Saturday, December 10, 2016

Ghostly monk filmed at old abandoned church

Posted on Saturday, 20 February, 2016 | Comment icon 17 comments

The ruined building has a long and varied past. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Brookie
Two paranormal investigators recorded a strange figure during a visit to a church in Clophill, England.
48-year-old Dean Johnson and his partner Charlie had traveled to the ruins of Old St Mary's Church earlier this month in the hope of capturing something paranormal on camera.

"We had been standing on the public road outside the church for 10 minutes and my partner Charlie was testing the camera on his phone," said Dean. "When Charlie looked back at his camera footage there appeared to be a black hooded monk walking across the archway."

The pair remain adamant that nobody else had been there at the time and upon further investigation they discovered that the tower was locked meaning that the figure would have had nowhere to go.

"Apparently in the 1960s there were a number of satanic rituals at the church where people were digging up bones and arranging them in satanic patterns," said Charlie. "We've travelled the length of Britain looking for evidence of ghosts but this is the best evidence we'd have so far."

The footage, which shows the ghostly figure walking across the archway, can be viewed below.

Source: BT.com | Comments (17)

Tags: Ghost, Monk, Church

Comment icon #8 Posted by Max A. on 21 February, 2016, 2:58
I'm pretty sure that's a Jawa
Comment icon #9 Posted by glorybebe on 21 February, 2016, 6:19
While I believe in ghosts I don't believe his accounts. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a setup with someone dressed as a monk walking by the archway
Comment icon #10 Posted by AustinHinton on 21 February, 2016, 22:14
It was meant to be a hooded monk, they used to wear hooded robes like that in the olden days. I'm sorry, but I don't see it.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Calibeliever on 22 February, 2016, 1:08
It was meant to be a hooded monk, they used to wear hooded robes like that in the olden days. Yes, but moved by who. Basically, either there is someone in the church or there isn't. If there is then mystery solved. The problem with the video is we only have his word for the fact that no one was in the church. :/
Comment icon #12 Posted by Hudds on 22 February, 2016, 1:21
Yes, but moved by who. Basically, either there is someone in the church or there isn't. If there is then mystery solved. The problem with the video is we only have his word for the fact that no one was in the church. :/ I agree. I had my doubts of it being anything of the paranormal, since I watched the video. Read my other post comment, as I explained why.
Comment icon #13 Posted by joonmoon999 on 22 February, 2016, 15:09
Who's that guy?
Comment icon #14 Posted by Randyhall85 on 23 February, 2016, 18:30
As a ghost hunter this looks ridiculously fake. Either way I agree with Max a. Definitely a jawa.
Comment icon #15 Posted by HollyDolly on 25 February, 2016, 20:42
Well I see someone dressed as what looks to be a benedictine monk or someone belonging maybe to another order. It's possible since the place was used for occult purposes that this is a real human being and a cult member.I'm not british and I have no clue as to what Catholic diocese Clophill is in nor what roman catholic monasteries are around.The angelican church also has religious orders for men and women as well which many americans don't know.Could be a human monk maybe. The one thing I like is the video was shot in daylight .ghosts don't just show up at night. It appears they are approachi... [More]
Comment icon #16 Posted by oneshot_me on 12 July, 2016, 0:23
Thinking of leaving this forum Everyone of the last 3 articles they have the video deleted
Comment icon #17 Posted by freetoroam on 12 July, 2016, 0:48
Maybe the video has been bebunked that the person who made it has had it removed from youtube.to save any extra embarrassment.  Anyway, welcome. Great site here, no need to jump ship just yet...lots of videos on here which are worth seeing.

What would a talking monkey sound like ?
12-10-2016
Scientists at Princeton University have simulated what an English-speaking macaque would sound like.
New Rendlesham UFO witness comes forward
12-9-2016
A former security police officer has described the object he witnessed that night as 'not of this world'.
Legendary astronaut John Glenn dies aged 95
12-9-2016
Glenn became a national hero back in 1962 when he became the first American ever to orbit the Earth.
Actual dinosaur tail found preserved in amber
12-8-2016
The unprecedented 99 million-year-old specimen contains preserved bones, soft tissues and feathers.
Featured book

By Toryn Chapman
Campbell Mackenzie is a successful lawyer with occasional feelings of déjà vu. There's just one problem, though - it's not déjà vu.
World's largest Rube Goldberg machine
Posted 12-10-2016 | 1 comment
This ludicrously convoluted contraption was used to turn on Christmas tree lights.

Why do some coins have ridges ?
Posted 12-9-2016 | 2 comments
What is the purpose of the ridges found around the edges of some coins ?

Exploding 6ft water balloon in slow motion
Posted 12-8-2016 | 1 comment
The Slo Mo Guys film what happens when you sit inside a giant exploding water balloon.

What happens when you swallow gum ?
Posted 12-7-2016 | 3 comments
Ever swallowed a piece of chewing gum by accident ? Here's what happens.

Indestructible coating ?
Posted 12-6-2016 | 5 comments
A look at polyurea, an elastomer that can make objects extremely difficult to damage.

Not my daughter