted in NASA temporarily losing contact with the spacecraft.
Plastic-eating caterpillar could aid disposal
4-26-2017
A species of caterpillar known to eat wax inside beehives has been found to eat plastic bags as well.
Trump urges NASA to speed up Mars mission
4-25-2017
The US President has stated that he would like to see astronauts visiting Mars before the year 2021.
Mysterious Canadian aurora nicknamed 'Steve'
4-25-2017
The phenomenon was first discovered by a group of amateur Aurora Borealis photographers in Alberta.
Lightning seen from space
Posted 4-26-2017 | 0 comments
Astronaut Thomas Pesquet captured this footage from the International Space Station.

Slo Mo Guys Inception
Posted 4-25-2017 | 0 comments
Gav and Dan attempt to recreate a scene from Inception involving a bath of cold water.

Boiling water meets freezing air
Posted 4-24-2017 | 1 comment
A look at what happens when you throw boiling water out in to the freezing Russian winter air.

Cave-dwelling spiders
Posted 4-23-2017 | 3 comments
A new species of spider has been found living in caves and mine shafts in Mexico.

The human bridge of musicality
Posted 4-22-2017 | 1 comment
A look at how the human brain perceives the concept of music and how it is processed.

Grandpa's visit
4-14-2017 | Portugal

Mysterious dog
4-14-2017 | Utah

A night to remember
4-14-2017 | Philippines

Am I going crazy ?
3-30-2017 | South Africa

Sleep paralysis or my father ?
3-30-2017 | Los Angeles